hulika

Author Topic: The PRS Thread...  (Read 496964 times)

Offline gwenmoyk

• Veteran Member
Re: The PRS Thread...
« Reply #925 on: November 09, 2010, 06:30:29 AM »
Uuuy gusto ko din ng mike mushok baritone. Sarap sa chuga chuva nyan. Kaso nde kaya masakit sa daliri? Kasi nung ininspect ko ung sa jb trinoma grabe ung taba ng strings prang bass na. Ano gauge kaya nun? Kaso mas nangingibabaw ung gas ko sa paul alender. I lurve the bat inlays.

Wow jackpot k jan sir ernest ha! Kala ko 3 n tremonti mo eh at nagkokolek ka benta ko sana ung akin pra apat agad. :lol:
whoa! nice rig you got there, DINOSAUR!!!

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #926 on: November 09, 2010, 12:32:40 PM »
Uuuy gusto ko din ng mike mushok baritone. Sarap sa chuga chuva nyan. Kaso nde kaya masakit sa daliri? Kasi nung ininspect ko ung sa jb trinoma grabe ung taba ng strings prang bass na. Ano gauge kaya nun? Kaso mas nangingibabaw ung gas ko sa paul alender. I lurve the bat inlays.

Wow jackpot k jan sir ernest ha! Kala ko 3 n tremonti mo eh at nagkokolek ka benta ko sana ung akin pra apat agad. :lol:

14-68 ang gauge ng MM Baritone. hehe. lol. midway between a regular guitar and bass, kaya baritone.  :lol: haba pa ng scale length.

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #927 on: November 09, 2010, 01:11:11 PM »
14-68 ang gauge ng MM Baritone. hehe. lol. midway between a regular guitar and bass, kaya baritone.  :lol: haba pa ng scale length.

Hindi ba mahirap maghanap ng ganyang gauge?

Offline toybitz

« Reply #928 on: November 09, 2010, 01:52:12 PM »
I want a PRS.  I don't want the Korean-made...I really can't dig the feel of the neck and PUs.  Kung gagastusan ko na lang din ng upgrades eh I want to get a US-made na...if budget permits, in the future.
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #929 on: November 09, 2010, 02:19:57 PM »
Hindi ba mahirap maghanap ng ganyang gauge?

Hindi ko alam bro, hindi pa talaga ako nakakakita sa stores ng strings pang baritone. Order siguro, tapos by bulk na para makamenos konti? I can't think of any better way. lol.

I want a PRS.  I don't want the Korean-made...I really can't dig the feel of the neck and PUs.  Kung gagastusan ko na lang din ng upgrades eh I want to get a US-made na...if budget permits, in the future.

Cool. We shall wait. Let's start saving up.  :lol:

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #930 on: November 09, 2010, 03:33:26 PM »
Got this from another forum.
Limited Modern Eagle. 100 pieces. ME pero walang eagle. lol.

Nasa ibang bansa nga lang.
http://www.martinmusicguitar.com/products/products.php?pcid=10052&pid=58188

But it's the pr0n that counts.  :wink:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 03:38:16 PM by r_chino18 »

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #931 on: November 09, 2010, 03:45:28 PM »
Got this from another forum.
Limited Modern Eagle. 100 pieces. ME pero walang eagle. lol.

Nasa ibang bansa nga lang.
http://www.martinmusicguitar.com/products/products.php?pcid=10052&pid=58188

But it's the pr0n that counts.  :wink:

the brown one on the right looks so.. different & nice :-D parang ayos idisplay

Offline gwenmoyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #932 on: November 09, 2010, 04:57:04 PM »

Changed your avatar. Kaw ba yan sir chino?
whoa! nice rig you got there, DINOSAUR!!!

Offline ernestjulian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #933 on: November 09, 2010, 05:13:27 PM »

oo bro sya yan.
I play guitars for EMBERCORE | LITA'S CURSE | BLUNT CONCEPT

Offline paul_sigua

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #934 on: November 09, 2010, 05:41:12 PM »

yup. that's why i sold my singlecut. the neck feels kinda "fake" to me. the pups imo, are good though. they have that vintage vibe to their sound that i dig.

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #935 on: November 09, 2010, 05:57:25 PM »
the brown one on the right looks so.. different & nice :-D parang ayos idisplay

Full sized buckers sa bridge. Narrowfield sa mid at neck. Yes it looks different, but they seem alright. But I'd still prefer the ordinary H-H PRS.  :lol:
I like all finishes except the sunset burst. For some reason, I don't like PRS's sunburst finishes. Masyadong bright.  :lol:

Yes sir. Me and my trusty acoustic. Bokalbs all the way.  8-)

oo bro sya yan.

:lol: :lol: FB.

yup. that's why i sold my singlecut. the neck feels kinda "fake" to me. the pups imo, are good though. they have that vintage vibe to their sound that i dig.

I personally like the neck. Haven't tried a wide thin neck but the wide fat fits my hands just so right.  :-)
Tried an RG321's wizard neck and a Squier standard tele's neck, both didn't feel good to me. If I were to get another guitar, kahit anong shape ng body ok lang, as long as parang wide fat ng PRS.  :-) tanggalin lang yung malaking neck joint. hehe.

Offline paul_sigua

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #936 on: November 09, 2010, 06:26:03 PM »
it's not really the size of the neck that turns me off. it's the "feel". there's something about it that doesn't feel right. and it's not just the neck, the fretboard has also a "plastic" feel to it. i've tried 2 other SEs and they feel the same. I got a fender strat and never looked back.

Of course, ymmv.

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #937 on: November 09, 2010, 06:34:46 PM »
it's not really the size of the neck that turns me off. it's the "feel". there's something about it that doesn't feel right. and it's not just the neck, the fretboard has also a "plastic" feel to it. i've tried 2 other SEs and they feel the same. I got a fender strat and never looked back.

Of course, ymmv.

Won't argue with that bro. We're all good with what we choose.  :-)
Cheers!

Offline paul_sigua

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #938 on: November 09, 2010, 06:38:47 PM »
Won't argue with that bro. We're all good with what we choose.  :-)
Cheers!

i didn't mean to stir anything. just sharing my experiences. :-D
cheers. :-)

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #939 on: November 09, 2010, 06:46:09 PM »
i didn't mean to stir anything. just sharing my experiences. :-D
cheers. :-)

No problem. None taken.  :-)

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #940 on: November 09, 2010, 06:52:26 PM »
I'm not choosy when it comes to neck shapes.  I am more particular with fingerboard radius.  Having said that, fat or thin, the PRS wide neck factor is a characterictic that I wish all brands of neck would have.

I was a PRS convert from the day I saw Alex Lifeson using one in the late 80s.  Such gorgeous guitars in aesthethics and tone!  I've been lucky enough to have played them before the SEs came out and the one flaw I have found in all PRSes is the heel.  I find it hard to reach the highest frets because of that awful block of wood at the joint.  In fact, I find it harder to play the upper frets of a PRS more than I do a Les Paul.  I hope that with the introduction of the SE Torero and the heel joint mod of Ed Roman, PRS is finally trying to do something about that awful heel.

No offense meant to those that actually like that heel.   :-D
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 07:24:07 PM by curiousdcat »

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #941 on: November 09, 2010, 07:36:49 PM »
I'm not choosy when it comes to neck shapes.  I am more particular with fingerboard radius.  Having said that, fat or thin, the PRS wide neck factor is a characterictic that I wish all brands of neck would have.

I was a PRS convert from the day I saw Alex Lifeson using one in the late 80s.  Such gorgeous guitars in aesthethics and tone!  I've been lucky enough to have played them before the SEs came out and the one flaw I have found in all PRSes is the heel.  I find it hard to reach the highest frets because of that awful block of wood at the joint.  In fact, I find it harder to play the upper frets of a PRS more than I do a Les Paul.  I hope that with the introduction of the SE Torero and the heel joint mod of Ed Roman, PRS is finally trying to do something about that awful heel.

No offense meant to those that actually like that heel.   :-D

I don't like that heel either. Dati daw kasi maliit yung heel, but then there were dead spots on the fingerboard. Nung hinabaan nila yung heel, nacure daw yung dead spots na yun.

Sa mga 24 fret models yata medyo maiksi ng konti ang heel. I've seen that Ed Roman heel mod sa website niya. I think the luthiers here can do the same.  :-)
But I'm a bit skeptic about having a heel mod done. Baka kasi magkaroon nung dead spots na yun or baka hindi maging stable yung neck. I dunno. But a smaller heel would certainly a big comfort pagdating sa upper frets.  :-)

PRS's fingerboard radius is 10". It feels good, though kung naka wrap around tailpiece, ang hirap hanapan ng aftermarket na sakto sa radius nun. Most common na aftermarket tailpiece ay mga 12" ang radius.

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #942 on: November 09, 2010, 07:41:24 PM »
Full sized buckers sa bridge. Narrowfield sa mid at neck. Yes it looks different, but they seem alright. But I'd still prefer the ordinary H-H PRS.  :lol:
I like all finishes except the sunset burst. For some reason, I don't like PRS's sunburst finishes. Masyadong bright.  :lol:

i didn't notice that :lol: yeah, their sunbursts aren't that great

Offline mikki_blinkme

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #943 on: November 09, 2010, 07:48:49 PM »
mga sirs anong brand ang affordable yung di lalagpas ng 15k na prs copy? lalo na custom 24 model yung kay daniel johns. feeling daniel johns ako e. haha!

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #944 on: November 09, 2010, 07:55:39 PM »
mga sirs anong brand ang affordable yung di lalagpas ng 15k na prs copy? lalo na custom 24 model yung kay daniel johns. feeling daniel johns ako e. haha!

Just follow the link.
http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200708/r165718_614702.jpg

That one is his guitar, right?

Don't see too many PRS copies available locally. Mga RJ lang ang nakikita ko, they go for about 12k, IIRC. They seem to be thicker too.

Offline mikki_blinkme

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #945 on: November 09, 2010, 08:24:02 PM »
yeah yan nga. buhay pa pala yan matapos nyang ilang beses balibagin kada gigs  :-D kung ikaw sir chino RJ o Stagg? alam ko may prs copy din ata stagg. Expert ka sa PRS e.

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #946 on: November 09, 2010, 08:27:25 PM »
yeah yan nga. buhay pa pala yan matapos nyang ilang beses balibagin kada gigs  :-D kung ikaw sir chino RJ o Stagg? alam ko may prs copy din ata stagg. Expert ka sa PRS e.

Nakita ko na yung sa Stagg. Ang layo ng itsura sa PRS brad. Sablay talaga yung cutaway.
Kung ako may 15k at papipiliin ako... hmm.. baka di muna ako bumili.. baka mag SE nalang ako.  :-) Habol ko nalang ay yung craftsmanship. pickups and electronics ay madali naman palitan pag nagsawa na ako eh.

Offline mikki_blinkme

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #947 on: November 09, 2010, 08:47:19 PM »
sabagay tama ka. kung copy lang din sana kuha na.

Offline ernestjulian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #948 on: November 09, 2010, 09:09:16 PM »
sabagay tama ka. kung copy lang din sana kuha na.

kung may 15k ka may PRS SE soapbar ka na lang, abang ka dito sa classifieds. meron ako nakikita dito na soapbar for 15k. sayang lang kung mag rj o stagg ka pa.
I play guitars for EMBERCORE | LITA'S CURSE | BLUNT CONCEPT

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #949 on: November 09, 2010, 09:11:10 PM »

Hey man. The 25th Anniv SE Custom 24 has a wide thin neck. It's a different feel but I am digging it. Yes, it is Korean made but the eagles make the neck feel so much better..... Got mine on sale and JB still on sale now till the 15th.
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera