hulika

Author Topic: [Help] here's the thing..  (Read 2331 times)

Offline kaloyster

• GOLD MEMBER
  • Board Moderator
[Help] here's the thing..
« on: March 14, 2006, 10:00:16 AM »
I have an RJ strat. here's the thing, pag tinono co sha ng traditionally (dun sa 5th fret tuning), ok sha pag nag chord pattern aco. even if pag tinono co sha sa ax30g ng brother co, ok sha sa chords. PERO pag nagsosolo naco, napansin cong mababa ang tono ng strings #1 & 2 co. why is that? is there a way to tune it right, lets say sa bridge? may dapat ba cong pihitin dun or something? help is needed and thank you.
"Bulakenyo"? Then join Bulacan Music Facebook Group!

Offline Kulas

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 10:09:02 AM »
baka wala sa correct intonation yung guitar mo. try mo ganito, somebody taught me this lang pero i think ok naman. do a 12th fret harmonic on each string, then play the same note on the 12th fret din. dapat pareho lang pitch nya per string. pag mas mataas yung fretted note sa harmonic, atras mo yung bridge saddle towards the back, pag mas mababa yung fretted note sa harmonic, do the opposite naman. gets? do the atras-abante until you get the desired result. pag hindi mo sha talaga ma-intonate, time to bring that to a pro. try mo lang. better if you have a tuner para mas accurate. this process will more or less get your guitar intonated. (tama ba yung term?) hehe or in-tune-ated, hehe.

Offline kaloyster

• GOLD MEMBER
  • Board Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 10:12:46 AM »
how do i do a harmonic? i know, i'm a noob at these stuff.  :?

Offline meashuggahr

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 10:15:45 AM »
mukhang intonation ng! malabo naman siguro fret spacing rj naman e:D
nagpaintonate lng ako last wik. e2 ganda! open, 12th and 24th fret harmonics magkakatono na ngayon!

:shock:

Offline Kulas

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 10:17:24 AM »
you can do a harmonic on the 5th, 7th and 12th fret by touching the string lightly. as in touch lang ah, enought for you to feel the string lang. then pluck that string. iba yunog nyan eh, mas soft and nagsusustain, hehe. try it. sa intonation, yung 12th fret harmonic lang gagamitin mo oks? bale 12th fret harmonic and 12th fret notes. you probably know this already, the 12th fret note is the octave of the open string.

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 10:23:10 AM »
after you do that, pluck the strings by octaves (open and 12, 3 and 15, 5 and 17, etc). pansinin mo kung sharp or flat yung higher octave compared sa lower octave. it took me a bit of practice to notice. that will be your gauge if the harmonic method will work for you or not.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline kaloyster

• GOLD MEMBER
  • Board Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 10:34:25 AM »
prolly memya co pa masusubukan ang suggestions nyo (i'm @ work right now), i'll post later after doing that. thanks for the help guys.

Offline meashuggahr

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 10:44:17 AM »
newb rin ak sushi! nag attempt ak mag intonate using the method mentiond abv with a tuner:)

ok naman sa pandinig ko pero nung pina check ko sa isang experto, pinarinig na maigi sakin at may sinabing exlanation tunkol sa sukat etc....
ayun hindi pala lagi reliable tuner.
pero pag naexacto mudaw yung sukat which explains the logic of having scales. ayun makukuha mo correct intonation.

so sa tingin ko lang. yung method na open/octave harmonic ay yung pag kapa nung tamang sukat for intonation. locating the g spot kung baga:)

kung tama siguro fret spacing saka yung space btween. wala dapat problema
intonation mo.(teorya ko lang )hehe

na pag usapan na ito sa isang thread naging chaotic nga lang:)

anyway ito rin ang bagay na gusstonggusto ko matutunan:)

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 01:31:48 PM »
nagsesurf ka ng net sa work huh?! hehe. ako din nasa work eh..

intonation problem, gamit ka ng tuner, i tono mo ng nakaopen at nakaharmonic sa 12th fret pag hindi magkatono. hala ihanda mo na ang screwdriver mo at mag ikot ikot ka na jan sa bridge.. kung di mo nga kaya.. punta ka sa nag aayos ng intonation..  :lol:
The fretboard is a vast universe.

Offline kaloyster

• GOLD MEMBER
  • Board Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 01:49:58 PM »
Quote from: progressive_pilipinas
nagsesurf ka ng net sa work huh?! hehe. ako din nasa work eh..

intonation problem, gamit ka ng tuner, i tono mo ng nakaopen at nakaharmonic sa 12th fret pag hindi magkatono. hala ihanda mo na ang screwdriver mo at mag ikot ikot ka na jan sa bridge.. kung di mo nga kaya.. punta ka sa nag aayos ng intonation..  :lol:

ok lang petik lang naman aco eh. graphic artist aco so nothing serious.
sa 12th fret lang talaga ang harmonic tuning? hindi ba to pwede sa ibang fret? and basta yung tunog ng harmonic and open magkapareho na, ok na yun? jic, ang pag adjust ba ng bridge ay palayo or palapit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 02:04:26 PM »
ito yung sa fretboard,, magsawa ka..

Tuning by harmonics is quite a popular method used today. However, I recommend you use this method in conjunction with other tuning methods to tune your instrument properly. As discussed in the Tuning Methods Page, no instrument is perfect, so to compensate for any slight instrument defects, a variety of tuning methods should be used. A string may be harmonically in tune, yet the fretted notes will still be out of tune due to the neck irregularities.

Again, a reference note must be used to tune your first string. Either a tuning fork, guitar tuner, keyboard or whatever you consider to be reliable, maybe your ear ?? or if you can sing in perfect pitch, your voice !!

Now that our first string is in tune, play the note B at the 7th fret on the first string, using your 4th finger. Now while the B note is still ringing play the B harmonic, using your first finger at the 5th fret on the 2nd string. Adjust the 2nd string harmonic to match the fretted B note.

Once the second string is in tune, play the note G at the 8th fret on the 2nd string, again using the little finger. While the G note is ringing play the G harmonic, using your first finger at the 5th fret on the 3rd string. Tune the 3rd string harmonic to the fretted G note.

Now play the note D at the 7th fret on the 3rd string, then the D harmonic at the 5th fret on the 4th string. The idea is to hear the fretted note and the harmonic together. While both notes are ringing tune the string that the harmonic is on.

Using the same procedure, play the note A at the 7th fret on the 4th string and the A harmonic at the 5th fret on the 5th string.

Finally, play the E note at the 7th fret on the 5th string and the E harmonic at the 5th fret on the 6th string. Easy isn't it !!

yung gagalawin mo na sa bridge...

pag mas mataas yung fretted note sa harmonic, atras mo yung bridge saddle towards the back, pag mas mababa yung fretted note sa harmonic, do the opposite naman. gets? do the atras-abante until you get the desired result.... compliments to kulas.    

experiment ka pa.. :wink:

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 02:07:44 PM »
btw, the info i posted isnt mine, thats copy-paste from the web. :lol:

Offline kaloyster

• GOLD MEMBER
  • Board Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 02:27:51 PM »
Quote from: progressive_pilipinas
ito yung sa fretboard,, magsawa ka..

salamat ha. :?

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: [Help] here's the thing..
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2007, 07:45:02 PM »
I have an RJ strat. here's the thing, pag tinono co sha ng traditionally (dun sa 5th fret tuning), ok sha pag nag chord pattern aco. even if pag tinono co sha sa ax30g ng brother co, ok sha sa chords. PERO pag nagsosolo naco, napansin cong mababa ang tono ng strings #1 & 2 co. why is that? is there a way to tune it right, lets say sa bridge? may dapat ba cong pihitin dun or something? help is needed and thank you.

eto ba yung binebenta ni son_yohan  :-)