hulika

Author Topic: pistol  (Read 138626 times)

Offline dullFingers

• Forum Fanatic
Re: pistol
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2012, 11:04:49 AM »
Sarap naman nyan :drool:

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2012, 03:42:34 PM »
sabi na nga ba't may ganitong thread din dito sa PM!  :-D

seriously, with the recent events happening in the compound where my wife and i live, i'm thinking of getting some protection for our home. 4 incidents na may pinapasok sa mga kapitbahay namin - with the last 2 done within a span of 5 days. we are going to form a home owners association soon and probably get a security guard but i still want to be assured that i can defend on my own if the need arises. my wife is pregnant and i don't want to take any chances.

why do you say that shotguns are the best for home protection? mga how much kaya ang budget for a basic shotgun? i'm actually looking into getting a pistol lang. siguro 9mm or .40 but nabasa ko dito na shotgun ang best for my purpose.

thanks in advance!  :)
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2012, 05:20:25 PM »
Because shotguns have a rather intimidating psychological factor to them. Just the sound of the fore-end being racked may well be enough to make one reconsider his motives, being at the receiving end of the barrel. Thus, totally avoiding a messy confrontation.

A close quarter combat usually happens around 10 - 15 feet of each other, it's perfect for that. The shorter the barrel the wider the spread of shots. It has a high stopping power and low penetration. Meaning, the ballistics could go through a person and stop at obstacles, such as a wall or furniture. This decreases the possibility of collateral damage to a person, such as a loved one, who is in the adjacent room. As in the case of a .45 ACP pistol, depending on the grain count of a full metal jacket ammo, the bullet could go through the assailant, through the adjacent wall, and still penetrate another person behind that wall.

Since the safety of your loved ones is paramount, do check out the Glaser Safety Slug. This ammo is designed to be used by sky marshals. The ammo could easily goes through a body producing large wounds while failing to pass through structural barriers. It's perfect for home defense.

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2012, 06:11:03 PM »
Because shotguns have a rather intimidating psychological factor to them. Just the sound of the fore-end being racked may well be enough to make one reconsider his motives, being at the receiving end of the barrel. Thus, totally avoiding a messy confrontation.

A close quarter combat usually happens around 10 - 15 feet of each other, it's perfect for that. The shorter the barrel the wider the spread of shots. It has a high stopping power and low penetration. Meaning, the ballistics could go through a person and stop at obstacles, such as a wall or furniture. This decreases the possibility of collateral damage to a person, such as a loved one, who is in the adjacent room. As in the case of a .45 ACP pistol, depending on the grain count of a full metal jacket ammo, the bullet could go through the assailant, through the adjacent wall, and still penetrate another person behind that wall.

Since the safety of your loved ones is paramount, do check out the Glaser Safety Slug. This ammo is designed to be used by sky marshals. The ammo could easily goes through a body producing large wounds while failing to pass through structural barriers. It's perfect for home defense.

thanks for the inputs, Bart! this is news to me. i thought that just because a gun is powerful, it will go through anything. i never thought that a .45 has more penetrating ability than a shotgun.

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2012, 02:10:47 AM »
thanks for the inputs, Bart! this is news to me. i thought that just because a gun is powerful, it will go through anything. i never thought that a .45 has more penetrating ability than a shotgun.

I used the full metal jacket (FMJ) as an example. This is the type of bullet that relatively retains its shape when fired. It could go through soft tissue easily and still has the energy to go through a structural barrier. For home defense, a jacketed hollow point (JHP) bullet is ideal. When it hits an object, the hollow tip will 'mushroom' and most of its energy will be dissipated. While it produces a small entry wound, the exit wound is much bigger and the damage to internal organs much greater. Therefore, greater stopping power.
I have handguns instead of shotguns because of my neck and shoulder injury. I would rather have a shotgun, though.
Trivia: Did you know that the Moro Rebellion of the Filipino-American War contributed to the design of the .45 ACP (Automatic Colt Pistol)? The .38 ammo that they were using at the time was not sufficient to stop a Moro berserker, so they designed an ammo that had a significantly higher stopping power.

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2012, 09:04:46 AM »
I used the full metal jacket (FMJ) as an example. This is the type of bullet that relatively retains its shape when fired. It could go through soft tissue easily and still has the energy to go through a structural barrier. For home defense, a jacketed hollow point (JHP) bullet is ideal. When it hits an object, the hollow tip will 'mushroom' and most of its energy will be dissipated. While it produces a small entry wound, the exit wound is much bigger and the damage to internal organs much greater. Therefore, greater stopping power.
I have handguns instead of shotguns because of my neck and shoulder injury. I would rather have a shotgun, though.
Trivia: Did you know that the Moro Rebellion of the Filipino-American War contributed to the design of the .45 ACP (Automatic Colt Pistol)? The .38 ammo that they were using at the time was not sufficient to stop a Moro berserker, so they designed an ammo that had a significantly higher stopping power.

watching CSI helps a bit. i can picture the bullets in my mind from what i watched. hehehe!

that's what my friends who are into guns say about the .38 and .45. a .38 can't stop a man gone berserk so it's better to get a .45. the downside is that its recoil is too strong. does a shotgun have powerful recoil? i haven't shot a gun in my life and i'm planning to visit firing ranges soon to try guns out for the experience before i purchase my own piece.

Offline markLAKANDULA

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2012, 12:54:58 PM »
watching CSI helps a bit. i can picture the bullets in my mind from what i watched. hehehe!

that's what my friends who are into guns say about the .38 and .45. a .38 can't stop a man gone berserk so it's better to get a .45. the downside is that its recoil is too strong. does a shotgun have powerful recoil? i haven't shot a gun in my life and i'm planning to visit firing ranges soon to try guns out for the experience before i purchase my own piece.

about sa recoil bro..constant practice sa range lang naman ang kailangan mo para ma-master mo ang FA mo..parang pag gigitara lang din yan eh..mag focus ka muna sa isang caliber,halimbawa 9mm o .45,para magamay agad..sa carry ammo,use JHP nalang.. :-D

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2012, 01:22:02 PM »
about sa recoil bro..constant practice sa range lang naman ang kailangan mo para ma-master mo ang FA mo..parang pag gigitara lang din yan eh..mag focus ka muna sa isang caliber,halimbawa 9mm o .45,para magamay agad..sa carry ammo,use JHP nalang.. :-D

thanks bro! yup lahat nakukuha sa practice.  :-D

mga magkano kaya ang price range ng basic shotgun?

Offline markLAKANDULA

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2012, 01:34:56 PM »
thanks bro! yup lahat nakukuha sa practice.  :-D

mga magkano kaya ang price range ng basic shotgun?

ang armscor less than 15k lang..plus license.. :-D

may nakita ako nagbebenta sa sulit ng armscor shotgun,9k lang plus license.. :-D

kung pang bahay lang,wag mo na i-modify..keep it stock lang..tapos pa-set mo lang sa gunsmith..hehehe..
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 01:36:53 PM by markLAKANDULA »

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2012, 01:35:25 PM »
Believe it or not, the more expensive, higher end shotguns have less recoil.  But like what was previously said, it's just a matter of getting comfortable with your gun. As the U.S. Marine's My Rifle Creed goes: "This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless."  :-P

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2012, 01:41:44 PM »

ang armscor less than 15k lang..plus license.. :-D

may nakita ako nagbebenta sa sulit ng armscor shotgun,9k lang plus license.. :-D

kung pang bahay lang,wag mo na i-modify..keep it stock lang..tapos pa-set mo lang sa gunsmith..hehehe..

thanks bro! pag bumili ba ako sa dealer, sila na din ang maglalakad for my license or kailangan ko talaga ng personal appearance? hindi naman ako mag-apply for PTC eh.  :)

Believe it or not, the more expensive, higher end shotguns have less recoil.  But like what was previously said, it's just a matter of getting comfortable with your gun. As the U.S. Marine's My Rifle Creed goes: "This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless."  :-P

the sooner i can get myself in a firing range, the better for me. parang GAS lang ito, start from basic.  :)

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2012, 01:55:40 PM »
Kung shotgun naman ang kukunin mo e talagang hindi mo kailangan ng PTC. Para kang Teminator nun.  :lol: J/K

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2012, 01:57:07 PM »
Kung shotgun naman ang kukunin mo e talagang hindi mo kailangan ng PTC. Para kang Teminator nun.  :lol: J/K

oo nga naman.  :lol: halatang beginner lang talaga.  :money:

Offline markLAKANDULA

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2012, 05:16:04 PM »
thanks bro! pag bumili ba ako sa dealer, sila na din ang maglalakad for my license or kailangan ko talaga ng personal appearance? hindi naman ako mag-apply for PTC eh.  :)

the sooner i can get myself in a firing range, the better for me. parang GAS lang ito, start from basic.  :)

pero kung ako sayo,kumuha ka na lang ng pistol at mag apply ka PTC para dun..para kahit asan ka dala mo,kung kukuha ka naman ng shotgun for home defense at wala ka rin dun at sau nakapangalan..di rin nila pwede gamitin un,kasong maliwanag un..kea da best pa din ang pistol,tapos hundreds of rounds sa range..better kung thousands para magamay mo ng husto..

Offline markLAKANDULA

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2012, 05:22:56 PM »
kung sino gusto mag firing dito pwede tayo sa tough guys cubao..member ako dun,para libre na range fee at discounted na ung bala na gagamitin nio.. :)

Offline rocker4ever

« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2012, 09:16:04 PM »
set mo bro mark.... :)
sama ako...sa erod ito diba?

Offline markLAKANDULA

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2012, 12:42:07 AM »
set mo bro mark.... :)
sama ako...sa erod ito diba?

ndi papi..liberty street corner 5th street sa cubao..hehehe..taga san kaba tol?PM mo nalang sakin number mo..

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2012, 03:24:01 AM »
So dyan ba sa Pilipinas eh iba pa ang license at permit to carry? Kung pupunta kang gun range galing sa bahay, kailangan pa na may PTC? Ano ang sakop ng PTC? Kung papunta ka sa range at may errand in between na kailangan mong gawin, kailangan bang iwan sa sasakyan ang baril o pwedeng dalhin in your person dahil may PTC?

Dito kasi sa States, meron lang akong Handgun Safety Certificate na good for 5 years. Hindi ko kailangan ang PTC kung bahay to range lang. Pero bawal ang huminto for errand in between. Tsaka kung, God forbid, na nagamit ng isa sa pamilya ko ang baril na nakapangalan sa akin in self-defense sa loob ng pamamahay namin eh hindi magiging kaso yun. Also, hindi kailangan ng lisensya o permit para sa rifle.

Offline markLAKANDULA

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2012, 12:45:24 PM »
So dyan ba sa Pilipinas eh iba pa ang license at permit to carry? Kung pupunta kang gun range galing sa bahay, kailangan pa na may PTC? Ano ang sakop ng PTC? Kung papunta ka sa range at may errand in between na kailangan mong gawin, kailangan bang iwan sa sasakyan ang baril o pwedeng dalhin in your person dahil may PTC?

Dito kasi sa States, meron lang akong Handgun Safety Certificate na good for 5 years. Hindi ko kailangan ang PTC kung bahay to range lang. Pero bawal ang huminto for errand in between. Tsaka kung, God forbid, na nagamit ng isa sa pamilya ko ang baril na nakapangalan sa akin in self-defense sa loob ng pamamahay namin eh hindi magiging kaso yun. Also, hindi kailangan ng lisensya o permit para sa rifle.

bukod po sir,one license per gun..pag may PTC po kahit san po pwede dalhin..ako po lagi nasa bag FA ko or inside the waistband..round chambered,hammer down pero naka ambi safety..pag bahay to range lang po,pwede na ung PTT(permit to travel)pwede po magdala hanggang 500rounds ng ammo..pero dapat po nakahiwalay ang baril sa magazine,at hiwalay din po ung ammo..sa PTC po hanggang 50rounds lang ang pwede dalhin na ammo.. :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 12:47:14 PM by markLAKANDULA »

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2012, 01:17:33 PM »
bukod po sir,one license per gun..pag may PTC po kahit san po pwede dalhin..ako po lagi nasa bag FA ko or inside the waistband..round chambered,hammer down pero naka ambi safety..pag bahay to range lang po,pwede na ung PTT(permit to travel)pwede po magdala hanggang 500rounds ng ammo..pero dapat po nakahiwalay ang baril sa magazine,at hiwalay din po ung ammo..sa PTC po hanggang 50rounds lang ang pwede dalhin na ammo.. :)

iba pa ba ang permit to travel sa license bro? so pag may license yung FA ko, hindi ko din pwede dalhin sa range kung wala akong PTT?

Offline markLAKANDULA

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2012, 01:28:04 PM »
iba pa ba ang permit to travel sa license bro? so pag may license yung FA ko, hindi ko din pwede dalhin sa range kung wala akong PTT?

TUMPAK! at pag nahuli ka..illegal possession of firearms agad..kung wala ka PTT o PTC..pwede mo lang ilabas ang baril mo hanggang 50 meters mula sa bahay mo..

EDIT:

nung wala pa kami PTT dati o PTC..LnL lang gamit ko..(Lakas ng Loob)hahahahaha
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 02:25:33 PM by markLAKANDULA »

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2012, 01:43:46 PM »
TUMPAK! at pag nahuli ka..illegal possession of firearms agad..kung wala ka PTT o PTC..pwede mo lang ilabas ang baril mo hanggang 50 meters mula sa bahay mo..

thanks bro! dami ko natututunan dito.  :-D

Offline markLAKANDULA

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2012, 01:58:15 PM »
thanks bro! dami ko natututunan dito.  :-D

glad to help sir.. :)

Offline markLAKANDULA

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2012, 07:19:29 PM »
UPDATE:

Offline belzer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #124 on: April 25, 2012, 01:16:29 AM »
sabi na nga ba't may ganitong thread din dito sa PM!  :-D

seriously, with the recent events happening in the compound where my wife and i live, i'm thinking of getting some protection for our home. 4 incidents na may pinapasok sa mga kapitbahay namin - with the last 2 done within a span of 5 days. we are going to form a home owners association soon and probably get a security guard but i still want to be assured that i can defend on my own if the need arises. my wife is pregnant and i don't want to take any chances.

why do you say that shotguns are the best for home protection? mga how much kaya ang budget for a basic shotgun? i'm actually looking into getting a pistol lang. siguro 9mm or .40 but nabasa ko dito na shotgun ang best for my purpose.

thanks in advance!  :)

bro get a mossberg shotgun, for me it's the next best thing to benelli..as far as I can remember mga 50k meron ka na...then get a high capacity .40, pag CQC kasi mas madali gamitin handgun for me..or get something shorter than a shotgun like uzi or mp5..imagine kung hide and seek play kayo ng bad guy mas madali ka makikita pag mahaba dala mo gawa ng shadow...anyway, mahalaga may bubunutin ka hehehehe! a norinco AK47 pala costs 45k php lang mas nakakatakot yon kaysa shotgun choose the right ammo na lang to make sure na wala kang madadamay na di dapat madamay pag ginamit mo sa scenario...  :-D

price reference

SHOTGUNS   

Akkar   Altay semi 18" Semi-Auto .12ga   Synthetic Blue   5+1   PHP 21,000
Akkar   Altay Competition Semi-Auto   .12ga   Synthetic Blue   5+1   PHP 25,000
Akkar   Altay Gold Semi-Auto   .12ga   Synthetic Blue   5+1   PHP 32,000
Altay Tactical Semi-Auto Pistolized Grip   .12ga   Synthetic Blue   5+1   PHP 32,200
Akkar   Altay Taktik Semi Auto Folding Stock   .12ga   Synthetic Blue   5+1   PHP 26,000
Akkar   Karatay competition, Pump action, Synthetic   .12ga   blue   8+1   PHP 17,500
Churchill Hunting   .12ga    PHP 42,500
Akkar   Karatay Competition Pump Action   .12ga   blue   6+1   PHP 17,600
Akkar   Karatay Magnum pistol Grip   .12ga   blue   5+1   PHP 15,300
Akkar   Karatay Magnum pistol Grip   .12ga   blue   6+1   PHP 16,500
Akkar   Karatay Magnum Combo Pump Action, Syn   .12ga   blue    PHP 16,500
Akkar   Karatay Terminator Pistol Grip   .12ga   blue   4+1   PHP 19,200
Akkar   Karatay Mariner Pump Action Synthetic Stock   .12ga   blue    PHP 16,800
Akkar   Karatay Taktik Pump Action Folding Stock   .12ga   blue    PHP 16,500
Akkar   Karatay Tactical Pump Action Pistol Grip   .12ga   blue   8+1   PHP 21,600
Akkar   Komanchi 20 Polymer Stock Vent rib   .20ga   Polymer    PHP 26,000
Akkar   Komanchi 28 Camo Hardwood HD   .20ga   Camo    PHP 35,000

Remington   Model 870 TM Wingmaster 28* RT LC   .12ga    PHP 57,000
Remington   Model 870 Express, Synthetic 18*   .12ga    6   PHP 34,000
Remington   Model 870 28* Express, Synthetic   .12ga    4   PHP 32,500
Remington   Model 870 18* Express TACTICAL   .12ga    PHP 42,600
Remington   Model 870 TAC-2 SpecOps Stock   .12ga    6   PHP 58,000
Remington   Model 887 SPS Super Mag   .12ga    PHP 34,000
Remington   Model 1100 TAC TM Competition Master 22* Syn   .12ga    PHP 91,000
Remington   Model 1100 TAC-4   .12ga   Matte Black    PHP 78,800
Remington   Model 1100 TAC-2   .12ga    PHP 73,300
Remington   SPR453 SC4   .12ga    PHP 38,500
Remington   SPR310   .12ga    PHP 50,000
Remington   SPR310S Over & Under SC-4 VT-P SST   .12ga   Nickel    PHP 60,000
Remington   Premier Filed Over & Under Provore VT 28*   .12ga    PHP 162,000
Remington   SPR310 Over & Under SC-4 VT SST   .12ga   Nickel    PHP 50,000
Remington   SPR310 Over & Under IM/FL VT SST   .12ga    PHP 52,600

Rexio   R150 15"   .12ga   Blue   5+1   PHP 25,000
Rexio   R185 18.5"   .12ga   Blue   5+1   PHP 26,000

Armscor   M30R8   .12ga   blue   6+1   PHP 15,900
Armscor   M30R6   .12ga   blue   4+1   PHP 15,300
Armscor   M30Di/C   .12ga   blue   4+1   PHP 17,500
Armscor   M30FS   .12ga   blue   4+1   PHP 16,500
Armscor   M30SAS   .12ga   blue   6+1   PHP 17,500
Armscor   M30BG   .12ga   blue   4+1   PHP 13,900

Hatsan   Escort Aimguards Standard   .12ga   blue   7+1   PHP 21,800
Hatsan   Escort Aimguards Pistol grip   .12ga   blue   5+1   PHP 19,100
Hatsan    Standard Semi- Auto   .12ga   blue   7+1   PHP 27,800
Hatsan   Folding Stock Semi-Auto   .12ga   blue   7+1   PHP 31,300

Norinco   JW2005F shotgun folding Stock   .12ga    PHP14,500
Norinco   JW2005B shotgun butt Stock   .12ga    PHP 15,500
Norinco   JW2000 double barrel   .12ga    PHP 14,000
Norinco   YL12-1J4 butt stock shotgun w/ sling   .12ga    5   PHP 13,500
Norinco   YL-12-1JZ side folding stock   .12ga    PHP 14,500

PZP   Mossberg   M590 Special Purpose    9   PHP 55,000
Mossberg   M590 Mariner    9   PHP 45,000
Mossberg   M50GA Persuader 18.5* (USA)   12GA    6   PHP 30,000

Benelli   M1 S90 Camo 26* Int. (Italy)   12ga   Camo    PHP 97,000
Benelli   M2 APG HD cal. 12. 26* (Italy)   12ga    PHP 127,000
Benelli   M2 APG HD cal. 20. 26* (Italy)   20ga    PHP 127,000
Benelli   M2 Black 26* Int Choke Comfortech Stock (Italy)   12ga    PHP 122,000
Benelli   M3 Black 26* Int Choke Standard Stock (Italy)   12ga    PHP 122,000
Benelli   M3 Kromo 26* Int. Choke Standard Stock (Italy)   12ga    PHP 132,000
Benelli   M4 S90 18.5* Telesc Stock Int choke I. Tube (Italy)   12ga    PHP 137,000
Benelli   Montefeltro Comfort 28* IC (Italy)   12ga    PHP 112,000
Benelli   Rafaello Crio 28GA 26* MC (Italy)   28ga    PHP 150,000
Benelli   Rafaello Crio Comfort 26* MC (Italy)   12ga    PHP 140,000
Benelli   Rafaello Crio Comfort 26* MC (Italy)   12ga    PHP 140,000
Benelli   Rafaello Crio Evo 28* MC (Italy)   12ga    PHP 167,000
Benelli   Super Black Eagle 2 Camo APG Comfort 26* IC (Italy)   12ga    PHP 147,000
Benelli   Super Black Eagle 2 Camo Max-4Comfort 26* IC(Italy)   12ga    PHP 147,000
Benelli   Supernova Black 26* MC Comfortech (Italy)   12ga    PHP 54,000
Benelli   Supernova Camo Max-4 26* MC Comfortech (Italy)   20ga    PHP 57,000
Benelli   Supersport 28* Int ChokeMC Comfortech stock(Italy)   12ga    PHP 162,000

Franchi   620 Grifone 61 lck M (Italy)   20GA    PHP 92,000
Franchi   712 Raptor SI 66 lck M (Italy)   12GA    PHP 87,000
Franchi   912 Variomax 28* lck SM Camo TB (Italy)   12GA    PHP 97,000
Franchi   Alcion Titanium 12/28* 2BBL Set 20/26 (Italy)   12/20GA    PHP 162,000
Franchi   Privilledge White Gold 66 lck M (Italy)   12GA    PHP 97,000
Franchi   Renaisaance Classic 20G 28* TSA ICK SA USB (Italy)   20GA    PHP 97,000
Franchi   Renaisaance Field 12G/28/3/O&U (Italy)   12GA    PHP 92,000

Saiga   12C (Russia)   12GA    5 or 7   PHP 67,000
Saiga   12K (Russia)   12GA    5 or7   PHP 67,000

Tomahawk   SA1800 Semi Automatic (Turkey)   12GA    4+1   PHP 18,000
Tomahawk   SA1800 Semi Automatic (Turkey)    7+1   PHP 21,500
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 01:30:14 AM by belzer »