hulika

Author Topic: RJ Guitars  (Read 13751 times)

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: RJ Guitars
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2018, 10:58:15 AM »
hehe, ill pass on RJ stuff...resell value is low, difficult to sell off afterwards.. financial stand point.. medyo mulat na ako kahit paano how the guitar game works... better place money on items that holds their value well overtime.

Im also curious with the bacchus collaboration... though I hear that according to freetrade zone agreement on which the factory is in... bawal magbenta ng products locally..kaya puro exports lang dapat output nila.

Saw their professional series in person, typical OEM from shandong or indonesia... hyped up a bit with some FB marketing with cool pics.. the silk screening of the RJ logos are pretty cheapo looking..

especially at the truss rod cover...the rj masturbating man logo had shadowing (similar to spray painting)..its obviously rebadged stuff..I hear from harley benton...probably same factory...

they also had a FB boo boo..by posting a hastily made ad of their model vs the ESP one..but was done so terribly and bad Photoshop.

seriously, I dont mind the OEM and rebadging and all.. its a guitar business after all..they need to earn money... and I dont really care much any more for all that 90s pinoy pride battle cry RJ guitars are primaraly known for.

I suggest just fix their logo and branding and it will be all good... kids today are quite informed and discerning and they have access to lots of guitars and products here and abroad.. for sure to them RJ stuff is simply their version of RAON/STA MESA shops in a MALL.

I think there some Philmusic members who did their adver/marketing thesis on the RJ brand..theres a thread here..interesting to check it out
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 11:12:14 AM by gandydancer123 »
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2018, 11:02:29 AM »
Fast forward to 2018 and I don't own a single RJ guitar. Sold every single RJ I got my hands on.

:) grabe 2005 thread wow... good old days
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2018, 11:16:28 AM »
I saw the RJ premium models in Markcasq's FB Post. that wanking logo is still there </3 but the guitar do look promising. :)
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2018, 11:22:04 AM »
I saw the RJ premium models in Markcasq's FB Post. that wanking logo is still there </3 but the guitar do look promising. :)

yeah , mark said it was from the dasma plant, this I like to see and try as well... their pro series that they recently released, meh typical OEM stuff.
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2018, 06:37:07 PM »
Low resale value ? That's actually a boon if you buy second hand hahehehe.

I have 3 in the armory. Never letting go. My sweat dripped on those to make them better. They could use some work right out of the store (like proper fretwork and setup) but once done, they will serve you faithfully for years and in some instances will kick the ass off expensive, branded guitars.

Di ba Marco, your bassist at the purple chickens during the Hazy nights days was using an RJ Musicman bass ?
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2018, 06:46:02 PM »

I have 3 in the armory. Never letting go. My sweat dripped on those to make them better. They could use some work right out of the store (like proper fretwork and setup) but once done, they will serve you faithfully for years and in some instances will kick the ass off expensive, branded guitars.

Di ba Marco, your bassist at the purple chickens during the Hazy nights days was using an RJ Musicman bass ?

I think so!
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2018, 12:18:41 AM »

But thats like saying the RJ greats only beats the dogs of the expensive branded guitars... heh heh.  Eh paano na kung magandang tunog na expensive branded guitar?  Ang layo sa pinaka manganda ng RJ.  Just putting things into context.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2018, 12:20:02 AM »

Yeah I also started buying seconds --pero Golden Age Vintage na Gibsons.  Bwa hah hah.  And some other nondesirable seconds na MADE IN THE USA.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2018, 04:01:32 PM »
But thats like saying the RJ greats only beats the dogs of the expensive branded guitars... heh heh.  Eh paano na kung magandang tunog na expensive branded guitar?  Ang layo sa pinaka manganda ng RJ.  Just putting things into context.

That's why I said "In some instances".
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2018, 04:25:56 PM »
That's why I said "In some instances".

I agree with you on that naman.

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2018, 04:40:58 PM »
Yung post ng "LYRIC" throwing shades at RJ rebadging their reject ltd's.
PM Transaction References: Rmansh/Miong_Magno/Pentagram_x/Julandmic09/Vanhatred/Liway77/cyrus2477/jracz_28/ichigo02/
thenameisjm/teddy_munoz/Xelly/haha/ekoy08/kalel_23/sensei_24/lucky/drahcirnna24/r_chino/ilikecarrots

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2018, 09:59:24 AM »
buy rj only sa birthday sale..yun lang best deal..period. :lol:
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline Screamous

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2018, 11:48:18 AM »
checked their website,

andun yung 5 guitars in 1, yung RJ Super Vintage,

may nka try nba?
Masters are once an apprentice

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2018, 12:04:40 PM »
checked their website,

andun yung 5 guitars in 1, yung RJ Super Vintage,

may nka try nba?

hanapin mo si 24242009 dito, meron sya nyan

or check mo si Chris Padilla ng Hilera, parang ganun gamit nya sa Oktaves
Kahit na nasasaktan, Hindi pa rin mahindian

Offline Alfie1975

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2018, 01:11:07 AM »
Passed by the other day sa RJ Guitars in Glorietta, they are offering custom shop guitars again. I asked them kung saan ang factory, sa Cavite daw. Didn't ask any more questions hehe.

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2018, 12:04:22 PM »
Same factory as the PH made Bacchus units if I am not mistaken
Passed by the other day sa RJ Guitars in Glorietta, they are offering custom shop guitars again. I asked them kung saan ang factory, sa Cavite daw. Didn't ask any more questions hehe.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline david_leyson

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2018, 03:21:36 PM »
Saw earlier the high end RJ Acoustic Guitar with whopping 29k price, yung isa parang 32k pa ata, my goodness, i'd rather save a little more and wait for a used Takamine or Taylor
Faith Hope and Love, but the Greatest of these is Love.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2018, 05:05:08 PM »
Saw earlier the high end RJ Acoustic Guitar with whopping 29k price, yung isa parang 32k pa ata, my goodness, i'd rather save a little more and wait for a used Takamine or Taylor

at 29k mas mahal pa sa takamine yan hahahaha
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2018, 10:26:15 AM »
bili ng RJ...

at least original  :-D
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline chupao

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2018, 03:41:22 PM »
don't really cared if RJ is the brand, I would love to promote those guitars and I grew up playing with them even had a telly before 2007 version. But of course you can bring it to someone who can set the guitar up and it will do just fine. Always have a secondary guitar that has a greater value.

Offline j.escueta

« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2018, 05:19:10 PM »
Yung rj na binili ko nung 90s. Plywood pala. Tsk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline david_leyson

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2018, 09:11:44 AM »
Yung rj na binili ko nung 90s. Plywood pala. Tsk.

old models? seems similar to the old-school-pancake-method of body construction, meron ako nakadaupang-palad na 70s na RJ strat-type guitar, ganda ng sustain pero sobrang bigat nga lang, at wala sa gitna ang truss rod, kitang-kita agad eh, lamang sa side ng 4th string
Faith Hope and Love, but the Greatest of these is Love.

Offline j.escueta

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2018, 03:41:08 PM »
Bought this between 89-91. Dont remember sa tagal. From their galleria branch

old models? seems similar to the old-school-pancake-method of body construction, meron ako nakadaupang-palad na 70s na RJ strat-type guitar, ganda ng sustain pero sobrang bigat nga lang, at wala sa gitna ang truss rod, kitang-kita agad eh, lamang sa side ng 4th string

Offline techbp

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2018, 07:21:11 PM »

Never owned. At wala din ako balak bumili. Hahaha! Pero pag nag SALE sila 50% all talagang pinipilaan.

2006 na thread! hahaha grabe buhay parin! Parang kareregister ko lang nung 2006.

Offline joel_marcelo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2018, 10:11:08 PM »
May nabasa ako na post sa Facebook group. Pumasok daw sya sa RJ sa SM north para magtry ng acoustic. Sabi daw ng salesman "Wag kayong bibili ng acoustic dito. Tunog kahon mga acoustic namin!" Hahahahahhaha

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk