hulika

Author Topic: Les Paul Club Thread  (Read 1653408 times)

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Les Paul Club Thread
« Reply #9325 on: October 02, 2014, 09:15:23 PM »
Bry, that's a beautiful piece. How is it compared with your other LPs? Big improvement from the J Hu LPs?

Those blue caps...for blues tone. :nosebleed:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 09:22:25 PM by cayle »

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #9326 on: October 02, 2014, 09:24:30 PM »
Bry, how is it compared with your other LPs? Big improvement from the J Hu LPs?

Those blue caps...for blues tone. :nosebleed:

In comparison to?

body style its similar to my Gibby 08 Trad, but its heavier. the headstock angle is similar to my PRS single cut, 14 degrees.

In terms of styling its looks better has better hardware and construction. the tuners are gotoh

the J hu lp's were in the level of beginner guitars but also inconsistent and the shapes started going to the wrong direction LOL

it still needs some work for it but only in the frets, the radius is 12 but in reality you need to offset the level for the frets above the 15 so that you can get an action of 2.23mm and 1.48mm in the 12fret

so this out of the box had a higher action than most of my guitars so im going to adjust that. i think the pickups will stay for now

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9327 on: October 05, 2014, 09:36:49 AM »
You forgot the inlays are real MOP like those on carvins. The neck is similar to my r9 and they are using gotoh parts.
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #9328 on: October 05, 2014, 09:53:37 AM »
^^

Price-wise, I bet they're far from J.Hu na?  :lol:

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #9329 on: October 05, 2014, 01:16:41 PM »
You forgot the inlays are real MOP like those on carvins. The neck is similar to my r9 and they are using gotoh parts.

yes, they are real MOP, neck is slimmer than my 08 Trad.

^^

Price-wise, I bet they're far from J.Hu na?  :lol:

yes 4 j.hu's lol

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9330 on: October 05, 2014, 01:34:15 PM »

Soaking up some rays...
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline Lick and Slide

« Reply #9331 on: October 05, 2014, 11:24:18 PM »
My humble les paul

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9332 on: October 05, 2014, 11:33:29 PM »
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline Isons

« Reply #9333 on: October 06, 2014, 01:22:24 PM »
please disclose the traders details sa scammers thread to help spread the word...hindi biro yung ginagawa niyang panloloko...
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=293337.msg4348750#msg4348750

Hi Sir, Actually hindi dyan sa Pinas dito sa UAE ko sya kausap for Trade and I also informed the online site here where he posted now his guitar for sale (4,500aed for Christ Sake!!!) after I cancelled the deal. 

Offline plugzzzz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9334 on: October 06, 2014, 02:11:06 PM »
Hi Sir, Actually hindi dyan sa Pinas dito sa UAE ko sya kausap for Trade and I also informed the online site here where he posted now his guitar for sale (4,500aed for Christ Sake!!!) after I cancelled the deal.

eto ba yung sa dubizzle na supreme looks plang bro fake na. pinoy ba yung nagbebenta nito? kahit dito sa uae nagkalat fake
Kapag merong tanong o ikay naguguluhan igoogle mo

PLUGELECTRONIC'S RECTORIZER

Offline Isons

« Reply #9335 on: October 06, 2014, 06:11:56 PM »
eto ba yung sa dubizzle na supreme looks plang bro fake na. pinoy ba yung nagbebenta nito? kahit dito sa uae nagkalat fake

Yeah Mismo Man, Arabo nagbebenta nyan, Im also here in UAE sa Abu Dhabi, I messaged the owner also to remove his ads to avoid troubles, and I reported it sa Dubizzle but seems wala naman action na ginagawa. Anyway hope walang makabili.

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #9336 on: October 09, 2014, 03:34:52 AM »
Hiyaw?

Dunno if this what they call hiyaw but I love it!

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline marcus_gloom

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9337 on: October 09, 2014, 01:17:36 PM »
Somehow I find it really hard to set-up my epi les paul, as compared to my MIM strat. Any first-hand tips from long time epi les paul users here? 

Offline emg

« Reply #9338 on: October 10, 2014, 06:50:01 AM »
Mga sir.I have Gibson Les Paul Traditional Bigsby 2011. It is very heavy . do I keep it or sell it? yan po yun guitar ko same as pictures

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Traditional-Bigsby/Specs.aspx

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #9339 on: October 10, 2014, 07:10:42 AM »
Mga sir.I have Gibson Les Paul Traditional Bigsby 2011. It is very heavy . do I keep it or sell it? yan po yun guitar ko same as pictures

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Traditional-Bigsby/Specs.aspx

Ano yung ipapalit mo? Kung 2015 models, forget about them. Keep it.

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9340 on: October 10, 2014, 08:51:22 AM »

Nice guitar. Kung maganda tunog. Keep it. Tugtugin mo na lang  nakaupo.  :-D
“I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to everyone who will take it.., seek knowledge from those wiser than me and try to teach those who wish to learn from me.”

― Duane Allman

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9341 on: October 10, 2014, 09:18:50 AM »
Ano yung ipapalit mo? Kung 2015 models, forget about them. Keep it.

Hahaha...infamous 2015

Parang ok yung les paul light..yung manipis yung body...
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline juan_alderete

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9342 on: October 11, 2014, 05:36:36 PM »
recently got this Epiphone , its been so long na din to own this style of guitar, although I'm still a fender guy its nice just to have kung bga, needs work will change the strings, its so flabby can't even play it, I think it has 9's, also I hate the look of the tuners will change them out with some grover keystone, also on the way is a tonerider set, I must admit I just bought this because of the color, I always wanted a red LP hehe   :wink: 

Offline Ben Tsing Co

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9343 on: October 12, 2014, 08:34:59 AM »
“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Offline antuni

« Reply #9344 on: October 12, 2014, 12:32:19 PM »
2012 Les Paul Classic Custom with Bare Knuckle Aftermath

good deals: pixelwise • ponggak • sbalbaguio2006 • pinoysoul • ponscap • radiator28 • gelokaj • paulgeorge • B2G

www.instagram.com/photostakenbyanthony

Offline fred

« Reply #9345 on: October 13, 2014, 05:00:33 PM »
HI! My apologies if this was posted before (my laptop is slow when searching for past posts).

I was hoping a forumer experienced with LPs can assist me.

Here goes:
1. Switch on neck pickup -- sound is good, warm and clear.
2. Switch on bridge pickup  -- sound is good, bright and clear.
3. Now, when I put on the switch in the middle position --the sound has a lower volume when compared to the neck or bridge alone.
4. At the middle position, I can't seem to blend the two pickups together  -- when I lower the volume on one pickup, the sound of that pickup goes out totally even when the switch is in the middle.

The guitar is an MIC Epiphone Les Paul Custom. Is this  standard wiring for it?
Thanks for the assistance, guys!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 05:06:07 PM by fred »
Singapore Tours start at US$ 130 per person
for 3 Days and 2 Nights until Dec. 2013.  Hong-Kong Tours start at US$98 per person. PM me please. =)

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9346 on: October 13, 2014, 05:16:45 PM »
HI! My apologies if this was posted before (my laptop is slow when searching for past posts).

I was hoping a forumer experienced with LPs can assist me.

Here goes:
1. Switch on neck pickup -- sound is good, warm and clear.
2. Switch on bridge pickup  -- sound is good, bright and clear.
3. Now, when I put on the switch in the middle position --the sound has a lower volume when compared to the neck or bridge alone.
4. At the middle position, I can't seem to blend the two pickups together  -- when I lower the volume on one pickup, the sound of that pickup goes out totally even when the switch is in the middle.

The guitar is an MIC Epiphone Les Paul Custom. Is this  standard wiring for it?
Thanks for the assistance, guys!

Sounds modified to me.  The pickups are out of phase.  Electrically or magnetically.  You get the coils wound in the opposite direction, and some phase cancellation occurs, dropping your overall signal.  Same thing happens when one of the pickups' magnet is flipped south to north.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline fred

« Reply #9347 on: October 13, 2014, 07:24:35 PM »
Thanks! I will have it checked then.
for 3 Days and 2 Nights until Dec. 2013.  Hong-Kong Tours start at US$98 per person. PM me please. =)

Offline fred

« Reply #9348 on: October 15, 2014, 07:31:51 PM »
As an update, a Philmusic member-- "soldercraft" --- took note of my problem. We talked about it and he mentioned that he had re-wired his friend's LP for the same problem. Soldercraft came over to my house today (I appreciate that!) and re-wired mine.  The Les Paul was indeed, wired out of phase. The previous owner probably had modified it and the wiring was a mess. Mags got it sorted out. Very clean job!

First time I enjoyed my Epiphone Les Paul since I bought last year.  Much Thanks to Mags!

« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 08:11:18 PM by fred »

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9349 on: October 26, 2014, 03:47:42 PM »
Installed some parts for my Tokai LP.  :-D

Faber ABR bridge
Gotoh aluminum tailpiece