hulika

Author Topic: Digital Photography Forum Unified Help Thread (POST ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS HERE!)  (Read 295506 times)

Offline lloydsd

• Philmusicus Noobitus
whats the easiest editing software?
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2006, 10:17:38 AM »
photoshop is very userfriendly. you just have to get used to the interface and experiment..

Offline TheEdge

• Forum Fanatic
whats the easiest editing software?
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2006, 11:34:28 AM »
Photo Impact bro try mo
http://www.ulead.com/

Adobe Photoshop madali sa mga sanay na.
You won't get what you expect, You get what you deserve

Offline vic24/7

help needed to choose a new camera
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2006, 08:22:16 PM »
folks,

i can't seem to make my mind at this point what brand and model
i should pick from those listed below. i'll be shop(lifting)  :lol: for one in the states this october, here are the models: 4 prosumer digital cams and
2 D-SLR's:

* Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50S (the brand i'm using for my photos at
   http://visualenlightenment.blogspot.com/

* Nikon Coolpix 8800

* Sony Cybershot DSC-R1

* FUJI Finepix S9000

* Canon DSLR EOS 400D Xti

* Olympus DSLR EVOLT E330

sino nakagamit na with anyone of those above-mentioned cams, pls.
relay your feedback.

thanks a lot po.

:?:     :idea:   :!:

Offline TheEdge

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2006, 08:54:40 AM »
dito ka punta
http://www.steves-digicams.com/hardware_reviews.html

daming review dyan etc.

Offline vic24/7

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2006, 10:48:55 PM »
edge, thanks a lot.

:idea:

Offline orangedreg

Ricoh KR5 Super 2
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2006, 11:23:07 AM »
Hi... how much can I sell this SLR cam?  Ricoh KR5 Super 2 (with Flash / Bag / Lense). My sister was supposed to use this but she aint got no time anymore ...  :roll:  I was supposed to use/learn this but I 'aint  got time too ....  :?

thankin' you guys in advance...  :)
I feel no joy, pain nor sorrow .....   I am Hollow....

Offline ubingan

Ricoh KR5 Super 2
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2006, 03:00:26 PM »
how much? mababa lang. dali hihih.

Offline orangedreg_2

• Veteran Member
Ricoh KR5 Super 2
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2006, 06:15:13 PM »
Kaw bro.. how much would you buy it?
gear:
Standard standfan (all stock)
Nokia 3210 (modified blue backlight) Monoblock chair (all stock) Kyowa oventoaster Meque DVD Player (all original)

Offline orangedreg_2

• Veteran Member
Ricoh KR5 Super 2
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2006, 09:35:44 AM »
post, pm or text offer na lang po.. 09178373833
gear:
Nokia 3210 (modified blue backlight) Monoblock chair (all stock) Kyowa oventoaster Meque DVD Player (all original)

Offline orangedreg_2

• Veteran Member
PICS
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2006, 09:18:30 PM »

gear:

Offline skipper

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2006, 09:54:35 PM »
400D hands down

Offline five3one

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2006, 08:51:26 AM »
wag 400D. daming panget na reviews from users... wel, madami din namang may gusto pero parang di ganun ka-okay eh..
"do you like dreaming of things so impossible?"

Offline TheEdge

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2006, 09:43:48 AM »
Magkano ba budget mo bro? tandaan mo lang hindi porket malaki ang MP maganda

Offline vic24/7

salamat sa responders
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2006, 01:51:52 PM »
mga bro,

salamat sa mga advise ninyo.

now, i've narrowed down to 2 brand models:

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 (Prosumer)

Olympus Evolt E330 (D-SLR) although i don't like the fitted lens ng olympus, a lens upgrade later with compatible Leica Lens should satisfy
yours truly.

Hirap kasi lumipat sa DLSR na viewfinder lang gamit, hahanapin mo rin yung may composing sa LCD lens niya dahil nasanay na eh and also provides more creativity and convinience, which, the two above will readily answer.

thanks again.

kindly see>>> http://visualenlightenment.blogspot.com/

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: How does a DSLR works?
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2006, 04:52:48 AM »
try a manual slr at first, pero ok din na mag DSLR ka kung kaya mo agad, ako kasi nagsimula sa film, i mean, nagsisimula, hehe, magastos lang sa film, tapos ang mahal pa ng film,
The fretboard is a vast universe.

Offline kahel

• Veteran Member
HELP! buying a new digital camera What specs do i have t consider!
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2006, 09:27:13 PM »
HELP! buying a new digital camera What specs do i have to consider! my budget is around 9.5k,  pls name the brand and its model. thanks!!! :mrgreen:

Offline roger_alcantara

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2006, 11:43:02 AM »
tama bro... start out sa film para mas matuto ka. maganda nga kung black and white, and if you have means, develop and enlarge the images yourself. that way you learn the process and you understand the process of capturing light.  when you have a firm grasp on film photography, you'll fully appreciate digital photography. :)

Offline TheEdge

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2006, 02:16:19 PM »
kung ako tatanungin? hindi ko susugest mag start sa Film kasi mas lalaki lang yung gastos mo, mag google ka ng information its not hard lalo na ngayun information madaling makita just google it :)

Offline roger_alcantara

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2006, 09:12:32 AM »
kung ako tatanungin? hindi ko susugest mag start sa Film kasi mas lalaki lang yung gastos mo, mag google ka ng information its not hard lalo na ngayun information madaling makita just google it :)

you have a point dude.  but that actually helps na madisiplina ka mag shoot.  with digital kasi nagiging trigger happy ang photographer, kasi madaling makita ang shinoot mo after you click the shutter.  with film, you are conscious about the pictures you take, and you try to make sure that every frame counts.  Plus with film (especially with slides) talagang huling huli pag mali ang exposure mo, so kita mo agad if you're doing something wrong. so if you want to seriously pursue photography as a hobby or as a career, the best way to learn is through film.  the information you get on the net are just guides, you still learn by going out and shooting. ;)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 09:14:49 AM by roger_alcantara »

Offline chette

• kailangan pa bang i-memorize yan
  • Veteran Member
Re: HELP! buying a new digital camera What specs do i have t consider!
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2006, 03:29:13 PM »
Personally, I only buy a Canon, & I only buy from Amazon.com.

I liked the support I got from Canon, and I like the price from Amazon.com (some of the cameras there are even 10k cheaper than those sold here). I think I've already bought around 3 cameras from there.

But if you need to buy locally, go to your favorite Hidalgo store. Prices are pretty competitive over there, too.

Offline roger_alcantara

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2006, 12:55:32 PM »
Personally, I only buy a Canon, & I only buy from Amazon.com.

I liked the support I got from Canon, and I like the price from Amazon.com (some of the cameras there are even 10k cheaper than those sold here). I think I've already bought around 3 cameras from there.

But if you need to buy locally, go to your favorite Hidalgo store. Prices are pretty competitive over there, too.

it is the golden truth. :D  canon rocks! and yes, try out the stores in hidalgo, lots of stocks and plenty to choose from.  minsan pwede ka pa tumawad. ehehehe. branding aside, just make sure you buy a digital camera na 3 megapixels or higher... any lower and you're better off buying a camera phone. :)  sa features naman, if you plan to make photography a serious hobby, try to find out if the particular model has a full Manual option or at least an aV or a tV setting (aperture and speed priority).  if you plan to use it as an everyday snapshot camera, i guess look for a built in flash and custom presets (for portrait, landscape, action, etc.)  but of course you can always go fully automatic. :) 

Offline TheEdge

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2006, 01:04:09 PM »
check this site out
http://www.muradito.com/digitalcamera.html

yung Sony na DSC S60 10k lang dyan sa site okay din siya sa price

check mo link
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/SS60/SS60A.HTM

review bro pra malaman mo marami pang info.

nag tataka lang ako kung bakit mura sa muradito
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 01:13:41 PM by TheEdge »

Offline kahel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2006, 02:20:26 PM »
thanks guys for your reply i really  apprecite all your input

Offline kahel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2006, 02:24:29 PM »

you have a point dude.  but that actually helps na madisiplina ka mag shoot.  with digital kasi nagiging trigger happy ang photographer, kasi madaling makita ang shinoot mo after you click the shutter.  with film, you are conscious about the pictures you take, and you try to make sure that every frame counts.  Plus with film (especially with slides) talagang huling huli pag mali ang exposure mo, so kita mo agad if you're doing something wrong. so if you want to seriously pursue photography as a hobby or as a career, the best way to learn is through film.  the information you get on the net are just guides, you still learn by going out and shooting. ;)
correct pag film talaga ang the best training dahil lahat ng mali ay tatandaan mo dahil its a costly mistake heehe kaya madali matoto  :-D

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2006, 07:10:28 AM »
I needed a small camera when I don't feel like lugging my big SLR (currently my only camera!) so I just bought a Canon Powershot SD800 through Amazon.com and am having my bro bring it when he visits Manila this Thanksgiving. On Amazon you'll find a lot of nice little cameras with great specs for less than $200 (PHP 10,000) so this is within your budget.

Among local dealers, I think the cheapest Canon powershot is around P11K or P14K. But that's the price in the malls. You can look around Hidalgo to see if they have new ones in the sub P10K range. Mas mura talaga sa Hidalgo even if they are the same units with full local warranty.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 07:12:11 AM by JimAyson »
Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom