hulika

Author Topic: Gibson Guitar Users Thread  (Read 236668 times)

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Gibson Guitar Users Thread
« Reply #650 on: February 09, 2012, 05:49:14 PM »
@teleclem and kimhags

Thanks for the appreciation. The premium plus models have insane flames, they are a tad higher than the PLUS models. Plus and Premium Plus tops during this era (early to mid 90's) were far off better than some Reissues.

N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline Van*

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #651 on: February 09, 2012, 10:54:09 PM »
@Van, nice take on the Gold Reflector knobs, man! Is it more of an Amber-Yellow-ish or Amber-Orange-ish on close and personal, first hand look? It's no-brainer tho that the lights sometimes affect the color!

I was aiming for the Slash/Gary Moore look too, I saw a Slash AFD model but I was surprised to see it having poor flames and mediocre top, it looked liked photo-flame from my perspective (a mere veneer would look even better than that guitar I have seen) Well, that's just me.

Anyhow, yours got prominent flames and great 3D effect and I would suggest an amber tip to go with the color. Yours Looks like a Guitar Of the Week or a special run, so I guess they must have place a premium top on it!

Here's my Gibsons. 1995 Les Paul Classic Premium Plus and 1994 Gibson SG Standard (sold already). I owned a few from Gibson LP Studio, to plain top Honeyburst Standard, to 70's Custom and a nighthawk special. But this one will stay as I am a sucker for the flames!

Hey man, thanks! Honestly, i don't know how to describe the color. It looks orangy/red and sometimes its on yellowish-natural side. Yes, it's a limited edition standard, the finish is called "Santa Fe" if im not mistaken. I just got a new real amber speed knobs and can't wait to put them on. I would like to change the pickups just for the "Slash" look but that's nuts and impractical, we'll see in  few months i guess since haven't decided on which tone i should go for, whether to go for classic or modern sound.

Your guitar looks perfect as it is, i would change it to zebras but i really like the les pauls with simple look. What pickups did you go for?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 10:59:04 PM by Van* »
What you own, owns you.

Offline jm the mute

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #652 on: February 10, 2012, 01:13:59 AM »
nice. was this the one moncseb was selling?

opo :)
"there is a fine line between art and mukhang T-A-N-G-A"

https://soundcloud.com/jm-the-mute

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #653 on: February 10, 2012, 09:38:09 AM »
Hey man, thanks! Honestly, i don't know how to describe the color. It looks orangy/red and sometimes its on yellowish-natural side. Yes, it's a limited edition standard, the finish is called "Santa Fe" if im not mistaken. I just got a new real amber speed knobs and can't wait to put them on. I would like to change the pickups just for the "Slash" look but that's nuts and impractical, we'll see in  few months i guess since haven't decided on which tone i should go for, whether to go for classic or modern sound.

Your guitar looks perfect as it is, i would change it to zebras but i really like the les pauls with simple look. What pickups did you go for?

Hey Van, these pickups were stock 496R and 500T open coils. I sold them and it's currently rigged with SD Active Blackouts, unfortunately I left the guitar in P.I.

Now I am  considering the Slash SD's or the Jazz JB combo on zebra or a pair of BKP but I wanted a more aggressive tone, so not until I get this ax back in my arms that I will be able to install new ones and perhaps has a decision by then lol. The SD Blackouts makes this guitar growl but looks nasty and un-classy. Or perhaps get it back to stock and find myself another set of 496R and 500T. But that seems too distant of a time...could take me a year to say the least. 

Get an amber tip, I look forward to seeing it with the amber knobs.

Btw, what pickups are installed on your guitar?
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline Van*

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #654 on: February 10, 2012, 11:50:04 AM »
Hey Van, these pickups were stock 496R and 500T open coils. I sold them and it's currently rigged with SD Active Blackouts, unfortunately I left the guitar in P.I.

Now I am  considering the Slash SD's or the Jazz JB combo on zebra or a pair of BKP but I wanted a more aggressive tone, so not until I get this ax back in my arms that I will be able to install new ones and perhaps has a decision by then lol. The SD Blackouts makes this guitar growl but looks nasty and un-classy. Or perhaps get it back to stock and find myself another set of 496R and 500T. But that seems too distant of a time...could take me a year to say the least. 

Get an amber tip, I look forward to seeing it with the amber knobs.

Btw, what pickups are installed on your guitar?

That sucks! Why would you let yourself LP-less??? I heard that 496 and 500 have more output than my Burstbucker pros. Yes, SD sounds like the "last resort" if you"re looking for that crunch and classier look.

I got the real amber speed knobs! I really like how it look on my guitar, i think it will stay.

What do you think?

Stay safe, man.
What you own, owns you.

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #655 on: February 10, 2012, 05:12:59 PM »
Van*

Mas maganda yung amber kesa sa gold. haha. The gold knobs made the guitar look cheap. Amber is the way.  :mrgreen:

Offline Van*

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #656 on: February 10, 2012, 09:56:23 PM »
Van*

Mas maganda yung amber kesa sa gold. haha. The gold knobs made the guitar look cheap. Amber is the way.  :mrgreen:
Yun nga sabi ng utol ko. Mas bumagay sa kulay ng body!
What you own, owns you.

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #657 on: February 11, 2012, 12:05:50 AM »
Need some help guys. What can i use to shine up my stoptail bridge on the LP? it seems to have dulled majorly. might be dirt but it's just in the case... maybe needs some tlc  :-D

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #658 on: February 11, 2012, 01:37:54 AM »
Need some help guys. What can i use to shine up my stoptail bridge on the LP? it seems to have dulled majorly. might be dirt but it's just in the case... maybe needs some tlc  :-D

Rubbing compound.  Follow-up with polishing compound.  Automotive product brands will do nicely.

*Van

That finish is interesting.  Can't say I like the change in knobs when the finish color keeps changing!  In the photos, she can't decide if she's amber or orange.  (parang babae nga gitara mo, in a "does this dress look ok?".. "how about with this pair of shoes" kind of way)
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline Van*

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #659 on: February 11, 2012, 02:28:45 AM »

*Van

That finish is interesting.  Can't say I like the change in knobs when the finish color keeps changing!  In the photos, she can't decide if she's amber or orange.  (parang babae nga gitara mo, in a "does this dress look ok?".. "how about with this pair of shoes" kind of way)
That's a good thing i guess. Ladies should never be boring.
What you own, owns you.

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #660 on: February 11, 2012, 02:52:35 AM »
Rubbing compound.  Follow-up with polishing compound.  Automotive product brands will do nicely.

Thanks! Any reco?  :)

Offline mother_earth!

• Veteran Member
« Reply #661 on: February 11, 2012, 03:37:55 AM »
ok ba yung semi hollow na les paul type guitars? may nakita kasi ako festival mall dati sa lyric ata yun..

Offline jeffcrescendo

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #662 on: February 11, 2012, 04:53:25 PM »
available po ang gibson dito s store namin located at SM FAIRVIEW. CRESCENDO name ng store...we are proud to say n authorized dealer kami ng gibson and epiphone...you can check it on gibson site http://www2.gibson.com/Support/Dealers/Asia/Philippines.aspx   and epiphone site   http://www.epiphone.com/Support/Dealers.aspx?mappath=/Support/Dealers/Asia/Philippines   pls support authorized dealers

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #663 on: February 11, 2012, 05:11:05 PM »

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #664 on: February 11, 2012, 05:35:51 PM »
Yan, dumarami na Gibby's :)

Short clip: bareknuckle the mules and blues jr

feature=youtube_gdata_player
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 05:37:15 PM by gainsucker »

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #665 on: February 11, 2012, 08:06:43 PM »
^^^

Ganda ng top! Panalo yung sustain. :)

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #666 on: February 11, 2012, 08:19:36 PM »
Yan, dumarami na Gibby's :)

feature=youtube_gdata_player

waw legs :-D
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #667 on: February 11, 2012, 10:00:25 PM »
@Van

You went for the Amber Speed Knobs pala. Amber Bell Knobs will also look good on your LP.

OT: I am currently thinking it over if I will get an LP or a SE245 to cure the LP gas, or perhaps a SG Standard instead as it's really in my wish list after letting go of my SG . But I am also gassing for a ENGL gigmaster head and a Mini Rec 25. So being LP-less for the moment is like in a bad withdrawal stage. :lol:
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline guitarbrat

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #668 on: February 12, 2012, 06:04:53 AM »
Just want to share to add more GAS for gibson craving
pic taken from my fave store Island Guitars

NEW AND CUSTOM
Please ignore the Rickenbackers in the back :-D

VS. THE OLDIE BUT GOODIE
The cherry heritage you see is almost 50 yrs old but doesn't need a chiropractor yet... sweet yeah?

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #669 on: February 12, 2012, 09:08:40 AM »
^^^

Ganda ng top! Panalo yung sustain. :)

Thanks bro, this lp is staying :)

waw legs :-D
:lol:

pic taken from my fave store Island Guitar

VS. THE OLDIE BUT GOODIE
The cherry heritage you see is almost 50 yrs old but doesn't need a chiropractor yet... sweet yeah?

I like the lemon and tobacco :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 09:27:50 AM by gainsucker »

Saturn/Return

« Reply #670 on: February 12, 2012, 10:33:23 AM »
I like the lemon and tobacco :)

+1 on the lemon

More Gibson pics (taken from Swee Lee last night):

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #671 on: February 12, 2012, 10:37:32 AM »
hey bro, your inbox is full. you still here in SG? kaiyak yung nabentang LP Custom 70's kanina lang, di ko naabutan, P40k lang nabenta  :cry:

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #672 on: February 12, 2012, 10:57:50 AM »

yun nasa gitna :drool:
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #673 on: February 12, 2012, 11:06:50 AM »

Collector's Choice #2 ata yan, Goldie, Peter Green Reissue

Offline guitarbrat

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #674 on: February 12, 2012, 01:41:46 PM »

Stunner  :cool:

What finish is that bro? Limited ba? Custom?  How come walang available na mga finish sa ganyan dito or even online. Just amazing. Beautiful