hulika

Author Topic: MAX RUFO's Custom Guitars & Basses w/ pics!  (Read 1228210 times)

Offline af_villaruel

• Forum Fanatic
Re: MAX RUFO's Custom Guitars & Basses w/ pics!
« Reply #1300 on: May 05, 2008, 07:53:14 PM »
nah. u just nid to have $$$.

Offline redhotchillipepe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1301 on: May 05, 2008, 07:55:32 PM »
there are guitarists na magaling talaga kahit na ano ipagamit mo na gitara. even if you're using a high end guitar but if you don't know how to play it and puro yabang ka lang sa gears mo, you still suck.
funky monk

Offline nealyu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1302 on: May 05, 2008, 07:55:58 PM »
Yun nga e. We're talking about gear here, not about how Alex plays. Tapos nilalait niyo playing niya kasi nilalait niya yung guitars ni Mang Rufo.

Offline nealyu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1303 on: May 05, 2008, 07:57:30 PM »
Magaling nga at masarap pakinggan playing nila pero iba parin pagmaganda gear nila. lalong gumaganda tunog

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1304 on: May 05, 2008, 08:26:42 PM »
see it in action...

hahahah cracks me up everytime...

I've been reading this thread.

Someone said "All local luthiers are great..."

Someone reacted with ".... Nope, some are way better than others"

Could we just leave it at that?  Maybe he just didn't like the sweeping generalization.  It's an opinion.

Move on people.

i agree...sometimes there are instances where we just have to let it be..
"hayaan" na lang natin...mapapagulo lang pagmakipagtalo. its like feeding a whale to an ant...pointless.

Offline markLAKANDULA

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1305 on: May 05, 2008, 09:21:18 PM »
tama,hayaan na lang natin...  :-)

tjoinkz

« Reply #1306 on: May 05, 2008, 10:38:15 PM »
Let's just let it be people. We all know all pinoy luthiers kick ass!

Offline yahoo!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1307 on: May 05, 2008, 10:48:06 PM »
Let's just let it be people. We all know all pinoy luthiers kick ass!
+1! suportahan natin un mga pinoy luthier!

Offline markLAKANDULA

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1308 on: May 05, 2008, 11:59:25 PM »
+1! suportahan natin un mga pinoy luthier!

tama yan... :-D

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1309 on: May 06, 2008, 12:19:13 AM »
Does someone need to play well in order to have killer gear?  :?

need? i wouldn't say it is a pre-requisite but, come on, at least play decently in order to do the instrument justice. i rewatched the Baker video and there would have been so much more you could do to show that the Baker is an exceptional instrument (like play some nice basic passages or a nice chord progression, nothing too fancy, you know?) instead of trying to bend notes like it would show anything conclusive. clips of the zendrive clones on this board do a clever job of showing the people on here the potential of the pedals and some of the clips that i;ve seen comparing different guitars (i think it was kawayan strat playing or something) showed that a kawayan strat CAN sound as cool and interesting as an axe made out of alder, mahogany or ash.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline vinz

• Board Moderator
« Reply #1310 on: May 06, 2008, 12:43:44 AM »
need? i wouldn't say it is a pre-requisite but, come on, at least play decently in order to do the instrument justice. i rewatched the Baker video and there would have been so much more you could do to show that the Baker is an exceptional instrument (like play some nice basic passages or a nice chord progression, nothing too fancy, you know?) instead of trying to bend notes like it would show anything conclusive. clips of the zendrive clones on this board do a clever job of showing the people on here the potential of the pedals and some of the clips that i;ve seen comparing different guitars (i think it was kawayan strat playing or something) showed that a kawayan strat CAN sound as cool and interesting as an axe made out of alder, mahogany or ash.

amen to this! :-)

"kung magpapakita ka ng gintong pangil, pakita mong kaya mong ipangkagat"

let Sir Alex go on with his opinions...if you dont want his opinions just forget the sh*t about about him you all know what i mean? basta lang wala lang yung sobra sobrang personalan na umabot pa sa di magandang usapan...lets move on mga boys, ignore him, the more nyo siyang pansinin the more lang siya magcomment na hindi nyo magugustuhan...wag lang sosobra eh hindi na tama yun, parang youre acting like a 15 year old spoiled brat na hindi makaintindi sa mga pangyayari at sige pa rin ang angal at pakikipagtalo.Lets all have a happy moment with our gears made by mang max ( i will have soon sana...ako magprovide nga wood hehe ) id really like to have one made by him its my choice, our choice and not "his" choice.Iba gusto at opinyon natin sa gusto at opinyon nya bahala na siya sa buhay nya hehehe apir!

MANG MAX SIGE LANG GAWA! :-D

Offline chromeknive

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1311 on: May 06, 2008, 12:46:31 AM »
As I already said before, I think Mang Max's Work now is even better than what was Mang Rudy's before.  I still think that based on the one model I have tried, it is great value for money. 

My intent is NOT to put down mang max but to give another opinion.  In terms of workmanship I have seen better from Ibanez Indonesia -- available at Audiophile, and Even Yamaha's AIR which is also made in Indonesia -- available at Perfect Pitch.  But thats just the workmanship portion.

But, at Mang Max's price point, its hard to beat the custom options available.  I do NOT think all local luthiers are great. (In such a grammatical context, you are putting them all on the same level.)  For example, if Mang Max's work was available in the time of Mang Rudy, I would not have gone to Mang Rudy and chosen Max's work even if Max would price higher than Rudy.

There is no crab mentality at work. 

PRSman,

The only reason that I am keen on general statements is because for me, and thats just me, I have seen better work than the hype but for the price -- its ok. 

He makes sense, you know. You just have to free yourself of the mindset that he's slapping you in the face with his cash because I'm sure that's not his intention no matter how it much it may seem to be the case.

All he's been doing here is challenging and refuting statements. Can't anyone here leave out emotions and insecurities and just argue/discuss properly?

Just because it's HIM posting it doesn't automatically mean ino-opress n'ya ang mga hindi sing yaman n'ya. It may be difficult but try to understand the context of his posts no matter how annoying they may be. Otherwise, away lang talaga ang mangyayari dito. He has as much right to post here as anybody so we all just have to learn to deal with him.

As for me, I keep track of this thread for future reference in case I want something done by Mang Max. I sure do hope this thread doesn't get locked.

Offline bluesboy1216

« Reply #1312 on: May 06, 2008, 07:18:31 AM »
lets just put it this way, we all have different opinions since we are all musicians we have our own preference but it all boils down that we are talking about GUITARS..lets respect each others opinions and lets just be happy that we have OPTIONS..if some of us can afford $$$$ guitars to have what they think sounds good then great..but for us who only chooses to build our own guitar and shell out just a quarter of what they paid for but still have a KICK ASS GUITAR thats AMAZING and we should be thankful.

to firemodel:
eto naman review ko sa baker mo firemodel since nakita ko sa you tube demo mo ng baker i hope im free to make a comment... yup i agree ganda ng itsura at maganda nga tunog crunchy at punchy i wonder what amp you used.pero pag pinagsabay natin yung lp ko na pinagawa ko k mang max at yang baker mo di maiiwan yung lp ko.at mahaba pa sustain ng lp ko if bending lang pag babasehan natin. i have jap p.ups lang pano pag nilagyan ko pa ng burstbucker..
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 09:42:38 AM by bluesboy1216 »
Blues is aint just a music it's a collection of life experiences good or bad.

-SoulGer-

Offline the quite one

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1313 on: May 06, 2008, 09:37:01 AM »
Yun nga e. We're talking about gear here, not about how Alex plays. Tapos nilalait niyo playing niya kasi nilalait niya yung guitars ni Mang Rufo.

well its high time for him to learn how to be nice with everyone.. choose words that will not offend anyone..that's the danger of unduly pride kasi.. he should learn to tame his tongue now or keep his big mouth in check. but hes got to remove excess air in his body first, its going fast to his head :lol: na.. otherwise lagi na lang may kabag sa ulo yan. :lol: :roll:

tjoinkz

« Reply #1314 on: May 06, 2008, 10:50:16 AM »
ito mga ser max rufo's custom gitara ni russel guitarist/vocals ng intolerant at skychurch sensya na russel ngayon ko lang naipost...
[/img]

mang max's work makes me wanna sell my hardtail and have a custom made guitar as well! woooh man this razorback is making me salivate haha

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1315 on: May 06, 2008, 11:12:11 AM »
He makes sense, you know. You just have to free yourself of the mindset that he's slapping you in the face with his cash because I'm sure that's not his intention no matter how it much it may seem to be the case.

All he's been doing here is challenging and refuting statements. Can't anyone here leave out emotions and insecurities and just argue/discuss properly?

Just because it's HIM posting it doesn't automatically mean ino-opress n'ya ang mga hindi sing yaman n'ya. It may be difficult but try to understand the context of his posts no matter how annoying they may be. Otherwise, away lang talaga ang mangyayari dito. He has as much right to post here as anybody so we all just have to learn to deal with him.

As for me, I keep track of this thread for future reference in case I want something done by Mang Max. I sure do hope this thread doesn't get locked.

i agree. firemodel is entitled to his opinion. what does get me is why people got so riled up over something that he said even though it is subjective and these things vary with people, you know? i mean, if i had a guitar and someone said it was crap but I liked it - that would be the end of the story because how I feel about my guitar is the only thing that really counts!
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1316 on: May 06, 2008, 11:40:34 AM »
i agree. firemodel is entitled to his opinion. what does get me is why people got so riled up over something that he said even though it is subjective and these things vary with people, you know? i mean, if i had a guitar and someone said it was crap but I liked it - that would be the end of the story because how I feel about my guitar is the only thing that really counts!

As quite one answered, here's why he always gets arguments:

well its high time for him to learn how to be nice with everyone.. choose words that will not offend anyone..that's the danger of unduly pride kasi.. he should learn to tame his tongue now or keep his big mouth in check. but hes got to remove excess air in his body first, its going fast to his head cheesy na..

If he could've only done & thought about this before he posted his comments, he wouldn't have received offending replies not just from this thread but from others as well.

What you sow is what you reap.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 08:59:57 PM by lateralis »

Offline redhotchillipepe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1317 on: May 06, 2008, 04:34:28 PM »

well its high time for him to learn how to be nice with everyone.. choose words that will not offend anyone..that's the danger of unduly pride kasi.. he should learn to tame his tongue now or keep his big mouth in check. but hes got to remove excess air in his body first, its going fast to his head cheesy na..

If he could've only done & thought about this before he posted his comments, he wouldn't have received offending replies not just from this thread but from others as well.

What you saw is what you reap.

+100. RESPECT
funky monk

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1318 on: May 06, 2008, 04:48:09 PM »
@bluesboy1216

skydog kelan natin makikita si amber with hardwares? lagyan mo ng motherbucker right?

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1319 on: May 06, 2008, 04:53:13 PM »

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1320 on: May 06, 2008, 04:55:57 PM »

What you saw is what you reap.

A lesson for everyone :-)

Offline paengkee

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1321 on: May 06, 2008, 08:07:56 PM »
O ano? post pics or gtfo?

5 pc mahogany/kamagong neck through yeah.

Offline markLAKANDULA

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1322 on: May 06, 2008, 08:12:30 PM »
O ano? post pics or gtfo?

5 pc mahogany/kamagong neck through yeah.

ayus toh...aabangan natin toh.. :-D

Offline subzero

« Reply #1323 on: May 06, 2008, 10:12:54 PM »
mga sir,andun ako kanina kina sir max,nakita ko yung project guitar ni sir paengkee,ang lupit ng pagkakagawa ng neck,ang sarap abangan kapag natapos sigurado po akong isa na naman itong masterpiece ni mang max,kaya guys watch out nyo na lng yung guitar na ito,kaya para sa iyo mang max,saludo ako sa iyong gawa!!!!

O.T.
thanks nga po pala sa pag set up ng guitar ko,swabeng swabe!!!yung SG ko po ha????
mabuhay ang malayang PILIPINO!!!!
are human SACRIFICE are the COLLATERAL for FREEDOM?????????????

Offline markLAKANDULA

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1324 on: May 07, 2008, 12:09:25 AM »
pagawa ka na rin kay mang max....GAS nato... :evil: