hulika

Author Topic: Benefit Gig for our Fellow Drummer Wendell Garcia's Baby Isa!  (Read 2583 times)

Offline deej

• Veteran Member
Benefit Gig for our Fellow Drummer Wendell Garcia's Baby Isa!
« on: August 09, 2008, 11:52:27 AM »
Freestyle, South Border, Hapi House and Jazz Volunteers on Aug. 10, 2008 @ 19 East, for the benefit of Wendell Garcia's baby, Isa…

We are inviting you to join us on August 10, 2008 at 19 East Sucat for a benefit concert for our fellow musician Wendell Garcia (Drummer of Pupil, Hapi Haus, ex-Barbie’s Cradle and session drummer to many) and his 8-month old baby boy...Baby Isa who has been in and out of hospitals.

Tickets will be available at the gate for P250 only. Show starts at 9 PM.

We will be very grateful if you can join us in helping Baby Isa get better. Many thanks and God bless you all! =)

19 East is located at 19, East Service Rd., Sucat, Paranaque

Thank you very much for the space! and special thanks to Dio (drumster) for allowing us to post here... :-D

--> Deej (percussionist, Hapi Haus/ Julianne/ Monkeyspank)
lafolo yati, "the voice of the man who knows through the drum."

Offline drummerboy827

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Benefit Gig for our Fellow Drummer Wendell Garcia's Baby Isa!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 11:13:59 AM »
may anak na pala si tito wendell.
"Fast practice = slow progress"
"Slow practice = fast progress"

Offline deej

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 04:39:14 PM »
guys, tonight na to...hope makapunta kayo, supportahan natin si wendell...diba nga tayong mga drummers din ang mga nagtutulungan? hehehe... :-D

kung pupunta kayo mamaya, makakatulong na tayo tapos makakapanood pa tayo nang 4(apat) na sobrang gagaling na drummer...  :-D

hope to see you!!! kitakits!!! :-D

Offline deej

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 12:20:59 AM »
salamat sa lahat nang nagpunta!!! :-D

the event was a success!!! :-D

to pinoydrums and especially to Anthony Dio (drumster), thank you very much for allowing us to promote the benefit gig here...this is a very HUGE HELP!!! :-D

in behalf of Wendell Garcia, Baby Isa, Freestyle, South Border, Hapi House and Jazz Volunteers....MARAMING MARAMING SALAMAT!!! :-D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 12:24:17 AM by deej »

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 01:57:41 AM »
^ You're welcome, bro DJ!  Though I have nothing much to do with it.  All you needed to do was post and spread the word.  I'm glad to hear that the event was successful.  Wishing bro Wendell and his kid all the best!  :-)

If only we didn't have a regular Sunday night gig, me and my bandmates could have attended this event.  A few of our friends who joined the event at 19 East (Bagets, Joshua of Freestyle, etc) went to our Mugen Metrowalk gig last Sunday night.  They arrived in time for our final set, which was around 2am.  Kwento sa akin ni Bagets na sobrang saya daw ng gig at dalawang drumkits daw ang naka-setup sa stage.  And with all the talents present that night, that was surely a blissful night of music and camaraderie.  :-)

« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 02:24:13 AM by drumster »

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 05:25:54 PM »
pics and a youtube clip would be great!!!
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline vincher

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 02:54:50 AM »
DEEJ: sarap ng tugtugan ng banda nyo! enjoy na enjoy akong nakikinig sa tech booth. SARAP BRAD! txt mo naman ako saan gigs ng hapi house.para dun nyo lang ba binuo yung grupo???

Offline deej

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 12:44:38 AM »
^ You're welcome, bro DJ!  Though I have nothing much to do with it.  All you needed to do was post and spread the word.  I'm glad to hear that the event was successful.  Wishing bro Wendell and his kid all the best!  :-)

If only we didn't have a regular Sunday night gig, me and my bandmates could have attended this event.  A few of our friends who joined the event at 19 East (Bagets, Joshua of Freestyle, etc) went to our Mugen Metrowalk gig last Sunday night.  They arrived in time for our final set, which was around 2am.  Kwento sa akin ni Bagets na sobrang saya daw ng gig at dalawang drumkits daw ang naka-setup sa stage.  And with all the talents present that night, that was surely a blissful night of music and camaraderie.  :-)

I'm sure meron pang kasunod to, next time sama din kayo nang K24/7, hehe...

Kaya pala nawala sila!!! I stayed until mga 3am, and hindi pa tapos ang jamming. Kakoy, Rommel and Wendell (yes, all from Barbie's Cradle before!!!) were about to jam nung paalis ako. Naabutan ko pang nag jam si Boss Wowie of 19East, w/ Ira & Nathan of Bamboo, Nikki of Freestyle/Sinosikat? and Reli of Sinosikat?...and balita ko kay Karel (bassist of Yosha/Sinosikat?) madami pa daw musikerong nag jam pag alis ko... :-)

Ang saya sobra nung gabi! And if I remember right, ang set up nang 19East was 2 drumsets, percussions, 2 Keyboards, 4 guitar amps, a bass amp and lots of mics!!! hehehe...ang pinaka masaya dun, lahat nang bands nagsama sama during each bands sets, tulad namin sa Hapi Haus, dalawa nag drums the whole time, si Bagets at Wendell! sabay!!! tapos we were also joined by a horn section composed of sir Tots Tolentino, Richie Gonzaga and Rancis of South Border, wild talaga yung gabi! TODO lahat! tapos South Border and Freestyle shared the stage for the first time, sama sama talaga tumugtog lahat!

tama yung word na camaraderie, it was very evident that night...nag enjoy na lahat and naging successful pa yung fund raiser...sana next time mas maraming makapunta....daming drummers din na nagpunta that night to show their support, Mar Dizon, Junjun Regalado, pati si Vinci (vincher) of drumshop nandun!

Thanks again sa philmusic at pinoydums! salamat sa lahat nang nakapunta!!! :-D

Offline deej

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 12:48:52 AM »
pics and a youtube clip would be great!!!

oo naman, I'll be posting pictures here once I get to upload them in my multiply... :-)

DEEJ: sarap ng tugtugan ng banda nyo! enjoy na enjoy akong nakikinig sa tech booth. SARAP BRAD! txt mo naman ako saan gigs ng hapi house.para dun nyo lang ba binuo yung grupo???

hehehe, thanks Vinci! :-D

sige bro! text kita! madalas din kaming tumutogtog sa 19East, kaya malapit lang sayo, hehe... hindi naman binuo for that night lang, pero nag gi-gig lang kami pag halos bakante lahat, hehe...lahat kasi kami may ibang banda din. :-)