hulika

Author Topic: Advice on Career Path  (Read 3206 times)

Offline jefft

Advice on Career Path
« on: February 11, 2007, 10:08:14 PM »
Hi guys!.... need ko lang inputs nyo... Am 24 yrs old and been working as a tech support agent for dell for a little less than 3 yrs. Am a computer engineering graduate from Adamson University... Mejo nagsasawa na kc ako taking in calls. In terms of salary, ok naman kc i get about 20k+ per month right now, Am still single pero magpapaaral na ko ng sister ko for college sa pasukan... am thinking of shifting career paths like trying to be in the IT department.. Sadly, am not sure if am gonna be qualified... Am already an CompTIA A+ Certified (software and hardware) Professional but i don't think it's enough... Ano kaya ang pwede kung itake na additional studies and certification to have the best chance??? need suggestions guys! thanks!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 10:10:17 PM by jefft »
" it's better to regret something you did than something you didn't do".

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Advice on Career Path
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 01:05:24 AM »
Get Microsoft certified.
Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline jefft

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 03:58:36 AM »
tnx sa lahat ng nag reply... hehe

seriously, aside from getting microsoft certification... is getting linux certified or cisco certified better???

let say you have limited budget whcih of these certifications would you get to have a better chance for getting in an IT department:

1. Microsoft certification
2. Cisco Certification
3. linux certification
" it's better to regret something you did than something you didn't do".

Offline panterica

• Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 10:13:29 AM »
I'd choose Cisco certification, pag Cisco certified ka, trabaho na ang hahanap sa yo hehehe.
I know you would say that at for the record di mo ako kilala ROOKIEBOY. Tinawag kitang rookie at di lahat, IKAW LANG GET IT. Hanggang dyan ka na lang....puro cheap shots - Pallas

"Good artists copy, great artists steal"

Offline michiko.airashii

• i'm a girl
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 10:22:31 AM »
I'd choose Cisco certification, pag Cisco certified ka, trabaho na ang hahanap sa yo hehehe.

korek! dito sa work company namin may free CCNA training..tapos ikaw nalang bhala sa exam..after nun pede na ung CCNA2..hanggang maging cisco certified ka..pero its a very gruelling process..Ü kaya Cisco ka nalang! astigin!

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 10:50:03 PM »
your a Com Eng... better get cisco certification like what mark said.
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline chette

• kailangan pa bang i-memorize yan
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 12:42:45 PM »
Well you seem to be going the hardware administrator route. I am correct? My suggestion is to volunteer to do some extra work within your current job: like set up their VPN, VOIP, etc. If successful, it's something to boast about in your resume.

Personally, I take experience anytime over certifications.

dref40cc

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 12:35:00 PM »

ok yung iyong credentials.  magtrabaho ka muna sa mga office o schools tapos kung makaipon ka na magtayo ka ng sariling cafe / reparing shop jan lang muna sa inyong bakod kung me space para tipid sa rental.  suggestion lang naman dahil mahilig ka naman sa computer. tama yung iyong ambition to enter the IT field.  qualified ka naman.

Offline soulfeather

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 12:49:11 AM »
tnx sa lahat ng nag reply... hehe

seriously, aside from getting microsoft certification... is getting linux certified or cisco certified better???

let say you have limited budget whcih of these certifications would you get to have a better chance for getting in an IT department:

1. Microsoft certification
2. Cisco Certification
3. linux certification

Pre, i would suggest for you to take the Cisco training and certification if you wanted to be a System Administrator. The Linux part is a good OS Unix based ksi to pero the Cisco will be a good way to start. I know there are a lot of IT schools that offers the CISCO course you just have to spend some dough and a lot of sacrifice to finish it.

From what I know, Meralco Institute (near Medical City) offers a good Cisco training.

Also your in a Call Center I presume, because you said that youve been taking calls. May certification din ang Dell yung DCSE sa web take ka ng take nung online training and Exam especially networking. It will give you a background of the path you want to go.

You can also try to apply for the IT position in your Company. You can start as a trainee and work your way up the Ladder.

Hope this helps...  :-)