hulika

Author Topic: PALAGUIN NATIN AT PALAKASIN ANG REGGAE D2 SA MANILA  (Read 14332 times)

Offline schindigista

PALAGUIN NATIN AT PALAKASIN ANG REGGAE D2 SA MANILA
« on: October 24, 2009, 03:13:42 PM »
LETS SPREAD POSITIVE RASTAMAN VIBRATION PALAGUIN NATIN AT PALAKASIN ANG REGGAE D2 SA MANILA,TULONG TULONG TAYO  TXT ME 09272016696

Offline cofibreyk

• Forum Fanatic
Re: PALAGUIN NATIN AT PALAKASIN ANG REGGAE D2 SA MANILA
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 01:12:39 PM »
sir, magkano isang kilo?

Offline nichteque

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 08:30:39 PM »
walang silbi ang paglawak kung hindi ito kasabay ng paglalim.

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 10:39:02 AM »
walang silbi ang paglawak kung hindi ito kasabay ng paglalim.

kahit ayaw ko sana gawin kasi minsan pampadami ng post etong ganitong gawain,gagawin ko na din:

plus 1 ako dyan sir.hahaha

i mean come on,the scene has always been there mga sirs.the reggae scene has already "crossed over" the mainstrean side that now almost everyone, even in farflung provinces like mine which is the very deep north(cagayan) you find "rastas" and reggae heads ready to sing from marleys greatest hits and quote them as well on their friendster.
i know it may be hard for you sir schindigista,but the reggae scene needs a little substance thrown in.ok yang madami kau,but then again strength thru numbers is not strength at all if the foundations are not there.
believe you me,i have also harbored trying to organize as such.franco,rondogg and other people in the forum has also the intent to do that.but then again the scene or the movement is strong,but it is only as strong as its weakest link.which is my way of saying let them grow the dreads,smoke the ganja and be all that [gooey brown stuff].but back it up with knowledge,research.
the movement is alive thru coffebreak island,skabeche,shuffle union etc.the reggae and ska movement is as strong as ever thru these bands,thru their records and their performances which go beyond the usual reggae fare.they back it up with the knowledge,the experience and the respect for the musical form we love.
I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 10:40:55 AM »
sir, magkano isang kilo?

dalawahin mo na dre.tas hithitin natin habang suot natin ang marley shirt na binili ng nanay natin.nay penge pambili ng ganja!hehehe.

musta na idol?
I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

Offline chitoprogbassslap25

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 11:38:55 PM »
Dread like a Dreads! :mrgreen:
:D Philmusic/Subsonic/Thebassplace/

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 05:02:04 AM »

Completely.

Offline cky

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 10:27:53 AM »
Dread like a Dreads! :mrgreen:

:?
explain please... :-D

@baki?...san ka sa cagayan?...tga aparri ako...hehe...

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 01:33:00 AM »

:?
explain please... :-D

@baki?...san ka sa cagayan?...tga aparri ako...hehe...

umuuwi ako sa alcala.actually umuuwi ako dun almot every week like now.kilala ko si unknownsoldier dude.

Completely.

Offline cky

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 07:54:29 AM »
ow....kabanda ko dati yun sa aparri...highskool...ayon..share lang...OT na...

anyway nandito ako sa baguio at madaming reggae dito...sadly, hindi ganun kaextensive yung pinaggagagawa nila...i don't know if you know what i mean...mejo masalimuot lang...  :oops:

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 10:42:01 PM »
wala yun nasabi ko lang  yun. .  :lol: hehehehe. High kasi ako nung na Post ko yun . .hehehe sensya na mga bro. .  :-D

Offline dread@thecontrol

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 12:08:53 AM »
wala yun nasabi ko lang  yun. .  :lol: hehehehe. High kasi ako nung na Post ko yun . .hehehe sensya na mga bro. .  :-D

Eh di itigil mo na yang kahihithit mo. Di mo pala kayang dalhin ang tama eh  :?
"WORD, SOUND AND POWER"

Offline cky

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 08:08:20 AM »

responsibility...

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 11:35:37 AM »
Pasensya na mga pre!  :lol:

Offline schindigista

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 01:15:37 PM »
 Agree! Tama kayo jan mga sir  :mrgreen: :-D

Offline pcalmaden

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2010, 09:44:13 AM »
Woi ngayon ko lang nakita to post nato. I was advised to start a new topic but I'd like to revive this thread that started okay. I like the topic which is to enrich the Reggae scene here in Manila. Guys wala "NANG" reggae bar dito. Paurong ang eksena ng Reggae dito sa Manila, while it is prospering in the South.

To start of, I propose an EB.

PLease post after me to revive this thread. Thanks!
we also sell puto and other kakanin

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 07:57:59 PM »
Woi ngayon ko lang nakita to post nato. I was advised to start a new topic but I'd like to revive this thread that started okay. I like the topic which is to enrich the Reggae scene here in Manila. Guys wala "NANG" reggae bar dito. Paurong ang eksena ng Reggae dito sa Manila, while it is prospering in the South.

To start of, I propose an EB.

PLease post after me to revive this thread. Thanks!

a reggae band doesnt have to be in a reggae bar.ditto for metal bands,hardcore bands,punk and ska bands.

quantity over quality issue.as far as i know, there are a lot of reggae/ska bands here in manila.the ska scene just to drive home the point is thriving here, albeit not as usual as before but nonetheless its there.
it may have to do with manila being the center of the rat race and cebu/south as well,vacation hotspots.musicians in ska and reggae bands here cant just play reggae or ska, they also have to work hence visibility is somewhat under the radar.i can assure you however that its there, i am one of those who organize monthly reggae and ska and oi gigs here in manila.

palakasin?its already strong just support it and you will be supported as well.as long as your intentions are pure.nuff said.

Completely.

Offline pcalmaden

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 07:33:59 PM »
a reggae band doesnt have to be in a reggae bar.ditto for metal bands,hardcore bands,punk and ska bands.

quantity over quality issue.as far as i know, there are a lot of reggae/ska bands here in manila.the ska scene just to drive home the point is thriving here, albeit not as usual as before but nonetheless its there.
it may have to do with manila being the center of the rat race and cebu/south as well,vacation hotspots.musicians in ska and reggae bands here cant just play reggae or ska, they also have to work hence visibility is somewhat under the radar.i can assure you however that its there, i am one of those who organize monthly reggae and ska and oi gigs here in manila.

palakasin?its already strong just support it and you will be supported as well.as long as your intentions are pure.nuff said.

Wow, that's great senyor. Count us in when you organize your next monthly reggae gig. Thanks for assuring me that it is very much alive despite it being under the radar. :)

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 02:29:54 PM »

Wow, that's great senyor. Count us in when you organize your next monthly reggae gig. Thanks for assuring me that it is very much alive despite it being under the radar. :)

sure why not?what the name of your band?

Completely.

Offline pcalmaden

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 10:23:47 PM »
One Drop Joint  :-)

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2010, 10:54:55 AM »
One Drop Joint  :-)

ill post gigs here in the forum.yung mga naunang mga nag popost dito sa reggae and ska ay nawala na,sina rondogg,franco etc.kami yung unang mga tao dito na nag uusap regarding how to make the scene stronger etc.mga discussion na dapat pinagtutuunan ng pansin.music is a vehicle for people to express, but sometimes dami din nag papa impress.the reggae scene here in pinas has been fashion instead of passion.di ko naman mapupulahan mga dreadies and ites wearing people, pwede namna kasi yun.kaso dagdagan ng kaalaman,wag lang puro porma.
may mga institution na din dito like dread@thecontrol, i believe si papadom yan who helps people here to get enlightenment.
what im saying is, its not how many bands or shows we put out, its how many people understand the concept. the idea.sayang naman kung puro porma lang,sabi nga ng isang clash song:

The new groups are not concerned
With what there is to be learned
They got Burton suits, ha you think it's funny
Turning rebellion into money

hehe.

Completely.

Offline pcalmaden

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2010, 01:15:17 PM »
ill post gigs here in the forum.yung mga naunang mga nag popost dito sa reggae and ska ay nawala na,sina rondogg,franco etc.kami yung unang mga tao dito na nag uusap regarding how to make the scene stronger etc.mga discussion na dapat pinagtutuunan ng pansin.music is a vehicle for people to express, but sometimes dami din nag papa impress.the reggae scene here in pinas has been fashion instead of passion.di ko naman mapupulahan mga dreadies and ites wearing people, pwede namna kasi yun.kaso dagdagan ng kaalaman,wag lang puro porma.
may mga institution na din dito like dread@thecontrol, i believe si papadom yan who helps people here to get enlightenment.
what im saying is, its not how many bands or shows we put out, its how many people understand the concept. the idea.sayang naman kung puro porma lang,sabi nga ng isang clash song:

The new groups are not concerned
With what there is to be learned
They got Burton suits, ha you think it's funny
Turning rebellion into money

hehe.

Haha, I will have to say Amen to that senyor. That, is the sad and plain truth. I guess I need not emphasize your thoughts about those band who, like you said, put off Reggae as fashion instead of passion. It's true that Reggae music is more than just dreads and  bright colors.

It's sad that some of the people you mentioned aren't much active anymore, but I'm glad I met someone who share the same sentiment with me. Me and my band would be more than happy to be a part of your gigs.

Thank you

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2010, 12:01:35 AM »
Haha, I will have to say Amen to that senyor. That, is the sad and plain truth. I guess I need not emphasize your thoughts about those band who, like you said, put off Reggae as fashion instead of passion. It's true that Reggae music is more than just dreads and  bright colors.

It's sad that some of the people you mentioned aren't much active anymore, but I'm glad I met someone who share the same sentiment with me. Me and my band would be more than happy to be a part of your gigs.

Thank you

i guess pictures wont lie:

marcos cronies

the mighty contras

uknams(haha shameless plug)

Completely.

Offline shavo06

• Netizen Level
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2010, 09:10:05 PM »
pag-ibig lang!!! dapat good vibes lang lahat ng reggae sa manila, wala nang away away. kung totoo ngang "one love" ang pinaniniwalaan natin, suportahan lang lage!

apir!

Offline kimosgroove

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2011, 11:22:42 AM »
malago ang eksena sa manila kailangan lang natin suportahan