hulika

Author Topic: your favorite new pinoy band??? indie or not....  (Read 45466 times)

Offline astroboi

• Philmusicus Noobitus
your favorite new pinoy band??? indie or not....
« on: November 12, 2005, 08:29:55 PM »
Madaming mga bagong banda ngayon.. sino sa kanila gusto mo?

Mine is....

1. Valley of chrome
2. Typecast

at kung kilala nyo..

3. Black Gulaman
This time for REAL!!!

Offline free

Re: your favorite new pinoy band??? indie or not....
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 10:28:34 PM »
Quote from: astroboi
Madaming mga bagong banda ngayon.. sino sa kanila gusto mo?

Mine is....

1. Valley of chrome
2. Typecast

at kung kilala nyo..

3. Black Gulaman

VoC and Typecast have been around for ages. never heard of black gulaman though.
"I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it". - Edith Sitwell

Offline astroboi

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 06:03:44 PM »
Matagal na ba sila? pero cguro ngayon nlang sila naging mainstream.. hehe! :D

Galing ng VoC and typecast.. Rakrakan tlaga!

Ung Black Gulaman, finalist sila sa muziklaban '05 and they're good.. They're actually my friends.. gusto ko tlaga music nila...  :twisted:
This time for REAL!!!

Offline free

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 06:12:15 PM »
Quote from: astroboi
Matagal na ba sila? pero cguro ngayon nlang sila naging mainstream.. hehe! :D

Galing ng VoC and typecast.. Rakrakan tlaga!

Ung Black Gulaman, finalist sila sa muziklaban '05 and they're good.. They're actually my friends.. gusto ko tlaga music nila...  :twisted:

valley of chrome has released a few EPs before releasing their first album, Love and Devotion. Kim used to play drums for VoC but eventually left prior to recording the said album.

typecast has released two albums so far: Last Time and The Infatuation is Always There.

i've never really been impressed with the bands who've participated in muziklaban (with the exception of comet's tale). but heck, i'll give black gulaman a go. got any mp3s by them?
"I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it". - Edith Sitwell

Offline astroboi

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 06:37:36 PM »
i have VoC's album but i don't have typecast's album.. think i need to seach more at the record bars to have one....

im gonna post the link for their demos very soon.. hingi lang ako demo nila...

:lol:
This time for REAL!!!

Offline free

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 09:18:47 PM »
you could find Love and Devotion by Valley of Chrome and The Infatuation is Always There by Typecast on www.indiecultureonline.com. always buy original CD's :)

Offline alcoholiday76

• Netizen Level
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 12:20:21 PM »
:arrow:
Nothing's gonna change my world...

Offline free

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 02:06:20 PM »
sodajerk's been around for ages too. that was ryan and dale's project prior to forming apple orchard. never heard of A Life Spent Learning though. could you share some info about the band?

badburn's not exactly indie..but yeah,...they're ok.

Offline mona_lisa

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 03:27:59 AM »
updharma down - sobrang trip ko. i saw them live, it was breathtaking!

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2005, 05:18:43 AM »
Paramita!...............

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2005, 01:47:29 PM »
Medyo gasgas na ang Orange & Lemons. Pero definitely, binabalik nila ang past sa modern times ngayon. Sila lang ata naririnig ko on radio na ganun ang tunog.
Even if they have the issue about the "Pinoy Ako" song...I have to commend how good they are when it comes to songwriting. Lahat ng singles nila sumisikat, even that new Sunsilk jingle...

And yes..Paramita is a unique band. I love the idea of a drummer-vocalist.

Offline year2apocalypse

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2005, 02:15:07 PM »
Quote from: Red_Strat
Medyo gasgas na ang Orange & Lemons. Pero definitely, binabalik nila ang past sa modern times ngayon. Sila lang ata naririnig ko on radio na ganun ang tunog.

hello, i don't mind that you like orange & lemons but i'd just like to point out that there's loooaaads of bands that do that whole mixing past music with modern music thing. :wink:

Even if they have the issue about the "Pinoy Ako" song...I have to commend how good they are when it comes to songwriting. Lahat ng singles nila sumisikat, even that new Sunsilk jingle...

"popular" does not mean "good". :(

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2005, 07:27:03 AM »
Quote from: year2apocalypse

hello, i don't mind that you like orange & lemons but i'd just like to point out that there's loooaaads of bands that do that whole mixing past music with modern music thing. :wink:

"popular" does not mean "good". :(

Parang yung "'Tong kantang 'tong kay tsong kay tsang" ni ogie alcasid..................na nag top 1 sa LSFM noong 90's.............

I must agree magaling si ogie with regards to his songwriting capabilities............Kaso this "'Tong kantang 'tong kay tsong kay tsang"..................."ain't that good!"  :!: ............Honorary puwede.......

Pera-perahan lang 'yan..............may pera ka.............sikat kanta mo............sikat ka............

I remember Dodong cruz (former vocalist of The Youth) given a "Gold Record Award" by Mr. Lavinia at Eat Bulaga................way back 90's.

Then guys from Paragon Records told me..............."Kung 'di pa nag basag ng bote ng beer sa canteen si Dodong (because of a promise that was never given to him or he ever long for), hindi niya makukuha yung award.................

Because it is a marketing strategy....................
e.g. --> "Uy nag Gold Record Award daw yung album ni Dodong Cruz.......Bili tayo, mukhang maganda"

Ibig sabihin sa real score yung Gold Record Award ni Idol Dodong...........Is just an "imaginary"............."Bait"..............."Paen lang"..............."Strategy".................To make you buy the album.

I am not saying that every Record Awards are all imaginary................
You have your instincts and discretions to know if things are real or not...............There is no harm in believing with what you hear or saw but just try out a little bit enthusiasm to discover the truth.

Cencia na sa OT:...........By the way "if you will observe the MTV of Paramita................You will find that the Fills that she made with that loads of cymbals...............compare to the real song..............are not applicable..............You won't hear lots of cymbals........just toms and snares...........

But I like the pretty vocalist anyways............

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2005, 02:43:49 PM »
O nga noh...
Samantalang hindi ako drummer, di ko napansin until you brought it up.

I don't get the concept of the music video though...
What's the connection of the song with the guy in a mask? Tapos may bleeding nose etc. pa...

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2005, 06:19:10 AM »
O nga noh...
Samantalang hindi ako drummer, di ko napansin until you brought it up.

I don't get the concept of the music video though...
What's the connection of the song with the guy in a mask? Tapos may bleeding nose etc. pa...

Honga sir!......................hindi ko din makuha...................or baka di pa natin masyadong natututukan...............maybe may meaning kahit papaano....................

I'll try to observe it harder next time para makuha ko ang meaning......... :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops: ................. 8)  8)

Offline agentx44

• Veteran Member
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2005, 03:19:24 PM »
It's really easy to glaze over the mediocre bands nowadays. I don't even want to call them bands eh. Kasi alam ko pag banda ka, it's either you're a cover band or one that does originals, not rehashing songs and passing them off as originals.

Radioactive Sago Project: now here's a band. Original and very fresh to the ears. A new sound that most kiddos weaned on PopTrash can't grasp.

I heard this one band singing this Tagalog song that had an impromptu speech near the coda. Dammit! Ubos oras. Sayang lang pera mo pag binili mo ang album ng mga retards na yun.
soylent green is people.

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2005, 04:06:06 PM »
Hmmm...impromptu speech?

Maybe tinutukoy mo yung "Lagi Mo Na Lang Akong Dinededma" by Rocksteddy.

"Mahal kita, pero di mo lang alam.." The song goes like that.
Wala pa naman yatang album ang Rocksteddy, kaya kung sila nga, nothing to worry about...yet.

Is that it?  :mrgreen:

UPDATE: Just saw the album of Rocksteddy today. Kung sila nga, there's one thing CD to check out para uminit ulo mo. Pero ako, okay lang sakin. Kakatuwa naman yung kanta eh.

Offline year2apocalypse

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2005, 11:48:58 PM »
Quote from: agentx44
It's really easy to glaze over the mediocre bands nowadays. I don't even want to call them bands eh. Kasi alam ko pag banda ka, it's either you're a cover band or one that does originals, not rehashing songs and passing them off as originals.

AMEN.

Offline nevermindemily

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2006, 10:14:25 PM »
Quote from: free

valley of chrome has released a few EPs before releasing their first album, Love and Devotion. Kim used to play drums for VoC but eventually left prior to recording the said album.

any idea why kim left? i have to say VOC, Typecast, , bronman revival and 18th Issue even if they've been around for a while. most people are just discovering them eh. and up dharma down, paramita.
still insane...

Offline free

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2006, 09:23:24 PM »
her reasons for her departure is unknown to me. i don't think the publicized it. though i think the new kid's a better drummer, having a female drummer did have its benefits for VoC (ie. added wow/cool-factor for the band).

the neighbors, one of the best bands you've never even heard-of. they've been around for a while and have released two albums to date. one of the best ska acts in the country atm!

18th issue, err..sorry to the fans of the band, but i seriously think this band is overrated (not like you care, but i also believe that urban dub is overrated). sure, the whole band's a bunch of virtuosos who were probably trained to play since they were in their mothers' wombs, they really are good players. but just like perf de castro, they should probably just teach guitar and not bother to write songs, not collectively anyway. the stuff that i've heard by them is so rock-cliche'. their stuff would probably sound good to most ears but to mine, they are dull and boring. i lost my interest in the muziklaban BOB's since they won it.

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2006, 10:18:17 PM »
Speaking of Typecast, may nakarinig na ba sa inyo nito:

search=typecast

Wala lang. Astig lang kasi.

Offline pinkybrief

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2006, 03:20:54 PM »
URBANDUB!
kamikazee
S I N
stagnant
Oo na, kayo na Diyos ng Philmusic

Offline hello_apocalypse

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2006, 04:34:41 PM »
up dharma down! i've just recently listened to their album fragmented and it's class. 8)

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2006, 10:39:47 AM »
kaiser chiefs
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline hello_apocalypse

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2006, 03:54:02 PM »
Quote from: pallas
kaiser chiefs

lol, they're british.