hulika

Author Topic: ano po ba ang best sound card na marerecommend nyo for a beginner  (Read 663 times)

Offline d_one

im buying a new desktop kasi this weekend and i want to know bout what kind of sound card would be best for a beginner like me who just wants to record some songs either in guitar pro or mix craft.

your suggestions will be deeply appreciated! ;)

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Re: ano po ba ang best sound card na marerecommend nyo for a beginner
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 09:12:33 AM »
Depends on your budget. Right off the bat, I'd suggest the M-Audio 2496 if you want an internal soundcard. If you prefer usb, the M-audio Fast Tracks are ok.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline skyturn

Re: ano po ba ang best sound card na marerecommend nyo for a beginner
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 01:46:33 AM »
my two scents out of years of experience being a musician then later becoming a recordist.

if you're looking to record simply for documentation, then your on board sound card will do or the USB fast track. (learn about latencies)

if you're looking to produce music from your room, that's another story.
i've met a lot of musicians who think that they can be recordists at the same time, invested in a lot of equipments ended up not using them anymore or selling them.

being a recordist/sound engineer/technical producer is a whole different ball game. patience and a lot... and i mean really loooong hours on the desk, is what recording and mixing demands.

so before you jump the gun, play around with what you have.  do some multiple takes using your lone sound card.  try mixing, play with effects. 

if you have the calling for bing a recordist/musician... you will want more.  then you consider buying serious equipment.
I