hulika

Author Topic: need help for my guitar  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Lucretia

• Philmusicus Noobitus
need help for my guitar
« on: April 14, 2006, 10:03:37 PM »
Mga sir I have a problem with my Samick guitar yung high E nya bingi pag open parang may nakalagay na tela sa bridge ang tunog.What seems to be the problem? Im using Ernie ball super slinky strings could this be the culprit? baguhin ko kaya gauge ng strings ko,does anyone experience the same problem?
In a Life there is If in our belief there is Lie in business there is Sin in our bodies there is Die...

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
need help for my guitar
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 10:42:43 PM »
does it happen all the time or only when plucked as an open string?
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline gelo

need help for my guitar
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 11:14:14 PM »
check your string saddles, also yung nut. i'd had the same kind of problem before and nung binago ko yung nut ok na.
Guitars: Ibanez RG7321| Oscar S. Acoustic
Efx: Sanrling Dogs Wah| Behringer GDI21|Zoom505II
Amp: Laney LX12

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
need help for my guitar
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 11:17:11 PM »
there is probably a problem with the intonation of the high e saddle OR there could be a kink on the string. try doing an intonation test by comparing the high e harmonic with the fretted 12th fret e note, this should tell you if your saddle needs to be moved forward or backwards. to check for kinks, look at the string  and see if there are visible signs of bending along the vibrating area of the string itself (between the nut and the bridge). kinks along the string and debris from wiping cloths can get stuck on the string dampening vibrations when you play.

also try adjusting the height of the pups to see if this improves the output volume of the plucked string. but be careful magnet pickups have an optimum distance that they should be at from the string, otherwise, the magents hinder proper vibration of the string and messes with how you can tell if your guitar is properly intonated and tuned.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!