hulika

Author Topic: Gibson Guitar Users Thread  (Read 237539 times)

Offline Jmarlwin

Re: Gibson Guitar Users Thread
« Reply #900 on: October 27, 2013, 05:35:06 AM »

My first Gibson: les paul swamp ash.
Light and resonant!  :-D

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #901 on: October 27, 2013, 10:26:24 AM »
Yun oh. More pics please?

Haha. Yan na lang muna.. tamad mag transfer sa PC.  :-D

My first Gibson: les paul swamp ash.
Light and resonant!  :-D

Nice bookmatch!

Ganyan na yung stock nya na hardcase nung nabili mo bro?
“I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to everyone who will take it.., seek knowledge from those wiser than me and try to teach those who wish to learn from me.”

― Duane Allman

Offline Jmarlwin

« Reply #902 on: October 27, 2013, 11:38:58 AM »
Got it 2nd hand bro. By the way, ok ba callaham bridges? Just contemplating on upgrading.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #903 on: November 08, 2013, 10:37:43 AM »
Hi Gibson Afficionados,

Any advice and opinions on the 2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard?
Someone is offering this to me at a fair price..and the burst and color matches up to my liking..and pretty new..
Reading about the new stuff they did to this.like the Neutrik Locking jacks, the chambered body, the assymetrical neck..etc..
Just would like to ask around a bit for tips about this particular model..

If ever this may be THE Gas ender for 2013..haha

Thanks In Advance..

YORTOTS?

^Actual Pic.. sweet looking mother fudger in my opinion..
 :drool:

:wave: :wave: :wave:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 10:42:05 AM by gandydancer123 »
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline tam_guitar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #904 on: November 08, 2013, 12:59:14 PM »
I went to one of our local stores and tested a Gibson LP 60s tribute. Unfortunately it was not a good experience with that particular model.

String buzz here and there.

Probably a production defect?

Pano nalang kung sa online mo binili yung guitar then ganun out of the box? Ang gastos kasi ibabalik mo pa (shipping cost).
There is no tone. There is only music.

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #905 on: November 08, 2013, 02:53:03 PM »
I went to one of our local stores and tested a Gibson LP 60s tribute. Unfortunately it was not a good experience with that particular model.

String buzz here and there.

Probably a production defect?

Pano nalang kung sa online mo binili yung guitar then ganun out of the box? Ang gastos kasi ibabalik mo pa (shipping cost).

Good thing you were able to test it out.  If you bought online, well... you know how rant threads start.

I felt the same thing about a 50's tribute with humbuckers.  Being a stripped down finish, it's amazing how certain flaws can jump out at you.  I'm certain I could be holding a sta.mesa guitar with the rough fretboard edges, strings not staying in tune, etc.  I'm sure a setup helps, but man there are some dogs.

The next tribute model, on the other hand, I just can't help gushing over.  The finish feels much nicer, but I guess it's partly because everything else falls into place.  The factory setup was superb as well.

So.. keep looking out for a winner, if these tributes appeal to you.  Just be aware that the finishes on the tributes are much thinner compared to standards and studios.  You might be better off holding out for a standard or traditional.

@gandy

How much?  And can you try it out first?  Check out the specs, between 2000 and 2013, the standards' "standard" is all over the place.  Check out the FAQ on MLP, just so you know exactly what you're getting into before you buy.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline gelokaj

« Reply #906 on: December 17, 2013, 02:18:23 PM »

Pasali na rin...

References: franciskiko, karce, gwain, music_adik_to, odalisque, ren-00, nibiru, bossingboss, kentorres, titser_marco, lorenzo_016, ROBORATS, Ryn, Bamboger, Devilmay, anonikulas, toneking, BrianLP, Toybits, zstarter, and call_of_ktulu, Moncseb, and Micsis

Offline Ben Tsing Co

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #907 on: December 17, 2013, 03:27:29 PM »
“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #909 on: December 18, 2013, 02:15:50 AM »

Offline darth_rufio

« Reply #910 on: December 18, 2013, 02:04:45 PM »

Offline ael_israel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #911 on: December 18, 2013, 03:11:43 PM »
makikisali narin

AMMK!!!

Offline kune_km

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #912 on: December 18, 2013, 03:30:04 PM »
makikisali narin

very nice gibby you got there...

muntik na din ako mapabili nyan nung black friday sale... i was so in-loved with the tone...
To GOD be the Glory!!!<br /><br /><br /><br />http://smileyicons.net/s/225.gif

Offline ael_israel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #913 on: December 18, 2013, 03:37:54 PM »
very nice gibby you got there...

muntik na din ako mapabili nyan nung black friday sale... i was so in-loved with the tone...

Sa Guitar Pusher ko siya nabili bro :) ganda ng price and service eh hahah tsaka tama ganda ng tone..nakahabol pa tuloy ako sa birthday gift ko hahahah
AMMK!!!

Offline kune_km

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #914 on: December 18, 2013, 03:42:56 PM »
Sa Guitar Pusher ko siya nabili bro :) ganda ng price and service eh hahah tsaka tama ganda ng tone..nakahabol pa tuloy ako sa birthday gift ko hahahah

di ko talaga mabitawan ung na-try ko na ganyan... i was about to swipe my card... buti na lang nakapag-pigil... sarap ng tone!!!  :mrgreen:

that guitar was the reason why I got a MIJ LP, nanghinayang din ako sa price difference eh... dami gastos this season... but prior to the testing of that Gibby LP, wala ako talaga plan bumili ng LP or any guitar related stuff...  :eek:

Offline ael_israel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #915 on: December 18, 2013, 03:53:35 PM »
di ko talaga mabitawan ung na-try ko na ganyan... i was about to swipe my card... buti na lang nakapag-pigil... sarap ng tone!!!  :mrgreen:

that guitar was the reason why I got a MIJ LP, nanghinayang din ako sa price difference eh... dami gastos this season... but prior to the testing of that Gibby LP, wala ako talaga plan bumili ng LP or any guitar related stuff...  :eek:

ako din bro :) imaginin mo yun napa LP ako bigla well being a strat user all my life hahaha :) pero since single coil din naman ang p90s with a little bit of a punch eh grinab ko na din :) AMMK eh  :lol: pero honestly i like how the p90s sounded not too shabby
AMMK!!!

Offline kune_km

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #916 on: December 18, 2013, 03:56:42 PM »
ako din bro :) imaginin mo yun napa LP ako bigla well being a strat user all my life hahaha :) pero since single coil din naman ang p90s with a little bit of a punch eh grinab ko na din :) AMMK eh  :lol: pero honestly i like how the p90s sounded not too shabby

the guitar ive tried was looks exactly the same... color... pickup... nakakapogi... wahahahaha!!!! :-D

Offline ael_israel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #917 on: December 18, 2013, 04:02:01 PM »
the guitar ive tried was looks exactly the same... color... pickup... nakakapogi... wahahahaha!!!! :-D

ahahaha actualy and magaan din...unlike yung mga dati kong gibbys na ang bigat haha yes ive owned 2 before around college pa ko nun ages ako bwahhaha :)) pero decided to sell them lang dahil di naman ako mahilig sa LP hahah alien tingin ko sa kanila before and man the weights on that things are killers hahah good thing etong studio eh magaan sakto lang,,again not to shabby hahaha
AMMK!!!

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #918 on: January 07, 2014, 05:21:09 PM »
Ael, this one?

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #919 on: April 22, 2014, 12:36:03 PM »

Mon, kaya kay aibigay ng ishibashi to ng mga 7-8k rmb may slight dings na and nalusaw yung nitro dahil sa rubber guitar hanggers??!!  nadun ako kahapon, madami daw silang ibabalik na items sa Japan..kasi di daw mabenta..hahaha

GAS ako sobra..
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline mandoytz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #920 on: April 22, 2014, 12:55:14 PM »

Mon, kaya kay aibigay ng ishibashi to ng mga 7-8k rmb may slight dings na and nalusaw yung nitro dahil sa rubber guitar hanggers??!!  nadun ako kahapon, madami daw silang ibabalik na items sa Japan..kasi di daw mabenta..hahaha

GAS ako sobra..

How much is that converted in peso? thanks

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #921 on: April 22, 2014, 01:11:45 PM »
How much is that converted in peso? thanks

its around 70k! alam ko sabi ni Qroon...sinasale nalang din ng crescendo to for like 50 plus...damn!! not sure kung pellham blue sa Crescendo..

the thing with Ishibashi here..is that guitar prices are a little off the roof...though their selections are good...lots of good stuff especially the load less travelled guitars..haha
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline mandoytz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #922 on: April 22, 2014, 01:25:46 PM »
its around 70k! alam ko sabi ni Qroon...sinasale nalang din ng crescendo to for like 50 plus...damn!! not sure kung pellham blue sa Crescendo..

the thing with Ishibashi here..is that guitar prices are a little off the roof...though their selections are good...lots of good stuff especially the load less travelled guitars..haha

Thanks for answering :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 01:34:14 PM by mandoytz »

Offline Magus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #923 on: November 10, 2014, 11:56:08 AM »
Super beautiful guitars... and I bet they sound fantastic too :)

question; does Crescendo sell the Gibson R9?

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #924 on: November 11, 2014, 01:01:32 AM »