hulika

Author Topic: Incubus - Morning View  (Read 16211 times)

Offline stiffy

• Netizen Level
yo
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2002, 10:59:30 PM »
Quote from: marcky
all you non-incubus fans, why waste your precious time posting in this thread? the guy/girl was just stating his/her humble opinion about the band's new album. you don't have to go around pretending you're the bloody queen of england knowing everything. scram if you don't like the album! :eek:

to each his own, man.

incubus fan ako!:D
refuse....deny....and unlearn........

Offline blackaquea

• Netizen Level
everything is music
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2002, 04:39:39 PM »
darn...i really like incubus as much as i used to like the moffatts....i suck...whatever:eek:
i am obscure, behind the sea...
breaking the sands to catch your knees...
send me a cure, somebody would a lighthouse beam for me...

Offline auGuSt23

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Incubus - Morning View
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2002, 06:53:28 AM »
yeah, I agree with marcky.
People who waste their time dissing a band without any regard for the musical quality is a total loser .  That goes to you, i haight you!  What a fag...  Walk the walk, man!  Geezus!  You have what I call that "iskwater" attitude--you act like a threatened dog that barks at everyone.  I tell you, my dear i haight you, YOUR BARK IS WORSE THAN YOUR BITE.  
I suggest you let go, try living this thing called LIFE.  You probably wasted 30 minutes of yuor slow-thinking life just to post a reply.  My sympathy goes for you.

As to you, blackaquea, I admire your honesty.  Thanks for admitting you suck.  We need people like you to look up to.  
Unlike that unregistered ass who posted his frustrations because he didn't become the thing that INCUBUS has now become.  I swear, he's in that irrevocable state of sour-graping.

Offline auGuSt23

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Incubus - Morning View
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2002, 07:12:02 AM »
What I admire the most about the band, is their funky lyrics (I speak of their ENJOY INCUBUS album).  I mean, if you were like, what, 17/18, would you care to write things about the possibility of other things? When I was that age all I think about are my crush, my pimples, my ass.  Life was simpler back then.  Now take a look at this funky lyrics:

TaKe_mE_tO_yOuR_lEaDeR
What if your brain, unexpectedly and suddenly,
picked out things to flip around and view a lot differently?
What if blue sky, all of a sudden turned a purple hue?
We would [gooey brown stuff] a brick the size of all of it... what if?
What if I was just dreaming? What if I lived in a pear?...

Azteeg, di ba?!  Thinking about living inside a pear? :)

In their MAKE YOURSELF album, this song speaks of truth:

THE DAY YOU WERE BORN, YOU WERE BORN FREE.
THAT IS YOUR PRIVILEGE. --Privilege.

Anyone who says incubus suck knows nothing.
As in NOTHING.

You're just this stupid P O S E R who doesn't know [gooey brown stuff] about music.

Offline blackaquea

• Netizen Level
Incubus - Morning View
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2002, 09:03:16 AM »
i really admire the way they shifted their music into different genres....i hear a lot of people shocked and hating the fact that their music is turning into jazz (specifically with 'are you in')but it's not necessarily jazz that they're turning into...the truth is, they could turn their music into anything they want and it's still great...they're still incubus...it's just that other people could not live up to the changes they make...personally i like these lyrics

Circles
You saw me lost in treading water
I looked pathetic and as helpless as a stinger without a bee
but underneath my presentation, yeah
I knew the walls were coming down
and the stones that fell were aiming away from me

Hey, what would it mean to you?
(what would it mean to you?)
to know that it'll come back around again
hey, whatever it means to you
(whatever it means to you)
know that everything moves in circles, yeah

I saw you standing in my headlights, blink blink blink
I thought I'd run you down for the weight you left on me
but then I pressed rewind, reversed and drove away
and see you, disappear in my rearview
brought to me the word reciprocity

and....

(Oooooh) (x9)
I am bottled fizzy water
and you were shaking me up
you are a fingernail running down
the chalkboard I thought I left in third grade
now my only consolation
is that this could not last forever
even though you're singing and thinking
how well you've got it made

Who are you?
when will you be through?
yeah, it's just a phase
it will be over soon
yeah, it's just a phase
yeah, it's just a... phase

Call it women's intuition
but I think I'm on to something here
temporaryism has been the black plague
and the Jesus of our age
I know that I sound opinionated
maybe biased and quite possibly jaded
but sooner than later they'll be
throwing quarters at you on the stage

Who are you?
when will you be through?
yeah, it's just a phase
it will be over soon
yeah, it's just a... phase
and I am waiting for it to be over too
(yeah, oooooh) (x7)

i guess there is a whole lot more and i'm really looking forward to their next album.....:p
i am obscure, behind the sea...
breaking the sands to catch your knees...
send me a cure, somebody would a lighthouse beam for me...

Offline auGuSt23

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Incubus - Morning View
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2002, 06:53:09 AM »
I am bottled fizzy water
and you were shaking me up
you are a fingernail running down
the chalkboard I thought I left in third grade
now my only consolation
is that this could not last forever
even though you're singing and thinking
how well you've got it made

Exactly.  That's that part of the song i like about JUST A PHASE.  I presume you like the song too, blackaquea.  And that's good, I guess. :) I just wish it should've been that song they release instead of Circles.  

Btw, this tattoo was done by B. Boyd.  I know its not significant to the review, but what the heck  :)

Blackaquea, what's your favorite non-Morning Vu song?  Thought I'd ask.

Offline auGuSt23

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Incubus - Morning View
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2002, 07:16:17 AM »
Quote from: blackaquea

i guess there is a whole lot more and i'm really looking forward to their next album.....:p

Actually, they have a new album already.  Its kinda like REANIMATION of linkin park.  Only, it has live versions of their Morning View songs instead of remixes.  So technically its the same album.  But they have bonus tracks in it.  So yun.

I'll answer my own question. The non-Morning Vu song I lOove the most is YOU WILL BE A HOT DANCER (Enjoy Incubus).  Damn!  Its so funky and very nu-metallic! The lyrics are alright, I mean, its not that deep.  Its about a guy who's a bit shy to come out of his own shell and so he abuses him to the max... telling him to undress him, make him dance, stuff like that.  The music is so very dance-able.  Its soO cool, like this guy here :cool: .  You want the lyrics?

yOu_wIlL_bE_a_hOt_dAnCeR
Damn, this situation's new to me, why?
I see a head afraid to be himself,
I bet he'd like to have a little encouragement from the opposite,
come that side of the floor...Yes!
Egg him along, make him feel at ease with himself,
steal his clothes, leave him his shoes,
let's get this marmaduke naked!
Make him feel at ease,
let's get this marmaduke naked so lose your head and go to
pieces.....Don't you make fun of me...don't you make fun of me!
I'm gonna be, gonna be, I'm gonna be a hot dancer!
Oohh...
now that the basics are down, converse amongst yourselves.
But, keep an eye out for the next complication.
In other words, grab the next mother****er marmaduke,
who refuses to submit to these pelvic ostentations.
I can't wait until the syllables bend.
Let's get this marmaduke naked, let's get this marmaduke
naked...so lose your head and go to pieces!
Don't you make fun of me...don't you make fun of me!
I'm gonna be, gonne be, I'm gonna be a hot dancer!

Offline auGuSt23

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Incubus - Morning View
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2002, 07:30:12 AM »
Hey guys, have you heard of AUDIOVENT?

Their song THE ENERGY rocks.

You want to see an interview about them? (I just read here that the guys in the band are brothers of Brandon Boyd and Mike Einziger.  How cool is that, huh?!)  Check this out!

http://designermagazine.tripod.com/AudioventINT1.html

Kudos guys!

Another of Brandon's Masterpiece...

Offline auGuSt23

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Bending silver spoons??
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2002, 06:27:32 AM »
Quote from: LeftBehind2261
I don't see the diffrence between the first incubus album and the latest.. the lyrics make no sense and have some sort of interpretive dance theme... KISS is better..

doi!

Better than watching Gellar bending silver spoons

It speaks of Sarah Michelle Gellar doing her thing in BUFFY the VAMPIRE SLAYER... Doing magic, killing those draculas, BENDING SILVER SPOONS .  B. Boyd says it is better than watching that stupid TV show...

Get the drift?!  Boy, I swear, you are so left behind...  No wonder you don't get half the things Incubus say...  I question not only your judgment, but also your IQ.  Will you do me a favor?
Go back to Grade III, will you?  *sighs*  People are either dumb or stupid to not get that line.  But you make an exception.  You are BOTH.

What other part of the song don't you understand?

Just post it here and I'd be more than happy to teach a mentally-challenged person (you know, for charity reasons...)

You know what?  Why don't you educate yourself first then come back later.  Maybe at that moment you'd be worthy of other people's busy time and mine.

[grape]...

Offline HookerWitaPenis

• Netizen Level
Incubus - Morning View
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2002, 12:14:10 PM »

Brandon Boyd wasnt talking about Sarah Michelle Gellar in that line, Mr. Boyd is talking about Uri Gellar, he's a well known pyschic,illusionist....much better than David Blaine...  and why would BrandonBoyd watch Buffy? he's too intelligent to watch that crappy show.....

Incubus lyrics are very simple but they can be deep as hell

And to all of you incubus haters out there get life...incubus is one of those few bands who can still put on a great live show!!!

Offline LeftBehind2261

• Philmusicus Noobitus
heey.....
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2002, 08:33:49 AM »
uhmm.... okay sure whatever ya say. But still, don't see how anyone can listen to their music. it's waaaay beyond me. It's just like you teenie-boppers to take other people's opinions sooo seriously. Well, what would i expect from a teenie bopper forum?? Very interesting hookerwithapenis. And chill august23. have a nice day, uhm.... "dude" or "homie" whatever you prefer..
I am one, I am all, I'm above and beyond..

Offline auGuSt23

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Incubus - Morning View
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2002, 05:42:14 AM »
Quote from: HookerWitaPenis

Brandon Boyd wasnt talking about Sarah Michelle Gellar in that line, Mr. Boyd is talking about Uri Gellar, he's a well known pyschic,illusionist....much better than David Blaine...  and why would BrandonBoyd watch Buffy? he's too intelligent to watch that crappy show.....

Incubus lyrics are very simple but they can be deep as hell

And to all of you incubus haters out there get life...incubus is one of those few bands who can still put on a great live show!!!

Yeah, how do you know about that, hooker?  I mean had you personally talked to him and discuss the lyrics wit him?  The answer is, you don't.  Lyrics can be open to many interpretations, dude.  It can only be bound by one's imagination.  So whatever the crap you're saying about Uri Gellar and whatnot, I refuse to take as the truth.  Though the Gellar thing does make sense when seen in Uri's persona. But what ****in' ever!

I believe the song NICE TO KNOW YOU is all about the "awakening" or something...  Like:

I haven't felt the way
I feel today
In so long
Its hard for me to specify
I'm beginning to notice
How much this feels
Like the waking limb
Pins and needles  
Nice to know you

Actually I think the song's not THAT deep, you know? Oo nga, they can be deep sometimes but this is not one of them. I even think NTKY describes his feeling of having an erection or sumn.  Or mebbe there's just so much perversion going on in my mind to see it as such.  But WTF, right?!  Let's not fight about it TRANS (as in transvestite, hookerwitapenis... get it? *wink wink*) you have my respect, love...;)

I'm not gonna waste my anything refuting whatever turd that comes outa your mouth, LeftBehind2261.  You're a lost cause.  I'd rather be called a "dudette", though.

Offline HookerWitaPenis

• Netizen Level
Incubus - Morning View
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2002, 01:29:01 PM »
i know for a fact that line was all about uri gellar. just do a search on thatguy and youll find out that he's well known for bending silverspoon... i really dont want to argue with an incubus fan and i do agree that all songs are open for interpretations and that cool with me.
btw, brandon wrote NTKY after he injured his hand and it went numb for 2 weeks and he wrote it after he got feeling back.  hence the line 'havent felt the wayi feel today in so long...' im not sure if thatmakes sense but he said it in an interview with  mtv...

in my opinion aquaeous transmission is the best song on morning view..very creative

Offline auGuSt23

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Incubus - Morning View
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2002, 03:55:34 AM »
Quote from: HookerWitaPenis
i really dont want to argue with an incubus fan and i do agree that all songs are open for interpretations and that cool with me.
btw, brandon wrote NTKY after he injured his hand and it went numb for 2 weeks and he wrote it after he got feeling back.  hence the line 'havent felt the wayi feel today in so long...' im not sure if thatmakes sense but he said it in an interview with  mtv...

in my opinion aquaeous transmission is the best song on morning view..very creative

So like, I'm an incufan and you're not?  And you don't want to argue wit me because I am what you categorically imply?  Will you hear yourself speaking that!  Don't make me tell you that you are INCUFIED, honey.  Just admit it.  Looks like you deny yourself the honor of owning to it.  Nakaka-'bawas' manhood ba?  What's the deal wit that?! ;)

That's why I don't understand men sometimes...

Though I agree.  Aquaeous Transmission kicks bad arse!

Offline HookerWitaPenis

• Netizen Level
Incubus - Morning View
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2003, 01:41:19 PM »
don't get me wrong babe but i'm a big incubus fan. i love all of thier work especially SCIENCE and Fungus Amongus(both displayed Brandon's wit and nerdiness :) ). Make Yourself showed  growth and put them on the map and in my opinion Morning View is pretty good but its thier weakest yet, the lyrics are still there but im not impressed with the music part, they should let Kilmore do his thing a lil' more. i  dont mind them going all "mellow and soft" as long as they do it right. Last i heard theyre preparing for a new album, hopefully they take thier time and make some kick ass music

Offline StellarNepenthe

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Incubus - Morning View
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2003, 04:52:08 PM »
tsk tsk.. this turned out a pathetic thread... but i agree with hooker.

INCUFIED

shet! this made me laugh so hard! and august, what the hell made you think that that "Geller line" was about Buffy? hahahaha! i can't stop laughing talaga! sori.. heh

the paranormalist is Uri Geller, not Gellar. :D

Offline auGuSt23

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Incubus - Morning View
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2003, 10:41:18 PM »
Okay, if that seems to puzzle the hell out of you I thought about Sarah Gellar BECAUSE of her character in Buffy…  

Better than watching GELLER bending silver spoons

Buffy kills vampires and those evil things so I thought it must have something to do with magic.  I admit I wasn’t aware of the paranormalist’s existence until Hooker corrected me.  Nicely.  Good god must you have to rub it in my face?  Some people are hatin’ Incubus in the thread and that’s all what you have to say?  That his name is Geller?  You didn’t even bother giving any useful input about the album and now you’re callin’ this thread pathetic already?

Right.  Go jump in the bandwagon, StellarNepenthe.  Freakin’ poser...

Offline StellarNepenthe

• Philmusicus Noobitus
and all hell broke loose...
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2003, 08:19:33 AM »
just because i said your statement made me laugh. did i offend your ego? sorry.

You didn’t even bother giving any useful input about the album and now you’re callin’ this thread pathetic already?

yes, i still think it is because almost half of the comments don't talk about the album/artist and just a couple of people fighting their guts out, losing their cool. heh.

Right. Go jump in the bandwagon, StellarNepenthe. Freakin’ poser...

now, not that i'm easily pissed by a childish rant... hahaha. do you know me better than I know myself? certainly not!

August23, please read all your comments again and tell me you didn't start any of the "negativities" in this thread... and yeah, i pity you for this:
Actually, they have a new album already. Its kinda like REANIMATION of linkin park.
:confused:

Offline auGuSt23

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Incubus - Morning View
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2003, 09:13:03 PM »
pity away, stellar nepenthe...  like i give a damn...

Actually, they have a new album already. Its kinda like REANIMATION of linkin park.

I'm no music expert, but what i meant by that is that Incubus released an album which had the same tracks on Morning View.  That's why I likened them to Reanimation of Linkin Park.  

You don't believe me?!?

Click it, dammit!

That's the album that I'm referring to.  Come to think of it, I may have misled people by saying its "new" but what the heck, I said what I said, go read it again.  Its like Reanimation because the same songs are in the album, only in a different packaging.

You, StellarNepenthe, on the other hand, mistook my saying as 'Incubus sounds like Reanimation of Linkin Park' which led you into pitying me (or what ****in ever the reason you have of pitying me, save it my friend cos I don't care).  Like I said, pity away, and go on telling how this thread is pathetic and all that crap, cause that only shows how condescending you have become to me and to the other people who posted here.

And if your action does not fit into the term of a poser, or poseur  (Webster's New World Dictionary : A person who assumes attitudes or manners merely for their effect upon others), then je ne sais quoi...

Offline HookerWitaPenis

• Netizen Level
Incubus - Morning View
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2003, 11:15:40 AM »
reanimation sucks. linkin park dont even match up wit incubus talent wise.

Offline StellarNepenthe

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Incubus - Morning View
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2003, 03:58:54 PM »
my thoughts exactly. and linkin fart is recording something new after 4 years of the same stuff! wee! *sarcasm*

nways, august and i have made amends...

Offline auGuSt23

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Incubus - Morning View
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2003, 01:05:25 PM »
that we did, Sugar..  that we did. ;)

BTW, have you downloaded the CERTAIN SHADE OF LOUNGE song in the Time Lapse Consortium?  Sobrang mellow na cool and astig..  Too many screaming girls though, cos live but still can kick any linkin park ass any time of day!

Ngayon, musically, I have more respect of them as a band.

Especially to Brandon.  Gwapo kasi eh, so it kinda gives that 'dumb blonde' cliche when in fact there is so much more to what the haters know of him..  Its sad, though.

Anyway, here's the link if you haven't heard of the song yet:

CERTAIN SHADE OF LOUNGE

Sa News part ng enjoyincubus.com yung song.  Jazzy ang dating, noh?!

The music...

Offline auGuSt23

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Incubus - Morning View
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2003, 01:13:43 PM »
whoa... i sound like a teeny ha.  

But I like the SCIENCE album more than MV.  Ewan.  Makulit kasi eh.

Its natural for people to change, be it for better or worse.  All you gotta do is acknowledge that, and you'll be fine...

So I tell that to myself.

Offline StellarNepenthe

• Philmusicus Noobitus
lizard lounge!
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2003, 03:44:25 PM »
yeah, les! that version is fantabulous, mantasmagorical, fantamazing!!!! hehehe! :D too bad there's no sampling of that other song they did in the end.. the surfer's tribute to calabasas? was it "los 3 putos?"

Offline HookerWitaPenis

• Netizen Level
Incubus - Morning View
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2003, 12:45:39 PM »
Linkin park is gonna release their album in march and limp bizkit's gonna release an album soon and apparently both band are gonna tour wit metallica, deftones and mudvayne whoa! whether u like those bands or not its gonna be huge. and Incubus might tour on lollapalooza wit qotsa and audioslave...