hulika

Author Topic: Guitar from Japan  (Read 846 times)

Offline huwaki

Guitar from Japan
« on: September 24, 2014, 02:31:10 AM »
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this or probably I'm being too lazy to search for similar threads. Anyway, my friend bought a guitar for me in Japan but he can't send it here because he's afraid it may incur a lot of charges in Customs + the delay. Anyone who has an idea about Customs charges, taxes and fees (whatever you call it)? How do they calculate charges? All helpful thoughts are welcome. Bashers are condemned. BTW, it's an Epiphone LP MKH Custom (if you need to know the model).

Thank you!
-Waki
Budget speaks louder than GAS

Offline Tasty

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Guitar from Japan
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 07:07:56 AM »
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this or probably I'm being too lazy to search for similar threads. Anyway, my friend bought a guitar for me in Japan but he can't send it here because he's afraid it may incur a lot of charges in Customs + the delay. Anyone who has an idea about Customs charges, taxes and fees (whatever you call it)? How do they calculate charges? All helpful thoughts are welcome. Bashers are condemned. BTW, it's an Epiphone LP MKH Custom (if you need to know the model).

Thank you!
-Waki
http://customs.gov.ph/references/tax-computation/tax-calculator/

I'm not sure if you can just mark it as a gift though.
Change the way you gig with innovative gear upgrades from gigkitty!

Offline huwaki

Re: Guitar from Japan
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 07:27:29 AM »
http://customs.gov.ph/references/tax-computation/tax-calculator/

I'm not sure if you can just mark it as a gift though.

Thanks Tasty, I got the frame now. All I need is the values which I really don't know where to get (some of them). But anyway, thanks for the calculator.

Anyone else who wants to contribute their knowledge? Thank you. :)

-Waki
Budget speaks louder than GAS