hulika

Author Topic: PM Loading Issues and Solutions *merged*  (Read 78575 times)

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: bakit lagi nalang ayaw magload nang philmusic?
« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2009, 03:00:44 AM »
I'd like to think the same way too. However, though many already left, a lot more have signed up. If you're a regular Guitar Accessories visitor, you'll see people posting, UP-ing, UP-ing for other people etc every minute. Sometimes even less. That's just one site. There's Guitars, Bass, Drums plus the discussion sites plus more.

We only have a few mods and since this is a free site, they're not here to watch everyone 24/7 (not their full-time job. I'm not even sure if they're paid for police-ing PM. Sir KitC? :))

Been here for almost 2 years na rin (June 12). In 2007, I could post in one forum and be able to see it on the first page in the next hour (Guitar Accessories). Now, your post an hour ago is 5 page away (if you get lucky you're on page 3).

This is why I was asking you as I was hoping you were close to mods (or maybe close to being a mod) and you had gotten numerical data. I've been looking for answers too. I even PM'd sir Kit a few months ago. He told me Sir Jim Ayson is the man to resolve this. But even he (Jim) is not fully dedicated to Philmusic (which is absolutely understandable).

I appreciate the humility. I meant no offense (kaya nga I put for argument's sake lang :roll:). I'm sure you had taken none.

Peace out!

does that mean that any forum that has many members experiences that same problem as we do? i dont think so. UP-PING a thread is just the same as posting right? before, theres no rule for UP-PING, they UP their thread whenever they want, and now that theres already an UP-PING guideline, we experience the same thing. and again, MODS have been vigilant about this, and yet we still experience the same problem. YES, i am close to one of the MODs here.. changes have been made, yet same problem with the site. that why i arrived with that conclusion that it has something to do with the server. Sir JIM already said that before; migrating server.. not sure if its already done though.

and peace be with you as well!

Offline skyjammer

• Forum Fanatic
Re: bakit lagi nalang ayaw magload nang philmusic?
« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2009, 03:43:12 AM »
does that mean that any forum that has many members experiences that same problem as we do? i dont think so. UP-PING a thread is just the same as posting right? before, theres no rule for UP-PING, they UP their thread whenever they want, and now that theres already an UP-PING guideline, we experience the same thing. and again, MODS have been vigilant about this, and yet we still experience the same problem. YES, i am close to one of the MODs here.. changes have been made, yet same problem with the site. that why i arrived with that conclusion that it has something to do with the server. Sir JIM already said that before; migrating server.. not sure if its already done though.

and peace be with you as well!

I just had this thought that perhaps UP-ing when added to the discussions being posted all at the same time can make the bandwidth suffer. It happens to to the servers in our company too. So what our IT would make the agents do is log them in a staggered manner. When they do that, the server works fine. About the UP-ing guideline, not all newbies read that. I registered in June 2007 but I read about it early 2008. When I chose to read it. If you check the posts at this time you'd see multiple UPs in a day. Anyway, I'm going OT already. I'm sorry.

So you heard migrating servers will finally solve the problem? How about adding bandwidth without having have to migrate servers? or is it that when you migrate servers you'll be adding bandwidth in the process? Now, I'm curious. :) Somebody educate me, please. :-D

Offline bluz_boi

• Forum Fanatic
+ + + PHILMUSIC LOADING PROBLEM SOLUTION?!? + + +
« Reply #127 on: July 16, 2010, 09:15:29 PM »
just like most of our forumites, sumasakit na ang ulo ko sa hirap pagpasok sa philmusic website..
to the point na matagal talaga ako hindi dumalaw sa site nato dahil naiinis nako..
at yung isa pang reason ay iwas na din sa G.A.S. hehe
siguro meron pang ibang solutions dyan but here's my answer   >>>>>>>>   IPv6

the Internet Protocol successor of IPv4. since its release (i guess in 2008 cause that's when i
started having loading problems) nahihirapan na ang pagpasok sa mga IPv4 websites like philmusic
dahil nago-overlap yun IPv4 at IPv6 which some websites handles with ease.
natsambahan ko lng siguro kasi napansin ko sa laptop ko na yun status ng IPv6 ko ay "limited" so i googled
and youtubed kung ano'ng mangyayari pag pinalitan ko status ng IPv6.  isang solution pa siguro ay i-configure
yung router to handle both IPv4 & IPv6 traffic din, pero hindi ko pa alam kung paano hehe
so here's the vid on how to disable the IPv6.....

i've tried it JUST NOW, & it seems to work!
and i want to share it with you guys, i hope this could be of help
but then again, i'm not a computer guru i could be wrong and this may not work for you..
maybe i don't know what i am talking about but hey, there's no harm in trying!
but if it does work, feel free to reply so the admin can decide whether to make it a sticky.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 02:33:20 AM by bluz_boi »

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Re: + + + PHILMUSIC LOADING PROBLEM SOLUTION?!? + + +
« Reply #128 on: July 18, 2010, 11:01:32 AM »
I made it a sticky. Nice find!

Part of the solution has been to set your computer's DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 primary and 8.8.4.4 secondary (google's dns server) or to use open dns, which works in most cases.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline bluz_boi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2010, 01:48:04 PM »
thanks mod.. glad to be of help  :-D

Offline Garner

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2010, 03:13:20 PM »
I tried openning a bookmark and it routed me to the page without any problem, but when I open PhilMu from the address bar I often get an error so I bookmarked the PM homepage and whenever I get an error I go to my bookmark and it works for me. Im using chrome by the way.  :-D
By All Odds on facebook!
Hello Brooklyn on facebook!

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Re: + + + PHILMUSIC LOADING PROBLEM SOLUTION?!? + + +
« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2010, 05:54:34 PM »
does this solve philmusic and globe tattoo compatibility as well? :?
PM Transaction References: Rmansh/Miong_Magno/Pentagram_x/Julandmic09/Vanhatred/Liway77/cyrus2477/jracz_28/ichigo02/
thenameisjm/teddy_munoz/Xelly/haha/ekoy08/kalel_23/sensei_24/lucky/drahcirnna24/r_chino/ilikecarrots

Offline ianhisoka47

• Veteran Member
« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2010, 04:10:10 AM »
sana magawan po ng paraan para bumilis yung pagload ng philmusic at magamit na din yung search bar..

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #133 on: December 23, 2010, 01:41:12 AM »
I tried openning a bookmark and it routed me to the page without any problem, but when I open PhilMu from the address bar I often get an error so I bookmarked the PM homepage and whenever I get an error I go to my bookmark and it works for me. Im using chrome by the way.  :-D

this works for me too on Safari. Pag naka bookmark ads ko, lumalabas naman sila.

Offline Garner

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2011, 07:04:33 AM »
sana magawan po ng paraan para bumilis yung pagload ng philmusic at magamit na din yung search bar..

matagal na po ata ginagawan to ng paraan but the search bar, i guess this forum is made for browsing talaga hehe
By All Odds on facebook!
Hello Brooklyn on facebook!

Offline robertshanepascual

• Philmusicus Addictus
mga sir's have you experienced this in phil music?
« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2011, 07:15:03 PM »
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

- un akin po kasi madalas ganito lumalabas or dns errors.??
- any solutions po?

anu po ba ang web server na gamit ng Phill Music?

every info will be much appreciated!
thanks! God Bless =)
just groove with it and everything will be allright...

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: mga sir's have you experienced this in phil music?
« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2011, 07:17:33 PM »
dear moderators, paki delete nalang po kung may ganito ng thread . salamat po.

Offline kimhags

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2011, 07:25:39 PM »
ganyan din sa akin bro. sometimes "temporary unavailable" ang nakalagay.

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #138 on: February 26, 2011, 07:27:10 PM »
oo sir! ganun nga din nangyayari sakin minsan tapos ang hirap na makapasok ulit sa site mga 10-30 mins ulet bago makapasok ulit.

Offline kimhags

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #139 on: February 26, 2011, 07:39:27 PM »
oo sir! ganun nga din nangyayari sakin minsan tapos ang hirap na makapasok ulit sa site mga 10-30 mins ulet bago makapasok ulit.

oo nga. ako naghihintay lang ako ng mga 10-15 mins and yun makapasok na ulit. frustrating nga minsan eh.

Offline karlwilson

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2011, 10:58:18 AM »
I made it a sticky. Nice find!

Part of the solution has been to set your computer's DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 primary and 8.8.4.4 secondary (google's dns server) or to use open dns, which works in most cases.

hi,KitC.will this work on XP Pro SP2?Thanks

Offline Aino

« Reply #141 on: March 04, 2011, 01:41:09 PM »
Auto Hide IP Software 4.6.7.2.(U know where to get it) Yan po solution ko. This time wla na akong prob gaya nung dati. 100% working. Set your location to HK or Canada.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #142 on: March 04, 2011, 01:54:29 PM »
hi,KitC.will this work on XP Pro SP2?Thanks

Should work on all platforms.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline mozart123

• Philmusicus Addictus
show the last post of the person
« Reply #143 on: March 23, 2011, 11:08:54 PM »
bat di na gumagana po yan kasi hinahanap ko po kasi yung ginawa ko thread sa classified guitar accessories natabunan na po. sana kung meron din subscribed to this thread na tool.
check out my new page:Condo for sale Luzon.

Offline deevey

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2011, 04:05:53 AM »
Damn .. I Just posted another topic which the mod's can delete if they wish ...

Seriously though its a public website!! Workarounds should not be nessesary to simply access it, especially if the workaround is on the site in question with the problem :?

I'm on a standard Globe DSL line BTW, and now need to access the site via a USA based proxy ... but i'm sure I will tire of this method after a while and no longer post anymore.

It looks like a DNS issue somewhere along the lines or perhaps IP's are being blocked,  I'm pretty sure that changing hosts and/or transferring registrar would probably sort out the issue once and for all, I don't need to use any crazy workaround to access other sites .. cmon, get it together, the issues have existed for how long now ?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 04:11:01 AM by deevey »

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2011, 08:23:12 AM »
@deevee - look at my explanation in your thread. DNS issues are a problem with the ISP, not Philmusic.

Offline gardodothepolarbear

• Veteran Member
« Reply #146 on: June 10, 2011, 06:35:36 PM »
paano po babaguhin ang DNS settings? os ko po ay windows7 ultimate 32bit at browser ko ay google chrome. salamat po.  :-D
nagiipon pa ng chakra.

Offline sargento

• Veteran Member
« Reply #147 on: June 10, 2011, 07:17:57 PM »
1. Open the Control Panel.

2. Open up Network and Internet and go to the Network and Sharing Center.

3. Click on Change adapter settings on the left hand panel.

4. This will bring up a list of adapters present on your computer. Most people will have a Local Area Connection while laptop users will add a Wireless Network Connection and possibly a Bluetooth Network Connection...go ahead and right click on Local Area Connection and click on Properties.

5. Highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on properties.

7. In the properties window you will see a few radio boxes with both of them saying Obtain an IP/DNS Address Automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically. Leave the IP address alone and select Use the following DNS server address. Then type in your preferred and alternate DNS servers.

Offline deevey

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #148 on: June 14, 2011, 03:43:26 AM »
I've been using the Google DNS servers .. which works for every site everytime

In case anyone is wondering where the hell to get a DNS from :P

Hope it helps someone.

Offline toysuki07

• Veteran Member
« Reply #149 on: August 13, 2011, 04:13:12 PM »
hi, i don't know kung dito ang proper na thread... bakit po kaya mahirap mag bump ng post ngayon? may lumalabas na error 120secs.... hope you can fix this soon :) thanks