hulika

Author Topic: THE GRAVITY CLUB - Followers of John Mayer  (Read 345205 times)

Offline jhaystrat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: THE GRAVITY CLUB - Followers of John Mayer
« Reply #550 on: August 01, 2008, 05:16:38 PM »
http://grasaband.multiply.com/

here's the link of Grasa's Multiply Page,

there are vids and music so feel free to visit this site.

Another band formed because of Philmusic!

more power to all the members of this community of musicians!

yown!  :lol:

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #551 on: August 01, 2008, 06:17:26 PM »
i think everyone here does.  :-)

haha yeah we also lined up a few songs but never got to jam it properly yet hehe  :-D mayer rules! superfan haha

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #552 on: August 02, 2008, 02:08:14 AM »
pagawa tayo ng shirt for the club?

pili kayo ng design:

Offline caloyburger

« Reply #553 on: August 03, 2008, 09:07:54 PM »
Just picked up Where the Light Is CD.  Lupit ng Gravity.  It's easily my favorite versions now.  His Trio stuff here is also great especially Who do you think and Out of my mind.  Seems to be better recorded or more "HiFi" sounding than TRY.  Yung Bold as love lang parang I was expecting more.  The CD's like a snapshot of all his work from the poppy stuff to the Trio.  Shows all his versatility in one album set.  JM rocks!  Now gotta find the DVD!

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #554 on: August 03, 2008, 10:01:10 PM »
here's the latest blog of Johnny:

testimonial     07/31 by JM

Read this morning at Los Angeles City Hall...

---------------------------------------------

I am one of the most media-friendly celebrities around, and my being here this morning is not in contrast with that; rather, it's in keeping with it. There is no doubt that the new frontier of entertainment is taking place informally on the street. Sound bites that used to be given on red carpets and in arranged interviews now take place beside a restaurant's valet stand, and there's no changing that. I don't want to beg the city of Los Angeles to give me 1987 back. I love being a famous musician in 2008. I embrace technology, but I also believe in thoughtfully adapting it to fit within a societal framework. And in the specific areas of both tracking and close-quarter engagement by the paparazzi, there are changes that must be made.

I'd like to define the scope of my argument by first defining what lies outside of it. I'm not here this morning to talk to you about the media at large, blogs, tabloid magazines, or entertainment news shows. I'm not even here to talk to you about photography itself. You don't have to ultimately be photographed to have been dangerously pursued in the attempt of getting a shot. The danger exists in methods and tactics having absolutely nothing to do with picture taking. In fact, removing the camera from the equation is a very effective way of looking at this situation candidly.

A scenario:

It's two o'clock in the morning and you're driving home from a friend's house. You notice there is a vehicle behind you that has no license plate and that has been following you for the last 15 minutes. The driver is so brazen that he or she has even taken to ignoring red lights just to stay behind you. As you begin to turn onto a small neighborhood street just blocks from where you live, you now realize this person has definite intentions of engaging you at your house.

The question I ask you is: Are you in danger?

The answer is YES. Not "depends if you're on TV."

It doesn't matter what you do for a living, and it doesn't matter that there might turn out to be a digital camera on the passenger seat. You are IN danger. Danger is defined as the possibility of suffering harm or injury.ᅠ And without knowing who is following you, you do not know why you are being followed, which brings about a very real possibility for suffering harm or injury.

So what about that camera on the passenger seat? Recently, it's come to serve as all but an official license to encroach on someone's right to protect themselves from threats of danger, along with every traffic law ever devised. It's also the most socially acceptable way to come within inches from someone who you do not know and who does not know you.ᅠ Sadly, if I were someone who wanted to do harm to a celebrity - of which there are many - my best bet in succeeding today would be to hold a camera.

Here's a true story.

Last month at Los Angeles International Airport, forty men, holding no tickets to fly and with nobody to pick up, swarmed an arriving female passenger inside the terminal, shouting at her, disorienting her and denying her a safe exit. Does that sound like something that should be allowed? Should the fact that the forty men were holding cameras change that answer?

Sadly, the very real and present risk associated with being pursued as a celebrity pales in comparison to the daily, imminent danger to the public at large.ᅠ If you've ever raised an eyebrow at an especially bullish driver declaring him or herself the third in a line of cars making a left turn on a light that had just turned red, I ask you to imagine what your reaction would be to watching eight cars do it.ᅠ And it happens not just daily, but turn-for-turn. I don't need to look in my rear view mirror to know it's happening behind me. All I have to do is listen; listen to the dissonant array of car horns as unsuspecting drivers are taken by surprise while a pack of reckless paparazzi muscle through an aging red light.

The person being followed knows there is wanton carelessness behind them. The pedestrian crossing the street, or the car expecting to have the right of way does not. A severe accident occurring from this kind of vehicular pursuit is not a theoretical possibility, but a situational certainty.

What does any of this have to do with photography? Or with celebrity?

The answer is simply, nothing.

This is about safety. Defined as "being protected from danger, risk, or injury."

I don't sit before you today to ask that you ban the paparazzi. I'm asking you to regulate it. Officialize it. Tax it. Legitimize it. A big white P on a yellow license plate says the driver works for an accredited photo agency. Press credentials worn in plain sight do the same. A law governing an acceptable filming distance from an unwilling subject keeps everybody safe and misbehavior becomes accountable. Regulating the paparazzi won't bring an end to modern day media coverage, just as the newly enforced hands-free law hasn't stopped people from talking on cell phones while they drive.ᅠ It's only an adaptive measure put in place to respond to some of the ways that living in a technological free-market can compromise personal safety.

http://johnmayer.com/blog

Offline jhaystrat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #555 on: August 04, 2008, 09:11:40 AM »

pili kayo ng design:

ganda bro nice idea  :-D

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #556 on: August 05, 2008, 05:47:21 AM »

pili kayo ng design:

I'd definitely go with the second one

Offline soundslikebryan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #557 on: August 06, 2008, 02:27:31 PM »

pili kayo ng design:

suggestion, can it just say "Where the light is"?

instead of Gravity Club, followers of John Mayer?
Bakit hindi ka pwedeng mapuyat sa umaga?

http://www.myspace.com/bryanjason  http://twitter.com/bryanjason

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #558 on: August 06, 2008, 02:30:23 PM »
suggestion, can it just say "Where the light is"?

instead of Gravity Club, followers of John Mayer?

uy, thanks for the suggestion. but its more like promoting the album/dvd/song etc.. not the club eh (which most Philmusic Forumers are Familiar na)..

anyway, thanks bro!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 10:34:10 AM by the_Nong »

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #559 on: August 06, 2008, 09:15:31 PM »
ganda bro nice idea  :-D

thanks man, see you on Saturday.
OT:
Sausage bar, sama tayo sa line up.. kami ung Gastitude.. hehehe..

Offline soundslikebryan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #560 on: August 07, 2008, 02:35:33 AM »
uy, thanks for the suggestion. but its more like promoting the album not the club eh..

anyway, thanks bro!

actually it would sound more like a JM fan club, not the album. Where the light is, is just a tag line. A blurb of sorts. If you guys decide on the design, can you pm me the design so I can have it printed on a shirt? I live very far.

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #561 on: August 07, 2008, 09:46:44 AM »
where the light is.....is a line from the song "gravity".....

"keep me where the light is...." y'know? the end of gravity?

anyway..."where the light is" is the concert dvd....same as "any given thursday"...

personally, i don't consider them john mayer albums......even though they have cd counterparts.....

but who cares right? it is just a name....
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline soundslikebryan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #562 on: August 07, 2008, 10:13:47 AM »

anyway..."where the light is" is the concert dvd....same as "any given thursday"...

personally, i don't consider them john mayer albums......even though they have cd counterparts.....

yeah, we know that. anyway its just a suggestion.

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #563 on: August 07, 2008, 10:34:47 AM »
:-D

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #564 on: August 07, 2008, 12:46:08 PM »

is the new concert dvd available na here in the Philippines?  i have a copy na of Any Given Thursday.  :-)
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #565 on: August 07, 2008, 04:50:11 PM »
nasa LA ako maxi. so di ko alam kung meron na kayong dvd dyan...
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline orangeogre

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #566 on: August 10, 2008, 11:07:02 AM »
here's the latest blog of Johnny:

testimonial     07/31 by JM

Read this morning at Los Angeles City Hall...

---------------------------------------------

I am one of the most media-friendly celebrities around, and my being here this morning is not in contrast with that; rather, it's in keeping with it. There is no doubt that the new frontier of entertainment is taking place informally on the street. Sound bites that used to be given on red carpets and in arranged interviews now take place beside a restaurant's valet stand, and there's no changing that. I don't want to beg the city of Los Angeles to give me 1987 back. I love being a famous musician in 2008. I embrace technology, but I also believe in thoughtfully adapting it to fit within a societal framework. And in the specific areas of both tracking and close-quarter engagement by the paparazzi, there are changes that must be made.

I'd like to define the scope of my argument by first defining what lies outside of it. I'm not here this morning to talk to you about the media at large, blogs, tabloid magazines, or entertainment news shows. I'm not even here to talk to you about photography itself. You don't have to ultimately be photographed to have been dangerously pursued in the attempt of getting a shot. The danger exists in methods and tactics having absolutely nothing to do with picture taking. In fact, removing the camera from the equation is a very effective way of looking at this situation candidly.

A scenario:

It's two o'clock in the morning and you're driving home from a friend's house. You notice there is a vehicle behind you that has no license plate and that has been following you for the last 15 minutes. The driver is so brazen that he or she has even taken to ignoring red lights just to stay behind you. As you begin to turn onto a small neighborhood street just blocks from where you live, you now realize this person has definite intentions of engaging you at your house.

The question I ask you is: Are you in danger?

The answer is YES. Not "depends if you're on TV."

It doesn't matter what you do for a living, and it doesn't matter that there might turn out to be a digital camera on the passenger seat. You are IN danger. Danger is defined as the possibility of suffering harm or injury.ᅠ And without knowing who is following you, you do not know why you are being followed, which brings about a very real possibility for suffering harm or injury.

So what about that camera on the passenger seat? Recently, it's come to serve as all but an official license to encroach on someone's right to protect themselves from threats of danger, along with every traffic law ever devised. It's also the most socially acceptable way to come within inches from someone who you do not know and who does not know you.ᅠ Sadly, if I were someone who wanted to do harm to a celebrity - of which there are many - my best bet in succeeding today would be to hold a camera.

Here's a true story.

Last month at Los Angeles International Airport, forty men, holding no tickets to fly and with nobody to pick up, swarmed an arriving female passenger inside the terminal, shouting at her, disorienting her and denying her a safe exit. Does that sound like something that should be allowed? Should the fact that the forty men were holding cameras change that answer?

Sadly, the very real and present risk associated with being pursued as a celebrity pales in comparison to the daily, imminent danger to the public at large.ᅠ If you've ever raised an eyebrow at an especially bullish driver declaring him or herself the third in a line of cars making a left turn on a light that had just turned red, I ask you to imagine what your reaction would be to watching eight cars do it.ᅠ And it happens not just daily, but turn-for-turn. I don't need to look in my rear view mirror to know it's happening behind me. All I have to do is listen; listen to the dissonant array of car horns as unsuspecting drivers are taken by surprise while a pack of reckless paparazzi muscle through an aging red light.

The person being followed knows there is wanton carelessness behind them. The pedestrian crossing the street, or the car expecting to have the right of way does not. A severe accident occurring from this kind of vehicular pursuit is not a theoretical possibility, but a situational certainty.

What does any of this have to do with photography? Or with celebrity?

The answer is simply, nothing.

This is about safety. Defined as "being protected from danger, risk, or injury."

I don't sit before you today to ask that you ban the paparazzi. I'm asking you to regulate it. Officialize it. Tax it. Legitimize it. A big white P on a yellow license plate says the driver works for an accredited photo agency. Press credentials worn in plain sight do the same. A law governing an acceptable filming distance from an unwilling subject keeps everybody safe and misbehavior becomes accountable. Regulating the paparazzi won't bring an end to modern day media coverage, just as the newly enforced hands-free law hasn't stopped people from talking on cell phones while they drive.ᅠ It's only an adaptive measure put in place to respond to some of the ways that living in a technological free-market can compromise personal safety.

http://johnmayer.com/blog

Ang talino mag sulat ni Mayer, astig!

Offline thr3ten

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #567 on: August 10, 2008, 10:57:21 PM »
nasa LA ako maxi. so di ko alam kung meron na kayong dvd dyan...

kilala ko tong si blues.  linis ng banat nito parang bagong ligo parati.  so this is where i'll find you  bro :-)  sorry ano na nga topic?  hahaha!!! 
Pulling Teeth!

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #568 on: August 10, 2008, 11:57:42 PM »
mga brad..

I'VE WITNESSED IT.. GRASA ROCKS!!!

we were together in a gig last night at sausage bar they were the 2nd band to play and we were the 4th..they did covers of the Trio, and while listening to it, kinikilabutan ako.. kasi kuhang kuha...

Grasa, wag mawawala sa Gravity Club EB ha!!!!!??

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #569 on: August 11, 2008, 05:24:14 PM »
kilala ko tong si blues.  linis ng banat nito parang bagong ligo parati.  so this is where i'll find you  bro :-)  sorry ano na nga topic?  hahaha!!! 

ha? hey bro...sino ka nga pala? :-D

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #570 on: August 11, 2008, 05:33:19 PM »

wag maniwala kay thr3ten.....wala akong kwenta, ika-nga ni yurinal...see music school forum.

d ako marunong mag chromotic spiders--si shredboi magaling dyan

d ko alam ang thrust rod--si yurinal mahilig sa thrust rod

at wala akong kwenta na gitarista--si pureshred ang magaling, he can shred like a pro, pagkatiwalaan na lang nyo kahit walang soundclip at video.

Offline jhaystrat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #571 on: August 11, 2008, 06:13:20 PM »
mga brad..

I'VE WITNESSED IT.. GRASA ROCKS!!!

we were together in a gig last night at sausage bar they were the 2nd band to play and we were the 4th..they did covers of the Trio, and while listening to it, kinikilabutan ako.. kasi kuhang kuha...

Grasa, wag mawawala sa Gravity Club EB ha!!!!!??

thanks  :-D

Offline thr3ten

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #572 on: August 11, 2008, 08:55:06 PM »
wag maniwala kay thr3ten.....wala akong kwenta, ika-nga ni yurinal...see music school forum.

at wala akong kwenta na gitarista--si pureshred ang magaling, he can shred like a pro, pagkatiwalaan na lang nyo kahit walang soundclip at video.

hahaha!  may kaaway ka ba dito sir? magkikita din tayo sa LA pre sa SC kasi ako napunta last time kaya di ko na pinaalam sa yo.  balik manila ulit ako.  siguro alam mo na kung sino ko.  tatlo lang naman ang blueballs (dalawa lang kami naiwan).  mahihiya si john mayer dito. :-D  malupit!! sayang lang nasa LA ka mga kano nakikinabang ng talent mo. hehehehe  musta na sir?
Pulling Teeth!

Offline mikerock

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #573 on: August 11, 2008, 09:25:20 PM »
is the new concert dvd available na here in the Philippines?  i have a copy na of Any Given Thursday.  :-)

yep available na...
<

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #574 on: August 12, 2008, 12:06:21 AM »
hahaha!  may kaaway ka ba dito sir? magkikita din tayo sa LA pre sa SC kasi ako napunta last time kaya di ko na pinaalam sa yo.  balik manila ulit ako.  siguro alam mo na kung sino ko.  tatlo lang naman ang blueballs (dalawa lang kami naiwan).  mahihiya si john mayer dito. :-D  malupit!! sayang lang nasa LA ka mga kano nakikinabang ng talent mo. hehehehe  musta na sir?

nyahahaha...buhay pa pala ang blueballs! yari si john mayer nga!