hulika

Author Topic: sticky thread suggestion  (Read 2921 times)

Offline jun_BALARAW

• Philmusicus Addictus
sticky thread suggestion
« on: January 25, 2007, 12:20:32 AM »
masyado na ata madami.. :-)

tingin niyo??
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 12:39:44 AM by jun_BALARAW »
PEACE.... PEACE.... PEACE.... PEACE....

Offline autoexec

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: sticky threads...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 12:32:17 AM »
Siguro dapat meron lang isang sticky thread tapos naka lagay dun yung mga link sa mga sticky threads. Para di tayo malunod sa mga sticky threads. Anu sa tingin nyo? ^^

Offline jun_BALARAW

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: sticky threads...
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 12:38:39 AM »
Siguro dapat meron lang isang sticky thread tapos naka lagay dun yung mga link sa mga sticky threads. Para di tayo malunod sa mga sticky threads. Anu sa tingin nyo? ^^
mukang okey yan...
change natin title to sticky thread suggestion
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 12:40:43 AM by jun_BALARAW »

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
Re: sticky thread suggestion
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 12:50:49 AM »
Some of you guys have requested to set certain threads into sticky mode, and so I granted your requests.  Now that you guys say that there are too many sticky threads, I guess I'll just set some of it to non-sticky mode.

I'll just leave some of the sticky threads worth posting as a sticky; in particular, the reference and registry threads.  Some of the sticky topics, like the bass play-along thread and the blog thread, I'll just set them into non-sticky.  How about the gear-related threads (new gear, let's see those sets)?

The current Ampeg Bass Clinic plug-in thread, I'll set it as a sticky until Sunday night, after the said event.  I sincerely support Roger and Rommel in this bass event.

So who else wants to play moderator??  Hehe kidding...

« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 01:31:54 AM by drumster »

Offline jun_BALARAW

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 01:11:59 AM »
Some of you guys have requested to set certain threads into sticky mode, and so I granted your requests.  Now that you guys say that there are too many sticky threads, I guess I'll just set some of it to non-sticky mode.

I'll just leave some of the sticky threads worth posting as a sticky; in particular, the reference and registry threads.  Some of the sticky topics, like the bass play-along thread and the blog thread, I'll just set them into non-sticky.

How about the gear-related threads (new gear, let's see those sets)?

The current Ampeg Bass Clinic, I'll set it as a sticky until Sunday night, after the said event.  I sincerely support Roger and Rommel in this bass event.

we understand dio.. hirap talaga maging mod.. hehehe :-D

Offline axedry

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 01:13:10 AM »
sorry kung medyo OT.... may suggestion lang po, sana may sub forums yung Pinoydrums, para mas madali yung pag browse ng topics..  :-D

The Musician Forums >  Pinoydrums > [Sub forum] > [Topics]

suggestions ko sa subforums:
-  Help Forum  (para sa newbie like me na nagtatanong sa mga drum gears)
- Drum  Lessons
- Drum Gear reviews
- Videos / youtube links

etc...etc........

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 01:20:31 AM »
It's not a bad idea though.  I thought I was the only obsessive-compulsive drummer in this forum hehe!  :-D

Browsing for something can be done with the aid of the forum's search function.  However, it's not working right now, and our friendly Admins are probably fixing it right now.  By the way, the search bar actually helps me search for specific topics and merge certain threads.  I hope it will be fixed soon.

If you noticed, I've recently merged some common topics, for the sake of organization.  At times, I browse all the pages of the Pinoydrums Forum to see if there are certain topics that I can merge into one huge mother topic.  I'm also keeping an eye on new posts.  I'm really trying to do my best hehe...  :-D

I hope Admin Jim reads this.  What do you think about sticky subforums, Jim?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 01:24:47 AM by drumster »

Offline daemonite

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 01:32:54 AM »
Here's my suggestions dude for sticky:

current events such as eb's and stuff
gear info manual (where to buy guide)
stick guide (i suggest you make one coz a lot of newbies ask the W's of a stick)
drumset guide (all about the set guide)
Lesson, videos, and mags guide

i hope i helped you a bit....
Drummer / Keyboardist
PrimeApes / Chuckoy Vicuņa Combo
https://soundcloud.com/daemon-keys

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 01:48:23 AM »
Wow, you guys ang going to make me real busy here hehe... 

So this means I'll be doing a major documentation job.  Then whenever a new topic comes up, I have to update it all the time.

I'll give more thought about it...  Suggestions appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 01:53:11 AM by drumster »

Offline daemonite

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 01:57:15 AM »
Wow, you guys ang going to make me real busy here hehe... 

So this means I'll be doing a major documentation job.  Then whenever a new topic comes up, I have to update it all the time.

I'll give more thought about it...  Suggestions appreciated.

:lol: we know you are busy, pero at least pag natapos mo to, yung mga taong di marunong magbasa na lang ang magpopost ng paulit-ulit na topics  :lol:
Drummer / Keyboardist
PrimeApes / Chuckoy Vicuņa Combo
https://soundcloud.com/daemon-keys

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 02:08:17 AM »
Yeah...  But I'm thinking, I also want to encourage others to do their own research and homework; and not rely on shortcuts, or on other people actually doing it for them.  It could make some people lazy.

Still thinking about it...

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 02:22:49 AM »
If we are gonna use sub-forums, then the Pinoydrums Forum will pretty much have a format comparable to popular forums dedicated to drums and drumming, such as the Pearl Drummers Forum (http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/).

If that's what you guys have in mind, then I believe Admin Jim has the final say regarding this.  Technical na application na ito.  I'm just the moderator...  :-D

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2007, 10:55:28 AM »
Pwede ba pa-sticky rin ng earplug thread?! Hehehe.

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2007, 03:49:42 PM »
In case you guys didn't notice, the total pages of the Pinoydrums Forum are now just 25 pages (from 36 pages a couple of days ago).  It's because I've been merging topics these last few days.

So, this could be a good time to browse through the pages of Pinoydrums Forum, and check out the merged threads.

And to thread starters, some of you might wonder why your topics are missing... I most likely merged it.  :-D

I'll continue looking around and see if there are any more organizing that I can do here.  Enjoy!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 03:50:43 PM by drumster »

Offline marko21

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2007, 04:39:02 PM »
dapat siguro merong thread na naglilink sa mga good and important threads..

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2007, 04:48:04 PM »
dapat siguro merong thread na naglilink sa mga good and important threads..

The way I see it, a thread may be passe/insignificant to some; but it could be a gold mine to others.  Every thread has its goodness.  As long as it's relevant.

I guess it's just a matter of organizing things, and making sure that topics opened will not be repeated.

Offline Bammbamm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2007, 08:49:17 PM »

I'll just leave some of the sticky threads worth posting as a sticky; in particular, the reference and registry threads.  Some of the sticky topics, like the bass play-along thread and the blog thread, I'll just set them into non-sticky.  How about the gear-related threads (new gear, let's see those sets)?

The current Ampeg Bass Clinic plug-in thread, I'll set it as a sticky until Sunday night, after the said event.  I sincerely support Roger and Rommel in this bass event.

Sige bro, pakitanggal na yan...saka yung mga irrelevant photos sa bio thread. Ang dumi tingnan e :-P

Thank you! :-)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 08:50:42 PM by Bammbamm »
So Be It.

Offline pmack

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2007, 07:43:55 AM »
ok na yung ginawa mo mod drumster.
tama lang yung mga natirang sticky threads now i feel maraming makaka-benefit sa kanila.

yung ibang topics naman na maraming interesado, pwede naman natin mapanatiling nasa taas ng threads by upping it or better if magcocomment tayo about it.

you're doing a great job man....
peace!