hulika

Author Topic: David Adams, music and soul  (Read 1473 times)

Offline Teja

• Forum Fanatic
David Adams, music and soul
« on: January 25, 2007, 05:39:51 PM »
I got a chance to interview an international artist and actually get to dig into his music. David adams has been around the music industry for 10 years. hitting successful events and gigs around the UK and Europe.

David Adams is more than just a brand or name of a fusion pop music group. It is not about the music or the artist. It is about the meaning, which lies within the words of each song as each single is purposely directed towards a powerful message designed to open an awareness of self, of positivity and of the interrelation of all things with the ultimate aim of fostering a positive Mental attitude and creating a universal collective consciousness. That being said the music format is driven to the adult contemporary markets, and has extensive mainstream value.

His track, Keep the Candle Burning (from the A time to Fly album), just gets into ones subconciousness.

"hold me, and keep the candle burning
keep it so bright night and day
listen to my feelings
touch my body and touch my soul."

simply written but the lyrics are just so powerful with meanings after meanings.
The musicality of this track is just superb that it actually takes you to a romantic-but-surreal setting.

Another track (an upbeat one) that actually blew my mind is I've got What you Need (from the same album). it's simplicity is just so endearing that you would eventually find yourself humming to the song.

Every track from the said album is intimately written and arranged to perfectly cater to every listener.

You might want to visit tower and get an album...i promise y'all........you would be owning an immortal artifact.

Here's "A Day with a Paladin"...A David Adams interview.

TB: where did you grow up?
DA: East London

TB: Is there anything about growing up in East London that specifically helped to nurture your musical skills?
DA: the energy of the place.the good consistency of dance music.the vibe of London.. it just always help to be creative.

TB: You've written your first piece when you were six and performed it live at the age of seven. you've shown potential at a very early age. you are what we might call a prodigy...at that time, were you actually thinkin of pursuing a career and making it big on the music industry?
DA: yeah at that time i was doing sessions at school and actually thought of it.

TB: Every musician went through a hard time with their careers.I wanna ask, what is the biggest hindrance you've encountered so far?how did you cope with the hindrances of your musical career?
DA: to always believe that eventually my music would be heard to have constant beleif and possibility to put out my music... and search for licensing (laughs)

TB: As a musician you've become quite known for much more than just being a great singer. You're a composer, arranger and a producer. Was this something you always aspired toward? How did this evolution take place?
DA: Ive always used producers before and then i decided that I should produce my second album. i dont really have any experience in producing.

TB: Who are your musical influences?
DA: I would say Michael Jackson's thriller album, Sting, Lenny Kravitz, Seal's first album

TB: Who are the musicians you've worked with so far?
DA: Keith Martin the rest I just can't remember (laughs)

TB: What current projects are you working on?
DA: Other projects...currently focusing on the 2nd album

TB: Do you have a favorite David Adams song, recording live performance? if so, why?
DA: The song Lift Me Up from the first album. Because it's a very inspirational song when your searching for that something that brings out the best in you.
Live perfomance? Yeah when i played for bbc1 radio to 8 thousand people.

TB: what can we expect from the new album?
DA: classic, pop, jazz, rnb vibe far more distinct in its lyrics not so deep as the first album..this one is very light.the production is far stronger than the first album.

there you have it...and also with another album to wait for?? that would be friggin exciting.

pls. visit http://www.myspace.com/davidanthonyadams for the music. much love...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 09:04:23 PM by Teja »
If cows could fly, would we still say "herd" or "flock" of cows?

Offline ejbasses

• Forum Fanatic
Re: David Adams, music and soul
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 11:40:57 PM »
oi!

Astig to!

Cool, may interview pa!
analog signal processing equipment
Read My Blog! http://kaliKotaudio.blogspot.com
Like my Facebook Page! http://www.facebook.com/KalikotAudio

Offline deedee91874

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 11:45:52 PM »
uy ok ito ah.

im really intersted in those kinds of stuff.

aside from tower where is the album available.

btw got a link to the site i sure would like to check out the music

Oinkst

Offline Teja

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 06:59:30 PM »
here's a link to a couple of his music.. http://www.myspace.com/davidanthonyadams

Offline Teja

• Forum Fanatic
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 07:18:28 PM by Teja »