hulika

Author Topic: Tech question regarding house mixer and bass amp for live performance  (Read 5600 times)

Offline achincuanco

• Netizen Level
Hi Philmusic,

Just want to ask how I can connect my background instrumental pre recording from my phone to the house mixer and bass amp? I want to use the inhouse bar PA system for my instrumental background music & inhouse bass amp for my pre recorded bass track simultaneously.

Note: Mixdown of the stereo track will be as follows: left channel= mono instrumental / right channel= bass track

First option I'm thinking about is:
From Phone -> Samson MD2 DI left output -> Instage XLR to House Mixer
                  -> Samson MD2 DI right output -> PL to bass amp

Problem is, I can't control the EQ of the instrumental so I'm thinking about this second option:
From Phone -> Alto ZMX862 left main mix output-> Samson MD2 DI left output ->  Instage XLR to House Mixer
                  -> Alto ZMX862 right main mix output-> PL to bass amp

Note: Alto ZMX862 only has PL output so I want to run it through the Samson MD2 DI so I can connect to the on stage XLR.

Question:

1. Will the Alto ZMX862 destroy my Samson MD2 DI?
2. Will the Alto ZMX862 or Samson MD2 destroy the bass amp?
3. Is there any other way to achieve this?

Sorry medyo complicated yung set up kasi magisa lang ako sa live performance. Thanks in advance for the help. :)

Not your typical perfect musician. I'm just a music lover who happens to have a guitar, a camera, some microphones, and a laptop in his hands. http://www.youtube.com/user/AldriceChincuanco

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Tech question regarding house mixer and bass amp for live performance
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 08:48:21 PM »
Question:

1. Will the Alto ZMX862 destroy my Samson MD2 DI?
2. Will the Alto ZMX862 or Samson MD2 destroy the bass amp?
3. Is there any other way to achieve this?

1. no alto will not destroy your di
2. kung may aux input yung bass amp, plug the alto output directly into the aux input. no need for DI.
3. eto suggestion ko:

phone - L output to mixer line 1 input
phone - R output to mixer line 2 input
mixer main L and R outputs to DIs to house mixer
mon1 send to bass amp input (dont use DIs) and adjust aux send 1 on mixer channel 2 to taste so you do not overload the bass amp input

this way you still have both instrumental and bass tracks sent to the main house mixer and you have independent control over the bass amp

and you dont want to use a DI balanced output and connect it to the bass amp input, if you want to connect mixer output to bass amp use a reamp box or just follow my aux send suggestion so you dont need to spend on another gear you will not need

Offline achincuanco

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 11:23:55 AM »
Thanks sir, solid suggestions!! Kinakabahan kasi ako baka masira yung DI ko...

So.. ok lang to insert PL output from Mon1 to Bass Amp main input? Usually kasi walang aux input for the bass amps eh.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 11:43:19 AM by achincuanco »
Not your typical perfect musician. I'm just a music lover who happens to have a guitar, a camera, some microphones, and a laptop in his hands. http://www.youtube.com/user/AldriceChincuanco

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 09:10:30 PM »
oo ok lang yun aux 1 out to bass amp. just be mindful on how much you turn the aux 1 send knob to not distort the bass amp

Offline achincuanco

• Netizen Level
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 05:51:08 PM »
Thank you!