The Musician Forums > Music Technology & Pro Audio

Hard Disk recording

(1/2) > >>

jazzbo:
Just would like to take a quick survey here... piqued by that Ely Buendia album recorded on a Roland VS 1680 workstation. What do you think is better - hard disk recording on a PC or dedicated hardware like the VS 1680?

peterscrib:
cool na cool yung roland 1680...nakakalito lang. i made some demo songs in my 1680 and im satisfied with it.
hanep yung dalawang effects boards ang galeng..kaya lang hindi ko pa din nagagamit yung ibang features kelangan basahin mabuti yung manuals hehhee.. pano ba maglagay ng songs sa philmusic???puwede ba yung song ng mga indie sa philmusic..

Hazel Sta. Ana:
I suppose the 1680 would be a more straight forward tool for multitracking since there are REAL faders and panpots, and stuff like that.  Plus, you don't have to deal with latency (which can really be annoying).  It would be nice to have a PC SUPER optimized for multitracking because you can do almost anything with each track, considering the power of third party plug-ins. But basically, a PC serves me best when doing mixdown and mastering.

pinoymusika:

--- Quote from: peterscrib ---hehhee.. pano ba maglagay ng songs sa philmusic???puwede ba yung song ng mga indie sa philmusic..
--- End quote ---

Aba pwedeng pwede! Do you have your stuff on a CD that you can send us? Check out our contact info for the PhilMusic.com mailing address or email us at info@philmusic.com

RedBaron:

--- Quote from: Hazel Sta. Ana ---I suppose the 1680 would be a more straight forward tool for multitracking since there are REAL faders and panpots, and stuff like that.  Plus, you don't have to deal with latency (which can really be annoying).  It would be nice to have a PC SUPER optimized for multitracking because you can do almost anything with each track, considering the power of third party plug-ins. But basically, a PC serves me best when doing mixdown and mastering.
--- End quote ---

Just curious but how does using a PC for digital recording compare to digital tape, like ADAT or Tascam DA-88? Same quality or better....?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version