hulika

Author Topic: What do you look for in a solo?  (Read 8889 times)

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: What do you look for in a solo?
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2007, 11:22:05 AM »

"Ed is having sex with his girlfriend". - Alan Holdsworth.

i think i heard scott henderson said this on his melodic phrasing lesson..hahaha, it's like you have to over emphasize on something-you have to repeat it with same motifs but in diff exagerrated manners..
... I don't understand it that way.  I can't explain it...but he is right.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

william251082

« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2007, 06:19:48 PM »
GROOVE and story, something that makes d moment shine.

i have to say GROOVE again! i think that alone makes d difference between a good and a bad solo. eventhough it has bad tone, bad notes, bad sound, bad amps, bad story, bad whatever... it still has some sort of musical value, if it's grooving. that's d effect of a 'sound in time'. d phrasing should make sense of course.

Art is something that u don't completely understand, if it's too obvious it's not art!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 02:19:07 AM by william251082 »

Offline jazhombie

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2007, 12:41:23 AM »

i have to say GROOVE again! i think that alone makes d difference between a good and a bad solo. eventhough it has bad tone, bad notes, bad sound, bad amps, bad story, bad whatever... it still has some sort of musical value, if it's grooving. that's d effect of a 'sound in time'. d phrasing should make sense of course.

Art is something that u don't completely understand, if it's too obvious it's not art!
wat do u look in a SOLO, pare? db tissue paper?joke.. :-D

william251082

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2007, 05:00:37 AM »

wat do u look in a SOLO, pare? db tissue paper?joke.. :-D

d ko naintindihan un ah bkt tissue paper? pamunas?