hulika

Author Topic: Fibracell reeds  (Read 2085 times)

Offline oliva1972

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Fibracell reeds
« on: November 02, 2009, 06:48:28 PM »
just read good reviews of fibracell reeds with all the good promisses (google it to see what i mean)  Is this available locally in our suking music stores like salonga, etc...?

its a synthetic reeds na looks and feels like cane reeds pero synthetic sya at matagal daw masira, totoo ba 'to?  meron bang ibang alternative reeds na hindi cane, pero avalable locally?

Offline vincelahorra

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Fibracell reeds
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 06:54:50 PM »
Fibracell reeds? I'm a very satisfied user for two years now. i use them on tenor and soprano. Why?
#1 great sound: drop by my friday lunch gigs at Rockwell mall and have a listen
#2 low maintenance/no fuss: just mount it to your mouthpiece and just play! no need to soak in water, alchohol, hydrogen peroxide, etc.
#3 reliable: not affected by humidity, so it won't warp in hot, humid outdoor venues
#4 consistent: relatively, they're more consistent than cane reeds in terms of reed strength.
#5 durable: from my estimate, one Fibracell reed can last 6 months of daily 2-hour practice and 5 nights a week of gigs.

the downside:
#1 they're expensive, i order them at US$15 each! (same prices for soprano, alto, & tenor) also, you need to find the right strength to match your embouchure and mouthpiece. that means having to try different strengths at first, just like any other brand of reed. Click here for a comparison chart: http://www.fibracell.com/
#2 they don't last "forever": of course, they do lose strength eventually.

Unfortunately, they're not available locally. You can order them through ROS music, tel # 4401021.

Hope this helps.
Vince

« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 06:52:47 PM by vincelahorra »
Vince Lahorra
Mobile Phone: 0915 641 2407
Email: vincelahorra@gmail.com

Offline oliva1972

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 08:07:02 PM »
Hi vincelahorra, thanks for the lead.  $15 is not that bad at all, because if we order it @ ebay, it will cost not less than $10 + freight which of course will exceed $15.  the only downside is the waiting time...
so how long would it normally takes when you order reeds from ROS?

Offline vincelahorra

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 01:39:32 AM »
how long? the last batch of reeds i ordered took 5 months. this is regular delivery, meaning the reeds i ordered were delivered along with a lot of other items shipped to ROS in order to save on costs. Of course, i you  want your order fast, it'll have to be by courier (DHL, FedEx, etc.) and that'll cost you big time!

i'd like to add a disclaimer: i am not guaranteeing that Fibracell reeds will work for everybody. guess it just happens that the Fibracell reeds work well with me. each player is different.

vince
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 01:42:11 AM by vincelahorra »
Vince Lahorra
Mobile Phone: 0915 641 2407
Email: vincelahorra@gmail.com

Offline oliva1972

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 06:43:23 PM »
If given a chance, I'll still want to own one.  it may be uncomfortable at the beginning, but I believe, things will be fine given a good time to practice.

tks again.

Offline saxmaryosep

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 03:12:45 AM »
If given a chance, I'll still want to own one.  it may be uncomfortable at the beginning, but I believe, things will be fine given a good time to practice.

tks again.

Now available at Lyric Piano store outlets.
Inquired at Market Market Branch 3rd floor.
Mahal ...super at PHP 850 ea. for a beginner like me wag nalang. :-)

Offline oliva1972

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 09:34:32 PM »
thanks for the info.  one of this day i'll find my way there to buy one.  P850 is not that bad investment considering that ebay sell it for about $13-exw, means buyer shoulder all cost including freight.