hulika

Author Topic: boy bands and boy egos!  (Read 5691 times)

Offline Grace

• Philmusicus Noobitus
boy bands and boy egos!
« on: December 20, 2000, 09:22:48 AM »
It seems that every guy I talk to around here seem to not like the boy bands (backstreet, 'nsync, 98 degrees, etc.) because of their 'gay' or 'pretty boy' looks, why is that?  I mean...you really should follow in their footsteps, 'cause that's who a lot of girls are going for.  Tell me about your thoughts about this subject.

Offline kaiotik

sariling buhay
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2000, 01:09:25 PM »
Originally posted by Grace
you really should follow in their footsteps, 'cause that's who a lot of girls are going for.

I do my "<i>thing</i>" not for the the girls or others but for myself.

Anyway, bakit ko sila gagayahin kung trend-look ngayon ay  kapareha nila.  That's their style!

<font size="+1">Boy Bands??!</font> personally i don't like them, but I listen to thier music, not often though.

Peace.

Offline chame

• Philmusicus Noobitus
boy bands and boy egos!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2000, 08:53:10 PM »
grace, not a lot of girls would go for them... well, n'sync's ok, but i'd agree with kaiotik - i personally would prefer a guy that speaks for himself and have his own identity for one!

Offline Grace

• Philmusicus Noobitus
boy bands and boy egos!
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2000, 11:13:56 AM »
I didn't mean to imply that ALL girls liked the boy bands, but a lot of girls do...
all i really want to know is why guys go through the trouble of dissing them?

...kaiotik, that's cool that you can admit that you listen to boybands, not a lot of guys would... at least not around here....

...chame, i agree that i'd want a boyfriend who was an individual...my exboyfriend (we broke up tonight) hates the boybands but i still liked him anyways... but i have to admit that there are a lot of qualities in the guys in boybands that i wouldn't mind having in a boyfriend...

[Edited by Grace on 12-21-2000 at 10:20 AM]

Offline chame

• Philmusicus Noobitus
boy bands and boy egos!
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2000, 05:13:37 PM »
i wouldn't mind too... =)

Offline Kilsmudge

• Veteran Member
boy bands and boy egos!
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2000, 04:31:53 PM »
There must be tons of reasons why guys hate boybands....One of them would be because of jealousy I guess. I dont like boy bands because they get more girls than I do. HAHA seriously, it frustrates me every once in a while. But thats just me and i'm full of useless drivel anyway. Another one would be because BoyBand music is all a pile of [gooey brown stuff], sorry to their avid followers but i am entitled to this..  They just keep sampling music, Heck I dont even like Puff Daddy now after what he did to that Led Zep song. And he's not even one of those bubble gum pop groups. When people think that "Kashmir" is by Puff Daddy instead of Led Zeppelin...then there's seriously something wrong there. HAHA

peace to all you boy band fans...I got nothing against y'all. I really wish though that Backstreet boys and the likes just get shipped to Mars...HEHE

XKilsmudgeX
Mother is the name of God in the lips of all children.....

Offline chame

• Philmusicus Noobitus
boy bands and boy egos!
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2000, 01:00:41 AM »
gratifying answer kilsmudge

Offline RedBaron

• Philmusicus Noobitus
boy bands and boy egos!
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2000, 04:32:54 AM »
Quote from: Kilsmudge
peace to all you boy band fans...I got nothing against y'all. I really wish though that Backstreet boys and the likes just get shipped to Mars...HEHE

I don't really care for Boy Bands. Bleeech.

I dig girl bands though... All Saints, va va voom....

Offline Kilsmudge

• Veteran Member
boy bands and boy egos!
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2000, 12:15:41 AM »
hmmm

yeah maybe girl bands are alright...All Saints, Destiny's child. ALthough I wouldnt buy their record, I dont mind hearing their music on the radio first thing when I turn it on.  Lets just say I wouldnt change the station right away hehee.  BOY BANDS forget it, they suck.

XKilsmudgeX
Mother is the name of God in the lips of all children.....

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
Re: boy bands and boy egos!
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 10:30:10 PM »
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!! eto pa!!!

halukay ube na to.  :-D
Ows? Di nga?

Offline MikEh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 11:09:50 PM »
HAHAHHHAHAHA!!! anak ng... 8 years nang patay to ah! asan na kaya yung mga posters neto dati? hmmm?

sa totoo lang, meron akong mga BSB songs sa playlist ko. ewan ko ba kung bakit ko sila biglang nagustuhan...

Offline Fenris

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 11:12:34 PM »
1. they all look the same to me, you can interchange the members and they will still look the same

2. they all sound the same to me, you can interchange the members and they will still sound the same

3. they all sing the same, each and every member has the same vocal range

4. most of their songs are obviously made just to sell, nothing new, nothing extraordinary from the rest of the tracks

5. they dont play instruments. (personal bias I know)

6. as far as ive heard they dont even write their own songs, every thing is prepared and they just sing (horribly).

7. they are engineered from top to bottom to sell to "pichapies" and young girls who dont know real music

few execeptions like, Boyz to Men which i think is very talented

Trying to make everyone conform is a sure-fire way to lose some very talented people<br /><br />MoDUS ExPERIMENTUS ako

Offline powerchord41

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 02:45:17 AM »
i think boybands are just being manipulated by record companies or producers and they try to dress them up like dolls para pede nila gawing cash cow...  they just make this trend para mahatak nila yung target audience nila...

there's no point at following their footsteps... any guy can get the girl of their dreams if they play their cards right... and by following the footsteps of boybands will not help them what-so-ever...

ayos!

Offline MikEh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 12:25:25 AM »
am i the only one who thinks boybands are funny? hahhaha. lahat ng kilala ko, except maybe a handful, laging "yuck kadiri" ang reaction nila.

i laugh in amusement everytime i hear their songs, i really don't know why...

Offline chromeknive

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 02:25:24 AM »
Boybands are fake, plastic robots designed to steal young, naive and gullible girls' lunch money.

They don't write their own songs and are manufactured in assembly lines.

Boybands are guilty pleasures at best. I at most, appreciate the songwriter's and producer's talents. The boybands themselves are nothing more than singing and dancing monkeys.

There's a lot of bad music in the world. But bad AND fake at the same time? Horrible.

Yes, threadstarter, I just called you all those things.

Offline aria

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2008, 03:44:14 PM »
there are a lot of boys my age who love boybands, maybe because we grew up in a boyband era
anyway, the swedes who write the songs for these boygroups are actually physically (and mentally) hotter

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2008, 09:59:34 AM »
Boybands are fake, plastic robots designed to steal young, naive and gullible girls' lunch money.

They don't write their own songs and are manufactured in assembly lines.

Boybands are guilty pleasures at best. I at most, appreciate the songwriter's and producer's talents. The boybands themselves are nothing more than singing and dancing monkeys.

There's a lot of bad music in the world. But bad AND fake at the same time? Horrible.

Yes, threadstarter, I just called you all those things.

nice post, sir...though i believe the TS hasn't logged on to PM for the past 7+ years...  :lol:

there are a lot of boys my age who love boybands, maybe because we grew up in a boyband era
anyway, the swedes who write the songs for these boygroups are actually physically (and mentally) hotter

argh.  the boyband/girlband era.  IMHO the most unbearable musical era in my nearly 3 decades on earth.  designed to look good for MTV, never mind if they don't actually play instruments but rather sing (???) or dance for the cameras.

buti na lang may LA 105.9 (in its dying days as a rock-oriented station) at NU 107 nung time na yun to keep me sane...

at least the monkees, whom i believe were the "original" boyband, actually played their own instruments...eventually.  only after mike nesmith, their guitarist, smashed his fist on a TV or record exec's wall to prove his point - that they were musicians in their own right and needed to play their own instruments and write their own songs.
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2008, 11:17:03 AM »
sometimes i play boyband music...especially when i'm high on the booze.  :-D
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers