hulika

Author Topic: tips on how to QUIT smoking  (Read 23983 times)

Offline blacktele

• Forum Fanatic
Re: tips on how to QUIT smoking
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2011, 10:46:42 PM »
Nice tips pm bros!

Timely tips ito. I guess its time to quit.
GAS is proof that money has no value without velocity

Offline toysuki07

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2011, 12:37:44 AM »
im not a smoker, pero based on my smoker friends, kung hihinto daw sa pag yoyosi, dapat dahan dahan, wag biglang hinto kasi daw dun nakukuha yung cancer? From isang kaha, gawing stick stick nalang hanggang sa wala na... or ubusin mo ang pera sa food trip at iba pang bagay na makapagpapasaya sayo para wala nang pambili ng yosi! yeah!:)

Offline karl666

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2011, 12:07:30 PM »
marami akong friends na tumigil na magyosi, tas nag gain sila ng 10-20 pounds. gusto ko ng itigil kaso baka maggain din ako ng weight.. tsktsk.. tatry kong bawasan yosi ko pag nagstart na ulit ako sa gym para di ako maggain ng malaking timbang.

Salamat sa mga tips! :)
references: sbalbaguio2006 , washburny , pentagram x , markv , tone thinker, r_chino18

Offline 24242009

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2011, 10:31:36 PM »
mahirap talaga ihinto ang yosi (i smoked form 1996 - 2010), ako tagal ko na ring nagyosi. take up sports, yun lang maipapayo ko, kasi pag mayroong kang sports wala kang ibang pagpipilian kungdi itigil ito kasi nakakasira ng performance. try mo magboxing o running

Offline punkasspunk

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2011, 03:37:34 PM »
for me i smoke however when drinking only
i think it's all in the state of mind or if hindi tlaga
kaya mag-electronic cigarette ka na lang hehe  :)

Offline jem_adriano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2011, 05:12:40 PM »
search for pics of charred lungs

Offline yngwie09

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2011, 11:46:33 PM »
READ!
From Facebook:

A TRUE STORY WITH COUPLE'S PICTURE
(Must Read.. It Will Pull The Strings of Your Heart ♥)

This is a story of a couple from Phillippines, There was a girl named Julie who used to fear falling in love because she has seen her mother's suffering, this girl has lost her father when she was 13 and her mother was left all alone with his memories & Stolen Moments !! Her father used to smoke a lot and because of smoking he suffered from cancer and died !

It's true no one knows destiny, this girl Julie who used to fear love and hate smokers has fallen in love with one of his class mate named McCoy who was a chain smoker. she used to tell his fathers story to him every-time they met expecting him to quit Smoking. she realized that he has started avoiding her as his friends used to tease him whenever he used to smoke with them. Julie wanted to see him happy so she stopped objecting him :'( and just after 3 months of her relationship she realized that he is suffering from a lung disease called emphysema caused due to smoking.

McCoy has fallen seriously ill and his treatment started, it continued for 2 years many times his health became so worst that doctors also thought he will die !! But it was Julie's love who kept him alive and recover, all these 2 years she spent all her time with him in the hospital.. she stopped going to college.. fought with parents.. invested all her pocket money.. and thus she defined love ..♥

The Boy Recovered And Has Quit Smoking !! He Has married Julie And now they both are living together !! He always feels guilty for not listening to Julie earlier, he now gives one message to everyone "Do 100 things that friends asks you to do, but please don't do at-least that one thing that your love don't want you to do ..♥"

"Friends, i will not say Smoking is dangerous for health because that is already written on the box of smoke but i will like to tell you.. that you started smoking for yourself now quit it for someone who loves you !!

next time when your Love or your parents ask you not to smoke recall this True Love Story and answer yourself that do you want them to suffer for a mistake that you are doing today"

We SHARE so many things on Facebook, but how many of us will share this true love story and request our friends not to smoke ?? 2000+ people shared it will you share it
REFERENCES:your_guy,mannie,scofield,brown,PoW,ianpano,ARIS,bulog,
congthegreat,maximus0fficial,moncseb,cerelajauco,zasam_4,kaizer,endlesswalts08
sheepsmellslikeseashells

Offline markezekiel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2011, 12:12:28 PM »
sabi ng tito dahan dahan nyang binawasan para di mabigla.

Offline kelen

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2011, 12:51:15 PM »
READ!
From Facebook:

A TRUE STORY WITH COUPLE'S PICTURE
(Must Read.. It Will Pull The Strings of Your Heart ♥)

This is a story of a couple from Phillippines, There was a girl named Julie who used to fear falling in love because she has seen her mother's suffering, this girl has lost her father when she was 13 and her mother was left all alone with his memories & Stolen Moments !! Her father used to smoke a lot and because of smoking he suffered from cancer and died !

It's true no one knows destiny, this girl Julie who used to fear love and hate smokers has fallen in love with one of his class mate named McCoy who was a chain smoker. she used to tell his fathers story to him every-time they met expecting him to quit Smoking. she realized that he has started avoiding her as his friends used to tease him whenever he used to smoke with them. Julie wanted to see him happy so she stopped objecting him :'( and just after 3 months of her relationship she realized that he is suffering from a lung disease called emphysema caused due to smoking.

McCoy has fallen seriously ill and his treatment started, it continued for 2 years many times his health became so worst that doctors also thought he will die !! But it was Julie's love who kept him alive and recover, all these 2 years she spent all her time with him in the hospital.. she stopped going to college.. fought with parents.. invested all her pocket money.. and thus she defined love ..♥

The Boy Recovered And Has Quit Smoking !! He Has married Julie And now they both are living together !! He always feels guilty for not listening to Julie earlier, he now gives one message to everyone "Do 100 things that friends asks you to do, but please don't do at-least that one thing that your love don't want you to do ..♥"

"Friends, i will not say Smoking is dangerous for health because that is already written on the box of smoke but i will like to tell you.. that you started smoking for yourself now quit it for someone who loves you !!

next time when your Love or your parents ask you not to smoke recall this True Love Story and answer yourself that do you want them to suffer for a mistake that you are doing today"

We SHARE so many things on Facebook, but how many of us will share this true love story and request our friends not to smoke ?? 2000+ people shared it will you share it

alam ko irreversible ito? but anyway, this is the one thing you wouldn't want to get. wala pang sampung steps pagod ka na

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2011, 02:56:04 PM »
"Quitting smoking is easy! I've done it a hundred times!"
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline yngwie09

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2011, 03:12:56 PM »
alam ko irreversible ito? but anyway, this is the one thing you wouldn't want to get. wala pang sampung steps pagod ka na

true. kaya ako tinigil ko na. :wink:
REFERENCES:your_guy,mannie,scofield,brown,PoW,ianpano,ARIS,bulog,
congthegreat,maximus0fficial,moncseb,cerelajauco,zasam_4,kaizer,endlesswalts08
sheepsmellslikeseashells

Offline Fret_warrior

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2012, 05:29:12 PM »
try mo mag pa x-ray, pag may stage 3 cancer kana, sure ko titigil kana  :-D

Col. 2:8 ;
"Take care that no one takes you away by force, through man’s wisdom and deceit, going after the beliefs of men and the theories of the world, and not after Christ"

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2012, 05:57:12 PM »
it only takes the will to quit.. ako I quit 3x already and the last one will be the last na talaga since I told myself to really quit it when I turn 30 years old..

its seems like im doing a good job naman.. so far  :-D

quit na kayo! mas mahal magpagamot in the long run.. you will be a burden of your family pag nagkasakit ka at naging inutil dahil sa lung cancer or emphysema..

goodluck!
imma badass!! <funky guitar rift>

Offline Fret_warrior

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2012, 06:34:55 PM »
it only takes the will to quit.. ako I quit 3x already and the last one will be the last na talaga since I told myself to really quit it when I turn 30 years old..

quit na kayo! mas mahal magpagamot in the long run.. you will be a burden of your family pag nagkasakit ka at naging inutil dahil sa lung cancer or emphysema..

goodluck!

its true!!

ako ang  isa sa mga buhay na saksi kung paano, unti - unting pahinain ang katawan ng father ko at hanggang sa tuluyan na ngang bawian ng buhay last aug 2007.

eto mga nasaksihan ko:

1. dura ng dura, hindi maubos ang plema.
2. pabalik-balik na sinat, minsan gumagaling after a month or a week babalik na naman. akala namin normal lang na sakit, yun pala sign na pala ng cancer.
3. dinala namin sa hospital, first week sa hospital medyo malakas pa after a month humina na, inaakay na namin pag tatayo at mag c-cr, nakakalakad pa naman pero kailangan may akay.
4. after a month again, kinumbulsyon (nangisay nalang bigla), dinala sa E.R., week din syang na confine sa E.R,.
5. pag labas sa E.R. hinang - hina na, hindi na makatayo, hirap nang huminga, tanging "tubo" at oxygen nalang ang tanging naka suporta sa kanya.
6. tanging gatas nalang ang pwedeng kainin, pinapadaan sa maliit na tubo na naka kunekta sa ilong papuntang bituka.
7. 3 weeks lang pag labas sa ER, kinubulsyon ulit, and then binawian na ng buhay.   :-(

Lahat ng mga nagastos namin ay umabot ng 400k pataas,  sa oxygen palang 800php ang refill kada 3 to 4hrs at may bayad din ang arkila ng machine per day. almost 3 weeks kami gumamit ng oxygen.
hospital expenses lang ang 400k , pwera pa ang burial na umabot ng 40k. kung may kakilala kayong mayor na mag sponsor makakatipid kayo.

Kaya payo ko sa inyo, hanggat maaga pa itigil nyo na ang  paninigarilyo. magastos at mahirap magkasakit, tulong nyo nalang sa mga sarili nyo. Ang pangit sa tao ang may "tambutso" sa bunganga, pangit na tingnan ang BAHO pa ng hininga nyo!  :-D

Col. 2:8 ;
"Take care that no one takes you away by force, through man’s wisdom and deceit, going after the beliefs of men and the theories of the world, and not after Christ"

Offline blacktele

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2012, 08:58:10 PM »
Its been more than 4 months and still going. I don't want to smoke again.

Offline DiMarzSiao

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2012, 09:22:44 PM »

goodluck!

I Like this!
By trying to look unique, everyone ends up looking the same.
-goes with the "sound" too

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2012, 02:36:53 AM »
sa baguio ang daming matandang babae na nagyoyosi ng baliktad (yung may baga ang sinusubo). pero buhay na buhay parin. bakit kaya?

Offline DiMarzSiao

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2012, 08:42:08 AM »
UP!... share pa kayo ng experience...

Offline heyman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2012, 08:45:54 AM »
its been 12 days since i quit smoking. promise ko na to sa sarili ko. ako na mismo umayaw. kapag nakikita ko nagyoyosi friends ko nagpipigil talaga ako. WILL lang and DISIPLINA

i believe i can do this. kung kayo nakaya nyo ako pa kaya
yada yada yada.....

Offline DiMarzSiao

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2012, 08:53:28 AM »
its been 12 days since i quit smoking. promise ko na to sa sarili ko. ako na mismo umayaw. kapag nakikita ko nagyoyosi friends ko nagpipigil talaga ako. WILL lang and DISIPLINA

i believe i can do this. kung kayo nakaya nyo ako pa kaya

5th day today.,.. talagang WILL and DISCIPLINE nga ang kailangan,,,...
sabi ko sa sarili ko., If I can do this in 1month, i WILL buy a JOYO pedal...  :-D
then, pag 1 year, a new guitar perhaps...

ginawa kong element yung GAS para mahinto itong bisyong ito,..

weird lang talga ng pakiramdam.. sanay na kasi ang katawan ko sa yosi kaya naninibago, pero. KAYA ko ito!  :razz:

Offline heyman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2012, 09:13:15 AM »
5th day today.,.. talagang WILL and DISCIPLINE nga ang kailangan,,,...
sabi ko sa sarili ko., If I can do this in 1month, i WILL buy a JOYO pedal...  :-D
then, pag 1 year, a new guitar perhaps...

ginawa kong element yung GAS para mahinto itong bisyong ito,..

weird lang talga ng pakiramdam.. sanay na kasi ang katawan ko sa yosi kaya naninibago, pero. KAYA ko ito!  :razz:

uy bro you gave me an idea...oo nga no gawin kong motivation ang pagquit by rewarding myself every 3 months ng musical GAS or even 6 months para worth ang counting ng days
yada yada yada.....

Offline DiMarzSiao

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2012, 09:22:29 AM »
uy bro you gave me an idea...oo nga no gawin kong motivation ang pagquit by rewarding myself every 3 months ng musical GAS or even 6 months para worth ang counting ng days

mismo yan men!, yung pang-gastos sa yosi ay ipunin mo somewhere in your mind, then... bili-bili na!...  :razz:

Offline blacktele

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2012, 02:34:56 AM »
mismo yan men!, yung pang-gastos sa yosi ay ipunin mo somewhere in your mind, then... bili-bili na!...  :razz:

Yan din yun ginawa ko, instead na pang yosi pang GAS na lang.

Offline DiMarzSiao

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2012, 11:12:27 PM »
Yan din yun ginawa ko, instead na pang yosi pang GAS na lang.

and surprisingly... it is working!...  :-D

Offline blacktele

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2012, 01:23:46 AM »
and surprisingly... it is working!...  :-D

Ok na GAS, ok pa health!