hulika

Author Topic: MARK Vs SHREDHEAD Low Gain  (Read 493689 times)

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: MARK Vs SHREDHEAD Low Gain
« Reply #875 on: March 04, 2010, 09:23:40 PM »
hi mark thanks for the shredhead! got to test it earlier today for a show in channel2. i used it in front of a 100-watt peavey amp. i turned the amp's EQ to 12 oclock, and dialed in the shredhead something like

Gain: 10 oclock
Tone: 1 oclock
Presence: 1 oclock

there's this sound in OD/Dist pedals that i always wanted to have, sort of like the sound like you have enough gain, but when you palm-mute the strings it doesn't give you a heavy CHUG CHUG, but it also gives enough of it to sound FULL and "mataba". i wanted a sound that when i played in open strings, all hell breaks loose with gain, but when i mute the strings, the gain is controlled and no heavy CHUGCHUG.

best word i can think of to use is: "hapit" na distortion. :D tight and full bodied distortion. i've heard Paul Gilbert sound like that through a Marshall Vintage Modern head.

i sorta HAD that sound with a Marshall Shredmaster, but there was still something missing. when i played kanina, YON. yun yung nawawala. haha! i loved it, and it was my first time to use it. very easy to tweak on the fly (how simple can it get with only 4 knobs?)

more tweaks to go to find my sweet spot. now i can say goodbye to my pedalboard. :D it's back to basics for me with only a guitar, a dirt pedal, and an amp. you just saved me around 30,000 bucks since i was planning on buying a marshall tube amp for the longest time. haha!

more power and more customers! :) goodjob man! thank you!

PS: also, i love how it reacts to the volume knob!

Badong, sa wakas talaga. Hahaha.

Offline lenpopz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #876 on: March 04, 2010, 10:18:47 PM »
hi mark thanks for the shredhead! got to test it earlier today for a show in channel2. i used it in front of a 100-watt peavey amp. i turned the amp's EQ to 12 oclock, and dialed in the shredhead something like

there's this sound in OD/Dist pedals that i always wanted to have, sort of like the sound like you have enough gain, but when you palm-mute the strings it doesn't give you a heavy CHUG CHUG, but it also gives enough of it to sound FULL and "mataba". i wanted a sound that when i played in open strings, all hell breaks loose with gain, but when i mute the strings, the gain is controlled and no heavy CHUGCHUG.

best word i can think of to use is: "hapit" na distortion. :D tight and full bodied distortion. i've heard Paul Gilbert sound like that through a Marshall Vintage Modern head.

i sorta HAD that sound with a Marshall Shredmaster, but there was still something missing. when i played kanina, YON. yun yung nawawala. haha! i loved it, and it was my first time to use it. very easy to tweak on the fly (how simple can it get with only 4 knobs?)

more tweaks to go to find my sweet spot. now i can say goodbye to my pedalboard. :D it's back to basics for me with only a guitar, a dirt pedal, and an amp. you just saved me around 30,000 bucks since i was planning on buying a marshall tube amp for the longest time. haha!

Tutugtog po kayo sa showtime?!
Don't become obsessed with sounding like one particular player and sounding exactly like him.

Offline ytse_neil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #877 on: March 05, 2010, 05:41:04 AM »

I watched your performance yesterday and I would say na ok yung tunog mo sir. I like the SG and SH sound astig talaga panalo.. A little OT lang: Sana yung Takda tinugtog nio or Lipas..  :-)

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #878 on: March 05, 2010, 01:30:47 PM »
nice!! gitarista po ba kayo ng publico?? si kuya louie member jan diba?? sa studio nya kami nagrecord jan last october..  :-D

yep! good for ya! :) thanks for helping in his business. hehe

Badong, sa wakas talaga. Hahaha.

I KNOW PARE.

Tutugtog po kayo sa showtime?!

haha! no, we played for Umagang Kay Ganda.

I watched your performance yesterday and I would say na ok yung tunog mo sir. I like the SG and SH sound astig talaga panalo.. A little OT lang: Sana yung Takda tinugtog nio or Lipas..  :-)

ah you did? di ko alam kung ano ang labas ng tunog pag nasa TV eh, pero in retrospect whenever i watch a video of ours i always think na parang i had too much gain. :D  about the songs, we were restricted from singing originals so they made us sing a cover song. afterwards, they told us that there were still time available so we chose an original song. eh since we're promoting "Malayo" now, that's what we chose. :)

yung shredhead I THINK is ideal for low gain to mid gain uses. lalo na if yung gain knob is somewhere between 8 oclock to 11 oclock.

AND, it's NOT NOISY, surprisingly. :) and the battery compartment is a PLUS!

sana lang i thought of having Mark put on 2 outputs instead of 1 (kahit mono okay lang)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 01:37:57 PM by badongrodrigs »

Offline markv

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #879 on: March 05, 2010, 02:12:13 PM »
@badongrodrigs, thanks bro sa review/feedback mo.. i'm glad nagustuhan mo ang shredhead.

Based nga pala ang tunog ng shredhead sa Marshall 6100LM head. (a modern version of jcm800)

Rock on! \m/

Offline lenpopz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #880 on: March 05, 2010, 02:57:11 PM »
@badongrodrigs

Hay, sayang hindi ko napanood.
Don't become obsessed with sounding like one particular player and sounding exactly like him.

Offline markv

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #881 on: March 06, 2010, 08:28:01 PM »
ytse_neil's shredhead:

Updated Shredhead User List (as of March 6, 2010)

-turi
-tone freak
-jeibi16
-rapunzel
-chizdawg
-masterchoxter
-palmmuteboi
-balakubak33
-5inco
-saturn/return
-walter123
-labandero/biboymusic
-dirt
-jcsan2s
-vencejezzrell
-burnthyfret
-athanvai
-pepeman
-raidow
-raybrig
-guitargodskitz
-red_strat
-soundhole8
-opay21
-ian13
-bryanarzaga
-paengkee
-accento24
-letour
-est2tele
-eggnog20
-ernestjulian
-ferdie
-alfie1975
-guitbox
-luapsmoa
-papotzki85
-amuyong
-necron33
-rockchops_14
-guiatrist214
-dovoodoomiracleman
-pitongjerome
-jejan
-silaw
-kurt_morello
-leech
-terminal_1000
-trinch
-daturd
-guitabot
-dong (c/o accento24)
-iandomld
-al_librero
-zxc
-lenpopz
-draine
-ukeleleboy
-anodbiomech
-dadaboo
-juan_portnoy
-the_nong
-jpadua
-johnny_jackhammers
-tuned
-jaoko
-shaider57
-badongrodrigs
-ytse_neil

:)

Offline ytse_neil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #882 on: March 06, 2010, 09:24:49 PM »
Just got it sir,, Bukas test ko to with my guyatone amp and aria guitar.. Thanks po sa mga tips and advice sa pedals...

Offline ernestjulian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #883 on: March 07, 2010, 12:23:44 AM »
congrats bro..  :-D :-D :-D

welcome to the community of shredhead..
I play guitars for EMBERCORE | LITA'S CURSE | BLUNT CONCEPT

Offline bazgrol0413

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #884 on: March 07, 2010, 12:30:17 AM »
feeling ko malapit lapit na ko masama sa list ng shredhead owners. hahahaha!
References: turigilliano, kulas, micsis, bh, deltaslim, Saturn/Return, spankyrigor, ejbasses, Red_Strat, alvin_ching5782, alvinratsim, mandoytz, trix, jetleebog, BrianLP, mr.brownstone, ajct3, yahu, weeping_demon, scofield, lovecore, teleclem

Offline ernestjulian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #885 on: March 07, 2010, 12:49:13 AM »
feeling ko malapit lapit na ko masama sa list ng shredhead owners. hahahaha!

sumama ka na bro.. haha!!  :-D :-D

Offline paulo0027

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #886 on: March 07, 2010, 12:49:46 AM »
Just got it sir,, Bukas test ko to with my guyatone amp and aria guitar.. Thanks po sa mga tips and advice sa pedals...

eto ba dahilan bakit mo binenta me-50 mo...? :lol:

mukang malapit na ko maakit ng shredhead,.. :evil:
akala mo
MARIA CLARA yun pala MARIA OZAWA

Offline bazgrol0413

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #887 on: March 07, 2010, 12:52:34 AM »
sumama ka na bro.. haha!!  :-D :-D
konting panahon na lng! hahahaha!
References: turigilliano, kulas, micsis, bh, deltaslim, Saturn/Return, spankyrigor, ejbasses, Red_Strat, alvin_ching5782, alvinratsim, mandoytz, trix, jetleebog, BrianLP, mr.brownstone, ajct3, yahu, weeping_demon, scofield, lovecore, teleclem

Offline ernestjulian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #888 on: March 07, 2010, 01:10:38 AM »
konting panahon na lng! hahahaha!

haha!! sige bro.. sulit talaga SH

Offline ytse_neil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #889 on: March 07, 2010, 08:14:14 AM »
eto ba dahilan bakit mo binenta me-50 mo...? :lol:

mukang malapit na ko maakit ng shredhead,.. :evil:
Yes sir.. hehe.. I'm really pissed off with multi effects.. Di mo magustuhan yung isang tone dun, bebenta mo yung isang unit.. Kung ako sayo bro kung gusto mo ng distortion na di mo na kailangan lagyan ng booster, dito ka na sa SH ni sir Markv..  :-)

Offline johnny_jackhammers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #890 on: March 07, 2010, 03:24:50 PM »
panalo talaga tong pedal na to man. i got mine a few weeks ago. i boost my big muff with it din for solos, hayup. also, my guitar is usually noisy as hell cause it's old and vintage lipstick pickups e. pero tahimik yung shredhead, but at the sam time high gain.

ok to for ac/dc lovers. back in black, thunderrstruck etc.

thanks mark, i've been looking for a pedal like this for some time now. i'm happy this thing exists.

Offline paulo0027

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #891 on: March 07, 2010, 08:35:42 PM »
Yes sir.. hehe.. I'm really pissed off with multi effects.. Di mo magustuhan yung isang tone dun, bebenta mo yung isang unit.. Kung ako sayo bro kung gusto mo ng distortion na di mo na kailangan lagyan ng booster, dito ka na sa SH ni sir Markv..  :-)

nakabili na ko ng me-50,,next ko na tong SH
akala mo

Offline ernestjulian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #892 on: March 07, 2010, 10:37:59 PM »
di na mapigilan ang pagkalat ng SH.. haha  :-D :-D :-D :-D

Offline zxc

« Reply #893 on: March 07, 2010, 11:01:27 PM »
di na mapigilan ang pagkalat ng SH.. haha  :-D :-D :-D :-D

syempre, panalo talaga e!

Offline ernestjulian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #894 on: March 07, 2010, 11:05:54 PM »
syempre, panalo talaga e!

hahaha sinabi mo pa bro.. haha!!

Offline markv

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #895 on: March 08, 2010, 11:09:35 AM »
.. please check out

BURGERMAN666's SHREDHEAD DEMO!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wTM3NQheF0

Thanks, Enjoy! \m/ 

Offline paulo0027

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #896 on: March 08, 2010, 11:18:02 AM »
^^

ganda nung demo...

maghintay kalang SH,..onting ipon lang :evil:
akala mo

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #897 on: March 08, 2010, 11:30:48 AM »
.. please check out

BURGERMAN666's SHREDHEAD DEMO!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wTM3NQheF0

Thanks, Enjoy! \m/ 

BIGTIME KA NA MARK!  :lol:

Offline burnthyfret

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #898 on: March 08, 2010, 01:34:15 PM »
BIGTIME KA NA MARK!  :lol:

humahabol na kay henry sy.  :lol:

Offline ytse_neil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #899 on: March 08, 2010, 03:17:21 PM »
I just tested it ngayon lang pero last saturday ko pa siya nakuha.. Ayun ayos talaga nakuha ko na yung maangas na tone ng bandang onmyouza..  :-)

One thing lang na napansin ko.. Kapag nagsosolo ako or shred parang sumasabit siya parang medjo bitin.. anu po ba pwede kong idagdag dun? Noob pa kasi ako sa pedals.. Thanks po..