hulika

Author Topic: how can we get sponsors in our events?  (Read 3943 times)

Offline anna mariz castillo

• Philmusicus Noobitus
how can we get sponsors in our events?
« on: March 23, 2007, 11:50:10 PM »
please help us. tnx..

Offline soulshifter

Re: how can we get sponsors in our events?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 02:16:57 AM »
generally the way to do it is write the targeted sponsors a letter with regards to the details of your event/s.... and what you need from them (cash, products,...).

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 09:42:38 AM »
will we hand the letter personally to the company?

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 11:50:19 AM »
The first thing is to narrow down your list of possible sponsors - find out which company normally sponsors events that are similar to yours; go around and observe.

Talk to the secretaries - they can tell you who to address the letter to. A letter for event sponsorship should always be an exchange of values. In return for the company being a sponsor, what are you prepared to give them back in return?

some ways:
1) Mention of the company and/or their product during the event.
2) Hanging up banners (provided by the company) during your event. Yopu may have to clear this with your venue (for example, beer companies are very territorial about the bars they "sponsor"; there may be lockouts)
3) Inclusion of their brand's logo in your posters and other material (positioning and size of the logo are crucial).
4) Inclusion of a game in between bands that is tied in with their product.
5) Mention of the company if your event goes on radio or print.

Also, it's good to try and set a meeting, so you can present your event to them face-to-face. Try inquiring with the secretary of the person (respectfully; secretaries are the gatekeepers of the corporate world) every few days - if it's taking too long, or if the secretary says it's no deal...then look for another sponsor.

Offline jv21

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 12:29:22 PM »
tnx bass cog.. but how can we contact those secretaries? we meet them personally?

tnx..
"epal ikaw ,Epal ako,Epal siya,Epal Sila,Epal tayong lahat hehehehe" quote from  JUAN SINKO (founder, Sinkoism)

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 03:16:29 PM »
Check the phone books. you'll see the numbers for main HQ's of companies here. If not, search the Internet. Many companies have websites.

Also, the goal is still to meet the boss. however, it also pays to be on the secretary's good side. the secretary is not the goal, but in order to get to the goal, you have to pass through the secretary. in the course of trying to meet the boss, you will always invariably run into the secretary. Now, some offices, you can immediately talk to the boss - but if the boss does not know you, or does not consider you important enough (sad as it may seem, it happens), then you will be relegated to the assistant or the secretary...so, be nice to them. they might give you the chance.

Also, do not rely too much on friends of friends or "pare, kilala ko si ________". You never know what the real score is between your friend and the contact. better to introduce yourself independently first, and then use a connection. using the connection first is often a vary bad idea.

Offline soundslikebryan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 03:18:07 PM »
I used to do this pag meron gig sa school.

tama yung list ni BassCog.

Ang magandang approach dito is to streamline in doing things. Kung meron kayong tropa, or yung grupo nyo is big enough to organize several groups. Mahirap kasi kung isang unit lang ng tao ang mag-se-set up ng meeting/appointments.

Kuwento ko na lang ang ginawa ko dati. Treasure hunting event, and we need sponsors. I have an advantage kasi my uncle is a consultant at San Miguel. I asked him kung sino ang pwede kong kontakin regarding sponsorship. Binigay nya yung isang distributor.

So nag-generate ako ng personalized letter (formal-business), addressed sa distributor. Hindi nai-mention na ang uncle ko ay consultant. Anyway, wala akong natanggap na call back or any sort of response for about week. (I figured, I'd give them at least 5 business days to respond). So nung wala talaga, nagsama ako ng tao, tapos pinuntahan ko yung office. Yun pala, nakapila kami sa mga 50 na tao na nag-request ng sponsorship.

I talked to the secretary and asked if the boss can give me 3 minutes. I prepared my piece and handed him a copy of my letter. Right there, I made my point and I got the sponsorship.

The distributor gave me 1 truck filled with kegs of beer. We are to sell this, matira isosoli. We get 50% of the profits.

We also got Shakey's, punta ka lang sa isang malapit na store (make sure na walang naka-post na do no solicit). Look for the manager and talk to them, prepare your piece and you can get a deal as well. Ang nakuha ko is 25% of profits, they sell close to the gig area and your people get free food.

Sample lang to.
Bakit hindi ka pwedeng mapuyat sa umaga?

http://www.myspace.com/bryanjason  http://twitter.com/bryanjason

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 12:16:37 PM »
salamat sa lahat ng infos..

ano pa pde malaman?

hehehe.. :-D

Offline soundslikebryan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 04:00:39 PM »
iisa pa ko. I marketed the following....Cravings, Pizza Hut, Angelino's, Chinoi's, Trellis, Tia Maria's, Sweet Inspirations, Coca Cola....marami pa, nakalimutan ko na.

Nakakuha ako kahit papano sa lahat ng na-market ko. I prepared a letter. It's sort of a general letter pero nai-fine tune ko sya for each one.

You really need people pag nag-ma-marketing ka. Streamline everything. Look for sponsors na alam mong same vibe sa activity.

don't choke on your own words
practice your piece for the presentation
don't beg
roll with the punches
Bakit hindi ka pwedeng mapuyat sa umaga?

http://www.myspace.com/bryanjason  http://twitter.com/bryanjason

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 01:12:35 AM »
do a lot of cold calling - listing down possible sponsors for you're event. make sur eyou have the right company info. and your target person is the marketing manager or purchasing agent/manager.

for the proposal letter, please employ someone who is really good at this. this is your entry level. and first impression ALWAYS lasts.

dont this thing blindly as it will cost you a lot of money.

please remember, you're gonna be part of the event. your name is will be on th chopping block if anything, i mean anything will go wrong. and money is involved.

most especially, DO NOT do anything on a whim or impulse.

underpromise. over deliver (onti lang ha, baka mamulibi kayo eh)
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects