hulika

Author Topic: help on usb devices  (Read 1736 times)

Offline akosimic

• Philmusicus Addictus
help on usb devices
« on: February 05, 2007, 04:41:53 PM »
im having problems with a laptop i use at times. naka-win98SE sya tapos may usb port. however, any usb device i plug into it, wont work (or works but screws up later on). i installed all drivers but somethings just wrong.

1. any suggestions for the usb socket?
2. if the usb socket wont work, can a usb-com/parallel port cable do the trick (ayaw nga gumana ng driver)?

Offline kaffee

Re: help on usb devices
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 04:58:20 PM »
Hi,

- You didnt mention if you are trying to plug in newer USB devices. Still with a Win98SE desktop around, newer devices such as USB Flash discs, like those that are U3-enabled, wont just work with our 98SE, even if it says that compatible sya. Also, what you could check is if the USB port of your laptop is already 2.0 as all new USB devices are 2.0, even if they're supposedly backward compatible.
- If the USB ports are working, when was the last time you plugged in a device and what was it?
- Last option is to upgrade the OS to XP to solve all your problems.

Offline akosimic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 11:53:32 AM »
yikes i forgot to mention nga, yup its a flash drive.

im not sure kung 2.0 compatible sya. how do i check? can a converter do the trick?

Offline kaffee

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 12:39:43 PM »
Uhm, check the manual or packaging, akosimic. You can go to the website of your device to see model or type. The U3 drive I was referring to is a Kingston 1GB which, even if it provided a WIN98SE driver said was labeled compatible, still wasn't read by the desktop. What was the last device you plugged in and when? :)

Offline akosimic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 03:22:39 PM »
last device plugged in was a flash drive, around 1 week ago.