hulika

Author Topic: Congrats to THE PURPLECHICKENS for releasing their 2nd CD, "GIRLS, ET CETERA"  (Read 4547 times)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Great album folks!  Very uncompromising album from very talented musicians.  Our very own forumite, titser_marco plays guitar for them. 

Personally my favorites are "Patihulog", "Lagnat", "Anumang Oras Ay Hindi Mahalaga" and "Girl Of Frost".  Lots of screaming Plexi and pedal guitar tones.  Brilliant arrangements. And one last thing... dynamics were preserved in the mastering.

Congrats to Aldus, Mikey, Mayo, Marco, Zig, and to the studio engineers for the album, Shinji who tracked some drums and Joey who mixed the tracks, and Zach for the Mastering. 

:mrgreen:

« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 12:24:01 PM by skunkyfunk »

Offline otistikako

I hope to hear the idiosyncratic tracks ala Radiohead on this, just like what they did on Here's Plan B. And those poetic and quirky lyrics by Aldus...Sana indelible sa bagong album.
All these accidents,
That happen,
Follow the dot, Coincidence, Makes sense, Only with you, You don't have to speak, I feel.

Offline edzpen

nice..2nd album na pala..di ko nga napitik yung first album nila, but i saw these guys live at U.P. several years back. Sana maging available sa indie section ng tower records ang latest nila.

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Thanks for the support, guys! And kudos to Dodjie Garcia, Joe Hernandez (Sugar Mountain Audio), Shinji Tanaka and Zach Lucero for such a great job. We deeply appreciate the effort and hard work you've put to help us get the music on the meidum correctly.

For more Manox stuff, please check our multiply site:

If you are interested in getting a copy of Girls, Et Cetera, feel free to PM me or contact me through these:

YM: marcoharder@yahoo.com
Mobile: +63 905 220 5079

Thanks a lot!
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline parakeet

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Salamat, skunkyfunk!

Salamat, guys; yep, contact titser_marco or go to our gigs to get a copy of the CD. We can arrange meet-ups if you find gigs generally constricting and stuff. So far this kind of arrangement has been the most beneficial to all concerned hehe.

Glad you liked Here's Plan B; we're much prouder of this one though.:) "Idiosyncratic" remains to be settled by you and only you.:)

Have a great day!

- Aldus

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Girls, Et Cetera places third in Cris Ramos' Top 15 albums of 2007! Check it out here:

Offline mawts_gwaps

congrats guys!

and remember..

mikey = felix bakat  :lol:
"OUIDO", hindi "WIDOW"

Offline deathbystroke

• Veteran Member
<3 high fidelity

Offline edzpen

Just got the cd today. Thanks to titser_marco for taking the time to meet me up to hand my copy of the cd.

Listening to it right now. Music is very out of the box, and definitely these guys are offering something new on the rock and roll buffet.

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Just got the cd today. Thanks to titser_marco for taking the time to meet me up to hand my copy of the cd.

Listening to it right now. Music is very out of the box, and definitely these guys are offering something new on the rock and roll buffet.

Thanks, Edmund. We deeply appreciate these efforts of people who like our music to get in touch with us so that they can get copies of the record. In return, we always make it a point to personally hand the CDs to these people as a polite gesture, and well, simply because we'd like to know these guys personally.

At the moment,we're trying to get the CD out in outlets so that it would be easier for you guys to get the CD. In the meantime, please feel free to PM me iof you'd like to buy a copy of the CD.

Again, thank you very much.

More of love to everyone,
Marco Harder

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Update:

A review of "Girls, Et Cetera" can be found on March 2008's PULP magazine. Grab a copy now! (Oh, and get the CD too.) :)

Offline zig

• Philmusicus Noobitus
haha meron pala nito.

dodjie, thanks. great work on the album. please buy the album, folks. it'll be available in selected odyssey stores soon!  :lol:

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus

The Purplechickens’ sophomore record, Girls, Et Cetera, which so far has been getting praises and things of the sort, is now available at select Odyssey branches—basically the malls you and I all go to.

Grab a copy at the following Odyssey stores:

SM Megamall [Mandaluyong]

SM Mall of Asia [Pasay]

SM Southmall [Las Piñas]

SM Bacoor [Cavite]

SM Manila [Manila City Hall]

SM Pampanga [San Fernando]

Festival Mall [Alabang]

Sta. Lucia [Marcos Highway]

Robinson's Ermita [Malate]

Gateway [Cubao]

The album is still available at Mag:Net Katipunan [across Miriam College] and Bound Bookshop [Scout Castor corner Tomas Morato]. Of course, the boys would also love to hear from you personally. Any one of them—if time and circumstance permit—can meet you for a copy [Aldus in Quezon City or Makati, Zig in Quezon City or Ortigas, Mikey in the Katipunan area or Jupiter-slash-Burgos, and Marco in Alabang]. Gigs, naturally, are the best option. We bring copies, you buy those off us, and you get to see us in the flesh [yeah, yeah, that’s nothing really].

Thanks, guys. See you!   

-- The Purplechickens

Offline juan sinko

• Philmusicus Addictus
hehehehehe th mighty marco has a cd hehehe
isang matinding UP ito para sa album hehe try ko mapakingan to hehehe

The Purplechickens’ sophomore record, Girls, Et Cetera, which so far has been getting praises and things of the sort, is now available at select Odyssey branches—basically the malls you and I all go to.

Grab a copy at the following Odyssey stores:

SM Megamall [Mandaluyong]

SM Mall of Asia [Pasay]

SM Southmall [Las Piñas]

SM Bacoor [Cavite]

SM Manila [Manila City Hall]

SM Pampanga [San Fernando]

Festival Mall [Alabang]

Sta. Lucia [Marcos Highway]

Robinson's Ermita [Malate]

Gateway [Cubao]

The album is still available at Mag:Net Katipunan [across Miriam College] and Bound Bookshop [Scout Castor corner Tomas Morato]. Of course, the boys would also love to hear from you personally. Any one of them—if time and circumstance permit—can meet you for a copy [Aldus in Quezon City or Makati, Zig in Quezon City or Ortigas, Mikey in the Katipunan area or Jupiter-slash-Burgos, and Marco in Alabang]. Gigs, naturally, are the best option. We bring copies, you buy those off us, and you get to see us in the flesh [yeah, yeah, that’s nothing really].

Thanks, guys. See you!   

-- The Purplechickens
JUAN SINKO UPPERS CLUB<br />MoDUS ExPERIMENTUS ako <br />Upping is not a crime

Offline scofield

• Forum Fanatic
hells yeah! great band!!! :-D Sad bastard music!!! :-D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 10:10:42 PM by scofield »

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Hahahah!

Offline panterica

• Board Moderator
hey marco, congrats bro! finally, good music!
I know you would say that at for the record di mo ako kilala ROOKIEBOY. Tinawag kitang rookie at di lahat, IKAW LANG GET IT. Hanggang dyan ka na lang....puro cheap shots - Pallas

"Good artists copy, great artists steal"

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Salamat, salamat!

blunkle

galing ng album na to mga sir!l

yrics, guitar work, drums bass, whew!what more can i say? :-D panalo!