hulika

Author Topic: The bar drums - a reference thread (#-J)  (Read 46983 times)

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: The bar drums - a reference thread (#-J)
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2007, 04:48:51 PM »
Update on the 6 underground drum reference: the 16 crash is actually an 18 inch Paiste 3000 reflector that's cut down to 16.
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2007, 04:51:32 PM »
Update on Purple Haze: Dax sometimes lends his 18" K dark crash for drummers to use. Selected lang ata, yung alam niyang aalaga sa crash niya.  BTW, he's looking for a cymbal to use in the bar, if anyone's selling (low budget lang, sorry).

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2007, 02:48:44 AM »
Update on Kolumn Bar: (Arrgh, the worst of the worst in terms of equipment)

The drumset is a 4-pc Fernando (sadly the old 90's model) with stock heads (and one Lazer) and a snare with loose wires. Sadly though, that's already the best-sounding part of the whole setup. The crash is an unknown cymbal warped beyond repair (see to appreciate) and the ride is a crash cracked from edge to bell. Both sound like yero when struck. The hihats are no longer OK. The top hat is alright, but the bottom hat is, or was, an old Sabian B8 Crash forcefully cut to 14 inches (it isn't round). All the stands (snare and cymbal) are lightweight and unadjustable with no memory locks, but not damaged to the point where they won't hold your equipment. The bass pedal is VERY wobbly. On a non-drummer note, there are only two floor monitors and they are positioned quite far from the stage so it's hard to hear yourselves.

What to bring: Snare, Crash, Ride, Hi-hats, Pedal are an absolute necessity. Throne and stands if your a bit more particular.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 07:58:20 AM by sjon014 »
Pinoydrums Lanyard - North distribution THIS SUNDAY, 2PM, TMS Alimall!
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,148425.msg1983008.html#msg1983008

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2007, 12:15:44 AM »
Our Father's Coffee, Taft
A nice shiny Premiere kit with black gloss wrap and black hoops. It looked really good for a starter kit, and I thought it was a new version of the Olympic but then I remembered, Premier pala ang tamang spelling. Naloko ako dun ah hehe. Galing Raon ata 'to. Standard Rock sizes on the kit. 14" wood snare, 12 and 13" rack toms, and a 16" floor tom. All the heads are stock, but sound alright. Wobbly bass pedal (the cheapest generic brand they sell at JB, the one with the engraved atom symbol), wobbly hi-hat stand (also "atom" brand) with a clutch that doesn't lock the top hat into place, and only one boom cymbal stand. Snare and hi-hat stands are unadjustable. Cymbals? Non-existent. The hi-hats and crash are stock Premiere, and have no chick, ping, or sustain whatsoever. Additional lang, the place is very small (like a Starbucks) and they drums are unmic-ed.
What you need to bring: Absolute necessities? Extra cymbal stand, Hihats, Crash, Ride. Additional? Snare and Hihat Stands, Bass Pedal
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,148425.msg1983008.html#msg1983008

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2007, 04:59:45 PM »
Our Father's Cafe?

Hehe, buti na lang dinadala ko yung mga gamit ko. Last time na tumugtog kami doon, yung gamit ni Gagal (Neruda) yung naka-set. Kaya wala akong reklamo.  :-D

Offline franco

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2007, 02:03:10 PM »
vida de malate

kit: 5pc. pearl export series - well-tuned, except for the snare, and the bass drum sounds explosive (naka mic-in kasi). the kit comes with avedis hi-hats, a 20" ride (not sure what brand/line this is kasi wala nang logo) and a 16" cracked paiste crash. good thing i bring my cymbals with me kasi walang kwenta yung crash, as in!

what to bring: snare/drum key, cymbals, friends hehehe
if you can't join them, beat them!

Offline autoexec

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2007, 12:35:23 AM »
Ganda naman nitong thread na 'to :-D Very helpful. Sana meron namang gumawa ng thread "The studio drums - a reference thread".
Dun naman mga info about sa mga drumkits sa iba't ibang studios para matulungan ang mga drummer na may mga bandang walang sariling studio. :)

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2007, 02:57:51 AM »
Updated!

Offline matteotanga

« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2007, 03:11:10 AM »
ser gep ikaw ba nag type lahat nung first post mo?
kung ikaw ang galing mo ang haba kc nun! galing :-D
Steady lang..

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2007, 03:14:10 AM »
Ngek! Hindi ako! Pinagsama ko lang lahat ng replies doon sa unang post.

Offline matteotanga

« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2007, 03:26:39 AM »
he he he galing parin!!!
Steady lang..

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2007, 03:40:43 AM »
Haha salamat!  :-D

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2007, 11:03:11 PM »
Dagdag ulet!

Center For Arts, Timog, QC
Black Sonor 505 kit, standard rock setup. A steel 14" snare, 12", 13", and 16" toms, and a 22" bass drum make up the kit. Stock heads, Sonor Pedal, and Sonor Hi-hat Stand. The hi-hats are Planet Z, and so is the Ride. Both are in OK condition, but they don't sound too great. The ride has a decent ping though. The crash is a cracked Planet Z. Both pedals are still okay, but have been overused to a point that the silver paint on the pedal footboards are gone. The bass pedal is slightly wobbly. There's no drum throne too if you're particular with that.
What you need to bring: Hihats, Crash, Ride are a must. You can opt to bring a better snare, bass pedal, and a throne too if you want.

Kwatro-Bente, Xavierville, QC

Blue Lazer Kit (one of their more recent models), standard rock setup. Sizes are 14", 12", 13", 16", and 22". Stock lazer heads, somewhat wobbly Lazer bass pedal, and a decent Lazer Hi-hat stand. There's only one cymbal stand, as the ride is mounted on a clamp+cymbal arm connected to the rim of the floor tom. During our last song, I crashed the ride, only to find the floor tom crashing down bringing the ride with it. Konting ingat! Their cymbals are 14" Zildjian Scimitar hi-hats (which are cracked), a 16" Scimitar crash (which is also cracked), and a 20" Scimitar ride (which is in good condition). Another thing to note, when we played there two weeks ago, one of their guitar amps was busted. We had to go on with just one guitar in our set.
What you need to bring: Hihats and Crash are a must. A snare, bass pedal, and extra stands, if you can carry more.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 11:05:24 PM by sjon014 »

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2007, 02:31:27 AM »
Nako! Hindi ko na madagdag ang post mo, kasi umabot na sa maximum number of characters yung first post e! Sayang!

Salamat!!!

Sino ba pwede mag-review ng Mayric's kit dito?

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2007, 09:27:00 AM »
update sa 6 underground... closed na (hehehe)

update sa Purple Haze... they have a new crash... an 18" XS20 Medium Thin Crash that sounds real nice that it makes me want to get one for myself. They've retired their broken one, thank God. And the drums are constantly being replenished with new heads. The owner's a drummer din kasi, so naiintindihan niya ang hirap ng drummer. BTW, he's always looking for a cheap deal sa cymbals, primarily para gamitin sa Haze. A hint for people selling cheap cymbals :)

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2007, 11:08:06 AM »
may nakatugtog na ba sa joey's bar sa may shopwise, cubao? info naman sa drums dun o  :-D

Offline glynminded

« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2007, 03:16:37 AM »
One Luv Bar, Sucat - A well maintained sonor kit... I don't remember which model... The drumheads are still in good condition though not tuned well, It has a ride which I can't tell what brand coz the prints are all erased... the hihats are very interesting ahahaha... their High end Paiste RUDE 14" hihats... the only problem is that... the hihats have two bottom hats.... The snare is tuned very tight but its not bad at all. Unfortunately...... ONLY REGGAE/SKA DRUMMERS will be able to play the kit... since the place itself is a reggae bar.

THINGS YOU NEED TO BRING: Crash and hihats (if you're not comfortable with using two bottom hats as Hihats) and maybe a drum throne.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 03:17:59 AM by glynminded »
I didn\'t know you can watch dreams in a theater?!

Offline nerol1i4a

« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2007, 06:33:28 PM »
laking tulong nga nitong thread na to!
pareview naman ng kit sa wilfredo's bar sa fairview,,
di ko alam pano ireview eh..hehe.. :-D

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2007, 03:29:20 AM »
Alam kong hindi na inuupdate yung first page kasi puno na, pero i-update pa rin natin.:)

Bridgeway Bar, Brickwalk, Sta. Lucia East Mall, Cainta
Old Black Fernando kit (Rock Sizes) with a coated ambassador on the snare and pinstripes on the toms. The drums sound good, if not a little too muffled due to the pinstripes. The set is unmiced. BAD and WOBBLY generic pedal, generic snare stand with adjustable height, but unadjustable cradle (my 13" snare was teetering over the stand), and a generic but decent hi-hat stand with a switch on the clutch (What do you call these clutches again?) to quickly close the hats. One excellent boom stand is provided, and I was disappointed that the second stand is an old straight stand literally taped together (DO NOT USE THIS. My ride fell when the mounting screw gave way. It was TAPED to the stand!) Hats are okay. 13" ZBTs. The only other cymbal is a 20" Planet Z Ride.
What you need to bring: Bass drum pedal, extra cymbal stands, cymbal set, and a snare stand if your snare isn't 14".

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2007, 12:05:49 AM »
Nako! Hindi ko na madagdag ang post mo, kasi umabot na sa maximum number of characters yung first post e! Sayang!

Salamat!!!

Sino ba pwede mag-review ng Mayric's kit dito?

Mayric's Bar, Espaņa
A mish-mash of different drums, hardware, and cymbals. The bass drum is a 22" Lazer, the 12" tom is a Tama, and the rest are Lazer. The hi-hat stand is an old Premier model, but the clutch is fastened tight on the rod, and I wasn't able to change hi-hats. I think the bass pedal is a single-chain Premier as well. The toms have two-ply heads, which sound muffled from the crowd. The cymbals are ZBT hi-hats and a nice 20" ride without markings (I think it's an Avedis). A solid boom stand and a rather wobbly straight stand complete the hardware.
What you need to bring: Crash is a must. Bring a snare too. Stands other than the ones provided (hi-hat and cymbal) will be helpful.

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2007, 09:12:17 PM »
@drumster... can you use your moderator superpowers to move one of Gep's posts to the 2nd post, so pwedeng maging dikit-dikit yung references to the bars? 

If you can, siguro painsert na rin ng 2 or 3 more "Gep" posts below that.

This is such a great thread. :D

Offline bugoy_king

« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2007, 09:05:14 AM »
Paki-edit nalang at lagay sa page 1  :-)

Aruba Bar, Tomas Morato branch

Kit - Old Premier (dunno what model, pero yung mga made in England pa) with 12" (maybe 13") rack tom and 16" floor. Last time I was there (about more than a week ago) may punit parin yung batter head ng floor tom. Dunno about the other tom, I never asked if anyone uses the conventional 5-piece setup. Snare is decent, although ni-remedyuhan nalang yung throw-off. Bass drum sounds nice.

Hardware - Two cymbal stands, one hi-hat stand. No sleeves, felt washers kulang narin. If you're bringing cymbals, it's best to bring your own cymbal sleeves. Kulang narin ng felt yung sa hi-hat stand. Bass drum pedal is a stock Premier that is kinda wobbly. Snare stand niya hindi na natataas (loose thread). Same goes for the hi-hat stand. Throne is ok, it just make a creaky sound when you move around.

Cymbals - 17" A Rock Crash (with a HUGE crack around the bell, around half the cymbal), 20" K Custom Dry Ride (looks very old, but sounds good, particularly in jazz settings), 13" Sabian Fusion Hats (dunno which model, i'm not familiar with Sabians, pero parang yung Quick Beat ng Zildjian)

Things to bring - Crash cymbal, cymbal sleeves, hi-hat stand, snare stand, bass drum pedal

*Note: This was as of last week. That time I was there though, the owner of the bar was also there and I showed him the cracked crash cymbal and the slight tear on the floor tom head. He said he'd replace them, so maybe he did, I dunno. If someone goes there, please update.

Offline alone_for_now

« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2007, 12:40:07 AM »
mga sir, pwede po bang magtanong about sa drumkit sa Vega J. bar sa malate?
thanks po...  :-)

Offline kevz_pause09

« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2007, 12:30:27 PM »
pasali narin  :-D .. eto (wilfredo's bar fairview q.c) yung kit nila dun is a 3pcs. sonor(blue) di ko lang alam kung anong model yun, pero ok naman yung tunog,yung snare nila and toms lahat nka remo skin yung bass drum lang hindi..yung bass drum nila kelangan lang itono kung tutugtog na kayo, and pwede nyo rin palagyan ng mic yung bass drum para mas malakas..lapit lang kayo sa dun sa tech. (mababait tao dun) :-)  and yung boom-stang nila dun para sa ride gumagalaw(tape can help it)  What you need to bring: crash,ride(pero alam ko my pinapahiram silang ride dun) hi-hats 

vega j bar taft. kit nila dun 3pcs. pearl(black) sorry di ko rin alam kung anong model eh.. :-D ok lang din yung snare nila dun and yung mga toms, bass drum lang din yung problem..pwede ring itono nyo nalang kung set nyo na .. What you need to bring: drum pedal,hi-hats,crash.. sana nakatulong sa inyo tong review ko..  :-D
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 12:36:32 PM by kevz_pause09 »
Internet mag-hapon' dahil sa buhay ay hindi maka connect.

Offline cavsdieagram

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2007, 08:27:06 PM »
Yeah!!! Wilfredos bar rocks...kahit simple lang ang gamit, sobrang babait ng tao dun.
kung kulang kau sa gamit, hiram lang kau sa ken kapag nagkasabay tau...ahahaha
solid sound quality ng snare dun, hindi ko magaya sa snare force1005 ko...wahah :-D
"Drums ay buhay" -bord