hulika

Author Topic: P Audio IMF HPs 18" 600W  (Read 26669 times)

Offline Jef2

• Forum Fanatic
Re: P Audio IMF HPs 18" 600W
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2010, 02:13:16 PM »
:-D For the DIY guys i have tested the IMF on this ''PROJECT SUB" similar to the RCF 4PRO Series Subs and it works really great!
      The massive bass it produces almost matched my subzeroes.

nice job sir  8-).  kahit pala sa rcf specs pasok din ang imf hp18 aside from some eaw and ev subwoofer models :evil:  it's really about choosing the right component and the proper enclosure type.  the imf hp18 is really bang for the buck!

an inside look of the p-audio imf hp18s.  very simple yet sounds explosive hehehe.

Offline king_james

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2010, 06:25:58 PM »
i think it's on the cone thickness.  hindi kasi kasing kapal ng cone ng imf as compared to the other 3 p-audio 18" models.  a thinner cone means more defined (bass) response like speakers used for musical instruments amps.  and the imf uses ribbed type cones as well kaya better bass reproduction and more durable than flat cones. the imf also has a single spider design unlike the rest.  in my experience a single spider design can move (excurse) faster than a dual spider lay-out.  lastly, my friend from the states mentioned that he remembers that the imf hp18s has been a favorite o.e.m. for some branded lower variant dual18 subs like eaw and ev models.  8-)

Very true  8-) 8-).  My friends who tried the IMFs find that these woofers are not "hard-driven".  As a matter of fact,  most of them still have those popular K10 amps and they find the IMF a good match for the K10 amps :lol: :lol:  For the best "natural" sound output,  I find the IMF HP better than the C18 650 and my DAS 18G. 

Just my two cents harhar.

Offline ohms05

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2010, 10:55:23 AM »
Sir bka pwede pagawa sa iyo nyan kahit 4 lang

Offline TECHEXTREME

• Netizen Level
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2010, 03:26:26 PM »
this speaker intrigues me a lot.  ito yta ang pinakamura sa p.audio 18".  around 6500 only  :-o. my friends keep on telling me that it sounds good and yet it's reasonably cheap.  it has a 4" copper vcoil assembly and steel-stamped frame.  i'll try to ask my friends if we can take a closer look at this model and share some pics here.  :-D

gud pm sir try mo fane colossus 18xb mas malapad tumunog. i pa try ko sau kabit mo sa spkr mo.

Offline stoney73

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2010, 02:06:17 PM »
gud pm sir try mo fane colossus 18xb mas malapad tumunog. i pa try ko sau kabit mo sa spkr mo.

Dude,  tropang FANE din kami for years.  I saw and heard the head-on comparison between the P-Audio IMF HP18 with our Fane Colossus 18xb.  Majority of us agreed that the IMF sounded better in terms of "more natural" bass response.  The Fane has an edge on the lower band frequencies but it's barely noticeable.  Price difference?  You can buy 2 units IMF for the price of 1 unit Colossus.  :evil:
"The wrong piece of gear, at the right price, is STILL the wrong piece of gear".

Offline smarty

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2011, 07:23:30 PM »
magandang araw... parecommend naman ng cabinet best suited for this speakers. if you have plans/links, post na lang pls or send to lim_marta@yahoo.com

maraming salamat

Offline Glennox

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2011, 12:02:35 AM »
magandang araw... parecommend naman ng cabinet best suited for this speakers. if you have plans/links, post na lang pls or send to lim_marta@yahoo.com

maraming salamat

...Bossing pwede naman ang IMF sa mga horn loaded designs kagaya ng scoops, wbins, manifolds at mga bass reflex din...pero mas ok daw talaga ang response ng IMF kung sa dual 18 design cabinets mo ito ikakarga...sumikat ito sa MB Manifolds...,, :wink:

...Kami kasi pang reserve speaker namin ang IMF pero sa ibang subs namin tulad ng DIY na subscoop ito na ang nakakabit...panalo sa price at ganda ng bass...,, :wink:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 12:04:29 AM by Glennox »

Offline Max_C

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2011, 09:48:46 PM »

4" copper voice coil 600w rms with ribbed-type cone.

p6500 with 5% discount for a minimum of 4pcs. not bad  :lol:  

MATAGAL NA PALA MAY TOPIC DITO ANG IMF.  MADAMI NA DIN PALA NAKAGAMIT NG IMF.  SIMPLE BUT TERRIBLE SABI NGA.  HINDI GAANO KALAKASAN PERO ANG BASS NOTES NITO AY PARANG PANG TOP BRANDS.  ANG PINAKA-OK AY MURA PA KAYA SULIT KA DITO MGA BRAD.