hulika

Author Topic: Your "Praise & Worship" Pedalboard  (Read 241795 times)

Offline pie-key

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Your "Praise & Worship" Pedalboard
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2013, 11:25:22 AM »
game ako dyan hahahaha magkano ba aabutin?

PM-PM na lang bro, basta browse mo din sa epektos.  :-D
References:
BossingBoss/Spudmusic/Xelly/Poundcake/Fonzy/Joel_marcelo/Micsis/Voidman/Free2rock/
'57 Strat/DIY OD/Strymon TL/Eventide MF/Hardwire SN/TCE Polytune Mini/Princeton Chorus

Offline Rageworx

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2013, 02:42:30 PM »
I used to have 2 DD7's on my board and sold one of them for a DD5. Warm luscious delays everytime. Even my favorite guitarists have that.  :-D

So my double delay consists of DD5 (for dotted notes) and the DD7 for everything else

+1000  sa boss dd5...sana may magbenta sa classifieds   :-D
Pedals on Sale: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=273860.msg3741566#msg3741566
References: unoh, zyehj, alamat, BAMF, trem3, macrulez019, brown, Kenzu0911, lemon15, spliffbwoy, lmichiko, derekdecastro, kurtcobainer, progfather, metalheadz

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2013, 04:51:42 PM »
I used to have 2 DD7's on my board and sold one of them for a DD5. Warm luscious delays everytime. Even my favorite guitarists have that.  :-D

So my double delay consists of DD5 (for dotted notes) and the DD7 for everything else

Same here..Used that combo before....very versatile, pero ngayon DD20 + DD5 na delay combo ko..hehe.. mas ok sakin..  :cute:
"Accomplishing the impossible is all about seeing the invisible."

- Sun Stand Still

Offline pie-key

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2013, 05:05:24 PM »
Same here..Used that combo before....very versatile, pero ngayon DD20 + DD5 na delay combo ko..hehe.. mas ok sakin..  :cute:

wag nga kayong mang-inggit....   :cute:
References:
BossingBoss/Spudmusic/Xelly/Poundcake/Fonzy/Joel_marcelo/Micsis/Voidman/Free2rock/
'57 Strat/DIY OD/Strymon TL/Eventide MF/Hardwire SN/TCE Polytune Mini/Princeton Chorus

Offline renkai0218

« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2013, 03:19:10 AM »
Sir, a noobie here. Looking at your gears makes me wanna shift from my multi effects to those that you have. I am not sure if this the right thread, but I want to start building my own! Can you help me? Been playing as a guitarist in my church for quite sometime now and ever since I've been using a multi. What pedals do I start with? HELP!

Kakaingit. Hahaha. God bless you!
Succesful transactions with: brown, jem, followtheReaper, piekey, mzik_man, exia, sundayhigh, Sir Alex, peter_alistair,GAP,doc_12,josephrave,akosijm,diancarlo,caloy the man,Eraseyourhead,relyeboy,gitaristadaw,nickson

Offline tackielarla

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2013, 04:03:12 AM »
Here's mine:

+

6-button setup goodness for my Mustang amp.  I can now concentrate on worshiping the Lord. :-)
These aren't the droids you're looking for...

Offline anton_mtegtr

« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2013, 08:22:53 AM »
Sir, a noobie here. Looking at your gears makes me wanna shift from my multi effects to those that you have. I am not sure if this the right thread, but I want to start building my own! Can you help me? Been playing as a guitarist in my church for quite sometime now and ever since I've been using a multi. What pedals do I start with? HELP!

hi bro!!

Before you shift into analog pedal, bare in mind that building a pedal board is not cheep, if your working it will really eat up a chunk of your income I can guarantee you that, but if you have funds why not! right??

First start with the basic dirt pedal like OD/DIST then add chorus & a delay and make sure you have a "TUNER" that's normally a guitarist need to atleast have a decent tone then try to establish your tone, add some more pedals if you think you'll gonna need them like wah, volume pedals, octaver & pitch shifter. brand wise again it depends on your purchasing capabilities, you can start with JOYO, BEHRINGER, & MOOER, if you want a bit of status quo buy BOSS, MXR, ELECTRO HARMONIX & DIGITECH & if you want class & you have all the blessing that GOD showered here on earth go with boutique pedals like SUHR, OCD, FULLERTONES, ETHIOS, RADIAL, TC ELECTRONICS, ANALOGMAN, WAMPLER & the list goes on & on, and one of this pedal can cost you 1 month of your salary or more for some of them if your a minimum wage employee.

Again there is nothing wrong with multi-effects me my self sometimes wish I have both analog set up & a multi, ask me why, pedal boards are heavy & if your a commuter "its a pain in the ass" to carry them around not like multi effect you have them all in a compact right?

Hope this helps you, cheers! Goodluck & GOD bless brother!!! :wave: :wave:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 08:43:36 AM by anton_mtegtr »
Successful Transaction: Bumbum, Moncseb, Barneykols, Yahoo, Pheonix Rising, Alek01, Jayson, Radicalzz, Milzer, Vinz,cumbersome, Xaero, RGA121, jracz_28,boomboom, Manila Coke, MR Zordic, sysrq1172, Haey2, Jenaibeh_01, kimshreder_2009, timespacey, ekoy8,

Offline renkai0218

« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2013, 10:31:22 AM »
hi bro!!

Before you shift into analog pedal, bare in mind that building a pedal board is not cheep, if your working it will really eat up a chunk of your income I can guarantee you that, but if you have funds why not! right??

First start with the basic dirt pedal like OD/DIST then add chorus & a delay and make sure you have a "TUNER" that's normally a guitarist need to atleast have a decent tone then try to establish your tone, add some more pedals if you think you'll gonna need them like wah, volume pedals, octaver & pitch shifter. brand wise again it depends on your purchasing capabilities, you can start with JOYO, BEHRINGER, & MOOER, if you want a bit of status quo buy BOSS, MXR, ELECTRO HARMONIX & DIGITECH & if you want class & you have all the blessing that GOD showered here on earth go with boutique pedals like SUHR, OCD, FULLERTONES, ETHIOS, RADIAL, TC ELECTRONICS, ANALOGMAN, WAMPLER & the list goes on & on, and one of this pedal can cost you 1 month of your salary or more for some of them if your a minimum wage employee.

Again there is nothing wrong with multi-effects me my self sometimes wish I have both analog set up & a multi, ask me why, pedal boards are heavy & if your a commuter "its a pain in the ass" to carry them around not like multi effect you have them all in a compact right?

Hope this helps you, cheers! Goodluck & GOD bless brother!!! :wave: :wave:

I appreciate it bro.  :) I love the practical side of your advice. Yeah, I was actually trying to look for the prices of the pedals being offered here in Philmusic and I definitely agree that they really are expensive and may cost me a lot. I am currently using Zoom G9.2tt and to be honest I haven't really maximized its full potential.  Thanks also for giving me atleast an idea which brands I can start with and those that are really lets say top of the line.  :)

Hahaha.. Why do I have this thinking that its much lighter if I use pedals than use my multi. Oh, I guess my Zoom is really heavy. LOL.

Thanks bro! I will keep on reading and will learn more about these analog pedals before deciding.

Great to find this thread! Keep on sharing your knowledge brothers!
Succesful transactions with: brown, jem, followtheReaper, piekey, mzik_man, exia, sundayhigh, Sir Alex, peter_alistair,GAP,doc_12,josephrave,akosijm,diancarlo,caloy the man,Eraseyourhead,relyeboy,gitaristadaw,nickson

Offline Rageworx

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2013, 03:11:31 PM »
Please do not tempt me into getting a DD20 brother... Madali akong maencourage sa mga ganyang bagay  :-D

Pedals on Sale: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=273860.msg3741566#msg3741566
References: unoh, zyehj, alamat, BAMF, trem3, macrulez019, brown, Kenzu0911, lemon15, spliffbwoy, lmichiko, derekdecastro, kurtcobainer, progfather, metalheadz

Offline fender101

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2013, 03:40:47 PM »
 ^go na hahaha kasyang kasya sa PB1000 mo yan
https://soundcloud.com/don-james-delosreyes

Ref/s: skeletonboy, manok, DevilMay, hahaha!, mawts_gwaps, bwizett, moncseb, Overture, etc...

Offline anton_mtegtr

« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2013, 04:03:43 PM »
I appreciate it bro.  :) I love the practical side of your advice. Yeah, I was actually trying to look for the prices of the pedals being offered here in Philmusic and I definitely agree that they really are expensive and may cost me a lot. I am currently using Zoom G9.2tt and to be honest I haven't really maximized its full potential.  Thanks also for giving me atleast an idea which brands I can start with and those that are really lets say top of the line.  :)

Hahaha.. Why do I have this thinking that its much lighter if I use pedals than use my multi. Oh, I guess my Zoom is really heavy. LOL.

Thanks bro! I will keep on reading and will learn more about these analog pedals before deciding.

Great to find this thread! Keep on sharing your knowledge brothers!

Good to here that my advice helped you, happy for you atleast you already have gears to use, I also had a friend who plays where I use to go to church, hes just a student & I can see his passion on serving the LORD, the only struggle is his gears, he cant get support from the church even from his parents due to their financial status, It breaks my heart when I saw his passion bit by bit melts away because he got discourage, he got no gears to use, I told him "to be patient & pray to the LORD, be humble him self & pray for the LORD see's the desire of your heart"

Matthew 6:33 -But seek first the kingdom & his righteousness, and all of these shall be given to you as well

His older brother was my keyboardist before they migrated to Indonesia, before that I convince his brother to buy him a decent electric guitar and I happened to have cheep pedals lying around, a DANELECTRO Fab chorus & a JOYO vintage OD, so I sold them to him for 1/3 of its cost, he started from there & until now he still use it, this boy is now their P&W teams lead guitarist..

Its says in

1 Corinthians 3:6-8
"6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but GOD made it grow. 7 So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything , but only GOD, who makes things grow. 8 The man who plants & the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor"

I hope this inspires you bro!! hope to hear from you soon :wave: :wave:

« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 04:06:41 PM by anton_mtegtr »
Successful Transaction: Bumbum, Moncseb, Barneykols, Yahoo, Pheonix Rising, Alek01, Jayson, Radicalzz, Milzer, Vinz,cumbersome, Xaero, RGA121, jracz_28,boomboom, Manila Coke, MR Zordic, sysrq1172, Haey2, Jenaibeh_01, kimshreder_2009, timespacey, ekoy8,

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2013, 07:58:43 PM »

That would be a Big decision bro.. kagaya nga ng sabi nila, gagastos ka ng malake..hehe. at matagal ang proseso bago mo mabuo yung gusto mong tunog..kasi yung GAS mas matindi na pag may pedalboard ka na..hahaha.  :eek:

Pero mas sulit, mas ok, mas satisfied. pero depende parin sa taste mo, pati sa BRAND ng pedals na bibilin mo.. You must have the following pedals muna as a start.....

Tuner - you can choose from the following... Boss TU2, Korg Pitchblack, Korg DT10....mura lang mga yan, but does its job.
Overdrive - I think it's your pedalboards life..hehe. so better to spend more budget for this one.. hehe. Fulltone Fulldrive 2 would be a great choice..or you can get Boss BD2 and stack it with TS9!! ayos yun! hehehe

Delay - Get a descent delay with tap tempo... Boss DD5 would be the best option for starter......or even for pros.haha.

Ok na yan bro..you don't need a bigger board, meeting all your NEEDS would be enough. :)

- Sun Stand Still

Offline renkai0218

« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2013, 12:43:19 AM »
That would be a Big decision bro.. kagaya nga ng sabi nila, gagastos ka ng malake..hehe. at matagal ang proseso bago mo mabuo yung gusto mong tunog..kasi yung GAS mas matindi na pag may pedalboard ka na..hahaha.  :eek:

Pero mas sulit, mas ok, mas satisfied. pero depende parin sa taste mo, pati sa BRAND ng pedals na bibilin mo.. You must have the following pedals muna as a start.....

Tuner - you can choose from the following... Boss TU2, Korg Pitchblack, Korg DT10....mura lang mga yan, but does its job.
Overdrive - I think it's your pedalboards life..hehe. so better to spend more budget for this one.. hehe. Fulltone Fulldrive 2 would be a great choice..or you can get Boss BD2 and stack it with TS9!! ayos yun! hehehe

Delay - Get a descent delay with tap tempo... Boss DD5 would be the best option for starter......or even for pros.haha.

Ok na yan bro..you don't need a bigger board, meeting all your NEEDS would be enough. :)

@Sir NTM: Thanks Sir sa advice. I am really considering your advice and that helps really! Yun nga halos din ang ngagamit ko sa multi ko. Tuner, Overdrive, Delays and Chorus. I only use 2 up to maximum of 4 banks for my usage.

Thanks din sa advice on what pedals I can start with. :)

I will be starting really small. And I hope that I can start with what you said. I'm excited as this will be the first time I will be using analog pedals. And I hope you can help me with it. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Offline renkai0218

« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2013, 01:20:58 AM »
Good to here that my advice helped you, happy for you atleast you already have gears to use, I also had a friend who plays where I use to go to church, hes just a student & I can see his passion on serving the LORD, the only struggle is his gears, he cant get support from the church even from his parents due to their financial status, It breaks my heart when I saw his passion bit by bit melts away because he got discourage, he got no gears to use, I told him "to be patient & pray to the LORD, be humble him self & pray for the LORD see's the desire of your heart"

Matthew 6:33 -But seek first the kingdom & his righteousness, and all of these shall be given to you as well

His older brother was my keyboardist before they migrated to Indonesia, before that I convince his brother to buy him a decent electric guitar and I happened to have cheep pedals lying around, a DANELECTRO Fab chorus & a JOYO vintage OD, so I sold them to him for 1/3 of its cost, he started from there & until now he still use it, this boy is now their P&W teams lead guitarist..

Its says in

1 Corinthians 3:6-8
"6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but GOD made it grow. 7 So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything , but only GOD, who makes things grow. 8 The man who plants & the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor"

I hope this inspires you bro!! hope to hear from you soon :wave: :wave:

I can relate to that. I don't have the gears dati din. I started in a small church and I don't have the gears that time as well. The church only has one old guitar. Even changing the strings were challenging for us. We really started small. Sobrang panget ng gamit namin non. Haha. At times, it was really distracting for us and also for the congregation when we were having technical difficulties. Sarap balikan on how God faithful always is.

Good that we have this thread! I'm hoping that I will learn more from you, guys. :) Salamat sir!

God bless you always.

Offline shkc

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2013, 05:15:53 AM »
this is a mean looking DD5 combo

"Recased two Boss DD5s together. Added our Analog Mod to both circuits, kept individual inputs/outputs for each, added external tap jack that sends or receives a tap control, added onboard tap tempo footswitch that syncs both DD5s."

Offline renkai0218

« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2013, 07:04:48 AM »
Now, my question is, is it worth it if I sell my Zoom G9.2tt and start my shift to analog? What's your take?

Honestly, I don't have the means to keep my multi and then start buying pedals. I will have to sell it to have a starting funds for it. Since, I don't have the experience just yet in using analog pedals, I would love to hear your opinion about it. Don't get me wrong guys, my other musician friends has long been encouraging me to shift to analog pero I don't know how it works which discourages me from jumping. Hahaha. Wala talaga ko idea about its technicalities and all. 

Is it better than multi's? Advantages and disadvantages other than it is really expensive. When it comes to tones and the output is it way better? :)

WOULD LOVE TO LEARN FROM YOU. :) OT na ba?

Offline ben10k

« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2013, 07:43:28 AM »
Now, my question is, is it worth it if I sell my Zoom G9.2tt and start my shift to analog? What's your take?

Honestly, I don't have the means to keep my multi and then start buying pedals. I will have to sell it to have a starting funds for it. Since, I don't have the experience just yet in using analog pedals, I would love to hear your opinion about it. Don't get me wrong guys, my other musician friends has long been encouraging me to shift to analog pero I don't know how it works which discourages me from jumping. Hahaha. Wala talaga ko idea about its technicalities and all. 

Is it better than multi's? Advantages and disadvantages other than it is really expensive. When it comes to tones and the output is it way better? :)

WOULD LOVE TO LEARN FROM YOU. :) OT na ba?

Here's what I did...

First I bought an OD pedal... I created a clean patch on the multi so that I would rely on the OD pedal for dirt.

And from there, I slowly transitioned from multiFX to pedals.... Well I'm running a Hybrid setup though [Multifx+stomps].

I think I can't live without multiFX...

Offline renkai0218

« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2013, 07:59:59 AM »

I think I can't live without multiFX...

Napagisip tuloy ako. :(

I really want to be objective on the BIG shift. :) Thanks @ben10k for the input.

Its really nice seeing all your pedals! I am a fan! :)

Offline fender101

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2013, 08:52:28 AM »
Napagisip tuloy ako. :(

I really want to be objective on the BIG shift. :) Thanks @ben10k for the input.

Its really nice seeing all your pedals! I am a fan! :)

It's better to have both. That's what I do hahahaha pang back-up lang yung multi

Ref/s: skeletonboy, manok, DevilMay, hahaha!, mawts_gwaps, bwizett, moncseb, Overture, etc...

Offline fender101

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2013, 10:39:37 AM »
HAHAHA! NagTF nga! hahaha..so how was it? San mo pala nakuha bro pati ano nangyari sa Nova? natrade mo?  :)

forgot to answer one question, na-trade ko kay sir moncseb yung nova to timefactor. nag-add na lang ako ng cash

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2013, 10:42:48 AM »
@Sir NTM: Thanks Sir sa advice. I am really considering your advice and that helps really! Yun nga halos din ang ngagamit ko sa multi ko. Tuner, Overdrive, Delays and Chorus. I only use 2 up to maximum of 4 banks for my usage.

Thanks din sa advice on what pedals I can start with. :)

I will be starting really small. And I hope that I can start with what you said. I'm excited as this will be the first time I will be using analog pedals. And I hope you can help me with it. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Yup.. just feel free to ask me anytime you want..hehe.

For my experience I started having an Overdrive ONLY! for a year OD lang gamit ko talaga.. then used a zoom multi, pero ayoko talaga kasi bitin ako sa tunog. hehe. Patience is a virtue, wag ka magmadali makabili ulit ng next pedal, maluluge ka..haha. nangyari sakin yun. magset ka ng pedal list mo, then pagipunan mo yun..it really takes time to have a pedalboard like the other guys here. Madame nang dumaan din na pedals sa mga kamay nila/namin, kaya iwasan mo yung bili agad, just ask us first kung ok ba yun o ano bang tunog hanap mo bago ka bumili ng pedals.. kapag hindi kasi guided sa pagbili ng stompboxes it really waste your money and time! (kaka-relate ako dya, napagdaanan eh.) hehe.

Also a good Powersupply would be better. I'm using 1spot by visual sound..sulit na..haha

- Sun Stand Still

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2013, 10:44:01 AM »
forgot to answer one question, na-trade ko kay sir moncseb yung nova to timefactor. nag-add na lang ako ng cash

What the!! pumayag sya?  :-o NICE deal yun bro! hehehe.. sa kanya mo pala nakuha yun.. :drool: so how was it? hehe.. tingin ko after 3 months or less.....Timeline naman habol mo..HAHA  :eek:

- Sun Stand Still

Offline Jad

« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2013, 11:05:28 AM »

Here's mine. :) Sana mapalitan na ko na ng line 6 M9 yung Gt6.
Goldtop!

Offline renkai0218

« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2013, 01:29:07 PM »
Yup.. just feel free to ask me anytime you want..hehe.

For my experience I started having an Overdrive ONLY! for a year OD lang gamit ko talaga.. then used a zoom multi, pero ayoko talaga kasi bitin ako sa tunog. hehe. Patience is a virtue, wag ka magmadali makabili ulit ng next pedal, maluluge ka..haha. nangyari sakin yun. magset ka ng pedal list mo, then pagipunan mo yun..it really takes time to have a pedalboard like the other guys here. Madame nang dumaan din na pedals sa mga kamay nila/namin, kaya iwasan mo yung bili agad, just ask us first kung ok ba yun o ano bang tunog hanap mo bago ka bumili ng pedals.. kapag hindi kasi guided sa pagbili ng stompboxes it really waste your money and time! (kaka-relate ako dya, napagdaanan eh.) hehe.

Also a good Powersupply would be better. I'm using 1spot by visual sound..sulit na..haha

Thank you, sir. Its good to have someone to ask to when it comes to that specially you guys who has the experience when it comes to these pedals to avoid buying pedals that are unncecessary.  :)

I'm seriously considering yung nasabi mong mga unang pedals.

Tuner - Korg Pitchblack
OD - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 or Boss BD2 stacking it with TS9 (Which one should you choose over these two?)
Delay - DD5

What else? Wooot! I am excited.

By the way, sir since you are helping me out with my "starter" pedals that I will use, maybe it would help to mention the guitar that I am using. By the way, I am using a Fender American Standard Stratocaster. All stock pa.

Offline fender101

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2013, 02:52:47 PM »
What the!! pumayag sya?  :-o NICE deal yun bro! hehehe.. sa kanya mo pala nakuha yun.. :drool: so how was it? hehe.. tingin ko after 3 months or less.....Timeline naman habol mo..HAHA  :eek:

oo nagdagdag lang ako ng cash medyo malaki pero ok naman hahaha ubos nga lang ang savings :lol: masaya siya gamitin. tuwang tuwa ako dun sa modulation delay sarap paglaruan. baka hindi na ko magtimeline kasi di nun kaya magdual delay eh. aux switch na lang habol ko para madali ma-control. kukuha na lang ako ng isa pang delay baka carbon copy pang support lang sa tf or baka VS tap delay or maybe a dd-5.