hulika

Author Topic: METALLICA's new album, "DEATH MAGNETIC" out now.  (Read 30091 times)

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
Re: METALLICA's new album, "DEATH MAGNETIC" out now.
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2008, 11:05:02 AM »
i just hope they're not experimenting on this album. as they've said naman after the black album, mag experiment sila ng mga songs. pero sana tama na, masakit na sa ulo eh  :-D
The Philippine surgeon shut them all up: "You're all wrong. Philippine Politicians are the easiest to operate on. There's no guts, no heart, no balls, no brains, and no spine... Plus, the head and the ass are interchangeable"

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2008, 03:42:24 PM »
I'm listening to the first track off the new record right now.

It's about time we've seen the boys come back in fighting form!  This is what I've been waiting for since Justice in '89. 

Old school 'tallica in the house. 

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2008, 05:17:42 PM »
ows? balik old school na sila? ayos!  :-D
The Philippine surgeon shut them all up: "You're all wrong. Philippine Politicians are the easiest to operate on. There's no guts, no heart, no balls, no brains, and no spine... Plus, the head and the ass are interchangeable"

Offline AthanVai

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2008, 07:02:16 PM »

Het was singing like a happy camper.

yep. what is up with lyrics like "Love is a four letter word"?! ...seriously, did James freakin Hetfield just sing those words?!... wtf?

Offline ispaks

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2008, 08:33:14 PM »
just heard the new album. OK lang IMO. Not that great, not that bad.  8-)

Music is a language. Learn to speak it and then really say something!

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,145039.0.html

Offline AthanVai

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2008, 08:36:04 PM »
OK lang IMO. Not that great, not that bad.  8-)

my sentiments exactly... not worth buying the actual cd. at least for me.

i know the die hard 'tallica fans would disagree with me.

i do like the fact that Kirk is soloing again though. Guy taught me how to play the geetar eh.  :-)

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2008, 07:16:51 AM »
I've lowered my expectations for them after everything they've done post-Black Album.  Maybe that's why I'm enjoying this because it's more of a step in the right direction that they were actually beginning to do in St Anger.

If anyone is expecting any mindblowing riffs, etc. this band will never be Lamb Of God or any of metal's new breed.   We will never hear anything like Metallica's first four albums from the band again.  I've come to accept that too.

That aside, I've placed classic 'tallica (Kill Em All until Justice) in the same classification with AC/DC, Motorhead, Slayer, and The Ramones.  They've all got the same successful songwriting formulas and have managed to stick to it no matter what.  This new one is a step in that direction as well.  I'm happy with that development since I thought I'd never enjoy a Metallica album again.  I'm psyched since I may just go see them this winter when they play the 'hood.  It's intriguing to hear more of these new songs live. 

Offline 1waymule

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2008, 09:26:52 AM »
to those who have heard it, what did you think of the sound quality? hindi ba parang sabog yung  snare drums and guitars? :?

this is way better than St. Anger. but compared to everything else...i still have to listen it more to figure it out.

Offline AthanVai

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2008, 04:02:28 PM »
sound quality is ok naman... nothing beats the production value of the Black album though.

to me the songs in the album had some oppurtunity to be great and blind blowing. sayang. it seems like an unfinished album.

the latter part of the song the day that never comes for example sounded like one of their jam tapes before concerts. very rough pa around the edges.... but hey, maybe that was their intent. i did not like it though.

I miss the times when they really put ridiculous thought and effort into crafting their songs (lalo na if they intended it to be epic like. 6mins upwards)

Albums sounds like ok we got some semi-cool riffs, lets slap on some lyrics, kirk put your signature Black album wah sound on and lets just lengthen the m#therf#cker!

But i agree though...it is a step in the right direction for them. maybe i can find peace when the next album comes along.  :-)

P.S. all of this Metallica hate coming from a guy who actually loved Load when it come out. While everybody else was hating the new sound and the new short hair look, i was busy trying to learn the solo in Bleeding Me.  :-)

Offline smutdrummer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2008, 10:15:06 PM »
when black album came out... it was the clean guitars and drums and vocals na naging batayan ng mga metal albums, sound wise how like Trivium and avengedsevenfold is ripping it. I love trivium with their guitar breaks and twinleads and alablackalbum drum sounds and alahetfield vox. avemgesevenfold is like some gay ironmaiden though, i like it on first 3 or 4 songs but monotony sinks in after afew.

mas trip ko megadeth kaysa metallica, but heck this album just proves that metallica IS metallica. yung sound nila ngayun hindi masyado PROTOOLS polished, more of a live sound. mas lively yung drums and guitar riffs, minsan hindi sabay hehehe and not the usual Verseversebridgechorussoloverse type.

pansin ko lang yung combination ng masterofpuppets meets stanger :) sa  sound ne metallica ngayun.

i like every metallica album but i love all megadeth albums!
rock on.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 10:18:27 PM by smutdrummer »

Offline ironmat

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2008, 12:29:27 AM »
yep. what is up with lyrics like "Love is a four letter word"?! ...seriously, did James freakin Hetfield just sing those words?!... wtf?

yes he did.
 "love is a four letter word but it is not spoken here"
ironmat lives again!

Offline smutdrummer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2008, 01:36:57 AM »
he also sings love on unforgiven2

She loves me not
She loves me still
But she'll never love again

Offline feeldeeznuts85

• Netizen Level
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2008, 05:28:47 PM »
Hi guys, i just downloaded the leaked album sa mininova.org last wednesday kasi di n talaga ako makapaghintay til sept 12, although i will definitely buy the album pag out na din xa since i own all their albums!

hehehe, all i can i say is hindi kayo maddisappoint if you're looking to hear a back-2-old-skul Metallica! My personal favorites are That was just your life, the end of the line, my apocalypse, all nightmare long, suicide & redemption (INSTRUMENTAL TO MGA PRE!!!)...

and the most brutal song on the album THE JUDAS KISS!!! i can listen to this for hours repeatedly sobrang bagsik talga! METALLICA IS TRULY BACK!!! \m/ :evil:

Offline ryan_embryo

• Netizen Level
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2008, 09:46:17 AM »
ako narinig ko na buong album nila but hindi masyado natuwa...solid metallica fan ako pero i wouldnt recommend buying this one.marami silang parts or riffs na nilalagay sa kanta na hindi naman kelangan,nagiging trying hard lang tuloy yung outcome ng songs.medyo hindi rin maganda pagka-mix ng drum tracks,parang raw yung bagsak ng tunog...pati vocal style ni hetfield hindi na rin ok.i miss their classic albums...yun metal tlaga yun!opinion ko lang naman ito,if you like it then good for you :-Dhehe :-Dmetal on :evil:

Offline zasam_4

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2008, 04:26:24 PM »
ok lang para sakin except sa Unforgiven III na di ko talaga gusto.  pero malaking improvement compared sa last 3 albums nila.  still, i wouldn't buy this album.   " :-D

Offline thr3ten

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2008, 09:17:35 PM »
parang namagnet ako ng title at art cover.  i may actually go out and buy this album.  mahirap na mademanda ni lars  :wink:
Pulling Teeth!

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2008, 10:02:51 PM »
Que se joda na hindi 'old metallica' ang tunog, bibili pa rin kami, he he he  :)

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline AthanVai

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2008, 10:12:13 PM »
ako narinig ko na buong album nila but hindi masyado natuwa...solid metallica fan ako pero i wouldnt recommend buying this one.marami silang parts or riffs na nilalagay sa kanta na hindi naman kelangan,nagiging trying hard lang tuloy yung outcome ng songs.medyo hindi rin maganda pagka-mix ng drum tracks,parang raw yung bagsak ng tunog...pati vocal style ni hetfield hindi na rin ok.i miss their classic albums...yun metal tlaga yun!opinion ko lang naman ito,if you like it then good for you :-Dhehe :-Dmetal on :evil:

yun! may kasama pala ko na die hard 'tallica fan na di na typan ang new album.

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2008, 10:56:14 PM »
Listening to the album now (listen now, buy the CD and vinyl later pag available na). I like Trujillo's basslines :) I may sound fanatic pero walang magagawa, si misis talaga ang bigger fan, he he he.

EDIT: Current favorite is All Nightmare Long!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 11:52:44 PM by qroon »

Semper Erectus

Offline feeldeeznuts85

• Netizen Level
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2008, 01:02:20 AM »

dude, like u i had doubts on the first listen pero ngaun im lovin' the whole 75 minutes, trust me it's epic...we really cant expect metallica to be playing as fast as they were back in their 20's, the guys are now in their mid 40s' but to me they still kick the assess of some new bands today when it comes to making thrash classics kahit di na singbilis ng dati..

but if u listen to the new songs like ALL NIGHTMARE LONG, JUDAS KISS and MY APOCALYPSE, they still got that raw power to dish out awesome songs, itong 3 to trust me in time magiging fav sa mga live performances, ung boses ni james iba na nga pero to me bagay na bgay dito sa album nato, it gels well with the heavy sound of the guitars, bass and drums...hehehe, give it a few more listens and i think you might get to like it too..hehe

Offline inverted_hate

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2008, 08:35:09 AM »
in all honesty i liked all the songs i previewed from the album it even got me to order the coffin set despite the mixed reviews...yes i admit it doesn't come close to the kill 'em all's, ride the lightning's,etc,etc...but this didn't stop me to like the songs

Offline smutdrummer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2008, 08:47:51 AM »
im not liking unforgiven3 kahit ilang beses ko na npakinggan hehehe

Cyanide!!!

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2008, 01:17:51 PM »
The Judas Kiss...

"Dogs that are deceitful, pretending to be human
Sweet promises, full of flies and roaches
In ever nook and cranny, he is rotting, to the core
We are sunk, inside a coffin, being buried more"

Ay... Halik Ni Hudas pala yun. :D :D :D
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2008, 04:23:07 PM »
in all honesty i liked all the songs i previewed from the album it even got me to order the coffin set despite the mixed reviews...yes i admit it doesn't come close to the kill 'em all's, ride the lightning's,etc,etc...but this didn't stop me to like the songs   

Hindi ako nakaabot sa box set na yan. :(

Semper Erectus

Offline feeldeeznuts85

• Netizen Level
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2008, 11:29:52 PM »
im not liking unforgiven3 kahit ilang beses ko na npakinggan hehehe

Cyanide!!!

hehehe, although the song sounds pretty good...to me it just doesnt fit togther with the rest of the other songs in the album, kasi lahat nung iba very aggressive and full out thrash! ito mdyo mellow, but still one song you dont like won't ruin the epic that this album's going to be..hehe