hulika

Author Topic: can you consider yourself as a musician if....  (Read 4971 times)

Offline 24242009

• Forum Fanatic
Re: can you consider yourself as a musician if....
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2009, 02:07:16 AM »

Playing exact covers is an artform in itself too (kahit na im not into that anymore for more than 15 years), but interpreting an already written material and then stands on its own is more special in my opinion.

but one music music professor once told me...he said a musician is someone who greatly contributed to the art of it..... so that would be guys like Mozart, Bob Mareley, Jimi Hendrix, Eddie Van Halen, The Edge, Tom Morello, Frank Zappa, Curt Cobain, the Beatles, etc. and that makes us all "Merely Players"

AMEN  :-D nice quote from your prof :) tom morelo and kurt cobain are truly great musicians I love them
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 02:22:30 AM by 24242009 »

william251082

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2009, 02:14:16 AM »
Katarantaduhan naman yata yung kahit anong gusto mong art, art na! I freakin’ don’t believe that.

Kaya nga may conservatory and fine arts school eh. Usually art that’s any worth at all have a rich history and very talented people who raised their craft in to an art form, i.e. jazz, some good pop and rock, classical music etc.

Example, some crap at mtv, I compare it to junk foods i.e. french fries, greasy food etc. it’s easily consumable to the public but you’ll never really get that much out of it.  
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 05:03:28 AM by william251082 »

Offline 24242009

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2009, 05:22:46 AM »
Katarantaduhan naman yata yung kahit anong gusto mong art, art na! I freakin’ don’t believe that.

Kaya nga may conservatory and fine arts school eh. Usually art that’s any worth at all have a rich history and very talented people who raised their craft in to an art form, i.e. jazz, some good pop and rock, classical music etc.

Example, some crap at mtv, I compare it to junk foods i.e. french fries, greasy food etc. it’s easily consumable to the public but you’ll never really get that much out of it.  

hmmm your refering to the masters who have bee shaping the world of music. Well I agree with that, Jazz guitar gods, rock guitar gods and alike..

well youre also right about crap at mtv, so much quantity but substance lacking these days.

Offline arkinet

• Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2009, 06:31:14 AM »
sad to say, nowadays na cheapen na yung word na art. look around you, trash made into a sculpture, music from the armpit, painting by an elephant, yaiks!!.... tamad na yung mga tao eh.
IMHO, true art takes time and dedication.
\"...pure and simple, is the heart that stay's free...\" sc chapman

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2009, 07:21:06 AM »

yung point ko naman, hindi lang yung pumasok sa conservatory ang pwede makagawa ng "art". regardless kung talagang art nga or hindi...

agree ako sa point n'yo na...

sad to say, nowadays na cheapen na yung word na art. look around you, trash made into a sculpture, music from the armpit, painting by an elephant, yaiks!!.... tamad na yung mga tao eh.
IMHO, true art takes time and dedication.

yes  :lol:

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2009, 07:23:08 AM »
yang mga emoticons mo arkee, art yan  :wink:

haha  :lol:

Those who buy guitars and use it for playing music are called musicians. The ones who buys guitars for the purpose of saying they have a guitar with a tone that sounds good, are called "toneicians".  :-D :-D :-D

wow! bagong term  :lol:

Offline 24242009

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2009, 06:24:32 AM »
^^ano ang example ng "tonecians??"  :-D

Offline ierofan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2009, 06:59:52 AM »
ang totoong art ay gawa ni artkeetart.  :lol: isa syang toneicians.  :lol:
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

[This signature has been blocked in accordance to RA No. 10175]

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2009, 07:10:52 AM »
^^ano ang example ng "tonecians??"  :-D

haha breed yan ng mga gitaristang mahilig maghanap ng tone pero hindi pa rin nila mahanap haha  :lol:

ang totoong art ay gawa ni artkeetart.  :lol: isa syang toneicians.  :lol:

makulay na umbrella para s'yo