hulika

Author Topic: Lets see those Snares!  (Read 404080 times)

Offline nestee_rip

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Lets see those Snares!
« Reply #500 on: November 06, 2008, 03:40:02 AM »

Bro how much did it cost you, I've wanted that kind of snare for a while now, tamang tama for my catalina kit?

mine cost only Php 12,000 +++ kasama na yung snare bag... big fat crack!!! hehehe... deep tone... sarap ng rim shots...

Offline treb 821

« Reply #501 on: November 06, 2008, 07:58:24 AM »

mine cost only Php 12,000 +++ kasama na yung snare bag... big fat crack!!! hehehe... deep tone... sarap ng rim shots...

Thanks for the info bro!

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #502 on: November 06, 2008, 01:26:12 PM »
You have to order this... dati ko pa gusto yan pero wala dumating,, my friend have that kind of snare kaya gusto ko yan ganda din ng tunog....

Online order? 2x the price kasi pagdating dito. Hintayin natin sagot ng JB.

nathan_rocks

« Reply #503 on: November 06, 2008, 10:07:41 PM »
Online order? 2x the price kasi pagdating dito. Hintayin natin sagot ng JB.

you can ask bro vinci or vincher for this stuff.. or else intay talaga sa JB pero it will take time for sure...

Offline makLoy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #504 on: November 08, 2008, 10:26:32 PM »
Speaking of Lars Ulrich signiture snare...

Eto project snare ko ngayon...

Already got the diecast lugs from Wax-Static, thanks chris... Next is the Diecast Hoops...

wow, sir Suspendead, pano nyo ginawa yan?
detaiLs naman po oh....  :-D

On the time of superstition man created God.. On the time of greed man created War.. -makLoy-

Offline sandythedrummer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #505 on: November 11, 2008, 10:27:00 AM »
Register ko lang sha dito!! :-D
"I BELIEVE IN CHRIST LIKE I BELIEVE IN THE SUN. NOT BECAUSE I CAN SEE IT, BUT BY IT, I CAN SEE EVERYONE ELSE....."

Offline mr. trigger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #506 on: December 11, 2008, 08:18:36 PM »

MONSTER!
astig! dude san ka nakakuha ng ganitong shell?  :evil:

Offline suspendead

« Reply #507 on: December 12, 2008, 07:46:53 AM »
astig! dude san ka nakakuha ng ganitong shell?  :evil:

wow, sir Suspendead, pano nyo ginawa yan?
detaiLs naman po oh....  :-D

The story started when God created the earth... teka wrong story...

There was work to be done on our place and an outdoor stairs was transfered. Then, to fix the stairs, the workers will need steel plates. While they were working, I saw some plates not being used. So, I asked it to be cutted. Then one of the workers, used to work for a metalshop who fixes jeeps. I asked him, as a dare if he can make a shell out of it. He was able to and I was impressed. Now the shell have holes on it for the lugs, all I need now are some throw-offs (2), set of diecast hoops and a snare wire. I'll post some updated pics for all of you later.
" I HEAR VOICES AND THEY DON'T LIKE YOU "

Offline makLoy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #508 on: December 12, 2008, 11:00:21 AM »

There was work to be done on our place and an outdoor stairs was transfered. Then, to fix the stairs, the workers will need steel plates. While they were working, I saw some plates not being used. So, I asked it to be cutted. Then one of the workers, used to work for a metalshop who fixes jeeps. I asked him, as a dare if he can make a shell out of it. He was able to and I was impressed. Now the shell have holes on it for the lugs, all I need now are some throw-offs (2), set of diecast hoops and a snare wire. I'll post some updated pics for all of you later.

ahh..

gusto ko rin sana gumawa ng katuLad nyan, kaso hindi ko pa aLam kung makakabiLi ako ng diamond steeL pLate na ganyan Lang kaLiit, tsaka busy din ako sa pag-aaraL kaya waLang time pumunta ng hardware..

hintayin ko na Lang matapos yan para may idea na ako.. hehehe

cLap cLap cLap  :-)

On the time of superstition man created God.. On the time of greed man created War.. -makLoy-

Offline makinao

« Reply #509 on: December 12, 2008, 11:44:45 PM »
The only snare I have ever owned. Pearl early 1970's #4514 chrome on steel, 14x5.5, 10 lugs. Bought it brand new in 1975 together with a Pearl "Thunder King" 5-drum set, which based on my research was a mid-level set at the time. I used it in gigs all over Luzon and Visayas, and I loaned it to a friend on one local multi-platinum album. I stopped playing in the late 1990's, and it was rusting away in a bodega until last week.

I got addicted to the classified section here a month ago, and was thinking of getting a brand new, or recent second-hand snare. But I suddenly overhauled this one on a whim because I figured a musical instrument with a colorful history is more interesting than a new one without.

New lugs, tension rods and strainer from Lazer. New Remo heads and a nice Gibraltar 6606 stand from JB at SM Fairview (thanks Alma). It still looks pretty bad, but I'm keeping it thinly lubricated in its bag so that it doesn't deteriorate. I tried it at a Christmas party today and it sounded gorgeous. I'm now saving up to restore the rest of the kit.

]

Offline thunder_god

• Veteran Member
« Reply #510 on: December 13, 2008, 01:08:49 AM »
The only snare I have ever owned. Pearl early 1970's #4514 chrome on steel, 14x5.5, 10 lugs. Bought it brand new in 1975 together with a Pearl "Thunder King" 5-drum set, which based on my research was a mid-level set at the time. I used it in gigs all over Luzon and Visayas, and I loaned it to a friend on one local multi-platinum album. I stopped playing in the late 1990's, and it was rusting away in a bodega until last week.

I got addicted to the classified section here a month ago, and was thinking of getting a brand new, or recent second-hand snare. But I suddenly overhauled this one on a whim because I figured a musical instrument with a colorful history is more interesting than a new one without.

New lugs, tension rods and strainer from Lazer. New Remo heads and a nice Gibraltar 6606 stand from JB at SM Fairview (thanks Alma). It still looks pretty bad, but I'm keeping it thinly lubricated in its bag so that it doesn't deteriorate. I tried it at a Christmas party today and it sounded gorgeous. I'm now saving up to restore the rest of the kit.

]

That is a great sounding snare. I was able to use one before and I was really amazed with the sound it created considering its pretty old. Anyway, you can still try restoring that snare and check if you can still bring back its original beauty. Just check this thread out. You might find it useful.

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,12706.90.html

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,12706.165.html

Thanks and keep drumming!
"I tend to punish my gear so I like the angry Z Customs, while the classic A compliments the destruction."

Offline metalmuhlisha

• Veteran Member
« Reply #511 on: December 13, 2008, 01:10:34 AM »
nice. you should totally do a complete restoration of it, if even only for nostalgia reasons.
kung di mo alam, isipin muna ang GMG bago ang lahat: Google Mo, G**O!

Offline smutdrummer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #512 on: December 13, 2008, 04:52:57 AM »
nice and classic!
maybe get a better lugs than that of lazer :)

Offline makinao

« Reply #513 on: December 13, 2008, 08:09:17 AM »
Thanks for the compliments and advice. Yes, I should treat this as a "work in progress", then move over to the restoration thread if I fix anything else. I haven't finished reading that thread. I've only gotten to the part about coke :-)

I'll still keep playing this snare every chance I get though, regardless of how it looks. It really sounds so nice.

Offline suspendead

« Reply #514 on: December 13, 2008, 09:34:39 AM »
ahh..

gusto ko rin sana gumawa ng katuLad nyan, kaso hindi ko pa aLam kung makakabiLi ako ng diamond steeL pLate na ganyan Lang kaLiit, tsaka busy din ako sa pag-aaraL kaya waLang time pumunta ng hardware..

hintayin ko na Lang matapos yan para may idea na ako.. hehehe

cLap cLap cLap  :-)

Bro buying a small piece of the diamond steel plate cost more than buying the whole sheet. I also dont know why but that is what most steel sellers are doing. Kinda upsetting but its true. If I find more, maybe I can help you out.

Anyway, here are some few updated pics of the shell with the lugs...

Offline kibohead

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #515 on: December 13, 2008, 12:15:31 PM »
may nakita ako na ganyan na sheet sa steel works dito sa amin sa commonwealth, pag gusto niyo...yung ala diamond plate, try ko tanungin yung no. nila for inquiries...pede niyo na din dun ipa-cut at pabilog.

lapit na niyan dennis ah! binyagan na yan!!! hahaha nice work. abangan ko yan matapos.

Offline mr. trigger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #516 on: December 13, 2008, 08:56:14 PM »
san pedeng mag pa bearing edge kung ganyan ang shell ko mga dude?

Offline mr. trigger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #517 on: December 13, 2008, 09:01:16 PM »

:evil: astig saludo!

Offline suspendead

« Reply #518 on: December 14, 2008, 11:01:40 AM »
san pedeng mag pa bearing edge kung ganyan ang shell ko mga dude?

Sa machine shop pwede magpabearing edge, bantayan mo lang habang ginagawa para ma-guide mo at mapantay.

Updates on the snare. Tested it out without the Throw-off and with the 2 throw-off. Diecast hoops not purchased yet so I have to settle for a regular hoop hehehe.

Without the Throw-offs:

With Throw-offs:

All it needs now is a pair of Diecast hoops, a paintjob and a new set of heads...

Offline CDodrummer

« Reply #519 on: December 14, 2008, 01:08:09 PM »
astig bro
Duct tape has a light and darker side. Like the Force, it holds the world together

Offline simplypao

• Netizen Level
« Reply #520 on: December 14, 2008, 03:55:48 PM »
Kamusta tunog nito? parang lars ulrich snare hehehe

Offline mr. trigger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #521 on: December 14, 2008, 08:53:05 PM »
Sa machine shop pwede magpabearing edge, bantayan mo lang habang ginagawa para ma-guide mo at mapantay.

Updates on the snare. Tested it out without the Throw-off and with the 2 throw-off. Diecast hoops not purchased yet so I have to settle for a regular hoop hehehe.

Without the Throw-offs:

With Throw-offs:

All it needs now is a pair of Diecast hoops, a paintjob and a new set of heads...
ASTIG! DUDE  :-o thanks sa info, hehehe magkanu kaya lahat lahat ng ginastos mu sir?

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #522 on: December 14, 2008, 09:18:43 PM »

Without the Throw-offs:

With Throw-offs:

hayuf dennis!!! dalin na sa eb yan hehehe :-D

Offline mambo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #523 on: December 15, 2008, 04:36:23 AM »
ang danda danda!
kamusta yung tunog nya sir?

bigat siguro nyan!hehhe  :wink:

DRUM ITEMS FOR SALE!! http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,192546.0.html

"Its better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb"

Offline makLoy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #524 on: December 15, 2008, 10:40:58 AM »

Without the Throw-offs:

With Throw-offs:

how much did it cost you sir?  :-D