hulika

Author Topic: weird defect  (Read 1753 times)

Offline w15

weird defect
« on: May 29, 2007, 06:33:09 PM »
Mga sir, here's my problem  :? Sometimes when I play, the volume of my guitar GRADUALLY decreases and increases.  Minsan lang sya mangyari, di ko tuloy mahanap kung saan yung defect (amp, guitar, cables or effects).  Has anyone encountered this? :) hope you could shed some light :)
when your deepest thoughts are broken, keep on dreamin boy cause
when you stop dreamin its time to die. - Shannon Hoon

Offline andrew_O_O

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: weird defect
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 06:38:55 PM »
hmmm if ur pedals run on batteries it may be low batt...

Offline acousticky14

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 06:43:51 PM »
Mga sir, here's my problem  :? Sometimes when I play, the volume of my guitar GRADUALLY decreases and increases.  Minsan lang sya mangyari, di ko tuloy mahanap kung saan yung defect (amp, guitar, cables or effects).  Has anyone encountered this? :) hope you could shed some light :)

u should try checking kung ano ba ung may defect try using another cable for example or another amp  para malaman mo..  :wink: :-D

Offline w15

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 06:45:57 PM »
I forgot to add sir :) im using a PS.  But I encountered the problem before I started using the power supply :) Thanks sir andrew_0_0

Offline w15

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 06:47:02 PM »

u should try checking kung ano ba ung may defect try using another cable for example or another amp  para malaman mo..  :wink: :-D

Ok sir thanks :)

Offline soryano

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 07:00:43 PM »
I encountered this before. In my case, it was because of one bad cable I used. Try changing cables. But try your new cables on a different amp first. If there is still problem with the volume, the amp may need repair.

Offline akosimic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 07:01:46 PM »
what guitar is that? you know, you might be actually hitting the volume knob in the process and you just dont know it. hehe no wonder paul gilbert moved his volume pot away.

Offline gjuanengo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 07:02:15 PM »
are you using digital effects?

if so, theres your culprit
Get Wylde.

Offline spilledmilk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 08:25:39 PM »
resoldering lang yan
Gibson SG Standard Silverburst
Siochi Custom Lead GT 50 Watt Head
Matching 2x12 Cab with Vintage 30s

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 08:31:36 PM »
hmmm if ur pedals run on batteries it may be low batt...

if the pedals are the cause, then only the effect will be altered.

Offline w15

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 07:57:50 AM »
what guitar is that? you know, you might be actually hitting the volume knob in the process and you just dont know it. hehe no wonder paul gilbert moved his volume pot away.
Thanks sir, but that probably was not the problem :) made sure I wasnt touching the knobs or the p-up switch but still the volume changes :)

I encountered this before. In my case, it was because of one bad cable I used. Try changing cables. But try your new cables on a different amp first. If there is still problem with the volume, the amp may need repair.
ok sir try ko to :)  Unfortunately, i dont have an extra amp... :)

are you using digital effects?

Thanks mga sir.. try your suggestions one at a time.. hopefully i'll find out the defect soon.  The first time i encountered the problem i thought some spirit was playing tricks on me, sobrang gradual kasi ng paglakas at paghina ng volume.

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 08:47:00 AM »
Nasubukan mo na ba yung gitara mo sa ibang amp?