hulika

Author Topic: Rico Blanco Or Bamboo Maņalac  (Read 49012 times)

Offline peternosyaj

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Rico Blanco Or Bamboo Maņalac
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2006, 12:58:29 AM »
ahahah yehey!!!! akala ko ako lang un nkarealize nun astig dream team ng rivermaya, hehehe mciado kc eheads un era na un although mgaling din tlga cla pro pagdating sa technicality ng mga songs and arrangement rivermaya rules...:) hehehe wla lang what if those 5 were still together until now...tsk tsk nkakakilabot sobra...hehehe kya cguro hindi hinayaan mangyari ni god..hhehehe those guys kahit kanya kanya na, still rocks in their own ways...peace .. :)

Offline born2groove

• Veteran Member
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2006, 08:45:14 PM »
for me, si rico kasi ay crowd pleaser.. si bamboo, performer--he doesn't care very much on what the crowd does.. although siyempre, pareho nagwawala ung crowd pag kumakanta sila..^_^ opinion lang..^_^
"Love...is an accident waiting to happen."
(bawal ang mga gaya-gaya dito sa philmusic) :p
www.friendster.com/born2groove

Offline MarkRelos

« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2006, 04:07:46 PM »
hmmm...
got to read got to read...hmmm.napapasin ko ang dahilan ay "kasi nung umalis si bamboo..rico blanco carried rivermaya all the way and i dont think bamboo can do that"
bamboo bamboo.. most of us havnt met him in person and yet we judge him. too quickly and think that he's not it. :?... the old rivermaya days are gone but not dead..we still hear their orignal music from time to time..fast forward fast forward we hear rico once more with shattered like and faithless..and after giving us umaaraw umuulan.in what i think is the "new" rivermaya...bringing japs and mike..then theres was a halt or a depression in the pinoy rock music scene...as new age hip hop took the light away from bands for a while..only for a while...then you after a hard days' work driving home or in the jeep or bus hears someone utters "tignan mo ang iyong palad kalyado mong kamay sa hirap ng buhay" wait wait?!?!? i know that voice..no! it cant be...yes its him..the legend is back what some may say..the biggest musical comeback..
a wake up call..the messiah is back...
ohh im so glad he's back with a new found glory..
then sunod sunod na mr clay, truth,hallelujah,much has been said etc...
Parokya ni edgar has been around all this time why couldnt they come up with this songs?
the answer? no one can answer that..
so guys its not really whos better or mahusay..
i guess everything happen for a reason..
leaving rivermaya was somewhat a personal reason..
coming back and rock the php is a blessing.. :lol:
i might think it was good that they went on seperate ways coz... :roll:
i dont think we would have hallelujah in the old rivermaya? can u imagine it? nope its hard..
or sunday driving while bamboo is still with them?
hahaha yeah...
so after all what has happened we end up with two great bands..with their own signature songs and ways...
now thats a better consolation prize...

what i can say is that
"ang pag ba-banda o pag mu-musika ay hindi pagalingan kundi pasarapan"

naku haba na eheheh..pero ok lang solid..

At sa pag tulog ng gabi maririnig ang dasal na ang kabataan uhaw sa tunay na pag mamahal " -

Offline rennell

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2006, 06:15:11 PM »
both

Offline Indie_Boy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2006, 06:33:39 PM »
Quote from: kanshooter
I go for Rico....

Siguro kahit hindi umalis si Bamboo sa Rivermaya noon, we have to admit that Rivermaya is a Rico Blanco dominated band.

During those days, kapag wala si Bamboo sa gig - Rico Blanco can fill in the shoes of Bamboo (kahit na medyo sumasablay ng konti tuloy pa din ang gig) . But never did Bamboo fill in the shoes of Rico Blanco kapag wala si Rico- chances are hindi na tuloy ang gig....hindi kayang gawin ni Bamboo ang ginagawa ni Rico.

Voice quality and showmanship lang ang lamang ni Bamboo.

Pero when it comes to songwriting, arranging, playing various instruments - playing the guitar while singing, playing the keyboards while singing --- Praise goes to Rico!

i also agree, in short kung wala si rico wala rin si bamboo, dahil lahat ng sinulat ni rico sa mga previous album nila, si bamboo lang ang kumanta at wala siyang contribution, just to sing, pero si rico kaya niya magisa, then umabot sa 3 piece ang rivermaya, yon kaya eh kayang gawin ni bamboo

DAS RYT!

Offline ioffendpeople

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2006, 09:04:54 PM »
A little off topic, but...seeing Bamboo endorse Colt .45 beer just sort of tore it for me. If that makes sense  :-(

Offline clubdredd

No, we DO NOT hate Rivermaya! Don't be so paranoid!
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2006, 05:53:23 PM »
No, we DO NOT hate Rivermaya! Don't be so paranoid!

Tune in this Friday as Radiodredd features songs from Rivermaya's latest album "Isang Ugat, Isang Dugo". But instead listen to the ORIGINAL RECORDINGS that inspired this album from artists like: Violent Playground, Dean's December, Ethnic Faces, The Jerks, and The Wuds among others!

Take a trip back to the 80's. But this isn't the 80's that most of you are familiar with (you bunch of posers!).

These bands were at the forefront of the then fledging music scene, often existing with minimal or no support from record companies or radio (which  had their heads up their asses at that time). And obviously wala pang MTV, MYX or You Tube noong araw 'no!

But yes, great local music existed during that forgotten pre-Eraserheads but post-Juan dela Cruz era.

Compare their recordings to Rico and the boys' tribute. And what a tribute it is! What a great choice of songs!

"INOSENTE LANG ANG NAGTATAKA!"

Radiodredd
Fridays at 9pm only on NU107 
The Home of New Rock 

"It's educational!" 

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2006, 10:29:22 PM »
rico parin ako.

Offline VoodooChild24

• Netizen Level
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2006, 06:18:36 AM »
No contest....Bamboo!!
Gibson LP 58 Historic Faded Tobacco
Gibson 1997 LP Custom Iron Cross
Diezel VH4S Bogner Uberschall Rev 1 Mesa Boogie Mark IV Custom Egnater M4
[/B]

Offline Indie_Boy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2006, 04:57:50 PM »
rivermaya started with rico blanco as vocals & keys before bamboo even came.. dala nya pa rin ang maya up to now.. he's also a very good song writter..

Offline DharmaInitiative

« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2006, 07:51:30 PM »
bamboo...  if gusto ko si rico yung "old" rico sa rivermaya with perf and others....   ayus yung banda nila nun tsaka sounds.... anlupit nila... na-realize ko yun after ma-transcend ko na yung eheads euphoria ko haha!!!! eheads ako nun eh.. by the time i learned to play guitars, rivermaya na... rivermaya dati.... hehe... kaya bamboo, hindi rivermaya ngaun na rico... haha :-D

saosin

« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2006, 12:08:29 PM »
BAMBOO of course.. :-D

Offline drummer_boy17

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2006, 07:12:52 PM »
bakit ba umalis si Bamboo dti sa Rivermaya?
FLY FAST PHOTOGRAPHY: Click Here

Offline myk

« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2006, 04:29:19 PM »
bakit ba umalis si Bamboo dti sa Rivermaya?

Personal Differences "daw"

Sayang sila.. dpat ngayon super band sila..
I have your mascara on my sleep

Offline Mustspit

• Veteran Member
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2006, 05:11:57 PM »
Rico Maņalac
Bamboo Blanco

ehehehe!  :evil:

It's been 2 hours and 6 days, since you made my world a cold place, with nothing to see, and nothing to hear, i walk alone with a hope inside me, and this world refused to guide me, with nothing to feel and this wounds won't heal...

Offline Shocktherapy

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2006, 09:47:05 PM »
This comment above from somebody else sums it up:

"from the first rivermaya album up to the " free" album.. i have always admired Rico Blanco's enigmatic songwriting skills....but after "tuloy ang ligaya" album.....di ko na gusto mga sumunod na kanta nila."

Old Rivermaya stuff is great, and most of the new songs are pretty good (I like "241") but the album "Between the Stars and Waves" was pretty awful. "She" is one of the most embarrassing songs I've ever heard. Still Rico Blanco is nice, but neither him nor his band can beat Bamboo in songwriting or vocals, ever.

There is a reason that Bamboo was chosen for international release.

Offline The D

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2006, 10:31:12 PM »
I like it when they were both in Rivermaya.

I dont really like Bamboo (the band) and Rivermaya is not that good musically when Nathan Azarcon left the band.

Offline Shocktherapy

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2006, 08:50:20 PM »
I like Bamboo a lot - I think it's better than Matchbox 20 which they're so often compared with.

Still - old-school Rivermaya was better. Pretty much every song was perfect. I like "Balisong" and I like "Dinner at 6" but neither is better than "Ulan" or "Kisapmata" or "Hinahanap-hanap kita".

I'm going to have to buy all of the old Rivermaya albums before I leave the Philippines. I'm going to miss this place. . . .

Sayang naman. Pinakamaganda ang sounds sa 90s, sa America or Philippines man. Namimiss ko sa 90s music. Sana may mararating kahalintulad ng Old Rivermaya.

Offline danleo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2006, 02:57:26 AM »
Ok naman si Rico Blanco pro didn't like much of his song writting since their album "its not easy being grin". After that album I don't listen to Rivermaya anymore. What i don't like about Rico is yung trying hard to sing like a british. Yung sa "its not easy being grin" astig pa tlaga siya. I love their song nerbyoso saka shattered likes and lately nakinig ako ulit sa You'll be safe here saka Bandila.

Bamboo Maņalac? WOW Hands down tlaga! I was so happy to see him back in the Philippines. Binili ko talaga agad ang album nila nung lumabas. In terms of singing galing talaga ni Bamboo no doubt. Songwritting? Galing Sobra, you know why? Compare to all the Maya's albums after bamboo's departure, Bamboo with 2 Albums pa lang daming hit songs na. Pang MASA talaga. I could compare them like Eheads before, yung from bata to grownups alam yung song nila. Yung mga songs ginagawa ni bamboo tinatamaan talaga ang generation now. It really touch pipols live on whats happening today on their everyday life.

for me: Bambo the best (Song writting and as a vocalist)
            Rico Blanco (ok naman siya)
You may say I\'m a dreamer. But I\'m not the only one. I know someday you\'ll join us and the world will live as one...

Offline James_Animagi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2007, 02:11:51 AM »
wag na lang natin sila i-compare kasi may sarili silang characteristics sa pagsulat at pagperform ng songs may strong points and weakpoints sila pareho...tama kayo sa mga sinabi niyo about them pero di na natin mababalik ang old school days ang importante maganda ung paggawa nila ng mga kanta di ba

Offline Indie_Boy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2007, 02:27:00 AM »
guess it's better to end this thread na..  :-)

Offline avery97

« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2007, 02:37:50 AM »
ang tagal na nila sa scene,tinatangkilik parin ng mga pinoy rockers ngayon at pareho na nilang napatunayan  na over a decade na nilang pagpeperformn,na dalawa sila sa mga "heavyweights" ng OPM rock scene dito sa pinas!!!...ang take ko? astig silang pareho!!

Offline MikEh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2007, 02:43:58 AM »
para silang chocolates. may dark chocolate, at may milk chocolate. parehong chocolate pero magkaiba ang lasa. yung iba gusto dark, yung isa gusto milk chocolate.

pareho silang songwriters. sabi nga ni sir James: may sarili silang characteristics. kumbaga si rico blanco yung dark chocolate tapos si bamboo yung milk chocolate. magkaiba, pero pareho.

(yung "chocolate" dito yung chocolate talaga ah, hindi yung censor!"

Offline slinky_bass

« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2007, 08:34:10 PM »
bamboo has a good voice, unique style of singing... wen it comes to songwriting naman, si rico ung magaling.. im not much of a fan of the rivermaya now, mas gusto ko yung songs nila before  :-D
Need Financial Planning? (or) looking for a new career?

PM me here or @ http://joshuajohn.multiply.com

Offline Indie_Boy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2007, 08:46:12 PM »
there should be a poll for this..