hulika

Author Topic: Worship Members with tattoos, your opinions  (Read 26008 times)

Offline p-nut

Re: Worship Members with tattoos, your opinions
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2014, 04:08:40 PM »
What's on the inside will manifest on the outside, but what's on the outside is not automatically manifest on the inside.

Hindi porke madameng tattoo ang isang tao, maaapektuhan nun kung ano sya sa loob. I've known a lot of people has a lot of tattoo pero sobrang mabuting Kristyano. Pero ang mahalaga yung kung ano ang nasa loob mo. Kasi yung ang makikita sa labas. Kung puro ka galit sa loob, puro bitterness, etc., lalabas at lalabas yan sa ugali at pananalita mo, at yun sa tingin ko ang hindi tama. Everything that you do, must glorify God. Hashtag parin..... #WWJD hahahaha

YEAH!!!!!!  :-D

Its better to get to know the person first before we make our own assumptions. Hindi lahat ng may tattoo may masama, mukha nang adik, or makamundo in a sense, may pinanggagalingan ung kung ano sila ngyn sa paningin ng tao. The problem here in our country is that we have so many congregations na nagde-degrade ng tao lalo na pag may kaanib silang ganun. I honestly feel sorry for those brothers/sisters na affected ng ganung actions :(
"When I tried to play something and screwed up, i'd hear some other note that would come into play. Then I started trying different things to find the beauty in it." - Darrell Lance Abbott

Offline irving

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2014, 04:14:35 PM »
Check out Brian "Head" Welch, Jake Luhrs, Caleb Shomo and Mattie Montgomery. Yung unang 3, hindi pnw leaders. Pero yung 4th, Vocalist ng For Today, and worship leader sa church nila. Not just by tattoos or being "metal", pero it's the heart motives that counts. Unawain natin may may kanya-kanyang preferences ang mga tao, pero as Christians, we ought to love one another. Nakakalungkot na hanggang ngayon, meron pa rin palang ayaw sa mga may tats. Though wala ako nun, pero if pupunta kayo samin, kala niyo mga siga yung mga musikero namin. Hehe.

Oldies may be offended. Pero sa younger generation naman, wag tayo magpa-apekto. Madaming umaalis na youth sa churches dahil sa mga ganun, pero dapat ipakita na lang natin sa life natin kung paano tayo minahal ng Diyos, and at the same time, ganun rin natin mamahalin yung iba.  :lol:

Offline iyzburg

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2014, 04:57:07 PM »
Yes, it's sad that Christianity is often branded as legalistic, intolerant, judgmental, etc. Yes, much of the church, its leaders, its members, its reactions, are not bereft of shortcomings.. But to pile up arguments on these shortcomings to support ideas of loosing up standards, of focusing on the 'Loving others' while foregoing the other bulk of the scriptures of the 'Love for God and of His Righteousness/Holiness' (not to mention the His, uhm, wrath)..

I have nothing against tattoos.. I have nothing against loving and accepting others either.. Yes, there may seem a vivid verse in Leviticus forbidding marks on the body, but I won't bring that up as for now to many it's a gray area..

But as someone who profess Christ Jesus as Lord, IMHO and IMPO there has to be a line drawn in all our self-expressions.. Besides, the scriptures show some examples of good and honest intentions that received stinging remark/rebuttal from the Lord.. (Peter was named rebuked 'satan', for one)..

Dan Phillips gives quite a challenging question here (http://teampyro.blogspot.com/2011/07/dating-when-words-and-choices-clash.html
I'm asking what you're saying, what message your choice is communicating.

To whatever degree you're concerned at all about this person's soul, you're trying to tell her/him about Christ, right? You're trying to tell this person that Christ is the One in whom all things hold together (Colossians 1:17), the source and reason for all the universe (Colossians 1:16), the most important celebrity anywhere, ever (Philippians 2:9-11). You want to persuade him that Christ is Lord of all. And you want him/her to believe that Jesus is all these things, and that He is all these things to you.

But you've already told him that Christ isn't all that. You're just haggling over price.

The blog entry is about dating and whatnot (it's a good read, for general christian living stuff too), but the question I quoted above strikes , in my opinion and paraphrase, a challenge to whatever "expression" we choose: Is that action really a manifestation of the truthfulness of your witness, or you just showed you have another King?

Deut 11:13 ...love the LORD your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul...

Offline in_the_tent

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2014, 05:56:58 PM »
Sari sari opinion maririnig sa mga forums like this. Baka debate lang ang kahantungan. Best way is to ask your pastor. Tatay/nanay mo yun, di ka ipapahamak nun. Anu man ang stand niya, magsubmit ka. Di ka sasabit. Honor your father and mother diba? Stay blessed.:)
"The Lord is my Song.."

Offline ron_rd57

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2014, 06:55:22 PM »
"I really disagree with a lot of things that the church does—the Christian church. Just religion in general, I see a lot of things that seem off. I saw firsthand how someone like my dad—maybe he fell, maybe he made some mistakes—but then people from the church would basically say, 'You're going to hell.' And then turn their back on him. To me, God is all about love and mercy and compassion, and I don't see a lot of that today." Jason Wade of Lifehouse told Rolling Stone

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2014, 07:55:25 PM »
"I really disagree with a lot of things that the church does—the Christian church. Just religion in general, I see a lot of things that seem off. I saw firsthand how someone like my dad—maybe he fell, maybe he made some mistakes—but then people from the church would basically say, 'You're going to hell.' And then turn their back on him. To me, God is all about love and mercy and compassion, and I don't see a lot of that today." Jason Wade of Lifehouse told Rolling Stone

^Good stuff..

And regarding the “ask your pastor” from the previous reply...not really my thing...i think the issue of tatoos are. Trivial And too personal question...
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline Kusanagi

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2014, 10:08:48 PM »
I'm not completely against wearing tattoos but I think it's unnecessary, lalo na sa mga church leaders like some of us here who play in worship bands. Lahat nakatingin sa'tin so we must strive to be a good example and avoid to be the cause of stumbling of our brothers and sisters in Christ. I'm not saying na Christians with tattoos = unreal, yes what matters most is the genuineness of your faith pero I think it's much better to take the safe side of not having tattoos since they are usually associated to the "world" at hindi naman lahat ng Kristiyano pantay-pantay ng level ng pag-unawa. Sometimes, the best that we can do is to have courage in forsaking ourselves for the glory of God and for edifying our fellow believers.

Offline inexperience

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2014, 12:10:46 AM »
Hindi ako relihiyoso pero may verses/utos kasi sa bible prohibiting the marking/painting the body. kung itinuro ng leader o preacher yung utos na yun sa mga members, tama lang na mabatikos sya sa pagsaway.
"creeping deeaath"

Offline ron_rd57

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2014, 05:38:20 AM »
yup may nakalagay pero dapat kasi lahat ng bagay chinecheck maiigi dapat nasa context, those verses are in the old testament pertaining to the law of the Jews, hindi naman tayo Jew diba?  Kung susundin natin yun e bakit pa tayo kumakain ng karne ng baboy.
Bawal kumain ng isdang walang kaliskis. Bawal rin magtrabaho pag sabbath day which is saturday sa Jews. at marami pang iba.

As Jesus had said the law is sum up to this "to Love the Lord your God with all your heart and soul, and love your neighbor as yourself."
Dito sa Pinas dahil napakarelihiyoso nitong bansang ito, napansin ko na we treat people with tatoos or body piercing, or having a fashion sense like that as like someone who committed a crime, a murder, or a drug addict.

I'm a guy actually with no tatoos so i'm not justifying myself, but because I used to be a part of music ministry in my former church, I'm not generalizing pero minsan meron nga sobrang ayos ng damit nakapormal pa mas masama pa ugali sa mga taong nakilala kong pumoporma ng may tatoo at mga body piercing. Pero hindi naman lahat  :)

John 7:24 "Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly."

for me, as the worship head in our church, in my honest opinion, i dont care if nagpa-ink ang isa sa member namin if the purpose is to penetrate the next gen..as sir NTM says..wag lang pang porma... and also..depende kung ano pina-tattoo nya.. if it is something satanic or demonic syempre that's a no-no kahit na sabihin pang gusto mag penetrate sa mga satanista hehe

yup tama wag magpatatoo ng ineverted pentagram baka paalisin sa church, :lol:
tama evangelizing is important, pero hindi ba nagiging man pleaser ang isang christian pag ganun?  :?
Why not be true nalang nag pa tatoo kasi pangporma naman talaga,
wala naman masama pumorma dba? Iba iba ang tao, iba iba ang fashion sense  :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 05:53:11 AM by ron_rd57 »

Offline ron_rd57

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2014, 05:44:29 AM »
^Good stuff..

And regarding the “ask your pastor” from the previous reply...not really my thing...i think the issue of tatoos are. Trivial And too personal question...

Tama! kung lalapit sa Pastor para itanung yan bagay na ganun, pwede naman kaso, most of the time opinionated na rin ang payo ng iba, why not ask God? He will guide everyone willing enough to find it in His scripture,
and why not go for it? Walang mararating sa buhay ang isang taong iniisip kung ano ang sasabihin ng ibang tao,
do what you want, as long as no one will be violated or hurt in your everyday decisions in life.

wala naman mapapahamak diba kung magpapatatoo ka, its a minor thing, minor issue lang sa Bible  :)

Offline inexperience

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2014, 11:28:54 AM »
yup may nakalagay pero dapat kasi lahat ng bagay chinecheck maiigi dapat nasa context, those verses are in the old testament pertaining to the law of the Jews, hindi naman tayo Jew diba?  Kung susundin natin yun e bakit pa tayo kumakain ng karne ng baboy.
Bawal kumain ng isdang walang kaliskis. Bawal rin magtrabaho pag sabbath day which is saturday sa Jews. at marami pang iba.

Hindi bat ang bibliya ay isinulat para sa tao? tao tayo, kung yun ay para sa mga hudyo lamang dapat naka specify sya na para sa mga hudyo lamang. At sa pagkakaalam ko may mga pagkaing nilinis na kung tinanggap ng may pasasalamat including pigs etc etc except blood, i'll post it pag nahanap ko.
"creeping deeaath"

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2014, 12:15:38 PM »
Hindi bat ang bibliya ay isinulat para sa tao? tao tayo, kung yun ay para sa mga hudyo lamang dapat naka specify sya na para sa mga hudyo lamang. At sa pagkakaalam ko may mga pagkaing nilinis na kung tinanggap ng may pasasalamat including pigs etc etc except blood, i'll post it pag nahanap ko.

Actually, the Torah, from which the Old Testament comes, was written for the believers of the God of Abraham, ergo, the Jews, not for the Gentiles (by definition: not Jewish), who believed in false gods. In short, the OT is just for Jews, because it is the holy scripture of their religion, and not anyone else's.

The New Testament, on the other hand, is composed of the Acts of the Apostles, and the letters of the Apostles to the Gentiles. This is the portion of the Bible that was written "for the people" as this started the catholicism (by definition: all-embracing, universal) of Christianity. This is also the more liberal portion of the Bible, where the teachings of Jesus realign Jewish laws into the spirit and practicality of the law, in order to focus people's religious acts into love, grace, and mercy.
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline chipsdelight

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2014, 12:42:24 PM »
it really doesnt matter... I dont know why this has to be an issue...

I say go for it., if it makes you happy..and fulfilled..
+1

Tattoo is an art, way of expressing. Hindi siya way para maging astig o kaya reason para husgahan ng mga tao sa simbahan na kinabibilangan nya. Kasi kawawa naman yung believer na may tattoo, meaning hindi sila katanggap tanggap sa paningin ng mga kasamahan nilang believer. Dahil lang may tattoo xa, mararamdaman na niya na ma discriminate, really unfair.

Pero siguro, kung mga oldies yung sumisita, wag na lang masyadong dibdibin. Kasi we all know na sa generation nila, iilan pa lang ang may ganun noon kaya siguro hindi sila open minded.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 12:46:27 PM by chipsdelight »

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2014, 12:50:24 PM »
hahaba to pramis.
I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2014, 12:56:15 PM »
if, you need to consult somebody, elders or pastors,  etc...

it simply means..

youre not ready to get INKED yet..

tattoos are special things..personal..spiritual things. you are connected with your tattoo.... (at least for me)...and if your doubting..worried...thinking of what others will say...or it might drag you down, keep opportunities away from you...

better not... its 100% GOOD TO GO or forget it...

« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 01:01:08 PM by gandydancer123 »
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline inexperience

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2014, 01:03:36 PM »
I'd believe it kung may verse na ginamit, otherwise opinion lang yun. Nasa OT ang wag papatay, kung para sa Jews lang yun ibig ba sabihin pwede ne tatong pumatay?
"creeping deeaath"

Offline ron_rd57

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2014, 01:24:33 PM »
I'd believe it kung may verse na ginamit, otherwise opinion lang yun. Nasa OT ang wag papatay, kung para sa Jews lang yun ibig ba sabihin pwede ne tatong pumatay?

like sonicassualt have said the ot is for the Jews, actually ung book of Leviticus lang un to be exact I think,
because at early ages God has chosen the nation Israel,
ung law na un is for their nation and their religion called Judaism,
we also have a law where you cannot murder someone and that is the human rights law..
yung 10 commandments dapat talaga sundin, kasi if you will read the context sa book of Exodus,
it starts with I am the Lord Your God, so that means that the 10 commandments is for everyone He created,
everyone who acknowledges Him as their God and King..so its for everyone...

As Paul have said sa mga letter nya sa mga Gentiles,
he rebuked the Gentiles for their ignorance of trying to be justified by the law.
Because sa law and religion ng Jew they need to do annual sacrifices, for their sins,
sacrificing animals,
pero ung blood na un hindi sapat that's the reason why Christ came,
His blood for our salvation, and to bring His kingdom back to man..
 :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 01:31:51 PM by ron_rd57 »

Offline inexperience

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2014, 01:34:15 PM »
like sonicassualt have said the ot is for the Jews, actually ung book of leviticus lang un to be exact,
because at early ages God has chosen the nation Israel,
ung law na un is for their nation and their religion called Judaism,
we also have a law where you cannot murder someone and that is the human rights law..

As Paul have said sa mga letter nya sa mga Gentiles,
he rebuked the Gentiles for their ignorance of trying to be justified by the law.
Because sa law and religion ng Jew they need to do annual sacrifices, for their sins,
sacrificing animals,
pero ung blood na un hindi sapat that's the reason why Christ came,
His blood for our salvation, and to bring His kingdom back to man..

sige sige i'll find the exact words/verses specifying the ot is for the jews only. oh yes i know merong human rights law, but were talking what was written in the bible, lets not refer to other book/s.
"creeping deeaath"

Offline ron_rd57

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2014, 01:37:29 PM »
I don't mean to argue sir,  :) just I have said, The ten commanments which is found in Exodus is for everyone Jews and Gentiles  :)
 the book of Leviticus is for the Jews based on context rin ngstart siya..
“Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them...” Leviticus 1:2

ung about the issue of tatoo nasa book of leviticus un, pati na rin pgkain ng baboy, at kung ano ano pa..
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 01:40:23 PM by ron_rd57 »

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2014, 01:39:00 PM »
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2014, 01:41:09 PM »
further reading..

http://christianteens.about.com/od/advice/f/tattoo.htm

As a Christian, Should I Have a Tattoo?

As a Christian, decisions need to be made with your eyes on God. So, if you do choose to get a tattoo, remember that, while man looks at the outside appearance, God looks at the heart.
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline ron_rd57

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2014, 01:57:07 PM »
further reading..

http://christianteens.about.com/od/advice/f/tattoo.htm

As a Christian, Should I Have a Tattoo?

As a Christian, decisions need to be made with your eyes on God. So, if you do choose to get a tattoo, remember that, while man looks at the outside appearance, God looks at the heart.

yup tama.
@ts just follow your conviction, iguiguide ka naman ni Lord
kung tingin ng ibang tao na masama, pero for you ok lang naman,
go for it, it doesn't matter what other people will say,
kasi having your life run and controlled by other people, is just so wrong.
like minor issues like that when it comes to fashion sense,
and some church leaders nga or co church mate pinapakiilamanan na ang personal life decisions ng ibang tao.
learn to set boundaries in your life..
We are created to dominate the Earth, Genesis 1:28
and not to dominate fellow human being..
so in the end what matters is relationship parin kay Lord and not what religious institutions minor issues that they prohibited you to do..

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2014, 01:59:29 PM »

yup tama.
@ts just follow your conviction, iguiguide ka naman ni Lord
kung tingin ng ibang tao na masama, pero for you ok lang naman,
go for it, it doesn't matter what other people will say,
kasi having your life run and controlled by other people, is just so wrong.
like minor issues like that when it comes to fashion sense,
and some church leaders nga or co church mate pinapakiilamanan na ang personal life decisions ng ibang tao.
learn to set boundaries in your life..
We are created to dominate the Earth, Genesis 1:28
and not to dominate fellow human being..
so in the end what matters is relationship parin kay Lord and not what religious institutions minor issues that they prohibited you to do..

mismo to!  :)
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline inexperience

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2014, 02:15:18 PM »
I don't mean to argue sir,  :) just I have said, The ten commanments which is found in Exodus is for everyone Jews and Gentiles  :)
 the book of Leviticus is for the Jews based on context rin ngstart siya..
“Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them...” Leviticus 1:2

ung about the issue of tatoo nasa book of leviticus un, pati na rin pgkain ng baboy, at kung ano ano pa..

Ahehe so the ot and some parts of it is not just for the Jews then? as for the tattoos, someone explained it to me kung bakit bawal sya eh, di ko na matandaan, i have to ask that guy again and i'll share it, pasensya na nangengealam ako, kasi if im going religious, diba mas ok yung nakasulat talaga at hindi opinyon lang.
"creeping deeaath"

Offline ron_rd57

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2014, 02:50:27 PM »
Ahehe so the ot and some parts of it is not just for the Jews then? as for the tattoos, someone explained it to me kung bakit bawal sya eh, di ko na matandaan, i have to ask that guy again and i'll share it, pasensya na nangengealam ako, kasi if im going religious, diba mas ok yung nakasulat talaga at hindi opinyon lang.

yup, the Leviticus is for the Jews based on context, don't know though what are some of the books sa o.t na directed for the Jews, Leviticus pa lng ang nacheck ko..

hehe ok lang naman magshare ng opinion, :)
yup dapat talaga nakasulat, pero dami kasing religious people, na gumagamit ng scripture without checking first the context of that passage e...