hulika

Author Topic: Raimund Marasigan.. The "bad boy" of the E-heads  (Read 33848 times)

Offline kai52111

Re: Raimund Marasigan.. The "bad boy" of the E-heads
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2007, 11:12:55 AM »
bad boy?? kayo lang ata nagjujudge nun eh...kung tutuusin wag na lang natin paki-alaman kung bakit nag hiwalay eheads or judge each one of them its their life ang concern ko music lang nila

p're, basahin mo muna yung original post. hindi negative yung pagkakasabi ng 'bad boy'.

Offline Seej

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2007, 05:07:38 PM »
Magaling tumugtog, magaling magdala ng tao sa live concert. Marunong magsaya.

Ano kaya ang hindi kayang gawin ni Raimund? Haha.
Even a broken clock is right, twice a day

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2007, 11:23:56 PM »
This is the Raimund that we sometimes get a glimpse of when he's offstage - happy guy with his feet on the ground, and very much a family man.

---

http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/sim/sim/view_article.php?article_id=48768

Bonding 24/7

By Eric S. Caruncho
Inquirer
Last updated 08:48am (Mla time) 02/11/2007

MANILA, Philippines -- They could be any young suburban couple out malling--he in polo and jeans, she in oversized tee and leggings. But Raimund Marasigan and Myrene Academia are hardly typical. They’re two-fifths of Sandwich , one of contemporary Pinoy rock’s most durable and baduy-proof franchises.

The band has managed to become huge without selling out. Hits like “Sugod” and “DVDx” from their current EMI album “Five on the Floor,” combine savvy pop hooks with a sly humor and an ironic edge, proof that “masa” doesn’t have to mean “baduy (gauche).” It’s a fine balancing act between commercial appeal and “underground” credibility that few bands have managed to pull off. Recently, the band even made a guest appearance on Sharon Cuneta’s show—their second, with the Megastar singing “Walang Kadala-dala” with the band.

Says Raimund: “Ten years ago, we wouldn’t have accepted the invitation, nor would they ask. Now, we’re like ’it’s cool to be on the Sharon Cuneta show.’ ”

Which only goes to show how times have changed.

Bands now have more platforms than when Sandwich first started out: from music television and the Internet to movies and cellphone ringtones. Sandwich has cut soundtracks for the videogame “Tantra,” the TV series “Nginig,” and most recently, the film “Super Noypi,” making their music an ubiquitous feature of the current mediasphere.

Today, however, Raimund and Myrene are rock stars incognito. “I think people are still surprised that we’re a couple,” says Raimund. “We don’t hide it naman.”

Since leaving the Eraserheads to focus on Sandwich, Raimund has become something of an indie rock renaissance man, playing with, and producing, a slurry of other side bands and musical projects including Cambio, Pedicab and his hip-hop studio band Squid 9.

Myrene meanwhile plays bass for Imago. Before that, she spent 13 years on board as a disc jockey for NU107 FM, warping young minds with “Not Radio,” her program of adventurous new music.

Like many long-term couples, Raimund and Myrene have developed a tendency to finish each other’s sentences.

But isn’t being a couple while working in the same band claustrophobic, kind of like working in the same office? “We were bandmates before we became a couple, so it was never an issue for us,” says Raimund. “Besides, being in a band isn’t like working in an office,” he says. “We only work at night, so the rest of the day we each have our own thing, and we can be together or not. The shows aren’t a daily routine either—it’s a job, a really good job…”

He adds: “Everytime we go out of town, it’s a free trip for us, and you’re touring with your best friends. You all get free beers backstage and free accommodations and you all get to use the pool or the van. Parang gumi-gimmick kayong magkakabarkada."

Says Myrene: “We each have other bands and other interests, and we don’t require each other to do the same things, watch the same shows or even listen to the same songs so it’s not claustrophobic for us.”

“So far,” laughs Raimund.

It wasn’t too long ago that punk rock (or any music-based lifestyle) was something you outgrew as you “matured” and buckled down to grim task of earning a living, raising a family, etc. As in real life. But Raimund and Myrene have shown that it’s possible to build a real life out of the music that you love. “It’s because of the people that we are, a little luck and the opportunities that we took,” says Myrene.

Adds Raimund: “We still follow the punk rock instinct of not doing it just for the money or because you’re going to get famous or have a show somewhere. The sincerity should be there. You must like what you’re doing.”

Of course, the partners have to balance the demands of band life with the responsibilities of being parents to their daughter Atari Kim, now six.

“Being a couple in a band, you need to separate the work part of it from the relationship,” says Myrene. “I don’t think we ever do it consciously, but you have to keep your priorities right. If I can’t make a gig because Atari has a school program, I get a sub because one of us has to be there at the program. Those are the things we make time for.”

As it turns out, being in a band and being in a long-term relationship have a lot in common: the most important being the ability to keep things fresh and exciting, and to make time for the things that count.

Recently, Sandwich has decided to cut back on its gig schedule because it was starting to feel too much like work. By pacing themselves, the band keeps each gig enjoyable while avoiding burnout—one of the pitfalls of earning your bread and butter by performing.

Ely Buendia’s recent heart attack has also brought attention to the fact that the “alternative rock” generation of the ’90s are now middle-aged, though you wouldn’t guess it from Sandwich’s energetic live performances.

“We try to keep healthy, to keep up with the kids. You spend 45 minutes on stage with a heavy guitar, you have to be healthy,” says Raimund.

And the music helps.

“You have to keep listening to things with fresh ears, that’s how you keep interested,” says Myrene. “ I tell my friends, batukan mo ko pag nadinig mo sa bibig ko yung ‘wala nang magandang music’ o ‘narinig ko na lahat before’ If you keep at it, you don’t just lose it.”

Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline James_Animagi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2007, 12:09:35 PM »
galing nung article to jim ayson mali lang talaga minsan judgement ng mga tao sa mga bands ung article na un pinakita kung ano silang tao offstage ang galing

Offline burnok100

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2007, 09:29:04 PM »
bagay sa cover nila ng INOSENTE LANG ANG NAGTATAKA yung si Raimund+rivermaya...
PWEDE...
- inosente lang ang nagtataka

Offline MarkRelos

« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2007, 09:44:03 PM »
one of the pinoy rock icon yan!
contribute heavyly to pinoy rock!

mabuhay ka Ramuind Marasigan!
At sa pag tulog ng gabi maririnig ang dasal na ang kabataan uhaw sa tunay na pag mamahal " -

Offline cowboyfromhell

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2007, 03:37:11 PM »
c raimund sobrang bait nito..i remember when i was in highschool..me concert sa school kasama sandwich (mark abaya pa) den sa musician's room kasama namin sila..kasi set muna namin bago sila..tas after namin 2mg2g he asked me if we were the band who covered a metallica song..hehe..aun..nagbigay ng lil history na pumunta metallica sa pinas (black album ata) tas aun.. :-D

Offline khaffalmhoukz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2007, 05:53:37 PM »
Quote from: musicjunkie
i was able to talk to raimund in the late 90s. e-heads had a performance to support the carbon stereoxide album in festival mall. mejo late nag-start yun event, kaya me and my friend decided to hang out by the mall entrance. and wat do u know, here comes the e-heads gang with ely's baby and wife in tow.

Diane is still technically just his girlfriend - Ely's real wife is Vicky aka the "Toyang" of the song. And his first kid is Una Buendia ... now 16 years old and a rock fan herself. First saw the kid as a 6 year old backstage at the launch of "Natin 99". Now she's a young lady - and (based on her Friendster photo at least) the spitting image of her father.

is this true? bakit parang walang bakas ng "ely buendia" yung mga pics nya dun? at parang wala shang kinalaman kay eheads sir? just askin.naiintriga ako. hehe

actually, kamukhang kamukha sya ni ely (based from ely's looks in his college/early eheads days)  :-D

OO, ILONG PALANG!!! Wahahaha, joke lang sa mga EB fans. pero talagang ilong palang ely na ely na

Oizt anong url ng profile nya? Inggit ako... alam nyo... matagal ko nang hinahanap eh... d q mahanap...

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2007, 07:30:23 PM »
Quote from: musicjunkie
i was able to talk to raimund in the late 90s. e-heads had a performance to support the carbon stereoxide album in festival mall. mejo late nag-start yun event, kaya me and my friend decided to hang out by the mall entrance. and wat do u know, here comes the e-heads gang with ely's baby and wife in tow.

Diane is still technically just his girlfriend - Ely's real wife is Vicky aka the "Toyang" of the song. And his first kid is Una Buendia ... now 16 years old and a rock fan herself. First saw the kid as a 6 year old backstage at the launch of "Natin 99". Now she's a young lady - and (based on her Friendster photo at least) the spitting image of her father.

is this true? bakit parang walang bakas ng "ely buendia" yung mga pics nya dun? at parang wala shang kinalaman kay eheads sir? just askin.naiintriga ako. hehe

actually, kamukhang kamukha sya ni ely (based from ely's looks in his college/early eheads days)  :-D

OO, ILONG PALANG!!! Wahahaha, joke lang sa mga EB fans. pero talagang ilong palang ely na ely na

Oizt anong url ng profile nya? Inggit ako... alam nyo... matagal ko nang hinahanap eh... d q mahanap...

mukha nang nawala na yung sa friendster. pero meron yata siya sa imeem

Offline bembmd

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2007, 11:20:07 PM »
i remember one time nung nag-play kami sa Freedom Bar, event yata ng NU 107 yun, isa sa mga front acts kami. then of course last nag-play ang Sandwich. as in sobrang na-overwhelm ako kasi first time ko manood ng ganoon kagaling na performance! talagang yung loob ng Freedom parang sasabog! sobrang lupit ng stage presence nila. sa sobrang ganda nung gabi, nag-decline na kami sa offer ng mgmt ng Freedom for an encore namin. wag na, masisira yung gabi!

nung paglabas ni Raims, sinundan ko agad sya tapos nagpa-pic ako sa kanya. grabe, one-hell of an experience yun, considering the fact that i was an e-heads and sandwich fan from the very start talaga!

too bad nasira yung pic kasi sa sobrang tense ko, nagalaw ko yung cam kaya na-distort! huhuhu... :-(

Offline adler

« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2007, 02:49:54 AM »
Here's Raimund and Myrene with their kid Atari: 8)

nde ko alam to ah.... magsawa sila,,,???????
Succesful Deals With:
Guitars
Maverick20 - Nogi  - Krys_Dizon - jgmredor - Chong - ytse_neil - youngstown_2010 - Rageworkz - Bajofantastico - neku420 - Moncseb

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2007, 06:45:58 PM »
Ngayon ko lang din nalaman.  :-o :-o :-o :-o
Please be active at Pinoy Music Fan Forums. :)

Offline khaffalmhoukz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2007, 10:45:41 AM »
Here's Raimund and Myrene with their kid Atari: 8)

nde ko alam to ah.... magsawa sila,,,???????

Naks ang cute ni Atari...

Offline dayuhanspace

« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2007, 01:15:48 PM »

Mabait yan si Raims,Kahit di nya masyado kilala kinakamayan nya. and Magaling na musikero. Ngayon nakakajam ko na siya pag may tugtog ang pedicab at pinapatugtog nya ako sa keyboards.

i believe na marami sya na contribute sa E heads na kanta and music. Pero Sa tingin ko di na kaya ibalik ang
E heads,mas naging ok nga yun music scene nun nagbreak up sila e. kumbaga parang butil ng isang halaman na kumalat at tumubo.
kaya Nagkaroon ng Sandwich,cambio,squid 9,pedicab at ibapa.

:-D

Offline bookworm

« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2007, 10:30:37 PM »
ilang milyon ba tayong naghihintay sa reunion ng eheads?

have you guys read the book TIKMAN ANG LANGIT? i know most of us may "eheads experience" na di malilimutan.. walang masama if they decided to disband, ang message lang siguro is that we miss them in the scene..

Offline redhotchillipepe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2007, 10:40:38 AM »
i just remembered nung high school days ko kaputukan ng eheads pa, sobrang ayaw ko sila dati dahil sguro metalllica fan ako dati. pero kung kelan ako tumanda tsaka ko lang napansin "syet ayus pala itong mga ito, from lyrics to the melodies". sayang sana noon pa napansin ko na yung beauty na nakapaloob sa musika nila.
funky monk

dref40cc

« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2007, 07:24:18 PM »
magaling magaling mga "genius" sa larangan ng musika pero meron ibang kanta ang
e- heads na ang background eh kanta ng "beatles".

nO RLY

« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2007, 03:33:16 PM »
siguro para sakin, masmabuti nalang na hindi na bumalik ang e heads. pero siguro isang reunion concert, okay lang. pero hindi pangmatagalan. baka mangyari sa kanila yung nangyari kay "Michael Jordan". bumalik sa basketball, tapos nalaos..

dref40cc

« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2007, 04:03:47 PM »
siguro para sakin, masmabuti nalang na hindi na bumalik ang e heads. pero siguro isang reunion concert, okay lang. pero hindi pangmatagalan. baka mangyari sa kanila yung nangyari kay "Michael Jordan". bumalik sa basketball, tapos nalaos..
  + 100

tama mabuti na mag quit habang sikat pa kesa malaos ...

Offline Seej

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2007, 04:15:34 PM »
At kung nag reunite sila at hindi lumaos, magagalit yung mga ibang banda sa kanila kasi dapat era na ito ng mga ibang bagong bands. Parang, kelangan na nila mag-retire sa Eraserheads.
Even a broken clock is right, twice a day

Offline drummer_boy17

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2007, 07:43:32 PM »
ok naman si raymond marasigan
FLY FAST PHOTOGRAPHY: Click Here