hulika

Author Topic: D&D Custom Guitars thread  (Read 5756 times)

Offline zappaforever

• Philmusicus Noobitus
D&D Custom Guitars thread
« on: December 15, 2013, 04:11:30 PM »
Good afternoon everyone. I was just wondering if any of you have tried D&D's electric guitar DC line? I've seen a few guys on Youtube play it and it sounds good to my ears. I also posted a link to D&D's website for pictures and a detailed description of the DC line.

http://www.dd-customguitars.com/products/electric-guitars

More questions provided below.

1. Is D&D a better alternative to RJ for folks who want to buy local?

2. Any news when Manuel Legarda's Line from D&D will be sold at music stores? Based on the pictures I saw from D&D's Facebook page, the ML line looks promising.

3. Are you better off buying D&D's DC line (12,500 php last time I checked lazer) compared to foreign entry level models like Yamaha's Pacifica and Fender Squire (both of which cost 1-2k php more than the D&D guitar).

Offline Stratfire

Re: D&D Custom Guitars thread
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 04:47:44 PM »
I played around with the old models, didn't like em, the hardware and pups felt and sounded cheap.(since they really are, no offense. but im sure a good set up would have fixed it).  :-) also, the aesthetics werent my style. the new models look cool tho, cant wait to try em out. manuel legarda's personal guitar is probably heavily modded too.
Got any fitness or supplement related questions? PM me.

Offline zappaforever

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 02:49:25 AM »
By old models do you mean the DC-1 line?

Also, would you recommend someone with the budget for a D&D electric guitar to purchase a foreign brand instead? The Yamaha Pacifica, Ibanez GIO series and Squire Strat come to mind.

Offline Stratfire

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 07:10:32 AM »
By old models do you mean the DC-1 line?

Also, would you recommend someone with the budget for a D&D electric guitar to purchase a foreign brand instead? The Yamaha Pacifica, Ibanez GIO series and Squire Strat come to mind.

yeah the dc-1 series. anyway, if I had that budget I would go for a foreign brand with a more standard design(squier strat/tele), since i dont really dig DnD's designs. i saw some squier california strats over on guitar pushers page and i think they look sexy. with a bit of set up and pup replacement, i bet those can play and sound nice too.

anyway, just try all of those out if you can, and pick the one that feels best for you. kaya naman i remedy ng set up sa magaling na luthier yan. ;)

alternatively, you could just save a bit more, and hunt the classifieds for a second hand mim Fender, or a Tokai/Fernandes. Ive seen some go for as low as 14-16k.  if you dont mind buying used, to me, this is the best option.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 07:18:35 AM by Stratfire »

Offline zappaforever

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 03:44:37 PM »
yeah the dc-1 series. anyway, if I had that budget I would go for a foreign brand with a more standard design(squier strat/tele), since i dont really dig DnD's designs. i saw some squier california strats over on guitar pushers page and i think they look sexy. with a bit of set up and pup replacement, i bet those can play and sound nice too.

anyway, just try all of those out if you can, and pick the one that feels best for you. kaya naman i remedy ng set up sa magaling na luthier yan. ;)

alternatively, you could just save a bit more, and hunt the classifieds for a second hand mim Fender, or a Tokai/Fernandes. Ive seen some go for as low as 14-16k.  if you dont mind buying used, to me, this is the best option.

Thanks for the in depth reply, it's really helpful for a newbie like myself.

I'll check out D&D's warehouse sale this week though, 50% off on their electric and acoustic guitars. I could save money that way and spend it on a nice amp. Poster of the 50% sale below.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 03:47:42 PM by zappaforever »

Offline Stratfire

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 05:00:34 PM »
ayun sakto may sale. pwedeng pwede na yan dahil yung ma ssave mong cash, apart from an amp, you can also spend it on new pick ups.(there are some good seymour duncans/dimarzios floating around here for like 2-3.5k)  :wink: sana kasama sa sale yung bagong legarda line up nila. pero malamang pang clear out ng old stocks yan to make room for the new line up haha.

Offline zappaforever

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 05:45:24 PM »
ayun sakto may sale. pwedeng pwede na yan dahil yung ma ssave mong cash, apart from an amp, you can also spend it on new pick ups.(there are some good seymour duncans/dimarzios floating around here for like 2-3.5k)  :wink: sana kasama sa sale yung bagong legarda line up nila. pero malamang pang clear out ng old stocks yan to make room for the new line up haha.

Sabi ng salesman nung tinawagan ko sila, sa January pa daw lalabas yung legarda line. Yung astig pa, mas mura pa daw nila ipriprice yung Legarda line kaysa sa DC1 at DC2. Mga 10k below daw ang balak nila.

Offline Stratfire

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 09:08:09 PM »
Sabi ng salesman nung tinawagan ko sila, sa January pa daw lalabas yung legarda line. Yung astig pa, mas mura pa daw nila ipriprice yung Legarda line kaysa sa DC1 at DC2. Mga 10k below daw ang balak nila.

kaya mo ba antayin yung legarda line? para di ka magsisi haha. pero alam ko din yung feeling na excited bumili lalo na pag na GAS  :drool:

Offline zappaforever

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 11:03:46 PM »
Yun nga eh. Parang worth it hintayin kasi ang ganda ng itsura. Hay buhayz...

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 07:22:39 AM »

may naka-try na ba ng Majeste nila?
Kahit na nasasaktan, Hindi pa rin mahindian

Offline jake z

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 08:47:59 AM »

may naka-try na ba ng Majeste nila?

jindi ba seperate line ang majeste sa dnd? parang sa namm lang sila lumabas. I saw some videos from the gents from typecast trying them out.

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 08:50:29 AM »
jindi ba seperate line ang majeste sa dnd? parang sa namm lang sila lumabas. I saw some videos from the gents from typecast trying them out.

alam ko under dnd pa din Majeste
Kahit na nasasaktan, Hindi pa rin mahindian

Offline jake z

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 09:00:34 AM »

based from the pictures and namm videos, fluence yung gamit nila na pickups which for me seals the deal. With the designs naman, it looks ok.

Offline robinonibor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2018, 09:09:01 AM »
bumili utol ko ng Django Jr.
superb quality for the price.. ayos din ang pickup..
tried the dnd strat.. pickup quality : no.. neck : good feel.. comfy.. not that bad..

Offline Sardonyx

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2018, 05:37:03 AM »

Ang alam ko a Majeste guitar/Bass guitar costs around 100k+.....
Molṑn labé