hulika

Author Topic: First Time Gear Buyer Questions Here!  (Read 229773 times)

Offline jacobus

Re: First Time Gear Buyer Questions Here!
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2007, 09:04:22 PM »
id go with sonor kc mas cheaper and its more durable from my experience with sonor drums sets.
FOR GOD, FOR COUNTRY, FOR DeMOLAY

Offline bolong

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2007, 09:08:15 PM »
Thanks For The Advice.. 8-) :-D . Mas mura po ba pag sa raon?? Accepted po ba dun ang credit card or % interest???

Offline zound_tech

« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2007, 09:25:18 PM »
just got home from a friend's house,
he let me use his pearl export that he bought a month ago,
it cost him around 56k together with the b8 cymbals,
all i can say is  that it was all worth it,
from the looks, to the sound and the hardware,
at talgang nakakainspire nga magpractice,
i had a hard time leaving his place,
anyways,
the point is that, if you're really serious about drumming,
go buy the set that you really like if it means a little more saving,
investment naman yan eh
pero if your rili tight,
sonor force is not a bad choice,
yun gamit sa skul namin,
bili ka nalang skin and decent cymbals
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 09:41:20 PM by zound_tech »

Offline alvin_11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2007, 09:39:03 PM »
ang alam ko po bihira ang tumatanggap ng credit card sa raon.. yes mas mura dun..  :-)
alvin.

Offline greysky

« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2007, 10:08:16 PM »
sa Perfect Pitch may 0% din po.
IMO kung bibili ka po ng drumset
kung gusto mo naman talaga ang pag dadrums...
bumili ka ng sulit bro..
investment na din yan
pero kung kulang ang budget mo talaga and if you cant wait
ok lang din.
 :-D
"If you can't accept losing, you can't win!"

Offline Kels

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2007, 11:01:17 PM »
mga sir ..

balak ko din kasi bumili ng set , pero pang practice lang naman ng grupo namin.. (ndi kasi ako drummer )  :-D

and may nag sabi sakin na ang bilin ko ay kahit mumurahin nalang na set tapos palitan ko nalang daw ung skin? ..

ok lang ba ung ganun?

salamat po  :-D

Offline Single Stroke Seven

« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2007, 09:46:09 AM »
siguro po mga 12-20k lang po budget ko. estudyante lang po kasi ako e!

Just my opinion: Instead of buying a drumset right away, I think you're better off buying a drum pad muna and find a good teacher. Get one of those pads with built-in metronome (mga worth 2K siguro) and work on your rudiments. Find a good teacher who will guide you as you go along. Now kapag tumagal ka ng 6 months or even a year just doing rudiments and which by that time (hopefully) you have mastered the rudiments then maybe you can justify buying a really good kit. Kasi kung bibili ka na kaagad ng drumset and after a few months nawalan ka ng gana, sayang lang yung set. Even if you sell it, sigurado lugi ka.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is find out first if desidido ka talagang mag-drums. And you can easily find that out by taking lessons. Mga iba, a few months into the lessons give up na sila, which means di talaga sila desidido matuto.

Isa pang "disadvantage" ng purchasing drums right away is that you will want to learn songs right away. Instead of focusing muna on the basics, gusto mo ng mag-groove with songs kaagad. In effect, you might be tempted to neglect the basics that a drummer should know. Pero kung drum pad lang, no choice ka but to work on your rudiments muna. So siguro mas maganda kung gawin mong trophy at the end yung drumset. Tell yourself na when you have finally mastered the basics of drumming then you can have the coveted trophy, which is actually the drumset itself.

And believe me, when you have mastered the basics and move on to the real drumset you will have a MASSIVE advantage over the others na kaagad nag-groove without really learning the basics.
Just call me SSS...

Offline black_panther

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2007, 10:27:48 AM »
siguro po mga 12-20k lang po budget ko. estudyante lang po kasi ako e!

one big factor here is the maximum budget that you want to spend on your drumset, i suggest you increase a bit your budget and buy a decent one, drums are one time investment usually.
SPL AUDIO MARKETING QUIAPO, MANILA
TEL#735-54-40
 HI-FI LOUNGE ALABANG FESTIVAL MALL  TEL#842-81-33  THE MUSIC SOURCE EDSA  TEL#376-4598/ 415-03-66

Offline TMS

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2007, 10:50:14 AM »
you might consider the Mapex Q series, 24,995 SRP :wink:
The Music Source
#1021 EDSA, Project 7 Q.C.
Tel:     415-0366 & 3764598 Email:   tms.edsa@gmail.com  Hifi Lounge 4F Festival Mall, Alabang Tel:  8428133 Email:  tms.edsa@gmail.com  SPL Audio Marketing Raon St., Manila  Tel: 735-5440 Email: tms.ed

Offline Akira JUMBO

• good vibrations
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2007, 02:07:18 PM »
I just realized that this is a complicated issue; well the best advice I can give you is maximize what you have/what you can have and make sure you like what your getting..

I agree with the concept of having the perfect drum kit..perfection is to each is his own which I think can only be possible with how you perceive perfection towards what you have..

I will place myself as an example, I myself own only an entry level kit but on a personal plane I consider this to be my perfect drum kit in its own way (really honestly!!! :wink:); others may think otherwise but it does not really matter, you will be the one creating a relationship with your new kit and not them so as a golden rule "never try to please everybody for you will surely fail".. :lol:

when you do get more specific on having particular kit options I think we might be able to help you more..keep us posted!

hope this helps a bit..good luck and happy hunting!  :-D
DRUM.ROOM drum items for sale click here

Offline bolong

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2007, 08:13:19 PM »
ano po ba ung IMO????

Kapag bumili po ba ng sonor 505 sa raon? meron na po bang cymbals? thank you po
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 09:06:56 PM by Akira JUMBO »

Offline Akira JUMBO

• good vibrations
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2007, 08:32:01 PM »
ano po ba ung IMO????

IMO="In My Opinion"
IMHO= "In My Honest Opinion"  :lol:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 08:46:46 PM by Akira JUMBO »

Offline kimboy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2007, 08:50:35 PM »
it cost him around 56k together with the b8 cymbals,
all i can say is  that it was all worth it,

56k vs. 17k hindi little po saving yan.. anlayo eh..
tsaka 56k for an export.. wow.

Offline pointless

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2007, 09:45:48 PM »
kung gusto mo ng matagalan na drums.. ipunin mo muna yan... practice pads muna... tapos pag me pera ka na... mas pipiliin ko Yamaha Rydeen kesa sa Pearl Export... kahit tambay ako sa pearl drummers forum mas gusto ko tunog ng Rydeen kaso maganda hardware ng Export... pero mas mura yung rydeen.. same entry level drums sila...

dun sa raon... ung sonor.. fernando... na magkakapresy halos parepareho lang na beginner kit yan...

mabuti na yung medyo mapapagastos ka kesa sa bibili ka ngayon pero pag nalaman mo pala na hindi yun yung gusto mong drums masasayang lang...

tulad ko wahaha... yung powerbeat kong drumset sampung taon na.. bebenta ko.. pag nakabili ako ng bagong heads bebenta ko to pambili ng rydeen o kaya export... ipopost ko dito.. hehe..

Offline Akira JUMBO

• good vibrations
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2007, 04:32:47 PM »
(merged topics)

these might help.. :lol:

Entry-level/Budget Drumkit thread: http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,30084.0.html

Mid-level Drumkit thread:  http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,27091.0.html
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 04:34:14 PM by Akira JUMBO »

Offline bolong

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2007, 02:44:20 PM »
thank you po sa mga suggestion niyo...

surf ako sa jbmusic. may offer sila na maya ft900c for 11,500. reg price is 16,500 daw. gud buy kaya ito? meron din silang 19k na fernando. ano po tingin nyo?

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2007, 02:46:33 PM »
Hi guys.

Im planning to buy a kit next week. na-commando ko nung isang araw yung Raon and I've decided to buy a Sonor Force 507. makukuha ko sya for less than 20k (mga ganun...). eto sya,

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-SOO-F507S1-WR.html

I want to know kung anong mga specifics ang kailangan kong i-check before ko kunin; kung anong mga technical hardware specs ang kailangan kong i-check bago ko bilhin yung kit.

Thanks in advance guys.  8-)
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2007, 01:03:24 PM »
^nabili ko na, kanina.

Maraaaaaaaming salamat po sa nagsuggest at nagbigay ng comments.   :-D

* PINOYDRUMS FORUM GUIDELINES
4. No excessive use of punctuation marks, symbols, and smileys.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 04:33:52 PM by Akira JUMBO »
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline grendil8

« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2007, 12:34:15 PM »
ano po bang mga dapat consider kung bibili ka.. im planning to buy drumset and a couple of hardwares..

> bibili po ako ng mga cymbals stands and drum stuffs.

sana matulungan niyo ako

Offline maplesyrup

« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2007, 01:23:15 PM »
pag hardware matibay dapat, double braced mas ok.. tapos pag magbabayad kana.. hingi ka discount! meron lagi yun! hehehehe!

pag sa drums.. hirap explain eh.. tingnan mo yung kahoy sa luob ng drum. nner shell..baka may butas butas.pampapangit ng tunog yun.

sa cymbals.. dipende sayo kung ano gusto mong tunog..trust your ear.. hirap magsabi kung ano ang maganda.. iba iba tayo ng taste.. pero para safe ka.. A custom.. swabe tunog!

sana makatulong ang konti kong nalalaman!
bow!
ehemmm..... sikretong malufit.. sabog ang lapay mo girl! - wag kana! pweh!

Offline jckazs

« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2007, 01:39:17 PM »
My 2 cents =)

Drums:

1) Type of Wood
check: http://www.drumdojo.com/tech/shelldesign.htm

2) Sizes
- Fusion (normally, 10, 12, 14 yung config ng toms. suitable for pop; rock; jazz)
- Standard (12, 13, 16. suitable for loud music)

3) Bearing edges
Yung edge ng drums...kung san nag sasalubong yung drum head at yung drum shell. Dapat consistent yung angle ng edges at walang dings

3) Tom suspension

Hardware

Normally, mga kit dito me kasama ng decent double braced hardware. Keep the cymbal stands...buy a mid or a high end drum pedal (double chain driven). Kung me extrang pera, bili ka din ng hi hat stand na me spring tension. 
Invest in a good drum throne. Ito yung pinakaimportanteng hardware sa lahat   

:-)

Offline jadee

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2008, 10:33:07 AM »
hi!

im going to learn how to play the drums and im planning to buy a good drum set. what can you advise if im just starting. a friend is selling his pearl (2nd hand) at 10k. is the price reasonable? what should i consider in buying this?

thank you

Offline suspendead

Important Pointers In Buying Drums (Brand New or 2nd Hand)
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2008, 03:39:22 PM »
This topic was brought up by a friend who is concerned about our new members in terms of buying new or used gears. If you have any suggestions or anything to add, please feel free to do so...

One thing that new members should know about is what to buy. New members should know what they really want to buy. Have a breif idea what those gears are and if they are the real thing. Some people might sell you a copy. Try to get proper information about the product, ask around. Everybody are willing to help out. Also buy gears that you will be using, not just because it is "COOL".

Any other suggestions???
" I HEAR VOICES AND THEY DON'T LIKE YOU "

Offline mondi99060451

• Veteran Member
Re: What newbees should know before buying a Drum item
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2008, 03:42:46 PM »
compare nyo sa internet yung mga items na bibilhin nyo kung nasa tamang range ba yung price:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/
http://www.music123.com/
http://www.zzounds.com/

sa cymbals, kung faded na ang logos, inspect nyo yung physical appearance ng cymbals like lathing, hammering, etc... para malaman nyo kung authentic yung bibilhin nyong gear.

kung brand new yung item tapos, hindi pa ganun ka established yung source, magtanong tanong muna, mahirap mag ipon!!!

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: What newbees should know before buying a Drum item
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2008, 03:43:47 PM »
1. Save up and aim for high-end equipment, even if it's second-hand.

2. Most of the time, original stuff is always better than replicas.

3. An artist signature item is not always better than standard equipment. It's just different. Take a look at Chad Smith and Morgan Rose snare drums.

4. A product endorsed by an artist doesn't always equate to a great product. Take the Travis Barker-endorsed Pitch Black series cymbals, for example.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 03:47:28 PM by Gep »