hulika

Author Topic: THE GRAVITY CLUB - Followers of John Mayer  (Read 345139 times)

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: THE GRAVITY CLUB - Followers of John Mayer
« Reply #275 on: April 05, 2008, 02:16:30 PM »
i have e-mailed him.. i'm just waiting for his reply, i told him it'll be a blast if he makes a concert here and afterwards, or the next day, a few hours with the Gravity Club..

lets see.. hehehehe.. will he really see it or will it just be another autoreply bot... hehehe..

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #276 on: April 05, 2008, 05:01:38 PM »
http://www.usmagazine.com/perez_hilton_john_mayer_definitely_bi

guys share ko lang to. ewan ko what reaction nyo. i have no comment on this whatsoever. i don't think this is true but if he's bi or gay i don't care. i'm just thankful he makes good music.

naku don't believe that dude. ganyan talaga yang perez hilton na yan

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #277 on: April 05, 2008, 05:13:58 PM »
grabe yung POG nakakaGAS

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #278 on: April 09, 2008, 09:57:20 PM »
guys, check this out.. he's going wacko! hehehehe..

feature=related

bakit kaya siya nag ganito? for a sitcom? for paparazzis? anu kaya?

Offline tim_cada

« Reply #279 on: April 09, 2008, 11:22:03 PM »
guys, check this out.. he's going wacko! hehehehe..

feature=related

bakit kaya siya nag ganito? for a sitcom? for paparazzis? anu kaya?

hahaha... crazy dude.

mejo OT:
pasensya na, help narin, i dont understand how "boosting" works.. how about "cascading" (for overdrive peds).. for example, if  have two ODs (pedal a & b), and I wanna boost pedal A (because for example it's a vintage Ts808) using pedal B (a boston od100).. how should the pedal chain turn out?
Thank God for music..
LF: Fender Frontman 25r

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #280 on: April 09, 2008, 11:53:25 PM »
hahaha... crazy dude.

mejo OT:
pasensya na, help narin, i dont understand how "boosting" works.. how about "cascading" (for overdrive peds).. for example, if  have two ODs (pedal a & b), and I wanna boost pedal A (because for example it's a vintage Ts808) using pedal B (a boston od100).. how should the pedal chain turn out?

in my case: my pedals are TS9, BD-2 and a VD-1. when i play rhythms i just use the BD-2 or the VD-1 (whatever the need is..) pag solos, i kick in the TS-9, either for the dirt or the distortion.. but man, it really sounds good with the BD-2!

i have tested and tried.. this sounds great when the TS-9 comes first in the route. it screams the sound of the guitar (or boosts it) and a dirt overdrives that boosted signal or distorts it.

my two cents worth..

Offline tim_cada

« Reply #281 on: April 10, 2008, 12:13:28 AM »
in my case: my pedals are TS9, BD-2 and a VD-1. when i play rhythms i just use the BD-2 or the VD-1 (whatever the need is..) pag solos, i kick in the TS-9, either for the dirt or the distortion.. but man, it really sounds good with the BD-2!

i have tested and tried.. this sounds great when the TS-9 comes first in the route. it screams the sound of the guitar (or boosts it) and a dirt overdrives that boosted signal or distorts it.

my two cents worth..

thanks.. so in that case, the "booster" always comes first in the route.. and the "boosted pedal" comes next.. what are your knob settings for the ts and bd? i could actually search these sa mga demos sa youtube but i find it better to actually talk to someone here para mas ma-gets ko. tnx! :-D
Thank God for music..

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #282 on: April 10, 2008, 12:23:19 AM »
not all "booster" pedals comes first. dati naka DOD YJM308 ako. un lang. its the last in the route. it's a pre-amp overdrive.. it boosts the distorted/driven/clean sounds before it, thus, it boosts. pero para sakin, kung TS-9 lang, yan ung 1st. pag YJM308 last..

Offline markitut

« Reply #283 on: April 10, 2008, 12:26:08 AM »
sir.. ung gravity na song ni JM..
pano makuha tone nun? ganda eh...

ano gamit niya effects dun?

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #284 on: April 10, 2008, 12:30:34 AM »
p.s.

you switch your knobs, for both.. and try to catch the sound that is music  to your ears.. as others would say: "nasa sayo un.."

personally,
my TS-9 = DRIVE: 8 o'clock, TONE: 3 o'clock, LEVEL: 12 o'clock
my BD-2 = LEVEL: 10 o'clock, TONE:  3 o'clock, GAIN: 3 o'clock

take note that i am using a strat..

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #285 on: April 10, 2008, 12:32:58 AM »
sir.. ung gravity na song ni JM..
pano makuha tone nun? ganda eh...

ano gamit niya effects dun?

calling GITARAKISTA!!!!! hehehehe...

Offline tim_cada

« Reply #286 on: April 10, 2008, 01:19:18 AM »
p.s.

you switch your knobs, for both.. and try to catch the sound that is music  to your ears.. as others would say: "nasa sayo un.."

personally,
my TS-9 = DRIVE: 8 o'clock, TONE: 3 o'clock, LEVEL: 12 o'clock
my BD-2 = LEVEL: 10 o'clock, TONE:  3 o'clock, GAIN: 3 o'clock

take note that i am using a strat..

nice. yup, i know it's all up to me... just wanna know how you would do your balance regarding drive and level in particular between the "booster" and "boostee".. anyway, para hindi naman OT... i noticed din naman kasi JM boosts using TS din dba?

thanks for help sir NONG :-D btw, kita kits sa session ni sir sushi..
Thank God for music..

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #287 on: April 10, 2008, 09:02:13 AM »
yep, a keeley modded TS-808.. heheheh..

kita-kits!

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #288 on: April 10, 2008, 10:40:30 AM »

i don't exactly know what he uses there. probably a bd-2 for boost at ung two-rock amp nya. at siyempre naka neck pickup...:)

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #289 on: April 10, 2008, 01:44:57 PM »
nice. yup, i know it's all up to me... just wanna know how you would do your balance regarding drive and level in particular between the "booster" and "boostee".. anyway, para hindi naman OT... i noticed din naman kasi JM boosts using TS din dba?

thanks for help sir NONG :-D btw, kita kits sa session ni sir sushi..

sorry now lang ako. sa booster pare, iba iba diskarte talaga. It's better if you can try it yourself bro. May mga booster na clean booster lang like the micro amp, dosmos, etc. That's what I do. I use a direct drive then boost the signal lang with the dosmos just to pull up the level of the DD since I like the drive of the DD on its own. Meron din naman you use another od pedal like si Nong to add a different flavor to your "boost" in case you want it to sound different when you kick in the solo. That's where the cascaded drive comes in. In that scenario, you'll have it after your main drive pedal. These examples are to boost or amplify the signal.

If you put the booster before, iba naman lalabas sa drive mo. Sometimes it makes the sound fuller but still retains the current level without any signal amplified. iba iba kse reactions ng drive pedals so pag mas malakas yung pumapasok sa drive, iba yung character nya.

it all boils down to  your preference. I prefer putting my booster after the drive to pull my volume up during solos. masaya na kse ako sa sound ng drive ko.

hope that helps

Offline tim_cada

« Reply #290 on: April 11, 2008, 04:47:36 AM »
thanks cy.. onga naman.. if you're ok with the drive, no need to cascade it.. what i do now is this kasi.. OD gain is at 8o'clock level at 12o'clock. then when needed to solo, i pull level using volume pedal. works for me most of the time. though when i need more gain sa solo, i thought using another od to boost is the way to go.. anyway, will try to move things around :-D

OT na pasensya.. but the reason i wanna know about this is coz all these crazy blues guys like mayer, srv, johnson,... uses some kind of boost when they solo sometimes... and it drives me crazy. (good crazy) :- 8-)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 04:49:07 AM by tim_cada »
Thank God for music..

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #291 on: April 11, 2008, 05:02:16 AM »
thanks cy.. onga naman.. if you're ok with the drive, no need to cascade it.. what i do now is this kasi.. OD gain is at 8o'clock level at 12o'clock. then when needed to solo, i pull level using volume pedal. works for me most of the time. though when i need more gain sa solo, i thought using another od to boost is the way to go.. anyway, will try to move things around :-D

OT na pasensya.. but the reason i wanna know about this is coz all these crazy blues guys like mayer, srv, johnson,... uses some kind of boost when they solo sometimes... and it drives me crazy. (good crazy) :- 8-)

no prob man. Our guitar player used to use a vol pedal during solos then i think he tried out the cascaded drive route then bought meashuggar's vol pedal and the rest is history... balik  vol pedal nalang cuz he loves his drive already.

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #292 on: April 11, 2008, 05:05:01 AM »
korek, all is up to you talaga.

i have tried using a YJM308 as booster for my OD, and it really boots. with the TS-9 it sounds better before the OD (for me), sinubukan kong lagay after an OD, parang suppressed o sakal ung sound, specially after a distortion.. but when i did the latter, parang bas naging clear ang sound ng OD (di nga lang crunchy, kaya pang ad-lib ko lang), ung sa distortion clear din pero nabawasan ung chug..

JM's pedal routine. dunno if the TS is before or after the BD-2..
ung nakita ko to, i tried putting the TS-9 after my BD-2, as per my knowledge, to boost the desired signal from the drive. but what i heard was a 'sakal' sound. ngayon, ung before the drive, nag boost siya, un nga lang, hindi ganun ka 'crunchy'..

well, lemme try again bukas..
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 05:08:53 AM by the_Nong »

Offline theow

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #293 on: April 12, 2008, 02:23:00 AM »
guys, i really really need this to share to you, ONLY FOR GRAVITY CLUB..grabe semi napaluha ako dito

COME BACK HOME. JM BABY!!!!
\"I use it to give Him back the favor He gave me\"

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #294 on: April 12, 2008, 08:56:21 AM »
guys, i really really need this to share to you, ONLY FOR GRAVITY CLUB..grabe semi napaluha ako dito

COME BACK HOME. JM BABY!!!!

One of my favorite JM tunes. He really makes funny faces when singing and playing guitar. :)

eto naman akin. share ko lang.

feature=related

Offline theow

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #295 on: April 12, 2008, 06:59:55 PM »

One of my favorite JM tunes. He really makes funny faces when singing and playing guitar. :)

eto naman akin. share ko lang.

feature=related

kasama tsong sa pgiging unique ni Mayer and his soul to his music..

nice tsong..another good Mayer vid. naadd ko na sa playlist ko.
\"I use it to give Him back the favor He gave me\"

Offline mikerock

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #296 on: April 13, 2008, 08:50:33 PM »
now ko lang nakita yung thread na to...

share ko lang din to, sarap ng 2nog ni mayer d2 bitin nga lang.

<

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #297 on: April 13, 2008, 09:40:20 PM »
I like Mayer's music...

And I'm not homophobic...

But some of the posts on this thread sound so girlish and gayish even.  You talk (write?) like tweenies gushing over the latest issue of Teen Beat magazine.

That's just my opinion of course.  Nothing against Mayer.

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #298 on: April 13, 2008, 10:31:47 PM »
oh well..

Offline tim_cada

« Reply #299 on: April 13, 2008, 10:33:46 PM »
haha!! PRSman, astig. well, what i'm sure of is this... hindi ako ang tinutukoy mo.  8-)

anyway, i love JM's music too, that's why im in this thread.
i dont have a PRS though. I have no idea why i said the last sentence.

Cheers! just keep sending cool videos, links, and info, etc! :-D
Thank God for music..