hulika

Author Topic: CALLING Y'ALL TELE GENIUSES!  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Single Stroke Seven

CALLING Y'ALL TELE GENIUSES!
« on: May 25, 2007, 12:45:30 PM »
Which bridge is better? And why?

3 Section T8 Brass

or 6 Section Steel

Waah! Gusto ko na yata talaga magka-Tele! Am I getting old?
Just call me SSS...

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
Re: CALLING Y'ALL TELE GENIUSES!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 01:28:54 PM »
an American luthier told me that the barrel-type saddles are a lot harder to intonate than modern saddles. the barrel-type saddles have vintage mojo though, so if you're a traditionalist then go for the vintage type, or if you want something newer, go for the modern bridge style. when set up properly, both types are very stable so i think it's more about aesthetics. but  enter Callaham, KTS Titanium saddles, etc.. this won't stop! hehehe :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline tejadster

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 01:34:55 PM »
yung 3 saddles ...... syempre........ :-D

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 04:20:12 PM »
an American luthier told me that the barrel-type saddles are a lot harder to intonate than modern saddles. the barrel-type saddles have vintage mojo though, so if you're a traditionalist then go for the vintage type, or if you want something newer, go for the modern bridge style. when set up properly, both types are very stable so i think it's more about aesthetics. but  enter Callaham, KTS Titanium saddles, etc.. this won't stop! hehehe :)

+ :-)

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 10:08:11 PM »

hindi lang for aesthetic or sentimental reasons kung bakit i and many others like the 3 barrel-type saddles. tonally, one barrel has more mass than the single space saddle. altogether, 3 barrels vs. individual saddles has better sustain and sound transfer capacity.

Offline beachhead

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 10:46:54 PM »
I can live with minimal intonation problem. Go vintage!
Supreme Chancellor of the SD-1 COALITION
Due to the new policy, no graphics allowed, we are changing the style of the SD-1 coalition signature.
 http://beachhead20.multiply.com/

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 12:15:45 AM »
I aint no genius but i like my teles with three saddles AND string thrus 8-)
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline Single Stroke Seven

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 01:59:16 PM »
Thanks guys. Now I can make an informed decision when I buy my first Tele.  :wink:
Just call me SSS...