hulika

Author Topic: Network Question...  (Read 3823 times)

Offline Diadem

• Philmusicus Addictus
Network Question...
« on: November 14, 2006, 06:03:06 AM »
ok.. i have 2 computers (both windows xp) desktop PC
                                      (both built in  gigabit controllers)
                                      (both have wireless adapters)
                                      crossover connection

im planning to use file sharing for the gigabit wired connection ONLY                                     
and ill be using smart dsl for the wireless > using a wireless router

now heres the Q: how can u do it?
                             or is it possible?
i did try this but... it only works either you remove the crossover or the wireless.. wont work together

Offline TheEdge

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Network Question...
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 10:22:14 AM »
both computer has wireless PCI Card?

example:

Ganito lang talaga ang setup nyan

yung config sa manual na un ng router mo makikita

Pra mas maintindihan mo click link below
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/wireless/2003/03/21/home_wifi.html

:)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 10:26:07 AM by TheEdge »
You won't get what you expect, You get what you deserve

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 11:40:44 AM »
Can't you bridge the 2 network connections?
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline TheEdge

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 11:51:17 AM »
Mas magastos ang cross over kasi kailangan open un isang PC na nag shashare ng internet connection, tutal meron ka naman ng wireless router un nalang setup mo same din un ng wired router

ay sya nga pala anong brand and model ng wireless router mo?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 11:52:25 AM by TheEdge »
You won't get what you expect, You get what you deserve

Offline Diadem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 01:10:08 AM »
both have wireless pci.. DLINK

router is dlink.. but ... the router's wired speed is only 100 mbps... the built in on the motherboard is 1000mbps... thats y i need to do crossover.. for file sharing only.. for network rendering purposes.. not for internet..

Can't you bridge the 2 network connections?

bridge? hmmnn.. wont work either...

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 01:40:44 AM »
Try disabling the MS firewall. Use Zonealarm instead; just make sure to add the other computer's IP addy into ZA's zones.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline Diadem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 01:44:51 AM »
Try disabling the MS firewall. Use Zonealarm instead; just make sure to add the other computer's IP addy into ZA's zones.

tnx for the suggestion... but ah... i did not work...

this happens... if i turn on the wireless... you get internet connection... but when you do file transfer... the transfer goes to the wireless.. not the crossover... turn of the wireless.... dont get net. but the file transfer goes to the crossover...

Offline jhay_609

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 03:14:21 AM »
 Di ko pa sure sir pero try mo disable File and Sharing sa wireless card kung naka-enable pa...

Offline Diadem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 03:20:21 AM »
Di ko pa sure sir pero try mo disable File and Sharing sa wireless card kung naka-enable pa...

pede rin.. pero hindi eh.. tnx anyways..

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 04:37:13 AM »
dude since two PCs lang naman yang gamit mo, mag-hamachi ka na lang. it practically eliminates the need for crossover cables, multiple LAN cards on each PC, etc. yun nga lang, kelangan nakaconnect sa Internet yung dalawang PC for it to work but since naka-broadband ka naman, that won't be a problem :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline vladivastard

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 12:17:28 PM »
You cannot use both the wireless and wired connection at the same time.  If you really want to make it work using your Gigabit NIC's, it gonna be a little expensive because you will need an Access Point  and a Gigabit hub/switch.   Your broadband as you mentioned is located in a different area of the house.  But are the 2 computers close to each other that you can have them running thru a wired connection?  That will be the only way to make use of your Gigabit NIC's and share the internet connection at the same time without having to use a passthru connection, meaning both PC's has to be on for the other pc to gain access to the internet.