hulika

Author Topic: tone partayyyyyy...  (Read 1114 times)

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
tone partayyyyyy...
« on: February 26, 2008, 05:07:45 AM »
Kit, i thought you might like this one. I've always been a sucker for tone parties and this one made me giddier than a woman inside a shoe-store during "Clearance Sale" day. Here is a tone party for synth fanboys/fangirls.

There were a few nice old pieces like an old DX-7, some Oberheim stuff, an osCAR and Roland beat boxes. I was fascinated by anything that sounded like those old school acid basslines and there were plenty from Roland afficionados as well as a few DiY projects.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 05:13:55 AM by abyssinianson »
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: tone partayyyyyy...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 08:48:55 AM »
All those knobs, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline chuck sabbath

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 10:56:40 AM »
schweet...i would join that but my boys would look like the inbred mutant zombie branch of the family :-(

i see 2 909s...are those 3 x0xb0xes on the computer table? i want one of those! top keyboard rack is a red 101 right? whats that on the lower right? jomox?
In an expanding universe, time is on the side of the outcast. Those who once inhabited the suburbs of human contempt find that without changing their address they eventually live in the metropolis

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 01:06:38 PM »
drool...
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 01:34:13 PM »
schweet...i would join that but my boys would look like the inbred mutant zombie branch of the family :-(

i see 2 909s...are those 3 x0xb0xes on the computer table? i want one of those! top keyboard rack is a red 101 right? whats that on the lower right? jomox?

right on the money. it is a 101. the item on the lower right is a Future 777. it sounded like a 303 to me ( a clone, maybe?) with a nice filter section for some sick and thick modulation.

there were also some Dave Smith synths which sounded great. listening and playing around with the toys really tapped into my inner electronica fan. all the toys kinda made me think - if Liam Howlett (Prodigy) is reputed to have a ton of synths at his disposal, I wonder what rarities he might have?
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline chuck sabbath

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 03:30:44 PM »
the audio jack that plugs into the top right of the 101 is a dead giveaway...kinis! red pa! mine's blue...

future retro 777 of course...yeah supposed to be a 303 on steroids...list price new was $777 :D still pricey today maski second hand...

i think liam h has a jv1010 he wants to trade :roll:
In an expanding universe, time is on the side of the outcast. Those who once inhabited the suburbs of human contempt find that without changing their address they eventually live in the metropolis

Offline sid_ebora

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 08:43:20 PM »
Master!!! :-o
Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring ears from the eyes of woman-Beethoven