hulika

Author Topic: Behringer XENYX 1222FX - need your inputs if this is OK!  (Read 3709 times)

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
Behringer XENYX 1222FX - need your inputs if this is OK!
« on: November 14, 2006, 05:36:26 AM »

http://www.behringer.com/1222FX/index.cfm?lang=ENG - product info

comments naman po to this item. planning to get one eh and dispose my Alesis Multimix Firewire to my cousins studio.
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Behringer XENYX 1222FX - need your inputs if this is OK!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 09:20:47 AM »
ayos... tnx

sir KitC paki delete na lang po tong thread. just read some articles na this mixer is aint worth it.

tnx po

Offline bindoy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 10:01:55 AM »
sirs, nakakalungkot nga e kasi base sa mga BAD reviews from different forums  :-o...ang sama sama ng dating ng behringer(all products) sa ibang bansa...i've read sa ibang threads na sa isang europe na bansa, banned/discontinued ung products nila dahil sa sobrang sama ng quality nga po...known nga daw talaga sila na "sacrifice sound/quality over the price" :roll:

kakabili ko pa naman din ng xenyx 1204..huhu. :roll:
ROCK WITH GOD!!!

ROMANS 1:16 DI PALALAMPASIN Mtvon Youtube: CLICK here>>> Di Palalampasin

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 10:38:13 AM »
ok naman actually mga behringer mixers pero ang TALO lang talaga eh USB lang sya. kung may firewire lang talaga ang behringer mag behringer ako :)

Offline dequi09

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 11:08:41 AM »
Meron separate na gamit for firewire connection ang Behringer visit mo to:

http://www.behringer.com/FCA202/index.cfm?lang=ENG

yung mga xenyx series mixers nya ay may bundled na UCA 100 USB connector..

May choice ka na ibang mixer then gumamit ng FCA 202 ng Behringer

By next week I'm going to purchase ALTO AMX 120 mixer then bili din ako ng UCA 202 ng Behringer..

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might. For in the grave, where you are going, there is neither working, nor planning, nor knowledge, nor wisdom"  - Ecclesiastes 9:10

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 11:39:53 AM »
sir ok na po ako... ill stick with my alesis firewire.

alesis multimix 12 firewire ko yun na lalagay sa studio ng cousin ko then 8 multimix firewire na lang sa home recording ko :)

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 12:27:41 PM »

I'll take it if you give it cheap :D.

Saka kayo naman...at the price Behringer charges, something's got to give...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 12:30:04 PM by BAMF »
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline dequi09

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 12:32:10 PM »

I'll take it if you give it cheap :D.

Saka kayo naman...at the price Behringer charges, something's got to give...

Correct!
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might. For in the grave, where you are going, there is neither working, nor planning, nor knowledge, nor wisdom"  - Ecclesiastes 9:10

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 12:36:38 PM »
I don't think there's a need to delete this thread. Just ignore the flames.

alesis multimix 12 firewire ko yun na lalagay sa studio ng cousin ko then 8 multimix firewire na lang sa home recording ko :)

Firewire is good. I guess usb is cheaper that's why Behri insists on using outmoded usb 1.1 interfaces. Behris also typically have a dearth of routing and bus options on their mixers. Jepoy, what FW interface do you use with your Alesis? Onboard? And how are the drivers treating you?
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 01:13:52 PM »
Hope that was not me. No flaming meant :D

It's just that in the final analysis, Behringer fills a niche...those not too conscious of how smooth the faders slide, those who are low on budget, home recording buffs who don't have much money, those who go for "okay na rin"...

Maybe one can think of behringer as the corolla of the audio industry, with everyone else being the Lexus, Mercedes, Jaguars etc. Some people can take compromise...others don't. And then it again goes down to value for money. Is the price difference worth the aural difference ?

Maybe I haven't heard better, but my Behringer MIC200 sounds very good for the measly price I paid for it. And my Behringer GDI21 is one of the best pedals I've heard (tone-suck notwithstanding, had to mod it) for the money.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline Agent_So

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2006, 01:21:07 PM »
well at first look ang behringer ay parang work of art.. parang maraming functions.. pero if you compare it sa good mixers.. malalaman mo na it really lacks functions,headroom, inputs etc..... at first namangha rin ako sa behringer mixers.. but as i was reviewing and researching, sayang lang talaga ang pera mo dito..

@sir BAMF

dont worry your not the bad guy... just someone is using my statements.. thanks for linking it to my thread though...  :-D
Solemn Harmony Studio
Blk-1, Lot-7, Diamond St., Silverhomes Classic, Perpetual Village 7, Bacoor, Cavite. CELL: 0915-492-2800 (Premier,Peavey,Hartke,Mackie,JBL,Shure,DBX,Zoom)

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2006, 01:50:09 PM »
I don't think there's a need to delete this thread. Just ignore the flames.

Firewire is good. I guess usb is cheaper that's why Behri insists on using outmoded usb 1.1 interfaces. Behris also typically have a dearth of routing and bus options on their mixers. Jepoy, what FW interface do you use with your Alesis? Onboard? And how are the drivers treating you?

sir i use the onboard FW of my DFI or the FW of my Audigy. works fine naman sir so far wala naman ako naging drivers issues

It's just that in the final analysis, Behringer fills a niche...those not too conscious of how smooth the faders slide, those who are low on budget, home recording buffs who don't have much money, those who go for "okay na rin"...

Maybe one can think of behringer as the corolla of the audio industry, with everyone else being the Lexus, Mercedes, Jaguars etc. Some people can take compromise...others don't. And then it again goes down to value for money. Is the price difference worth the aural difference ?

Maybe I haven't heard better, but my Behringer MIC200 sounds very good for the measly price I paid for it. And my Behringer GDI21 is one of the best pedals I've heard (tone-suck notwithstanding, had to mod it) for the money.

i agree with sir BAMF at first naka UB1204 mixer ako. it does the works naman kahit papano. here are some pics of my old setup http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,17408.60.html nung naka analog inputs pa ako going thru my Audigy

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2006, 02:27:30 PM »

Hardly, BAMF. Open discussion is always welcome here, but trolling and stalking aren't; that's where I draw the line. By my standards, trolling and flaming are positively GAYISH! It would be best to just ignore trolls.

Agent_So/windtunnel: If you guys have a beef against one another, It would be best if you take it outside of the Philmusic forums. Consider this as a LAST warning.

Going back to topic.

Jepoy, it's good you're having success with the Audigy's FW port. Creative has mentioned that it isn't specifically for audio use but it looks like you are the exception. Congrats also on your success with the Alesis drivers inspite of the horror stories I read online.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2006, 02:29:05 PM »
i agree with sir BAMF at first naka UB1204 mixer ako. it does the works naman kahit papano. here are some pics of my old setup http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,17408.60.html nung naka analog inputs pa ako going thru my Audigy

Let's see the updated setup with the Emu!

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2006, 05:14:22 PM »
Jepoy, it's good you're having success with the Audigy's FW port. Creative has mentioned that it isn't specifically for audio use but it looks like you are the exception. Congrats also on your success with the Alesis drivers inspite of the horror stories I read online.

thank you bossing! :)
peace!

OT: sir penge naman link ng tips on rewiring on ASIO using cubase and alesis if theres any baka may dapat pa akong malaman eh. tnx