hulika

Author Topic: Apple Watch vs. Other Smartwatches  (Read 10361 times)

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
Apple Watch vs. Other Smartwatches
« on: September 15, 2014, 12:23:49 PM »
Do you guys think the Apple Watch is worth it?

USD 350 (around P21,000, including duties and taxes) for probably the basic sport (aluminum) model, not waterproof.

Personally, I'm an Apple fan, and I think I won't buy it. I think the sensors are great, the functionality top notch. But it's just not watch enough. It still feels like a tiny ass computer on your wrist. A home screen, too busy touch interface, not waterproof, one day battery life.. I just wish they'd actually take features away from the smartwatch. No more stupid ass "taptic" feature or whatever.
A watch is a glanceable piece of technology, and the Apple watch is not like that. You cant finish an interaction with the Apple Watch in under 5 seconds.

I'd rather have a Pebble smartwatch. P7K, e-ink display, 1 week battery life, and does a lot, but only enough. for the health buffs, eh di dagdag ka ng Fitbit force. P7K din. That's still P14K for almost all the functionality of the Apple Watch.

Your thoughts?
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline j3yps

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Apple Watch vs. Other Smartwatches
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 12:20:43 PM »
Do you guys think the Apple Watch is worth it?

USD 350 (around P21,000, including duties and taxes) for probably the basic sport (aluminum) model, not waterproof.

Personally, I'm an Apple fan, and I think I won't buy it. I think the sensors are great, the functionality top notch. But it's just not watch enough. It still feels like a tiny ass computer on your wrist. A home screen, too busy touch interface, not waterproof, one day battery life.. I just wish they'd actually take features away from the smartwatch. No more stupid ass "taptic" feature or whatever.
A watch is a glanceable piece of technology, and the Apple watch is not like that. You cant finish an interaction with the Apple Watch in under 5 seconds.

I'd rather have a Pebble smartwatch. P7K, e-ink display, 1 week battery life, and does a lot, but only enough. for the health buffs, eh di dagdag ka ng Fitbit force. P7K din. That's still P14K for almost all the functionality of the Apple Watch.

Your thoughts?

Ako rin sana i'd rather choose a different brand knowing that apple watch is only water resistant, but the features of the apple watch is making me think twice, the maps/navigation function  of the watch is extremely useful for me specially if i'm in another country.

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 01:45:36 PM »
Ako rin sana i'd rather choose a different brand knowing that apple watch is only water resistant, but the features of the apple watch is making me think twice, the maps/navigation function  of the watch is extremely useful for me specially if i'm in another country.

I am interested on how it will actually do. Tulad nung iPad, nung unang tingin, sabi ko talaga hindi sya magiging media consumption device dahil sa aspect ratio nya (4:3 when everything else was already in 16:9, and 12-14 inches). boy was I wrong.

I guess it will be the same here with the Apple Watch. I just ordered a Pebble (hooray!) and even I find it too much for my own use, even as an iOS user, andit has a great battery life too. But we never know until we try the Apple one. hopefully the price drops significantly, at least for the anodized aluminum one.

Offline j3yps

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 01:47:57 PM »

I am interested on how it will actually do. Tulad nung iPad, nung unang tingin, sabi ko talaga hindi sya magiging media consumption device dahil sa aspect ratio nya (4:3 when everything else was already in 16:9, and 12-14 inches). boy was I wrong.

I guess it will be the same here with the Apple Watch. I just ordered a Pebble (hooray!) and even I find it too much for my own use, even as an iOS user, andit has a great battery life too. But we never know until we try the Apple one. hopefully the price drops significantly, at least for the anodized aluminum one.

I agree, i was supposed to get a pebble in SG last week to pair up with my 6+. But since I'm going to HK on feb, i just decided to just wait  for the apple watch

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 02:05:12 PM »
I agree, i was supposed to get a pebble in SG last week to pair up with my 6+. But since I'm going to HK on feb, i just decided to just wait  for the apple watch

a friend was in the US the past couple of weeks,so I asked her to buy one for me. can't afford an Apple watch tho  :eek:

Offline j3yps

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 02:08:20 PM »

a friend was in the US the past couple of weeks,so I asked her to buy one for me. can't afford an Apple watch tho  :eek:

You'll get a better deal that way. I got my 128gb 6+ for S$1,7++ nagkakaubusan kasi dun, i want to get the phone already so pikit mata nalang

Offline loubs_king

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 10:21:20 PM »
Sony Live View, yan gamit ko dati until nasira ko yung isa, tapos nawala ko naman yung pangalawa.

Now i'm still looking forward to have one again, though wala na ako mahanap. It cost me Php 1,300 dun sa isa, yung isa 1k ko lang nabili brand new..
-------------------------------------------------
Loubert
loubs_king@yahoo.com

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 10:14:58 PM »
Get the huawei smartwatch. The design is promising.

http://www.wareable.com/android-wear/huawei-watch-price-release-date-spec-893

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 08:54:14 AM »
Get the huawei smartwatch. The design is promising.

http://www.wareable.com/android-wear/huawei-watch-price-release-date-spec-893

Hardware wise, looks like Huawei did it again! But it's still an Android Wear device, and works within the limitations of the software's requirements. 1.5 days battery life just doesn't cut it for me, while the Pebble and Pebble Time get 1 week tops of always-on battery life. Even Pebble Time Round, which is slim as fck, gets two days tops, still always-on. (Actually, Pebble watches don't have a "display off" option).

Pebble is still the better "watch," IMO. Android Wear is doing a better job than Apple in terms of the "smartwatch-ness" but they both try to do too many phone things in a watch.

Offline mozart123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 05:23:56 PM »
check out my new page:Condo for sale Luzon.

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 05:26:02 PM »

Casiong-Casio pala yung mukha ng Pebble Steel  :lol: di ko type. I'm happy I got the black one! yung watchface ko yung binary clock akala lagi ng mga tao screensaver  :lol:

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 06:02:18 PM »
the Tag Heuer looks really cool! and the price tag too! if i had the moolah, id probably get this instead of the apple watch! plus, you can swap it sometime to an old school watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuSs2scOLS8
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 10:57:22 PM by hunk0429 »

Offline tipipeski

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2015, 02:49:38 PM »
Smartwatch?

I think, my smartphone is good enough for my daily needs and wants

But since I'm a runner, I'll choose Garmin Forerunner 920XT. Almost the same price as apple watch, but hey, 4months battery life in watch mode, 24hrs gps mode & 48hrs on ultra-trac mode, 50m water resistant, etc

http://www.rei.com/product/881935/garmin-forerunner-920xt-fitness-monitor?cm_mmc=aff_AL-_-22095-_-191073-_-NA&avad=191073_f9e279ee&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rei.com%2Fproduct%2F881935%2Fgarmin-forerunner-920xt-fitness-monitor%3Fcm_mmc%3Daff_AL-_-22095-_-191073-_-NA%26avad%3D191073_f9e279ee&avad=191073_f9e279ee
 | God's Love Never Fails

Offline Digidog78

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2015, 03:06:28 PM »
You guys are right about Pebble. I still have my old Pebble Steel for when I travel. Nothing beats its battery life. Been using the LG G Watch R for the past few months. Recently upgraded to the Huawei watch. Loving it so far.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Stay Frosty

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2015, 11:32:54 AM »

You guys are right about Pebble. I still have my old Pebble Steel for when I travel. Nothing beats its battery life. Been using the LG G Watch R for the past few months. Recently upgraded to the Huawei watch. Loving it so far.

Is that the huawei? Looks nice! Better than Pebble Steel looks wise. Kumusta battery life?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Digidog78

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2015, 04:14:37 PM »
Is that the huawei? Looks nice! Better than Pebble Steel looks wise. Kumusta battery life?

Yes sir, that's the Huawei. So far so good. It's rated (i think) for 2 days. Pero realistically, baka a day and a half would be pushing it. Pero my setting is "always-on". Maybe if "always-on" is off, baka kaya 2 days or even more.

The quality, to be fair, is top-notched. Napaka pulido. Unlike the original pebble steel... the pebble steel looks like it was made by a third-rate chinese manufacturing firm. Hehe.

Stay Frosty

Offline inot1105

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2015, 05:08:37 PM »
Not worth it.
Any smart watch today are still very much dependent on your smart phone.
I would wait until they are stand-alone.

that's just me

BR & God bless
1 Corinthians 3:19
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their own craftiness”;

Offline cameltoe

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2015, 09:21:30 PM »
Im still using my  good ol' pebble classic,dont really need the sensors.Just need the notifications,especially when driving..I can glance all my mails,sms even my fb notifications. best part it lasts for  6-7days tops!

Offline mozart123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2016, 12:39:03 PM »

« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 12:43:26 PM by mozart123 »
check out my new page:Condo for sale Luzon.