hulika

Author Topic: Hothits Song Magazine of the 90s  (Read 9741 times)

Offline Tube

Re: Hothits Song Magazine of the 90s
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 02:05:20 AM »
Yes arkeetar, Hothits rules! That was way back but I can still remember looking on every newspaper stand I see just to check for the latest copy. I remember Gie, I'm also a fan of their full album lyric and chords coverage. Haha! Walang tatalo dun!  :evil:

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 08:08:40 AM »
Yes arkeetar, Hothits rules! That was way back but I can still remember looking on every newspaper stand I see just to check for the latest copy. I remember Gie, I'm also a fan of their full album lyric and chords coverage. Haha! Walang tatalo dun!  :evil:

lalo na puro foreign lang ang may tabs... pagdating sa opm, hothits is the best reference to learn local alternative/rock songs  :lol:

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2009, 10:03:52 AM »
i used to have 2 stacks of hothits back in highschool...i went to the province one summer and when i came back home...all of them were sold by my mom when she did her spring cleaning...yes...those magazines played an important part when i was starting to play guitar...happy days :-)
the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams...

Offline supernaut

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2009, 10:55:39 AM »
helpful mostly yung mga tab ni gie edilo pero bumilib talaga ako nung tinab nya yung BRICK ng Ben folds five! BFF was one of my favorite band in highschool at di ko akalain na pwede pala iTab yung piano part sa gitara.  :-D
PISINGYAMINUNAMUNAN....

Offline Zacchary_amadeus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2009, 12:44:14 PM »
helpful mostly yung mga tab ni gie edilo pero bumilib talaga ako nung tinab nya yung BRICK ng Ben folds five! BFF was one of my favorite band in highschool at di ko akalain na pwede pala iTab yung piano part sa gitara.  :-D

It is a good thing that Guitar Pro was created.. From midi file to transcription, from voice to notes, from violin to guitar tabs among others..  :-)
\"Why worry if you can pray\"

Offline megaman013

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2011, 11:55:41 AM »
mga repapis pwede ba makahingi ng copy ng mga tabs nyo ung wolfgang saka mga opm na luma

Offline felixrocks

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2011, 01:21:28 PM »
wala na bang songhits ngayun? I remember chords of goodbye by air supply and what's up by non blondes.. :evil:
References: putchazta_46,alvinratism,XFree,zuluwashere,tukak0210,frivers,JayL517,bklixuz,heiniken01,dax,tranquil,lydiandominant,chinitajen,lidista03,secretavenger234,dr. evil,boxxed,Eric.Draven

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2011, 08:03:44 PM »
meron pa dito copy sa bahay.. pero yung 2000 releases na..
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 08:04:54 PM by CeL1916 »
PM Transaction References: Rmansh/Miong_Magno/Pentagram_x/Julandmic09/Vanhatred/Liway77/cyrus2477/jracz_28/ichigo02/
thenameisjm/teddy_munoz/Xelly/haha/ekoy08/kalel_23/sensei_24/lucky/drahcirnna24/r_chino/ilikecarrots

Offline pogikaze

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2011, 09:41:54 PM »
hehehe sir arkeetar nabuhay thread mo..naalala ko tuloy struggle natin sumipra ng kanta nun high school, sabay naglaro tuloy sa isip ko yun betamax na kanta, salamat sa lahat ng song hits ng 90's.  :-D
  speak good, think good, do good and you will definitely feel good! - dearest

Offline mikki_blinkme

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2011, 10:08:32 PM »
ako yung freakshow tsaka morning glory. kakamiss! kulay brown na nga yung mga pages e.  :lol:

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2011, 12:59:52 AM »
hehehe sir arkeetar nabuhay thread mo..naalala ko tuloy struggle natin sumipra ng kanta nun high school, sabay naglaro tuloy sa isip ko yun betamax na kanta, salamat sa lahat ng song hits ng 90's.  :-D

mismo! hehehe hindi ako maka sipra ng walang hothits  :lol:

paminsan minsan tinitingnan ko pa rin, si rozano marami ding kopya yun haha

Offline keida

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2011, 08:31:01 PM »
Hothits was essential because regular sila naglalabas ng issues and comprehensive naman ang coverage from pop to rock and everything in between. It catered to the masa and pleased those who were into indie/alternative. The covers were either really good or terrible.

I'll have to agree on the previous post about Rock n' Rhythm though. Mas partial ako sa kanya. RnR was more brave with the bands featured in each issue. Where would you ever encounter such no-name bands being interviewed such as PAROKYA NI EDGAR (chito with long hair. lol.) SONNET58 and MINDRAPE. While HH included a couple of indie/alternative bands, RnR were more dedicated in bringing indie music and the subculture it thrived on to their pages. Di lang lahat nakarelate kasi the majority of people would have no idea who these bands are and would rather have stuff they hear on radio featured. Fortunately, this drove me and others to correspond with these bands, labels, pick up all these zines that i would never even exist. Downside lang ng RnR is the frequency of issues. Parang zine lang sya with a huge budget.  :-D

But, yeah, Hothits was definitely essential for everyone who was into music. They had the best selections across the music spectrum. Kung anong uso nun, they were sure to have it. I had stacks of old issues. I have no idea san na napunta. Pero my RnR are kept safe with my comics and other magazines.
need a photographer? check my work: http://xkeidax.deviantart.com http://flickr.com/photos/xkeidax
-to see with eyes unclouded by hate -

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2011, 08:35:02 PM »
Hothits was essential because regular sila naglalabas ng issues and comprehensive naman ang coverage from pop to rock and everything in between. It catered to the masa and pleased those who were into indie/alternative. The covers were either really good or terrible.

I'll have to agree on the previous post about Rock n' Rhythm though. Mas partial ako sa kanya. RnR was more brave with the bands featured in each issue. Where would you ever encounter such no-name bands being interviewed such as PAROKYA NI EDGAR (chito with long hair. lol.) SONNET58 and MINDRAPE. While HH included a couple of indie/alternative bands, RnR were more dedicated in bringing indie music and the subculture it thrived on to their pages. Di lang lahat nakarelate kasi the majority of people would have no idea who these bands are and would rather have stuff they hear on radio featured. Fortunately, this drove me and others to correspond with these bands, labels, pick up all these zines that i would never even exist. Downside lang ng RnR is the frequency of issues. Parang zine lang sya with a huge budget.  :-D

But, yeah, Hothits was definitely essential for everyone who was into music. They had the best selections across the music spectrum. Kung anong uso nun, they were sure to have it. I had stacks of old issues. I have no idea san na napunta. Pero my RnR are kept safe with my comics and other magazines.

wow! nice input, RnR, 1-2 copies lang, wala kasi masyadong chords yung mga songs,
kaya para sa nagsisimula noon, sa hothits talaga ako na-hook  :lol:

Offline joesat

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2011, 12:46:54 AM »
my favorite songmag...sayang at wla nga ngayong hothits...
successful deals w/: prank sinatra, bossingboss, alaala, dedma_walking, anodbiomech, boosted, god of war & stonelake, spankyrigor

Offline golts_vex13

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2015, 04:57:59 PM »
Sobrang tagal na pala netong topic na to. Hinanap ko kasi Gie Edilo kaya napunta ako rito.
May FB account kaya un? Gusto ko lang magpasalamat sa kanya kasi kung hindi dahil sa mga "Guitar Transcribed by Gie Edilo" sa likod ng Solid Gold at iba pang kapamilya ng songhits na to eh hindi talaga ako matututo. Dun ko natutunan ung "Forevermore" ng Side A. Grabe sobrang tiyaga nya para kunin lahat un. Sobrang saludo ako sa kanya.
Jingle magazine din meron ako nun, meron pa nga akong Eheads compilation nun!!! Eh kaso biglang nawala lahat ng copies ko (isang plastic) nung nakalimutan nyang kunin sa trunk ng taxi.  :eek: Kaya sobrang laki ng hinayang ko gang ngaun pag naalala ko un kasi marami kang pedeng pondohin dun!  :-D
“A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.” ― Albert Einstein

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2015, 07:20:59 PM »
copy ko nabaha na lahat  :cry:

bayaw ko meron pang konti... nakakahinayang pati mga pinoys comics ko dati.

sentimental value  :cry:

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2015, 04:01:01 AM »
I was just reminiscing about this exact publication a few days back. I owe a lot to this magazine, to be honest. I learned the lead parts for Eraserheads' "Harana" because of this mag, among other songs.
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline Dreamsoldier

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2015, 01:05:58 PM »
HotHits! That magazine really helped me in the 90s. It was cheap and accessible, but it paved the way for me to explore other styles of rock music and of course, other music magazines.

I can still remember the rather 'simple' layout, the albums they feature, the 'free posters', the album reviews by Goldwyn Morales Azul, and of course, the guitar transcriptions of Gie Edilo. I still have Minsan (Eraserheads), Darkness Fell (Wolfgang), Love Fool (Cardigans), Lights Fell Down (Triaxis)---all featured in various issues.